Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atomskx0

Idea For Extended Goals For Kickstarter

I suggest the ability for.....Early Access.

I know i know. But some of us really want to just get in-game, test it out, be apart of the creation of the game. We want to help mold it, bug testing, and give our feedback on the game were backing.

So Idea on how to go about it

NDA is fine, Early Access only aloud for Kickstarter backers is fine.

Im talking about getting into all of the testing, starting from Alpha 1 (Not pre-alpha).

In example,

Only those who backed the game on kickstarter (excluding the $5 dollar backing option) $30+ will be emailed a key to put into their account on Crowfall.com, that will then unlock the Early access tab in our account, and if we want, we can pay something like $20 (no more then $40, anything more then $40 would be outragous) and our account gets Alpha and beyond access. So for those who dont want to spend $500 to help test and support the game, we can still help just paying separately to get in the game, see it, test it, feel it out, and mold the game we love.

This sounds absurd i know, why am i suggesting we pay them to allow us to test their game? And only paying just to test their game.

Well of course they can give the Early Access testers some bonus too. But Some of us have an ich, and that ich is worth that price.

Darkfall is not going to ich this ich of mine. Only Crowfall will and im sure others out there are in the same situation.

Furthermore we would be supporting the Dev's even more by testing their game and funding them even more.

Lets face it, theres no way your going to find all the bugs before release. No game is prepared for Launch day, but the more you test it and listen to the feed back of the players, the closer you can get to a smooth launch.

Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.

I'm sure they'll probably have an option to get into the earlier phases of Alpha/Beta after the kick starter.. if they wanted to make it even more exclusive it'll be beneficial to them to make it so you only have access to the alpha/beta post-kickstarter access option only if you paid for a certain tier+ in kickstarter.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

*allowed

*itch

*you're

*Sigh*

And just to clarify, you want "earlier" access...  not just early access.  That's asking a bit much, in my opinion.  Throwing money at them isn't going to make them more ready to open the flood gates, even if it's just a little.  If you want earlier access, pony up the extra money to get into an alpha tier.  There are plenty of people that want it that badly.

*allowed

*itch

*you're

*Sigh*

And just to clarify, you want "earlier" access...  not just early access.  That's asking a bit much, in my opinion.  Throwing money at them isn't going to make them more ready to open the flood gates, even if it's just a little.  If you want earlier access, pony up the extra money to get into an alpha tier.  There are plenty of people that want it that badly.

I see where your coming from.  Throwing money at them doesnt make the game better sigfinigantly on launch day, and i see the point of such a high cost for alpha access. But theres what you "can" be at launch, and what you "can" be at launch. The diffrence is if you protect the game and avoid any stress its going to cause problems on launch day because you were absolutely not prepared. Also you have to be ready for the unknown, like a flood of unaccounted for players coming in, you cant predict the flood of a game on launch day for a game this unique.

People want it badly and why should we be denied? Theres only a benefical stand point for allowing early access for Backers. More money will help development, more players will only help stress test, find more bugs, find exploitable functions in-game. For example Darkfall 1 on launch, Acid Rigor farming, if you played you know what im talking about, its a problem, and exploited poorly made socks like that is terrible for newly launched games.

Allowing Early Access is in no means going to hurt the games development or progress, only support it further.

Those that want to be apart of the creation of this game can be, and those that dont want to can wait for your Backing teir to kick in and go from there.

Edited by Atomskx0

Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.