Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Support Archetype: High Elf Inquisitor

The Inquisitor is the most hybrid healer in Crowfall as their powers do both damage to enemies and provide healing to their group. Fire of Life is one of the most powerful abilities in the game as it prevents the group from dying (for a limited period of time). Inquisitors are also arguably the most slippery of the healers and the most difficult to isolate and remove from the field. Check out the High Elf Inquisitor Archetype.

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• ACE-Tiggs changed the title to Support Archetype: High Elf Inquisitor

Here's the build for those that may want to read more about the skills/passives: https://crowcaine.wiki/builds/@me/new?class=confessor&race=high-elf&talents=a1-b1-b2-c1-c2-c3-e1-e3-f3-h1-i2-j3-j4-k2-l4&majors=naiad--transcendent-warrior&minors=phantom-armor--resurrection

Agree with Fayde, definitely playable. My suggestion would be to switch out the Transcendent Warrior major disc. Pixie & Sun Worshiper are a better pair IMO if you want to focus heals, you still get the cleanse from SW and get two chain heals with synergy of the pixie minor.

As for resurrection minor, I'm not very sure it's useful in HD. If your team wins a fight, they'll pretty likely be claiming the rez point/structure. If your teams loses and fight and runs away with some alive members - then there is no time to rez. Weapon Finesse would be preferable, but could switch to Nethari at that point. But anything over resurrection seems preferable, like toughness. 

Edited by Vaporum
Added build link

I feel the Third minor  is needed for toughness, drop Resurrections for Weapon Finesse

No one uses Resurrections in the game itself, so why add it to HD. it brings the class down. 
Weapon Finesse is needed on the Inq because you need to keep your 5 stacks up all the time, and your always using mana quite alot. 

Phantom arm sure its a noob trap, i personally think, everyone has their own builds. 

Majors are great keep them

LW_sig_concept2_zpsgdrsfl7n.jpg

7 minutes ago, Vaporum said:

Agree, definitely playable. My suggestion would be to switch out the Transcendent Warrior major disc. Pixie & Sun Worshiper are a better pair IMO if you want to focus heals, you still get the cleanse from SW and get two chain heals with synergy of the pixie minor.

As for resurrection minor, I'm not very sure it's useful in HD. If your team wins a fight, they'll pretty likely be claiming the rez point/structure. If your teams loses and fight and runs away with some alive members - then there is no time to rez. Weapon Finesse would be preferable, but could switch to Nethari at that point. But anything over resurrection seems preferable, like toughness. 

Pixie and Sun Worshiper is a bit of a waste since you'd have Soothing Winds twice. Best to go Naiad/Pixie for the cleanse in that case. Also you don't need and can't use Weapon Finesse on this build because High Elf has Mental Fortitude racial which does the same thing.

6 minutes ago, arkaini said:

I feel the Third minor  is needed for toughness, drop Resurrections for Weapon Finesse

No one uses Resurrections in the game itself, so why add it to HD. it brings the class down. 
Weapon Finesse is needed on the Inq because you need to keep your 5 stacks up all the time, and your always using mana quite alot. 

Phantom arm sure its a noob trap, i personally think, everyone has their own builds. 

Weapon finesse doesn't stack with highelf racial, slightly inefficient choice.
Toughness for Resurrection would be a slight improvement.
Third minor would make it impossible to take all stat bundles, and no minor is better than those for the Inquisitor.

Edited by Fayde
2 minutes ago, Leiloni said:

Pixie and Sun Worshiper is a bit of a waste since you'd have Soothing Winds twice. Best to go Naiad/Pixie for the cleanse in that case. Also you don't need and can't use Weapon Finesse on this build because High Elf has Mental Fortitude racial which does the same thing.

Sun Worshipper's ability got changed from soothing winds to Chainheal

Naiad covers some of the Inquisitors weaknesses and is an often underestimated major discipline.
Empirically Fountain of Life has shown to be the strongest discipline healing ability in the game for the last 2-3 years.

6 minutes ago, Fayde said:

Naiad covers some of the Inquisitors weaknesses and is an often underestimated major discipline.
Empirically Fountain of Life has shown to be the strongest discipline healing ability in the game for the last 2-3 years.

Agreed I'd say Fountain of Life and Soothing Winds are the two best discipline heals (even more so with the Pix Fix passive).

22 minutes ago, Vaporum said:

You haven't used chain heal recently then I suppose, so maybe reserve judgement ;p. It's low cd, and can crit for 1k+.

this guy knows something

48 minutes ago, arkaini said:

Would rather see "Stay in the fight" myself.  

Not sure why both this and the Elkin Paladin both take Transcendent Warrior.   If you want to use divine Aura, it's a buff primarily for healers, and probably doesn't stack, so putting it on both seems to make it a bad call to have the Paladin and Inquisitor on the same team.

You'd have to give up the best stat bundle at the top for another minor. That would be unconditionally a terrible decision. Their stat tree is good for a starter healing-focused inquisitor.

- Weapon Finesse would be better than rez, but High Elf helps offset the need and the healing fessor will be using Fervor quite enough anyway.
- Stay in the fight is useful when leveled up for the basic attack dmg, but as a white disc it's gonna be rather useless for the healing fessor (see above regarding Fervor)
- Toughness fits the support-role well.
- Phantom Armor isn't useless, and would assist with new players having a bit more survivability on a squishy class.

My picks (w/ new people in mind) would be Weapon Finesse & Toughness on a Nethari Inq. And then Toughness & Phantom Armor on a High Elf Inq.

______

The minor discussion is pretty minimal compared to how terrible Transcendent Warrior is though. So highly recommend again that gets another look over please :) 

Edited by Vaporum

Forgive my ignorance, I'm just starting in the Beta and looking into playing Inq. Does anyone have a link to the build type your talking about as well as a guide? Thanks in advance!

In my opinion, both the race choice and the talent build are 100% optimal.
Naiad and Phantom armor are both my go-to first pick choices for Major and minor disciplines for this specific Race/Talent build.
Transcendent Warrior Major and Resurrection minor disciplines are the only two aspects of the build where I can see very minor potential for improvement (e.g. Toughness instead of Resurrection, as already suggested).
As it is, the build is very competitive and minor tweaks would be entirely preference based.

Edited by Fayde
4 hours ago, Frypan said:

Forgive my ignorance, I'm just starting in the Beta and looking into playing Inq. Does anyone have a link to the build type your talking about as well as a guide? Thanks in advance!

There's a link to the build in the original post, but here it is for your convenience:  https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/High-Elf-Inquisitor-Archetype

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Having played this archetype set-up a few times I think it's lacking in healing throughput; in terms of Majors Pixie/Friar or Pixie/Sun Worshipper gives you a lower CD heal and a heal over time to help space out the longer CDs the base kit has on its heals. Everything else is fine, save swapping Rez Minor for Toughness.

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png