Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Defense Archetype: Wood Elf Frostguard

This version of the Frostguard is designed around area denial. It’s Black Ice provides a debuff to enemies’ healing while its Protection Stakes make their entire group less susceptible to damage. The Frostguard’s FrostArmor builds on that functionality. Critical to the Frostguard’s success is their AoE Knockdowns resulting from their spawning Volatile Ice. Getting a Volatile Focus gem in the Hungerdome is critical for effective Frostguard play.  The Wood Elf Frostguard Archetype can be reviewed here

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Yeah, Forest Creature makes more sense. Also, Barbed Stake shouldn’t be available, I believe Edit: My bad, this is a Dark build. 

Edited by Pwca
17 hours ago, yianni said:

17 hours ago, yianni said:

it is available. but pixie should not be on frostguard

Ah, yes, misread the build. My bad

Edited by Pwca
I appear to have been drunk when I posted this

edited to new build:

PLEASE drop thawing (or sth. else) Ice and give the Frostguard Icy Veins. It's the strongest Ultimate in the Game, why would you drop that? 

http://crowfalllogs.com/character_planner?race=Wood-Elf&major1=Lord+of+the+Forest&major2=Forest+Creature&minor1=Barbed+Stake&minor2=Fortified+Stakes#6.5_frostweaver_a0-a1-a2-b2-b3-c1-d3-e1-f1-g0-g3-h5-h6-i3-j7

Edited by CrusaderW
17 minutes ago, CrusaderW said:

edited to new build:

PLEASE drop thawing (or sth. else) Ice and give the Frostguard Icy Veins. It's the strongest Ultimate in the Game, why would you drop that? 

http://crowfalllogs.com/character_planner?race=Wood-Elf&major1=Lord+of+the+Forest&major2=Forest+Creature&minor1=Barbed+Stake&minor2=Fortified+Stakes#6.5_frostweaver_a0-a1-a2-b2-b3-c1-d3-e1-f1-g0-g3-h5-h6-i3-j7

icy veins takes you out of the fight for too long, and 1k SP. if you have competent healers you shouldnt need it. id prefer 2 500sp ults back to back

I just hate you guys for doing THIS to my signature class. It is a complete garbage build. Now I need to play something else and I don't like that... =/

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

You give this character 12 active abilities + Ice Weaving combinations which is another 4 which need to be casted (animation is pretty slow). So this looks to me like a piano.

Although I will try it out and see. It pretty much may be pretty decent in close combat setting...

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

4 hours ago, Yumx said:

It's actually not a bad build, try them out before complaining guys.

I didn't say anything purposely but this is solid. And he got rid of pixie for forest creature

I'd consider swapping out bitter cold for cold to the touch.

Lowering ice resist isn't very useful in a group setting unless with Archmage which also already has this ability.

Additionally Cold to the touch fits more with the "tank" archetype.