Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VorpalSmilodon

Don't Have Any High Heels On People Who Plan On Engaging In Combat

I was getting myself stoked up for this game when I noticed something unfortunate in a screenshot Crowfall_Ass1Gameplay12.jpg

The assassin is in high heels! Can you imagine trying to sneak, run and fight on rugged terrain and rubble, in a pair of boots that are hard to walk around in indoors? I'm not going to boycott the game over one little thing like that, but there's a huge amount of time to fix the issue as well, so I thought I'd bring it up and see what the devs think.

From Dear Lord, Please No High Heels.

Musketeers heels                                High and pointy heels                                Fae's heels

7IA9tD.png                      ZNwICd.jpg                        VVK0aE.png           

Edited by courant101

Hey bro, speak for yourself

2015 YA HEATHEN

I think he was insinuating that your manhood is in question.  I may be wrong here, but that's definitely what it sounded like.  If I were you, I wouldn't let such an affront stand!  :)

You know this is a fantasy game with magic and stuff right? Did you also notice the assassin has wings?

Edited by Pyara

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

I remember in 8th grade, I donned a pair of heels and did laps in gym. I did pretty well until my third lap when I twisted my ankle. that was my first time running in heels, it really isn't that bad. Keep this game rocking high style, hard combat :)

I don't see the issue, here. Its meant to be a stylised fantasy game. It would be really unrealistic for the Dwarf Forgemaster or the Champion to have arms the size of a tree trunk, I mean how does he get to swing his 10 ton hammer so fast. I'm being very sarcastic here, just so you know.

If you're going to notice high heel on the female character please also notice the topless warrior with 0% body fat and arms the size of a tree trunk holding a 10ton hammer.

Just so you know, Ill be very disappointed if they make any changes. Its meant to be stylised and unrealistic. THATS THE POINT!Crowfall_D1Gameplay.jpg

Edited by anbarestani

Gotta say, forcing heels on the female character models is up there on my list of MMO pet peeves.  No one in their right mind would ever wear footwear with more than a one inch lug heel, at most.  "What's that?  We're off to fight a desperate campaign against skilled, bloodthirsty foes?  Just a moment while I put on my slutboots; I wouldn't want to be unfashionable for such an occasion!"

If you want to dress her up in armor that wouldn't protect her from a warm breeze, fine, but please at least give the female characters footwear that's at least remotely practical.  I'm generally trying to kill my opponents, not seduce them.

Gotta say, forcing heels on the female character models is up there on my list of MMO pet peeves.  No one in their right mind would ever wear footwear with more than a one inch lug heel, at most.  "What's that?  We're off to fight a desperate campaign against skilled, bloodthirsty foes?  Just a moment while I put on my slutboots; I wouldn't want to be unfashionable for such an occasion!"

If you want to dress her up in armor that wouldn't protect her from a warm breeze, fine, but please at least give the female characters footwear that's at least remotely practical.  I'm generally trying to kill my opponents, not seduce them.

Megan Fox runs sprints in heels in all her movies. I revoke your hypothesis and support my own thusly.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Megan Fox runs sprints in heels in all her movies. I revoke your hypothesis and support my own thusly.

Boondocks taught me what it means, when women can run fast in high heels

I really hope the admins remove this thread. Its pointless, and is just gonna take off the focus from more important thing relating to Crowfall.

Seriously, are you just trolling and trying to light a fire or you're being genuine. Cause If you are then Ill say yes in some Medium its concerning who women are portrayed, but this topic is completely irrelevant and pointless in a MMORPG where people look incredibly attractive ad wear expensive silk outfits to fight monsters and look like they have never eaten a gram of carbohydrate in their life.

You're ok with an armorkini but not heeled footwear? You can't be cereal right now.

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

You're ok with an armorkini but not heeled footwear? You can't be cereal right now.

Well, I'd certainly prefer realistic armor as well, but armor isn't built into the character models, whereas heels almost always are.  If a character model is designed to wear heels, then that's all she'll ever wear in the game. 

I seriously doubt the devs will put the time and effort necessary in to making a character model that can use different types of footwear that cause the feet to be held in different positions and change the character's height.  That's why it rates as a bigger concern for me than armor.