Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Don't Have Any High Heels On People Who Plan On Engaging In Combat

i am worried that people are concerned about things like this in a fantasy game, and not about how good a game can be.

It's the little details that make a game really shine.  This is pre-alpha, which is the best time of all to let the devs know how we feel about every little aspect of the game, because now is when they can actually change things without already having invested time and money into doing it differently.

It's the little details that make a game really shine.  This is pre-alpha, which is the best time of all to let the devs know how we feel about every little aspect of the game, because now is when they can actually change things without already having invested time and money into doing it differently.

and you are right, someway.

i want then take this time to say to the devs that i like the high heels, and that i feel ok about it.

dont worry, you can see that there are females that dont use heels.

B) All hail Uncle Bob. B)

I was getting myself stoked up for this game when I noticed something unfortunate in a screenshot Crowfall_Ass1Gameplay12.jpg

The assassin is in high heels! Can you imagine trying to sneak, run and fight on rugged terrain and rubble, in a pair of boots that are hard to walk around in indoors? I'm not going to boycott the game over one little thing like that, but there's a huge amount of time to fix the issue as well, so I thought I'd bring it up and see what the devs think.

Considering history, many warriors in cavalry wore heeled boots for stirrups. I wear boots with a 3" heel daily. I can run with my dog and kick someone in the teeth if need be. What makes a boot unstable is the ankle and side support. A boot with sufficient support on the ankles that yields a heel, is viable.

On a more personal note, I am all for highly stylized armor, heels included. As this is a fantasy video game, I would prefer to let my inner fashionista loose with a bow and horse. If you want a game that's all about realism and historically aimed armor, you should probably move to Gloria Victis.

Edited by Funpire

Considering history, many warriors in cavalry wore heeled boots for stirrups. I wear boots with a 3" heel daily. I can run with my dog and kick someone in the teeth if need be. What makes a boot unstable is the ankle and side support. A boot with sufficient support on the ankles that yields a heel, is viable.

can you run really, really, really, really fast in high heels?

can you run really, really, really, really fast in high heels?

Fast enough to chase after a deer with an arrow sticking out of it's lung and keep a fresh track through the woods. An unfortunate shot on my part I must say. When it comes to boots with riding heels, it is viable and doable.

E: Keep note, a riding heel isn't a high heel. High heels are generally over 4". Once you pass 3" things get difficult and it becomes more cosmetic or butt functional. The comparison of real life to pixels though, is largely irrelevant. What's important is, realism is boring. I don't want a sim, I want something fantasy and elaborate.

Edited by Funpire

Look, if the male version of the assassin also wears high heels I'll retract my suggestion.

Have you SEEN any spy/action movies that involves a female agent? They fight bad guys all the time in heeled boots, I don't see how different that is compared to here.

Generally that would be explained by the agent having no choice except high heels because she's sneaking through a gala - the immortals are gearing up for a protracted combat, they're more likely to pick a sensible shoe. Anyways, just because something's done elsewhere doesn't mean I have to like it.

As someone else brought up earlier, if it's an option to have high heels or flat heeled boots that's fine, but because of the way model rigging works, almost always a character with heels on the default armor also has to have heels on all other boots they wear. take the female demon hunter in Diablo III for example.

Edited by VorpalSmilodon

Look, if the male version of the assassin also wears high heels I'll retract my suggestion.

Generally that would be explained by the agent having no choice except high heels because she's sneaking through a gala - the immortals are gearing up for a protracted combat, they're more likely to pick a sensible show. Anyways, just because something's done elsewhere doesn't mean I have to like it.

As someone else brought up earlier, if it's an option to have high heels or flat heeled boots that's fine, but because of the way model rigging works, almost always a character with heels on the default armor also has to have heels on all other boots they wear. take the female demon hunter in Diablo III for example.

Ya, and guinea pigs don't use guns -- they don't have opposable thumbs.

RIDICULOUS

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Generally that would be explained by the agent having no choice except high heels because she's sneaking through a gala - the immortals are gearing up for a protracted combat, they're more likely to pick a sensible show. Anyways, just because something's done elsewhere doesn't mean I have to like it.

You might want to read the back story on the assassin again.

Also people crack me up complaining about realism in a fantasy game where there are guinea pigs with guns and swords, a deer that is a stalker and a playable centaur. If realism is such a concern this might not be the game for you.

Edited by Pyara

"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

So this is an argument of sexism against female characters then? Not about having high heels on characters. If that's the case, then there should be skirt based options for men on armor where female armor shows a visualized skirt, as well as make up cosmetics that will no doubt exist in character creation (as they do in virtually all mmos). If we are going to address gender equality, we shouldn't be picking and choosing.

I still don't get the big deal. It shouldn't bother you that a girl is wearing heels when she also has wings. And I mean come on, wearing heels is way more logical than wielding a hammer that's twice your weight.

7lXqKFL.gif

If only the Guinecean's had steam-powered robo stilts.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I'm glad I'm not the only person annoyed at the high heels problem.

However, I have a solution for all of you!

Equal Opportunity High Heels!

If the Fae Assassin gets to wear high heels, then so does Dwarven Forgemaster!

And the Centaur too.

And the Knight. And the Templar. 

And the Guinea Pig.

Oh, and in support of all sorts of minorities and breast cancer research, this feature is MANDATORY on every player character model ever.

What, don't you support breast cancer research? 

Dude, it's magic. Big deal. They wiggle fingers and fly, whatevs. Right?

Strap on your boots, tough guys. See ya on the battlefield.

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

I'm glad I'm not the only person annoyed at the high heels problem.

However, I have a solution for all of you!

Equal Opportunity High Heels!

If the Fae Assassin gets to wear high heels, then so does Dwarven Forgemaster!

And the Centaur too.

And the Knight. And the Templar. 

And the Guinea Pig.

Oh, and in support of all sorts of minorities and breast cancer research, this feature is MANDATORY on every player character model ever.

What, don't you support breast cancer research? 

Dude, it's magic. Big deal. They wiggle fingers and fly, whatevs. Right?

Yeah, exactly! To all the people saying 'its a fantasy setting, so it doesnt matter' - okay, let's put one of the male-only classes in heels too! No complaints now - there's guinea pigs with guns, so it makes sense for the forgemaster to be in heels!

Yeah, exactly! To all the people saying 'its a fantasy setting, so it doesnt matter' - okay, let's put one of the male-only classes in heels too! No complaints now - there's guinea pigs with guns, so it makes sense for the forgemaster to be in heels!

Except you are now spending dev dollars to prove your point versus make a game.

Which is why you are a player and those other guys are making the game, I reckon.

I really like those middle ones!!!!  I have a pair like that.  AND I CAN RUN IN THEM IF NEED BE.  IJS. 

Gotta say, forcing heels on the female character models is up there on my list of MMO pet peeves.  No one in their right mind would ever wear footwear with more than a one inch lug heel, at most.  "What's that?  We're off to fight a desperate campaign against skilled, bloodthirsty foes?  Just a moment while I put on my slutboots; I wouldn't want to be unfashionable for such an occasion!"

If you want to dress her up in armor that wouldn't protect her from a warm breeze, fine, but please at least give the female characters footwear that's at least remotely practical.  I'm generally trying to kill my opponents, not seduce them.

If you think the "high heels" on that toon are slutboots you need to get out more.  That isn't even CLOSE to a high heel. It is simply a heel, which is normal on a lot of kinds of boots.  My work boots have a slight heel, my cowboy boots have a slight heel.  Its not a big deal.  Not like shes in a pair of stiletto pumps.  Jeez.