Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/13/2021

Update Notes

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Barbed Stake disc. The stake is a melee stake with a ranged distance bonus. I think it should be either melee / melee or ranged / ranged

Barbed-Stake

Edited by Padishah

ShadowBane - Former IC of Societas Daemonica (2005 -2014)

ShadowBane - Former IC Nordic Chapter SB (2004)

ShadowBane -  Former IC / NL of House of Atreides, Damnation (2003-2004)

Damnation dot on Divine light is off the charts insane. 200 True damage/2 seconds for 15 or so seconds. 1500 true damage to anyone who ever stepped into a divine light is awful for game balance. It can be cleansed but it reapplies every tick of divine light and Sun Worshiper cleanse only protects you for 2 seconds. Reduce duration, cut damage or remove this entirely. At a minimum make it fire damage. True damage is bad for the game.

unknown.png

Neckbreaker still overpowered and ruining the game. This is from 6.510 on test but its unchanged. If we're not going to nerf it can we at least make ults not charge out of combat so people cant walk into a fight with 2 neckbreakers precharged? Would be better for the game if ultimates were built up during combat. No one has fun dying to an Alpha who hit them with 3 ults in 10 seconds if they even last that long. Did I mention its auto crit AoE?

unknown.png

I crafted an intermediate rune pick as well as installed the mining disc.  I went over to the campaign with my guild and was saddened to find that I could still only mine rank 1 things, I was only able to find rank 1 things or rank 10 things in the campaign.  Are there mid range materials in the campaign worlds?  I never found any and it would be nice to be able to progress my character where I locked it at.

For now, I've pulled it and put it back into the infected worlds to progress that particular craft.  I can't truthfully say that progress was impossible in the campaign, but it seemed impossible and now I'm the level 30 in infected curb stomping the noobs around me as I work on a craft.

Edit: I actually haven't done any of the curb stomping yet, though I intend to get in fights.  I forgot the opinion part of this, which is that it's bad that game mechanics pushed me back into the infected worlds when I was more than happy to play in the campaign mode.  Some sand out of the sand box.

Can some one quote me with the answer to the question "Are there level 4 materials to pick at in the campaign worlds?"  If yes, it may just be I gave up too soon.

Edited by Tenriak
added edit section

Story / Progression

• Hitting 18 and going to the moon it just kind of drops you and says "Alright, level up to 22. Oh by the way there are forts and PvP." without any sort of suggestion as to how best to do get involved with the forts or level up.
  • Between 18 and 22 I felt very lost and just ran around gathering things and killing things with no real purpose. I kept asking myself, am I getting the right resources, am I helping my faction at all?

Harvesting / Crafting

• It is super annoying that you can harvest all but 2 hits of any resource before running out of stamina, doesn't seem to matter if I hit all the weak point or not.
  • As a Guinecean there are some weak points I just can't hit due to their placement.
  • Some weak points appear in places I can target, but aren't over the hitbox of the resource, and so can never be triggered.
  • It's not clear what the purpose of the different woods / ores are, and how they're related to the rank of the resource. Are some woods / ores better than others, what is the rank? It wasn't very clearly explained, or if it was, it wasn't reinforced well.
  • What the heck is a Hunger Crystal?! It was REALLY COOL seeing one for the first time, super mysterious / spooky. However, I had no idea what its purpose was, or if it was good or bad if I mined it, so I mined it and got some rare resources which was cool.
  • Once you're out in the PvP area, I wasn't sure how to craft without going all the way back to home base, but I didn't want to have to run the whole way back to where I was so I just kept banking materials.
  • I dug up some graves for Necromancy, but that profession wasn't ever introduced or explained so I'm a little lost as to what exactly that does for me. I can guess its going to be crafting "companions" to fight with me, probably?

Adventuring / Leveling

• While the enemies are generally fun to fight (they have cool mechanics / tactics) there really isn't much pay-off for going to an area with monsters and wiping them out. It would be really cool if clearing an area spawned a bigger boss, or a loot chest or something.
    • I guess sometimes enemy camps have stuff to scavenge, but not always.
  • The game keeps mentioning forts / keeps / PvP but up through level 22 I didn't really get to do anything, or see anyone. It would be nice to even have a way to contribute resources to a fort or something in the first "safe" area just to get you used to how it works and how much you'll need.
  • It's really hard to get a sense for what stats you need when leveling up. I just decided to dump almost everything into INT with a little in DEX and SUP because... idk, its seemed right? I'm sure once I get to max level or get into a group or PvP it will become apparent what I should've put my point into, but right now it doesn't feel super impactful and a little stressful / annnoying that I KNOW I'm going to have done it "wrong".

Class / Abilities

• Cleric is pretty fun, even though I built for group play, I feel like a un-killable machine even when soloing PvE. It's really satisfying to wipe out 6+ enemies all at once using like 5 buffs on myself. I've said it before, the cleric battle ultimate ability is still super satisfying.
  • The ability icon colors don't necessarily make sense to me.
    • Green is heal.
    • Purple is crowd control?
    • Blue is everything else?

I would not show the players the servers. I'd have the player login to a main menu like most games, just a list: 

Tutorial
Play
Settings
Help
Quit

Replace the 1-17 part with a simple tutorial. Start in a big bright room with combat dummies. When you are ready you ask a character/voice for a challenge and it spawns some creatures to attack you. Each wave the voice teaches you a new lesson, you get a new ability point, and then it offers a harder challenge. The first few are easy, then it gets harder, by the end it is similar to a PVP fight and it tells you so. There is no crow if you die or anything, it just respawns you and you instantly can try again. The whole thing could be a fun, action packed half hour. Then you come out the equivalent of level 20 knowing how to fight, just lacking some real world practice. 

That's the end of the tutorial. Then when you press Play, you login to the merchants area with the big statue, make that area like a lobby. If they want PVP/PVE they take one portal, or another portal for Guild vs Guild. It can always move servers in the background or whatever, but I don't think the player should see that. 

I think the first PVE area should be instanced so each player gets the area to themselves. You should mow down the group of trash mobs, and then make the boss mob into a challenging battle for the SOLO player to beat. Each boss should give an item, and when you kill all bosses it unlocks the portal to the next area. And explain that the next area is harder PVE and also FFA PVP. And it recommends people start looking for friends/guilds. 

Then have a transitional area with tough PVE, FFA PVP, and no penalty for dying, and no waiting to summon the corpse. And then final area is PVE PVP and consequences. And they can now choose to keep playing there or use that other portal to the Guild vs Guild stuff. 

Edited by Manalishi

Knowlegde about Import/Export rules and lootable inventory in Dregs is still not great among new players who end up wasting their Imports and then their possessions needlessly.  When it comes to information, the transition between God's Reach + Infected and Dregs is lacking. Especially the mouseover information about Campaign rules & Restrictions: Could you somehow put this more prominently on the Dregs information page?

IgVP4LM.png

16 hours ago, Tenriak said:

I crafted an intermediate rune pick as well as installed the mining disc.  I went over to the campaign with my guild and was saddened to find that I could still only mine rank 1 things, I was only able to find rank 1 things or rank 10 things in the campaign.  Are there mid range materials in the campaign worlds?  I never found any and it would be nice to be able to progress my character where I locked it at.

For now, I've pulled it and put it back into the infected worlds to progress that particular craft.  I can't truthfully say that progress was impossible in the campaign, but it seemed impossible and now I'm the level 30 in infected curb stomping the noobs around me as I work on a craft.

Edit: I actually haven't done any of the curb stomping yet, though I intend to get in fights.  I forgot the opinion part of this, which is that it's bad that game mechanics pushed me back into the infected worlds when I was more than happy to play in the campaign mode.  Some sand out of the sand box.

Can some one quote me with the answer to the question "Are there level 4 materials to pick at in the campaign worlds?"  If yes, it may just be I gave up too soon.

I think infected is rank 1 - 6 and dregs is rank 6 - 10

aeei5jG.png

19 hours ago, Tenriak said:

There are 3 islands for each faction in the FvF (Infected) world. Where you first port in the mobs are low level and the nodes are low rank. As you move to the east, the mobs will become higher and so will the nodes. By the time you get to Sky Point, most mobs are level 30, the nodes go up to rank 6, and the other faction players are likely to kill you if you are solo harvesting.

[EDIT] I play on Earth, where the lowbie island in FvF (Infected) is Avison. When we enter in the far west, the nodes are rank 3, in the mid and west of that zone they are rank 4. Those are the glowy nodes, there are rank 1 non glow nodes there too.

Earth's middle island zone has Rank 4 nodes in the western half and Rank 5 in the eastern half.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png