Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/15/2021

Update Notes

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• ACE-Tiggs changed the title to 6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/15/2021

When you right click an item to put it into your vault it feels laggy. It's not instant. If you right click a whole line of items, you almost have to wait for the lag to catch up before you can keep going. When you vendor an item with CTRL+Right Click it feels so instant and it makes this feel like it takes much longer. Just my two cents, if it makes any sense. 

Hello,

Maybe im more subjective than i should be considering the big expectations but ..  The combat felt ok-ish , nothing spectacular . Not on GW2 , BDO or Terra levels but around Eso , definitely not clunky but not enough for a pvp-centric game . It felt like it didn't had enough impact/oomph , hits registering outside of what should've been normal weapon range .

Graphics were ok , i had my expectations right here , nothing for a last year's video card but could surely capture a lot of slower pc's audience.

There needs to be some kind of information on stuff like what can i sacrifice from my inventory (lore  ) , why can't i wear a dagger or be careful what points you stick because the respec is only for vip ..  Some of these information i had to google.

Thx for the test environment :)

Quivers:

Only have 1 experiment line which is damage

a poor quiver has the same durability as a legendary one

Stalkers quiver used to have progressive haste starting from 15% for a common capping at 20% for legendary, now all stalkers have 15% making very little difference between the rarities.

Suggestions:

Give the heartwood secondary stats similar to woodworking planks, this would be twofold in making the different types of heartwood mean something

Restore the haste % growth via rarity of the stalkers quivers.

EK statue buff is STILL broken for Woodworkers - why to you hate woodworkers so much !!!!

@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair

Maps this cw really suck.

Benicus:

image.png

^Nothing of worth on that whole part of the map.

image.png

Same up there. Just empty.

There is no use for empty space to exist. There should always be a few POI always near. If a guild member is doing X I should be able to pick between a few options of things to do near them, such that we can be there to help each other should the need arise.

This cw I farmed some graveyards and despite that being a great spot for that I ended up logging out out to wait for them to respawn. Cuz there was nothing near i could do.

Those maps size could be halved. Truly.

Infected should drop 'flawed minors' inside those bookshelves, those are equal to green minors but cant be used to upgrade to blue.

It is really dumb some discs dont drop at all yet some discs drop so much people can get to lego minors in 1 day.

Introduce those flawed minors, fix the drops so ALL minors drop both in Infected (flawed) and Dregs' bookshelves. Either drop all minors or dont drop any ffs.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Have levelled to 30 and made it to Skyfall. Lack of vendors in Infected zones leads to frustration with all the items collecting in Inventory with no purpose. It is also appears that the only means of accessing vendors is to either: 1. Bind to an entry zone, OR 2. Backtrack through Infected zones. Neither is very player friendly.

Finally discovered that meat for cooking is harvested from yellow, and not red critters. The NPE tutorial used knives for skinning, not butchering-that aspect should be added. Mystery meat should be removed-that tartare option is of little or no value. Especially with MOBs in outposts dropping prepared food.

Also, I have added the minor rune allowing me access to intermediate harvesting tools. However, there are no new crafting menus or outpost items with them.

Lack of player interaction has been an issue. In the week I have been on the US server, I have only seen two players in the Infected. One ran, and the other only engaged in PvP after I pursued. I learned how to solo retake an outpost in Skyfall.......but it was trial and error.

Lack of active chat channels is also a frustration. Joining guilds though a website is not an MMORPG standard. That is compounded by the sterility of the Discord channel. 

Best way to describe experience so far is that as an open sandbox, the learning curve is much like Eve Online. It also, much like EOL, has vast areas with nothing at all going on.

When this was pitched at PAX Online, the top dogs were promoting the value of community as one of the reasons people stick with MMORPGS (especially those of use that have been around for some time). So far I am not feeling it in the Live Beta.

1 hour ago, NialOTheNine said:

Have levelled to 30 and made it to Skyfall. Lack of vendors in Infected zones leads to frustration with all the items collecting in Inventory with no purpose. It is also appears that the only means of accessing vendors is to either: 1. Bind to an entry zone, OR 2. Backtrack through Infected zones. Neither is very player friendly.

Finally discovered that meat for cooking is harvested from yellow, and not red critters. The NPE tutorial used knives for skinning, not butchering-that aspect should be added. Mystery meat should be removed-that tartare option is of little or no value. Especially with MOBs in outposts dropping prepared food.

Also, I have added the minor rune allowing me access to intermediate harvesting tools. However, there are no new crafting menus or outpost items with them.

Lack of player interaction has been an issue. In the week I have been on the US server, I have only seen two players in the Infected. One ran, and the other only engaged in PvP after I pursued. I learned how to solo retake an outpost in Skyfall.......but it was trial and error.

Lack of active chat channels is also a frustration. Joining guilds though a website is not an MMORPG standard. That is compounded by the sterility of the Discord channel. 

Best way to describe experience so far is that as an open sandbox, the learning curve is much like Eve Online. It also, much like EOL, has vast areas with nothing at all going on.

When this was pitched at PAX Online, the top dogs were promoting the value of community as one of the reasons people stick with MMORPGS (especially those of use that have been around for some time). So far I am not feeling it in the Live Beta.

You don't need to find vendors in Infected to sell the loot you want to get rid of. There are many Hero outposts that all have account chests. Drop your stuff off there and have an alt in the temple take it out and sell it to NPCs there in the temple (so that your account vault doesn't get full).

As to the lack of communication, join a guild and talk with you guildies in-game guild chat, or with out-of-game voice comms such as Discord.  This game was designed for Guild vs Guild. Playing it solo is gonna feel lonely, cause it is.

macdeath_sig.png

6 hours ago, MacDeath said:

As to the lack of communication, join a guild and talk with you guildies in-game guild chat, or with out-of-game voice comms such as Discord.  This game was designed for Guild vs Guild. Playing it solo is gonna feel lonely, cause it is.

He said the discord was dead, the game was empty and having guild function outside of the game was not normal. Telling him to goto the same places to communicate with nobody doesnt make much sense. Its a very valid long term issue having a game focus on guild so much and then ignore guild functions ingame. <shrugs> maybe next year it will be important.

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

He said the discord was dead, the game was empty and having guild function outside of the game was not normal. Telling him to goto the same places to communicate with nobody doesnt make much sense. Its a very valid long term issue having a game focus on guild so much and then ignore guild functions ingame. <shrugs> maybe next year it will be important.

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

I was referring to communicating to his guild via their discord (or what ever they use for voice comms.

macdeath_sig.png

Infected needs an upgrade to become an interesting diving board for solo players/small guilds towards Dregs: veterans guilds will mostly rush towards Dregs where the risk/rewards are greater while new players/casual small guilds might linger in Infected to progress in a slower tempo and eventually consolidate their numbers and gain experience so to enter Dregs at a later stage. To accomplish this two-stage rocket mechanism I think Faction vs Faction needs objectives with interesting reward in Infected, points of interest for fights. New players who arrive in Infected must be enticed to stay and organize themselves in small groups/guilds! For that we need a good social interface. I don't believe this will spread the population to thin across worlds, on the contrary it will retain people in the game.

4 minutes ago, Belantis said:

new players/casual small guilds might linger in Infected

If it wasnt for folks using infected to farm... Ace has indicated they are trying to bring some form of free building to the dregs campaign, this will really put a damper on non-dregs lingering. Not sure what could entice players to stay within current framework.