Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/16/2021

Update Notes

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Howdy!

So, even though I ain't played this version just yet, I'd like to leave some feedback on something else I encountered previously.

Enjoying your EK is.... difficult when you're constantly being prompted to "pick up" or "move" your VERY LARGE or very smol buildings when you're running around with your friends etc. Would it be possible to create or make an "edit" mode. So that we can actually enjoy our kingdoms to their full extent, instead of being as mentioned, prompted to move, pick up or just see which thing you're looking at in general.

The difference is staggering if you're in a guild hall - then looking to a crafting station. The massive highlight of the entire structure, changing to the station is a major eyesore and strain on the eyes :)

Oh, and also I somehow clipped a tree and ended up flying from the sky... https://clips.twitch.tv/CrazyArborealHerringWoofer-9xqSSZGXTShRIvl-

Other than that, I am seriously enjoying my time, and will try to provide further feedback from a new players perspective. :)

Oh oh! Edit: 

Now that I remember cause it just happened again. The despawn time on your gathered drops needs to be increased or somehow changed - myself and a friend were mining motherlodes for the hell of it (yes I know, don't do it before you have proper gear etc etc for it - but we're doing it cause we're trying different things out, so just.. okay?) anyway... The drops of our gathering was happening INSIDE the motherlode, and managed to despawn before we had destroyed the whole rock. This equals sadfaces.

Also, party loot? or round robin or something? Idk, but it seems like a feature the game would benefit from in terms of playing with your friends and one of them is a vacuum cleaner or one (totally not me) being a hoarder... :)

Edited by GuardianAngelz

Hello,  Thank you for the opportunity to play CrowFall and provide some feedback about my experience.

These opinions below are my own, and may not align with others thoughts and opinions, all I can say is this is my experience.

I will try to break down things that are good, annoying/needing work, and game killer.

The good:
    The flexibility with the skill tree is nice, I would like to see more details around the passive/active skills on the hover over tool tip.
    The Combat does feel engaging where you have to click to attack and feel like you are actively doing something.
    Visually the graphics have a old school almost nostalgia vibe, which is nice.

Annoying/Needing work:
    Resource management for casters is bad...I played a cleric first and didn't have much issue but upon switching to Druid...I died a lot more due to no mana.
    Sprinting just doesn't seem to do much of anything unless I'm in combat or swing my weapon.
    Crafting UI could use some help, most games allow you to right click or some key combo to "auto populate" the craft window (I thought I did it once but yet to repeat).
    Crafted Items having a non-repairable durability is a unique twist; however, if I have to create a axe every 7-8 trees this becomes tedious and makes me not want to gather.
        Understand that higher tier stuff would probably last longer...but if I can't gather mats to upgrade before I have to create another axe...I am just chasing my tail.
    Gathering items effecting stamina is just annoying more than a feature. I get it is supposed to add realism or some delay but it just gets frustrating and pushes me away from gathering.

Game Killer:
    The map is not helpful at all and outside of my icon sometimes moving, its pointless.  Would love to have a option to switch to a 2D flat map (to me this is a killer because if I have no idea where I'm going/direction, I will give up sooner).
    The tutorial/mode selection needs a re-work. Its very confusing to pop out of the "tutorial world" into another world for leveling.
        For PVP I would understand but I found myself at lvl 18-20 wondering around aimlessly not sure on what to do next (besides the quest saying get to 22 which I couldn't find any mobs above lvl 19...so I gave up).
    The game just seems to be missing (stealing from another post) a hook, it has a lot of parts but something missing to hold those parts together.

Overall I ended up being lost after I hit lvl 20, and with no real direction besides to grind on lower level mobs I just re-created another character to try it out, but kind of fell in the same pit.
I would like to see some more things come from this game because the thought of a season based MMO that you play to win instead of play till the game shuts down its servers is interesting.
I may not have experienced all there was to have in the game but from a new player perspective this is just my take.

Thanks,

AzureSky

1 hour ago, AzureSky said:

The tutorial/mode selection needs a re-work. Its very confusing to pop out of the "tutorial world" into another world for leveling.
        For PVP I would understand but I found myself at lvl 18-20 wondering around aimlessly not sure on what to do next (besides the quest saying get to 22 which I couldn't find any mobs above lvl 19...so I gave up).
    The game just seems to be missing (stealing from another post) a hook, it has a lot of parts but something missing to hold those parts together.

Overall I ended up being lost after I hit lvl 20, and with no real direction besides to grind on lower level mobs I just re-created another character to try it out, but kind of fell in the same pit.

Thank you for your comments and Feedback Azure!

@ ACE - there you go, that is in a nutshell why 90% (made up number just my perception) of your beta invites seem to flitter away after 2 weeks.

You made the NPE to alleviate that but I believe you missed the mark. If you haven't already, maybe consider a focus-group with some actual real new players. Like, talk with them over a Zoom call.

Eventually, adding some player model crafting animations would be nice, like players would watch you doing something different on the Assembly stage, the Experimentation stage, naming, etc.

Myrmidon Titan Feedback:

I feel myself struggling with slots to slot my powers. With Berserk, Neck Slash and Whirlwind being must haves it feels as if the class struggles seriously with lack of slots. It wouldnt be an issue if I could avoid talents that grant powers, but so far I have ended up with like 4 powers I would like to but cant slot. As someone who mains human I have no idea how yall can live with this.

Lacks good self Healing.

It has access to three Healing option on its talent tree. Neckslash (Battlerager), Gift of Blood, and Indomitable.

Neckslash is okay. Could perhaps escale with hp. Is the only real heal Battlerager gets, but cant really carry the whole class alone.

Gift of Blood. 100 measly hp each time we apply a bleed. Each bleed lasts for 16 secs. Imagine we hit 5 players with bleeds, that is 500 hp/16 secs = 31.25 hps. Consider any starving skin and bones myrm has 8k hp, it would take more than 4 minutes for a myrm to heal those measly 8k. 4 min taking no damage and refreshing those bleeds perfectly on time. For comparison Neckslash recovers 54 hps and is infinitely easier to get.

^Id change it to gaining hp on hitting targets inflicted with your bleed. Tone it way down, like 20hp per hit. It has to be a good/okay heal as long as you are neck deep in enemies but not too much healing.

Indomitable. Temporary HP boost? Have yall forgotten you removed anything that used to scale with hp? I really dont see what this power is supposed to do. Especially when that boost is granted only during berserk, wow you gave me more hp during the only moment i dont care for it. Whether I have 10k hp or  500hp doesnt matter if I am not taking damage. What I need is hp when I come out of berserk.

^Id change it to work just like I said. When you come out of berserk. "Grants a health buff lasting 5 seconds for each enemy within 20m when you sucessfully mitigate a Crash."

It’s not even worth my time to patch until you release at least a 10 day dregs.

it feels like you abandoned the mmo portion of the game to try to compete with fortnite.   That’s not what I paid for.

things to do outside of siege window.

gather - soooooooo fun!

run pigs - gathering in a different way soooooo boring

take outposts - not fun.  We should be digging in at our outposts and defending them, instead of take 40 and playing whack a mole whenever some no lifer takes it back!

hunt mobs for gold - boring

craft - there’s not much point. 1000 hours work for a 2% upgrade!

how to make these things better?

restore the backup of your suggestion forums and actually read them for once!  

10% of the posts on there are actually quality posts.

outside of siege windows we need:

let us raid people’s keeps and castles

let us raid people’s forts

let us smash people’s stuff

we should be pulling out catapults

make crafter gear better

balance the economy so we have a reason to be in game outside of sieges

The map should paint as we take stuff

forts should have res statues and banks and basic crafting stations and should be singable at any hour of the day!  So a small clan can take a fort and live there for a few hours.  Once taken give it a 4 hour siege cool down  let stone walls be built.

Remember shadowbane we would see a message godly int rune spawns?  

System messages that say stuff like a legendary mining rune has spawned in a motherlode in this region every now and than

or an extra system when a king spawns it has a 2% chance to spawn a legendary major of whatever.  King battles used to be fun!

OMG, the vendors at Infected temple are useless. Im sorry but Novice items can be removed from the game already.

Plus there is no reason to give newbies trash gear. These guys already have so many things against them. Give new players a break. Add normal vendors to temple. And all armor vendors too (wtf?).

Should be able to Rez at neutral outposts. I have been leaving all rez outposts neutral so that new players could easily come back to action. Imagine my surprise when I try to rez to kill a duo that killed me (see berserk bugged entry on the Bug thread) and wasnt able to.

Turns out I had been removing rez points from everyone, including my faction newbs.

I have played through the starting area now and liked the combat and crafting system so far.

A lot of great things: I liked the possibilities to combine races and classes and to further to develop each character into different directions. However, from my many years of experience with MMOs I have learned that this will not be easy to balance. There will probably be a few "meta" builds with a lot of dead combinations in the end. I hope my concern does not come true and you will put a good amount of time into balancing the builds.

I found some minor bugs, like for example you craft a ring, equip it and it gets red framed saying you cannot equip the item.

What I didn't like was the inventory and the inventory management. It takes too long to find the stuff you are looking for, symbols are too small and not clear on first sight what it is. Often I had to go through the tool tipps again and again, because I simply forgot where this specific wood was and how it looked like. I would really like to see a more organized inventory with seperate bags for crafting material and a sort function. 

Also sometimes, interacting with objects is a bit clunky because you really have to aim directly onto a certain area of the object.

Furthermore, it would be nice to have some sort of quest tracker which shows you the goal of the next quest. The question mark on the compass is fine but I like to see the quest goal.

Adventuring / Leveling

• I found some Mail armor and holy cats that was a 200+ armor upgrade for one piece! Super cool!
  • Only played for an hour or so and leveled up to 25 from 22. Very much felt like I didn't have a real goal other than leveling, and wandered around for a good bit of time looking for a new type of enemy to fight as I had already fought most of the wildwilfe, satyrs, elementals, etc. Eventually found the Embarii centaurs right at the end which was cool!
  • I saw a Swamp Bear thing in the distance with a bunch of tentacles and that was pretty intimidating! Decided to be brave and fought it DID NOT EXPECT IT TO SHOOT LASERS AT ME! Awesome tentacle bear with lasers!

Gathering / Crafting

• Scavenging is a really cool / unexpecting thing to do in the world. It kind of reminds me of dropping into a Battlegrounds game like Fortnite / PUBG. I really like this.
  • I really like that resource nodes glow, it takes away from the immersion initially but I think overall it makes the gameplay much better.

UI / UX

• The slight lag opening the map makes me cringe every time I have to open it.

Forts / Keeps

• Contributing resources to level up keeps should still give the player some individual reward to encourage people to do it. 
    • I put in 1000xp worth of stuff, and while it felt good knowing I'm helping secure this Fort. It also left me wondering if it would've been better to just sell the stuff / use it to gain XP for myself.
  • It's not clear how to get timber / boulder / ingot at a Fort. There aren't any of the NPCs / pack animals that I was shown during the tutorial.wwwd
Edited by Tobius

14 hours ago, Sloppy said:

how to make these things better?

restore the backup of your suggestion forums and actually read them for once! 

10% of the posts on there are actually quality posts

Seems to me it is more efficient now, less subforums to ignore. 

Gathering feels a lot less laggy now, the new doobers aren't slowly building up VFX anymore, this is a huge plus.

Crafting

• Runecrafter does not benefit much from resources making tools past green quality. With novice thrall, lego belt, lego disc (helper monkey), tippers, +11 diff reduction, and capped assembly/experimentation/pips.  The following results:
    65-73 blues w/ polish
    60-73 greens w/ polish
    the cost to polish makes the advantage of going to blue a wash since RNG is still too wide even at catastrophic.
    Runic weapons are still too underpowered to make them worth progressing an RC futher than Lego disc and epic belt imo
  • Leatherworking.  Randomly find myself just shy of 18 pips despite having thrall buff and getting its appropriate increases.  Feels like an item now and then isn't getting counted and wondering if its due to duo necks, or a pot pie buff not showing thats well past expiry
  • Armoursmith..... Leather padding doesnt seem to be bootstrapping items anymore, this could be just very unlucky rng, but after 6 sets, im gettin suspicious.  Leatherworking Bootstrap still functional with rivets and belts though consistently.
  • Are you insane...  It is well suited to be red, because it almost never works out well for final assemblies, even with over 25 difficulty reduction and a fully capped crafter, White gear still outputs at too wide an RNG so the critical failure far outweigh the amount of good rolls you get.  In the past having a gap of +25-30 experimentation over difficulty was sufficient for decent consistent results.  It seems are you insane is now permanently relegated to subpart components vs low quality final assemblies.  Adjusting Difficulty reduction weighting on Jewelry may be the solution to this issue.  A slight bump so a possible +2 more difficulty reduction could be obtained on lego rings/necks rolled for it.

Edited by neven

A common feedback/pain point given by new players is the inability to respec without paying for VIP... I understand that VIP needs value for the launch product, but for right now people are coming in with no idea of what they're looking at in the talents, what the good and bad choices are, or about being wary of stat caps. When they find out they're unable to redo their characters somehow and that they're stuck with a bad build or having to redo levelling completely it's a big turn-off for them, and when they're told they have to pay for the privilege of respec it add insult to injury... That kind of combo can make them not want to continue to give the game a chance.

Please consider giving respec a 1k gold cost or something for non-VIP, at least for the testing phase of the game.

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

I logged into game and popped at the Skyfall outpost I had captured when I last played. So far so good.

Decided to take another outpost, and did so. While it was cycling toward the green, a fellow faction member arrived-Huzzah!

We decided to group and set off to capture another outpost. Just as we were leaving, two enemies approached. Joy! We took down the tank, but his assassin partner drew us into a MOB chief and ganked me. I could not release my crow and had to wait until time out. When I popped, I was at the Sun Temple bind point with the cooldown timer locking me out of a repop at my bind point. So I logged out.

With no friend/faction player list in game, finding the ONE player I coopted with will be problematic. Very counter-intuitive. Eliminate cooperative play or incorporate features that will allow (and encourage) players to develop it in the sandbox.

A final  note: for a struggling new player, the whole siege system is way too much. Who wants to see a timer about something that will happen days ahead when  you're not really having fun now?

6 hours ago, Xarrayne said:

A common feedback/pain point given by new players is the inability to respec without paying for VIP... I understand that VIP needs value for the launch product, but for right now people are coming in with no idea of what they're looking at in the talents, what the good and bad choices are, or about being wary of stat caps. When they find out they're unable to redo their characters somehow and that they're stuck with a bad build or having to redo levelling completely it's a big turn-off for them, and when they're told they have to pay for the privilege of respec it add insult to injury... That kind of combo can make them not want to continue to give the game a chance.

Please consider giving respec a 1k gold cost or something for non-VIP, at least for the testing phase of the game.

Jtodd just addressed your concerns in the last Q&A, he basically said its no big deal, only a few hours.

1 minute ago, mystafyi said:

Jtodd just addressed your concerns in the last Q&A, he basically said its no big deal, only a few hours.

Hmm fair enough, I respectfully disagree with JTodd though... A few hours of redoing the same quest line plus mob grinding 18-30 every time you wanna try out a new talent or domain or promotion is way too much of an ask for someone who's trying the game for the first time. Just relevelling once per class and then having to farm for gold for say 30 minutes to 1 hour for every respec is much more reasonable,

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png