Find results in...

6.510.0 Live Feedback for 4/16/2021

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello,  Thank you for the opportunity to play CrowFall and provide some feedback about my experience. These opinions below are my own, and may not align with others thoughts and opinions, all I c

The map loads too slow.

Howdy! So, even though I ain't played this version just yet, I'd like to leave some feedback on something else I encountered previously. Enjoying your EK is.... difficult when you're constantly

On 4/17/2021 at 1:28 AM, Tobius said:

It's not clear how to get timber / boulder / ingot at a Fort. There aren't any of the NPCs / pack animals that I was shown during the tutorial.wwwd

Wood pigs are in the forest 

Ingots are in the caverns

Boulders are usually at some hill top. 

Go explore 

But don't waste your items leveling or building anything in infected. Sell it all

I will preface this by saying I was not exactly hyped to play this but figured I'd check it out as a long time MMO fan. I launched the game for the first time and played for an hour or 2 and reached level 7 on a Duelist. Here are my first impressions

1. My first 10 min in game were spent trying to figure out how to mouse over abilities to read what they do. K is the only way from what I can tell? Opening inventory hides action bar and no hotkey for detaching mouse from look. Was getting pretty annoyed and thought about logging out but couldn't see where the logout button was either after hitting ESC. I realized shortly after its a small power button icon in the bottom corner.

2. The Map sucks. Personal opinion maybe, but I felt like the map was pretty useless. The weird 3D angle made it harder to read. 2D maps are way better IMO. Also, I can understand not wanting a Minimap for certain reason on the Dev side, but I personally feel pretty lost without a Minimap in an MMO since they are very standard in others.

3. Stats don't tell you what they do on increase until after you've spent them? I had 5860 HP with 13 CON and after spending a point went up by only 20 HP to 5880 HP 14 CON. This was a massive disappointment and didn't feel like I gained anything. If the mouseover told me beforehand I would never waste a point for a 0.34% HP upgrade.

4. Interaction hotkey binding kind of bad. I wanted to bind F to Loot all while still being F to talk and also bind F to Yes in conversations. Unfortunately it seems Talking and looting (not loot all) are considered the same action and you cant have the same hotkey assigned in chat dialogue thats used outside of it for something else. This is by no means a big deal. It just seems odd that I can't.

5. No bindable key for Quest log and no quest tracker? I mash Y through quest dialogue, so finding what to do for quests is super clunky. I did notice a marker on the compass for where your quest is so that allowed me to blindly run a direction not knowing what I was going there for. But similar to what I said above about maps, I feel kind of lost without a quest tracker to tell me what I am supposed to be doing.

6. Global cooldown is way too fast? I feel like its 0.25 sec? There were mutliple times during my short playtime that it felt very unresponsive as if I hit a lag spike or something because I would see the action go off but not see a pip gain or damage. (and yes my target was aimed at properly and in range) It just felt really bad when it happened. 

7. Not really an issue as I know I was in the tutorial area, but Mobs didn't feel dangerous at all. I was pulling 4 or 5 mobs at a time and ending with 75%+ HP

As someone that has played many MMOs and is constantly hoping for a good one to come out, I was rather disappointed by my first time in Crowfall. I hope this feedback helps in some way but from what I saw in my first sitting I don't really feel like launching it back up.

You said in the latest live Q&A that you will add a quick port to sky point, what is really taking your time in adding a simple mechanic like an NPC that you talk to on the temple portal pads of Moosename, Avison and D'Hathos which teleports you to the portal to enter sky point in Yerog, Tiggs Town and Solaris?

I'd be nice if Shadow Sight revealed Warden traps. It's annoying when you're tryna be sneaking and then hit a random trap since Wardens just poop them out everywhere. They're not like brigands where you know the general location the trap is at. You just have no idea where the traps are

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I swear I tried to play in Infected to help newbies. I tried to always give them a good fight, I used a less oppressive class, I didnt don my crafted pieces, I tried to always point other newbies from my faction to fights instead of taking them all. I answered tons of questions.

But today my will of putting myself through all this trouble has ended.

My backlog and luck has ran out, my usable gear has all broken. Again, I dont want to use my crafted stuff. I got my bank full of gear, just nothing i can use. Confessor books? I must have like eight. Ice Frostweaver thingy? 5 or so. But Axe for my Myrm? None. Plate boots? None.

Im sorry but if I wanted to spend hours fighting mobs for gear Id go to the Dregs. Why do Chests give White Gear? I dont even loot that trash. Why am I getting other classes loot? This stuff should be based on either on what I can use or on what kind of mob I killed.

The temple vendor is a joke. I was more than willing to just pay gold so I wouldnt have to bother with it. shame it is all Novice trash. Do you people even know how trash Novice stuff is? If you did you would have taken it off from the game ages ago.

Hell, why cant I trade/buy stuff from players easily? There must be a confessor somewhere that wants a book but only got Axes to drop. Must I spam general Kingdom and hope for teh best?

And even if I did spend that much time to gear myself up all I would get was fighting Guilded people that for some reason like to chill on Infected and bully newbs. Yesterday Im pretty sure me and my newbs killed a couple that was farming Motherlodes (and apparently we were in the wrong for piling up on them, go to Dregs losers!). Today I was crushed by 4 guilded players that are apparently getting their rocks off on literally crushing newbs. I SAW them obliterate a random Earth guy. Do you know how rare players from Earth are? Guess if this is the BS they get when they appear it makes sense they are as rare as Unicorns. That felt like watching 4 deliquents kicking a puppy. That is just wrong...

I dont think that is something yall can stop. There is really no gain for a group to actually form up and go to Infected of all places. Dregs are harder and all but it aint that bad guilded players (even new players that just joined) shouldnt go there. A four man group is a threat at this time of the day.

Is the problem that there is nothing to gain on Dregs? Their guild feel hopeless on getting anything so they just hide on Infected? Those would be things ACE can work with.

One idea that has been thrown around here a dozen times already is daily objectives cards. If those 4 players could just get a simple objective on Dregs maybe they wouldnt hide on Infected. Sure your guild cant compete for any of the big prizes, but if you are gonna login might as well try to do X objective and get something out of it. I mean, that wouldnt maginally regrow their balls, but might make them think twice...

Anyway, Infected is really dead. And it has multiple reason for being so. You guys have been getting buckets of feedback, but seem intent on ignoring it. Feels like you guys dont think the retention being this abysmal is a big deal. So well, if YOU guys dont care, I aint gonna care either. Good bye newbies, I tried.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Block still needs a buff, IMO. I would just remove this whole strange black big hits stam cost mechanic. It feels bad to be punished for having good timing.

CC was dialed in so nicely in 6.4. You've butchered balance on CC with the retaliate stamina shutoff. Just let r be hit at any time, at the normal stamina cost.

Edited by McTan
3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

Today I was crushed by 4 guilded players that are apparently getting their rocks off on literally crushing newbs. I SAW them obliterate a random Earth guy. Do you know how rare players from Earth are? Guess if this is the BS they get when they appear it makes sense they are as rare as Unicorns. That felt like watching 4 deliquents kicking a puppy. That is just wrong...

It could be that with few players the wolves are just starving for anything to eat. Any introduction of new prey to the ecosystem is met with a swarm of starving wolves howling after them screaming 'you are my content!'  

Full disclosure: I am a beta access player, I did not pay for a license and I did not pay for VIP or anything. My experience in MMOs begins in Everquest and includes a lot of the big ones: WoW, EQ2, EQLandmark (which led me to looking forward to this game cuz voxelfarm), Rift, even Runescape, etc.

I played a Fae Druid and my buddy played a Goat thing Myrmidon. Fae Druid reminded me of a Demon Hunter / warlock combo from WoW and myrmidon seemed like Berserker from Everquest.

Going into the game, I was looking for the following:

• A game that has MMO progression and an engaging end game pvp. Maybe a cool story while leveling or even all pvp while leveling.
  • A destructible world, or at the very least, I hoped the EK was destructible and immersive for building.

Issues:

• Leveling from 18 to 30 is boring, and the respawn times on the monsters is very long, especially for how spread out they are in infected zone map.
  • Not getting loot when I help kill something. If I spend a full 2 minutes killing something and there is a group also killing that thing, I get no experience and no loot because I'm not "the top contributor" which means f*** me for helping kill something, or f*** me if a group of people show up and kills something faster than me.
  • Figuring out what to do after 20 is rough. There is no help in game that makes me understand this infected zone, and the one guy who answered my question about what to do in chat said "grind to 30, find monsters to kill" which I mentioned earlier is not easy, especially if there is a group farming monsters too and I can't kill any or get credit and the respawn is VERY long. So long in fact, that I'm not sure if it takes longer to run over and try another camp or sit and wait at that camp for respawns.
  • Crafting system is not intuitive, I have no idea how to craft better things. Is this only going to happen with to get better at max level or in a zone besides infected? So far at level 22 I can still only craft basic items.
  • Why is there a stamina system for mining nodes or skinning animals? It seems to be there to needlessly slow me down, and doesn't make me feel engaged in the game. Maybe rocks shouldn’t take so damn long to break.
  • It was not intuitive to spend my stat points. Why am I spending stat points AND talent points? AND there are stats on armor that don't seem that great pre-end game.
  • Inventory is very limited. Are there plans to put gold as a currency and not an inventory slot?
  • Almost all of the armor I got out of chests was common, except for some greens that were plate and I couldn't wear them. Then someone just gave me a green glove he looted.
  • I've read through the wiki and some posts in the forums and I still do not understand the crafting system. I don't get how I can't craft anything except basic items? And I don't know where to get half the stuff some of these food recipes require. There was one time I found a food vendor and they sold stuff but they were so far away from the campfire I had no idea what I should buy.
  • I also tried really hard to understand the EK building system, and figure out how I can build my own houses but again, I got stuck on the crafting system. Should I be building a grinding stone? Why or why not? Literally … how do I build a basic house or wall in my little kingdom? I was really looking forward to that. Either I am an idiot and it is beyond me; I need to get to lvl 30 before I can make anything by going to this Guild vs Guild place to farm mats; or I need to be a VIP to do it, which I am not.
  • Apparently loot chests you get to loot when you take over a point on the map are static loot and first come first serve? So the group of 5 of us had to fight over the resources we obtained as a group. The drops seemed worthless anyway because it was almost all common stone or metal or wood, but that sucked. It didn't promote working together, it made me want to do it solo even though it was not possible to do solo… weird dynamic.
  • The food system. I wasn't able to make anything because I didn’t have the mats, but even still the benefits of the food from the tutorial I was able to make weren't even good enough for me to bother. I just died and I got full food back, seemed good enough.
  • I couldn't mine motherlodes even with 4 people. Guy in chat said you need intermediate skill and someone needs a toolbelt? Another example of a wtf moment that has no explanation in game or on the wiki that I could understand. How this guy figured it out I do not know.

Neutral comments

• I like the idea of being able to use any crafting material for a recipe, but there are a lot of common types and they don't do anything more than fill up my inventory. So I have a knotwood and an oak and a pine but they all do the same thing. It's like flavor text to fill up my inventory for no reason. Why not… common wood? And a pine tree gives more common wood than a knotwood tree. Makes it worthwhile to find other trees without being annoying and useless. And all that just to remake the same f'ing common axe 100 times just to get enough wood to make bandages.
  • I've seen a lot of people mention the fact that you can customize a lot about your characterwith skills and talents, and yes the trees were pretty diverse, but I also couldn't believe that I had to be VIP to respec. Apparently people who didn't pay the monthly fee are ok with the entire leveling process once they get through it the first time and actually understand their class and mistakes a little better? I didn't even get past level 28 but I can't imagine leveling again with the non-existent mobs and the non-existent players spread across what I believe was 10 maps in infected, just to be able to redo stats. That's not engaging. Creating 3 of every class/race combo just to get it right? So, some good some bad, neutral.
  • Time based events. Interesting concept but seeing timers showing me that there's basically nothing to do in the game for the next 1-24 hours. Seeing as there's nothing to do in infected besides those things and grinding mobs, it reminds me that there is nothing to do.
  • The map kind of sucks. It's slow and I can't mark something so I know that I am going the right way. Then you walk into a giant hole and realize you weren't going southwest enough. And then you think, ok I am close right? Well let's load up that slow ass map again.

Good Things

• The graphics are nice, the characters and textures are unique even if they remind me of EQ Landmark which I believe is due to voxelfarm engine. Character models are decent and the animations are alright for a beta. I assume there is more to come.
  • I like the mini game while mining resources where you move your cursor over it and it turns green. Makes a grind less boring. But maybe instead of that, don't make it so tedious in the first place? Smacking a tree only gives me so much joy in life. The more I do it, the more I fall asleep.
  • The very few people I was able to find in the infected world and play with were nice and I had a lot of fun running between points on the map and killing stuff. It wasn't the objectives that were fun, it was the playing with people that I liked even if the tasks we were doing were kind of repetitive and not engaging.

I think what turned me off to the game in the end was the grind to the endgame being really boring and after 3 weeks with approximately 30 hours of gameplay (most of it I admit was texting people in Kingdom chat and trying to understand crafting and EK building) I couldn't get past lvl 28. However the nail in the coffin was when I went to someone else's EK and a player shop was selling vessel upgrades. So I gathered that I am supposed to grind gold to buy or craft these level upgrades? If you read my post, you know that the last thing I am going to be able to do is craft that thing myself. How someone gets one without buying it is beyond me. That was it.

Most ppl I talk to swear that end game is fun, and I am sorry that I couldn't get to that point. I've watched Dilbo's videos to see endgame and try to understand the game better, but as someone who came in knowing el zilcho about the game, I feel lost, confused, and on an island. Also the endgame doesn't look that engaging either based on the videos.

Suggestions:

• If players have to grind on a dead server, increase mob count or increase low lvl mobs exp so you still get xp while being forced to kill things making the 15 minute long run across the 3 worlds to skypoint.
  • Add a teleport to Skypoint from the temple. Logging out for the night and back in the next day to get warped back to the temple is a big middle finger for no reason.
  • Why not just put you at the safe zone temple in skypoint for your faction btw when you log in and you're not considered somewhere safe?
  • Build in a lesson in the EK that actually allows you to get a free starting building so that players can do that, not just text explanations on multiple tomes.
  • The gathering aspect is too slow. Mining rocks, then chopping trees to mine more rocks. It's all slow, and as far as my experience goes it was all worthless as well because I found nothing that I could do with any of the common materials besides the wood to make bandages and more picks.
  • If you are going to have all of these in depth mechanics, lay it out somewhere. Pay someone minimum wage to write out the wiki with examples and information about in depth mechanics. I say that but ideally there would be a better way to explain these things to a filthy casual like me without making me read a wall of text, but that's better than nothing.

I might check back on the game in a few years, assuming it makes it out of beta and survives long enough that someone reminds me of it. I hope for the backers sake it does, but currently it’s not for me.

Thanks!

ChrisGreatest

Harvesting and crafting could be sped up 10 X and it would still be annoying as hell.

We have spent upwards of a week attempting to start necromancy..

Spent 8 plus hours leveling a 2 quarryman( Blue Disciplines

Spent hours 8 leveling two skinners to gather bone for potions

Spent hours motherloading

and with a new necro needing two ambrosia per part....

Still couldn't make a vessel....

You need to turn that dial UP on drop rates for EVERY Rare drop Minerals/ Disciplines ETC ETC

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

I hope the new player posts sprinkled around the forum are getting attention. There's been a lot of good feedback and a lot of common pain points keep coming up. Couple examples:

Spoiler

Just to paraphrase some of it...

• Lot of confusion about how progression works.
  • Lot of confusion about how harvesting works, why harvesting is so slow, and how to make/use advanced tools, etc.
  • Lot of confusion about how crafting works, mixed with frustration that it feels difficult to make any items, and what you can make feels very underpowered.
  • Frustration with the economic and trade systems, especially when trying to craft items that require multiple disciplines.
  • Frustration with the chat and feeling that chat is empty.
  • Several new players expressed frustration by the map/compass and find it difficult to effectively navigate.
  • Consistent theme of feeling that Infected is empty, directionless, and that there's not a lot to do.
  • Difficulty finding PvP in Infected and that PvP in Infected feels pointless.
  • Those that do make it to Dregs pretty consistently describe getting ran over by much better geared and experienced player(s) and feel stuck with no way to advance.
  • Frustration around lack of accessible respec.

Aside: It's pretty clear to any of us that have been here awhile that the game functions best when in a community. But for Joe Gamer coming to Crowfall from other MMOs, there's no real indication or discussion of this in game, and I would venture most other MMOs can be enjoyed for quite awhile solo/unguilded. It's hard enough with the current chat to interact with the community at large, and on top of this there's nothing in game explaining how to join a guild and pushing players to do that.

Edited by Pystkeebler

Balance seem okay on the surface but if you really look at things you will find many things that dont make sense.

Wacky relation between complexity and results:

Alpha can with one button do 4k damage on Area. No build up. No skill.

Yet powers like Reprisal, that require you to risk you HP for better payoff have a laughable 1k damage cap.

image.png

It should be more on par with Wreckoning.

image.png

Funny how even Wreckoning barely competes with Aphas smooth brain Ult spam. And you still have people that say Alpha are okay.

Another stuff is balance between AOE powers and Single target. Not even talking about damage. A prime example is Warp Weapons, single target, meh range, meh debuff, meh uptime:

image.png

And it has to compete with this:

image.png

Better debuff amount, more targets, better range, same uptime. That is just WOW.

I'd suggest making warp weapons passive. Anyone who hits you get the debuff. That or rework it, but it will be hard to compete with AOEs like those.

And this all just for me looking around for a different build. I wasnt even looking for problems.

Well, not like I expect yall to do anything about it. Seems yall all about this ECS thing. Seem completely willing to ignore anything else. Just wanted to post it before I forgot...

I’d recommend some more NPCs for the NPE at the forts in the first couple infected worlds that have the question mark objective as part of the quest. They’d explain to the new players it’s a fort and this is how difficult it is, etc.

Aldo, I think those first world forts should behave like the buildings you can construct in God’s Reach’s Sun tenple town, once interacted with (ie here, kill all the fort guards and cap it for your faction) it demolishes and resets itself.

Focused Feedback on the Fortnite-esque harvesting "weak point" mechanic.  It's a good mechanic but right now it lacks proper feedback in game.  The visual is prolly fine but the audio noise for a successful weak point hit while harvesting is very subtle, it needs alot more punch.  As well I'd increase the damage from 150% to 200%.  You want those weak point hits to look, sound, and FEEL good since it gamifys the harvesting process...making it less tedious at minimal in game economic impact.  Additionally the target should prolly be restricted to being within x distance of where you're aiming or where the last target appeared.  Right now a new weak point target can appear pretty high up on some trees.

(UO, DAOC, WOW, FFXIV player here)

Reached level 10 and at no point in this game was I motivated by  - anything really.

The scraps of story-line cobbled together had no impact on me whatsoever. I get that this is supposed to be a tutorial, but it does nothing to anchor me into this world.

Why am I here?
This is not a living world. It is running between static waypoints that might look like NPCs, but there's nothing relatable there either.

It feels like you took all the basic building blocks of an MMO, put them into a mini starter level to serve all classes and reduce it to the max.

Now, I can put up with a lot of BS if the action is fun. I would rate Crowfall as a solid 6 of 10. There's a little bit of tactics involved with the limited option I have at level 10, but overall it feels good. I feel powerful and in control.

However, everything feels weightless. There's no heft to the fight. It's suffering the same problem MMOs have since the beginning: Animations chained together with no concern for actual hitboxes and/or positioning. Compare that to the feel of a fight in Dark Souls (or Demon's Souls): Your character there has a weight to him/her. The stats directly relate how well you can control combat and if you wield a huge sword, it behaves as a huge sword.

Overall from what I learned until lvl 10: A boring version of WoW. Their starter zones were unique and you actually had a feel that you belonged there, that you were sent out on a journey from your homeland, out to explore and conquer.
In Crowfall I felt like I was being paraded around between huge statues. It might do something for less experienced gamers, it did absolutely nothing for me.

I'm sure there's a lot more to discover and learn. Crafting could be good, but there was zero incentive to craft anything and the little bit of cooking did nothing to help me explore that area.

You might have strengths hidden somewhere. Will try to make it through to 20.

Mini nitpicks:
- If I get a buff, give me a visual indicator that something impactful happened. Didn't perceive those green markers at all.

- swinging the view around while being on a horse is weird. Seems like the turn speed is accelerating

Here is an idea to increase PvP and make the game more interesting

PROBLEM
The current DREG system sucks, basically it is a Guinnie/Swordman rush to the castle/keeps.

PROPOSED SOLUTION
Remove the ability to port in gold to DREGS which should achieve the following:

• Forces guilds to breakdown and farm gold at multiple locations; which basically guarantees PVP at multiple locations.
  • Slows the overall territory conquering and logging off after the initial rush is complete.
  • Removes the current "castle/keep rush - Then I am out till siege" mentality
  • Force big guilds to split to farm at different locations while giving smaller guilds a chance to attack (At least at the beginning)
  • Increases risk vs reward factor of the game. Getting a keep/castle through collective hard work

To avoid exploits Temple vendors should be disabled for at least 24 hours. This is to avoid exporting material to sell vendors.

What do you guys think? Any better ideas out there?

6 minutes ago, WarRath said:

Here is an idea to increase PvP and make the game more interesting

PROBLEM
The current DREG system sucks, basically it is a Guinnie/Swordman rush to the castle/keeps.

PROPOSED SOLUTION
Remove the ability to port in gold to DREGS which should achieve the following:

• Forces guilds to breakdown and farm gold at multiple locations; which basically guarantees PVP at multiple locations.
  • Slows the overall territory conquering and logging off after the initial rush is complete.
  • Removes the current "castle/keep rush - Then I am out till siege" mentality
  • Force big guilds to split to farm at different locations while giving smaller guilds a chance to attack (At least at the beginning)
  • Increases risk vs reward factor of the game. Getting a keep/castle through collective hard work

To avoid exploits Temple vendors should be disabled for at least 24 hours. This is to avoid exporting material to sell vendors.

What do you guys think? Any better ideas out there?

Think they mentioned in the last QnA that imports would be limited to items you can equip only.

aeei5jG.png

On 4/19/2021 at 9:52 AM, BarriaKarl said:

Balance seem okay on the surface but if you really look at things you will find many things that dont make sense.

Wacky relation between complexity and results:

Alpha can with one button do 4k damage on Area. No build up. No skill.

Alphas in the big scheme they are basically damage dealers. They have little (to no cc). They are melee focused, the risk comes from getting coming out alive. 

Rangers can do 1.7K single hit with aimed shot with leftclick/hold only; however, if you manage to close the distance they can die.

Radicals can burn through a lot with unmitigated holy damage with left click only; however, they are middle range and can also be killed.

Want to talk about balance start by talking about: Assassins and Duelist (Those are two classes that need a considerable amount love)

Not to mention that Crushing is one of the highest mitigated damage in the game. Check your details (cloth vendor-trash armor 11% crushing mitigation, mail vendor-trash armor 21% crushing mitigation, plate vendor-trash armor even higher)

4K neckbreaker maybe against a naked character. 2.7K are among the norm. I tell you what. I dare you to stand 30+ meters from Rufio (Grim Reaper with a Bow) and his Ranger build or 20m from TowB (Hammer of Gods) and his Radical.

Edited by WarRath
Expanding explanation
3 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Think they mentioned in the last QnA that imports would be limited to items you can equip only.

Thanks brother. It seems I am behind the curve

The alliance system creates a number of mew problems .

Here is my feedback.

Dregs needs to be Alliance vs Alliance rather than guild vs guild .

Alliances should be their own entity with their own name and shield .

All points scored in the campaign should be added to an alliance total 

Alliance members should be able to work together and capture together .

rewards can be divided by points scored to the alliance guild leaders based on contribution.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995