Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confused about vessels, trees and factions

I am a new player and a bit confused about different aspects of the game.

1. How do I use a vessel?

I understand that a better quality vessel (common instead of poor for example) increases my stats and my level cap. But what does that practically mean? Let's say I reach level 30 with my character. Now what? Do I buy a new vessel and my character gets somehow transferred into the new vessel and keeps all of his skills and equipment or do I have to level up my character from scratch?

2. Where ist this miraculous Exploration Tree?

I am aware that the game is constantly changing but getting useful information is kinda tough because I never know which advice is outdated and which is not. So I hear a lot of talk about a tree (exploration tree?) that is being leveled even when I'm offline and the first thing I should do is to put points into this tree ASAP. Is this still true? I've been looking for this tree but was never able to find it

3. Why am I changing factions?

So... the factions are Earth, Sun and Moon? Is this right? Yesterday I logged in and I was running around with a sun symbol, the day before it was a moon symbol and couple of days before that I am sure I was supporting Earth. Though I've never been able to choose a faction. Is my faction being picked randomly for me before level 30? 

Thanks for your help!

1. Vessels are acquired trough players that are necromancers, once you reach level 30 you can buy a white vessel off the vendor in the underground starting area by the portals, you cant go from poor to legendary you have to get a white, then a green a blue and so on, you must reach the maximum level cap of these vessels to put on a new one, you dont have to start a character from scratch to put on a new vessel just as long as you have the level requirement

2. You are talking about a skill tree, they removed that a couple patches ago, they replaced that with disciplines, in order to get exploration discilpines you can go to the exploration discipline vendor at the bank area of the temple, these are only white (or common) so in order to upgrade you must gather 4+ rank nodes with an intermediate spirit tool (consult your nearest runecrafter since im not much experienced in gathering)

and 3. In god's reach everyone is earth no matter what, In infected you are put into earth if you dont have a guild if you are in a guild it will simply put you in the corresponding faction you guild is in, if you wish to switch faction you can go to the tree of life in the temple located left next to the portals there will be three banners for each faction and you must wait 1 hour in temple before switching into another faction

Edited by Thorns

Thorns Of UxA
Kicking Crow's Butt since 11 years old

Tester since 3.0

You sure CAN choose your faction. Go to the Tree of Life room in the temple. look over at the tents, in one tent you will see 3 faction banners, click the one you want to join.

Vessels: Your character starts out in a gray vessel, after you reach level 30 you can equip a white vessel, with better stats. Then you are allowed to continue leveling, via XP or sacrifice to the gods. Once you reach level 31, you are allowed to equip a green vessel, etc.

You can craft your vessels with a necro crafter or buy them from another necro. A good source of vessels are in the Trader Eternals Kingdoms.

Once you have a vessel in your inventory you 'upgrade' to it by clicking on it. Your prior vessel goes poof. You can only equip vessels of the same race as your current character.

macdeath_sig.png

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

1. Vessels are acquired trough players that are necromancers, once you reach level 30 you can buy a white vessel off the vendor in the underground starting area by the portals, you cant go from poor to legendary you have to get a white, then a green a blue and so on, you must reach the maximum level cap of these vessels to put on a new one, you dont have to start a character from scratch to put on a new vessel just as long as you have the level requirement

2. You are talking about a skill tree, they removed that a couple patches ago, they replaced that with disciplines, in order to get exploration discilpines you can go to the exploration discipline vendor at the bank area of the temple, these are only white (or common) so in order to upgrade you must gather 4+ rank nodes with an intermediate spirit tool (consult your nearest runecrafter since im not much experienced in gathering)

and 3. In god's reach everyone is earth no matter what, In infected you are put into earth if you dont have a guild if you are in a guild it will simply put you in the corresponding faction you guild is in, if you wish to switch faction you can go to the tree of life in the temple located left next to the portals there will be three banners for each faction and you must wait 1 hour in temple before switching into another faction

Actually ANY node and an intermediate tool will do, as long as you are in infected.  The right course of action is hit a few nodes till your first rune pops out, go back to the temple, destroy the white and equip the green.

That will about double your productivity on the nodes.

If you want to have effective intermediate tools, equip a runecrafter disc on one of your vessels, assuming you have more than one or don't mind using a slot on your first out in the world character and use it to craft them. 

All vessels can craft intermediate, but without the rune you get two experimentation pips vs IIRC 10 or so with a white rune equipped which translates into a difference of about +10 on the primary harvesting stat. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken