Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to change talents etc without vip ?


Recommended Posts

VIP is currently the only way to respec an existing character.  It's the developers' opinion that it's only a convenience feature, since a new character can be fully leveled to 30 in less than two hours. 

I agree that respec should be free for VIP and non-VIP alike while the game is still in beta.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not opposed to free respecs during beta, BUT... On the test server you can level a character to 30 in less than 5 minutes (using the free leveling dust found in chests in the temples). So, you can experiment with different specs, Discs, etc there.

macdeath_sig.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why respecs wouldn't be used as a gold sink. Seems like a pretty easy way to remove gold from the world. Might be able to get a new char to 30, but it's gonna suck when they take the nerfbat to your 35 alpha warrior. Maybe I'm missing something here...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Respeccing is not just a convenience feature. Also tweaking your character as you progress especially from 31-35, when you get more experience in pvp, is super common.
Leveling up might not take too long but its scaring away lots of new players, because they dont know how to lv fast.

Also its easy to implement respeccing for gold or any other ressource, since the logic for it is already there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kekzmann said:

Respeccing is not just a convenience feature. Also tweaking your character as you progress especially from 31-35, when you get more experience in pvp, is super common.
Leveling up might not take too long but its scaring away lots of new players, because they dont know how to lv fast.

Also its easy to implement respeccing for gold or any other ressource, since the logic for it is already there.

 

New players won't get 31+ vessels without a guild helping them most likely, and then the guild should be helping them power level.

I've leveled vessels like 500 times across my 11 accounts. And I've never felt that respeccing mid-leveling process helped me do it faster.

The value of respeccing is certainly there for people who don't know how the mechanics work, or when ACE heavily modifies stuff. no doubt

The fasted way to level is to join a guild and have them power level you. Takes 30 minutes. 

On your second or third vessel? Go farm sacrifice items with an already leveled character and then just transfer the stuff through your account bank to the new vessel, takes 5 minutes then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also leveled 10 vessels, but i also respecced each vessel at least 5-10 times. I am a new player that played for like 1 week and i just went out and bought a 31 vessel.
Not part of any big guild. Just bc you dont have a problem with leveling dozens of characters it doesnt mean everyone is like that.
Especially more casual players will get scared off by stuff like that.
And i also dont want to lv up a new character just to test out some different stats or different domains, since its hard to figure out what suits your playstyle when you never encountered pvp before. I bought VIP just for respeccing and there is a good chance i would have just left the game instantly if there was no way of doing it, since i love to experiment.

Also it's not that easy to even find a guild, bc the ingame chat is hella bad(but thats another topic).


The point i wanted to make is: It's simply not fun to have to create a new character each time you selected a skill you don't like in the end. Especially when it's you first character.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Kekzmann said:

I also leveled 10 vessels, but i also respecced each vessel at least 5-10 times. I am a new player that played for like 1 week and i just went out and bought a 31 vessel.
Not part of any big guild. Just bc you dont have a problem with leveling dozens of characters it doesnt mean everyone is like that.
Especially more casual players will get scared off by stuff like that.
And i also dont want to lv up a new character just to test out some different stats or different domains, since its hard to figure out what suits your playstyle when you never encountered pvp before. I bought VIP just for respeccing and there is a good chance i would have just left the game instantly if there was no way of doing it, since i love to experiment.

Also it's not that easy to even find a guild, bc the ingame chat is hella bad(but thats another topic).


The point i wanted to make is: It's simply not fun to have to create a new character each time you selected a skill you don't like in the end. Especially when it's you first character.

If you like to experiment, maybe try it on the Test server? There you can get any resource, including Discs, for free and you can level up a new character in less than 5 minutes by sacrificing leveling dust which is free in the crates in the temple.

macdeath_sig.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kekzmann said:


The point i wanted to make is: It's simply not fun to have to create a new character each time you selected a skill you don't like in the end. Especially when it's you first character.

 

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you completely!

I hate having to level every new character. :D

But working with the system, that stuff I mentioned is the fastest route.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is such a major QoL issue that turns off a lot of people.

Can you level a new character in an hour or two? Yes. But this gets really tedious, real fast. There are, what, 33 promotions and 3 domain options for each promotion? There also aren't infinite character slots, so you quickly run into the scenario where you have to delete characters to try something new. That feels really bad. That feels like wasted time. It frustrates players and drives them away from the game.

Can you experiment on Test? Kind of. I can hit training dummies, but I can't really get a feel for how it plays in actual fights. Also, once the game goes live, most people will never look at the test server ever again.

Is it going to suck when your favorite spec gets nerfed out of the meta? Absolutely.

What about the argument that people shouldn't be able to respec willy-nilly to flavor-of-the-month specs? Well you've already allowed VIP to do that, so that seems done and over with.

People hate cash grabs that feel like they exploit the player base. Free respec for VIP and no other option? This feels like exploiting your player base. Give it a reasonable gold cost, use it as a gold sink, and make everyone's life better. Quit trying to monetize the player base at the expensive of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pystkeebler said:

 Quit trying to monetize the player base at the expensive of the game.

Where are they going to make money? Seriously, currently there is very little monetization in this game. 

Players can now goto hungerdome and try out 18 different combinations without leveling. 

Edited by mystafyi
Link to post
Share on other sites

Respect should be free for everyone during beta imo

however when game comes out i think VIP should keep there free respect however add a cartable items probaly from runemaking  or alchemy (respect ruin) that cost gold and some resources to craft could scale it based on vessel quality or have flat cost.

Grey vessel 5k
White 10k
green 15k
Blue 20k
Purple 25k
Orange 30k

Colour of respect rune would be determined via item from a vendor so u can control the cost, having it scale like that allows it cheaper from players early on who are experimenting cheaper but more expensive to respec as u play incase ur build get nerfed in random patch :P

If you make it a flat cost i think 15-20k would be good number as a gold sink for it.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, veeshan said:

If you make it a flat cost i think 15-20k would be good number as a gold sink for it.

thats basicaly free, because when you farm a little on dregs, you will quickly get one or more gold stack ...

Edited by Aedius
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Where are they going to make money? Seriously, currently there is very little monetization in this game. 

Players can now goto hungerdome and try out 18 different combinations without leveling. 

There are so many better ways to convince people to buy VIP than this. Literally every other still running MMO has figured it out; bank space, larger more featured player housing (EKs), skins, mounts, more character slots (which they're doing), etc. Locking respec behind VIP is just another way in which the game is frustrating and tedious without reason, and it continues to turn away players. To monetize your playerbase you need to HAVE a playerbase.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always though that respec should be for all, while in the default grey vessel, then once you put on a "real" vessel,  VIP. 

I always also thought that every time you equip a new vessel, you be given the option to respec. 

VIP is not much, and currently the respec seems to be one of the more valuable things it offers, without really changing the power dynamics. 

ACE does have to make money somewhere. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having it cost ~20k gold to respec without VIP does not significantly depreciate the value of VIP. It's primarily providing convenience which is what it should be doing. If it saves 2 hours of unhindered farming in Dregs, it is still valuable. The 'good' done by having an available respec for non-VIP members is well worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

VIP is not much, and currently the respec seems to be one of the more valuable things it offers, without really changing the power dynamics. 

ACE does have to make money somewhere. 

Agree - we have asked for VIP to be something worth the money without being p2w, and respec is a huge convenience. Storage is the other thing I would pay for, but if you aren't into harvesting/crafting you might not care about that as much.

tiPrpwh.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

back in the day when they announced the change on the vessel, they said in the Q&A that changing the vessel will allow a free respect.

Would be a good solution, if you have an epic vessel, it would cost more to buy a new one and will increase the economy for necromancy on the long term.

i dont know if it's just delayed or canceled

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...