Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to replace weapons for FG?

Rudedawg

Hi all,

New player here - I leveled up my FG to 30 and his weapons are almost breaking.

I have crafted some beginner FG weapons - but they are no where near as good as the weapons I rec'd from doing my starter level quests / zones.

So, I went to the starter area and although the npc's sell most weapons they do not sell replacement weapons for the FG.

Any idea where I can get / buy / craft replacement weapons for my lvl 30 FG?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Rudedawg said:

Hi all,

New player here - I leveled up my FG to 30 and his weapons are almost breaking.

I have crafted some beginner FG weapons - but they are no where near as good as the weapons I rec'd from doing my starter level quests / zones.

So, I went to the starter area and although the npc's sell most weapons they do not sell replacement weapons for the FG.

Any idea where I can get / buy / craft replacement weapons for my lvl 30 FG?

Thanks!

your best be is you farm gold and look in peoples eternal kingdoms for frostcasters. ideally you want a crafted one for your mainhand and a wartribe one in offhand. because you can get stats on wartribe weapons that you cant on crafted ones. and on most dual wielding  only your mainhand damage matters

1 hour ago, yianni said:

your best be is you farm gold and look in peoples eternal kingdoms for frostcasters. ideally you want a crafted one for your mainhand and a wartribe one in offhand. because you can get stats on wartribe weapons that you cant on crafted ones. and on most dual wielding  only your mainhand damage matters

While this is pretty decent advice for later game when you have gold to spend, the fastest way to get replacement gear is to find a WT or village and farm the monsters in it.

If you want weapons, start with the camps right outside the gates in infected that have tents and weapons chests. 

If you want armor, hit the villages and find the bookcases, drawers, etc in the buildings. 

For some reason frostcasters and books seem to be more rare than other weapons, so you may need to do a couple of passes through the camps to find any. 

On 4/18/2021 at 6:33 PM, Rudedawg said:

This oversight was mentioned to ACE, hopefully they fix it soon.

The sun temple in GR (the place where you learn about pack pigs and building materials) has low level white Frostcasters if you need them; but as above - my advice would be to go to higher level infected camps and fight humanoid mobs till you find a replacement.

In general, once you're we established - you can farm them up well in advance of them breaking.  That being said, I usually keep 3-4 spares of weapons just in case you hit a dry patch.