Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Combat - Not too many skills but also not too few, so I liked that.  Enjoyed the combos and the interwoven skills..  It's not really possible to tell what your opponent is doing until he already did it so you kind of spam at each other. I think that could be improved.  Especially in pvp its impossible to tell what is going on.  I feel like you could double damage and slow attacks down and this would make it less spammy. That would provide more room for intelligent application of abilities instead of just trying to spam your rotation.

Crafting - Amazing. Honestly, so good.  The toolkits and belts, the rune upgrading, the harvesting abilities.  The customization of stats on gear.   My only complaint is that drops are much easier to get than gear, and you can't make jack poorly made dergs until you are farming rare mats in dregs.  Which means you need to be a very senior gatherer long before its worthwhile to craft anything.  Oh, and the massive gold sink required to craft, but gold only being generated from NPC spawns is kind of lame.   Because you are trying to craft gear, but you can't until you farm, but you can't farm without gear.

PvP-  I actually really enjoyed the small skirmishes when I was in Infected, but it Dregs I got destroyed (I play Knight - Secutor).  With no ability to respec, and heavily invested into shields, I found that i could literally not damage anyone anymore.  Their healthbar stayed full while mine dropped.  I couldn't see a good reason to block.  It uses my stamina, i still take some damage, and im not dealing any damage back.  Outside of waiting for a healer to heal me back to full I can't see when it would be useful.  My DPS was garbage and it was obvious that healing and life steal work way better than armor in this game.  It takes a long time to kill a knight in plate, but I can't see where this role is not better filled by a higher DPS and some healing.

World -  Even with the tiny number of beta players, that map is tiny.  Especially when you have one or two places to farm gold on the whole map, it's an endless gank fest.  This might have been more enjoyable if I was actually winning any fights, but it felt like there wasn't really any point trying to farm in Dregs because the threat was just too damn high. You'd need to have an army with you at all times to actually get to be able to take your loot home.   That's another thing. I love guild battles and stuff, but if I want to farm ore or make some gold, I really don't have time to wait for a bunch of escorts.  Obviously the highest quality loot ought to be in contested areas, but there was literally no where to go in the campaign to farm safely, even at reduced yields.

Documentation - It was clear a lot of effort was put into getting a new player started, and that's great, but then it stopped. I could NOT find out how to use advanced runestone tools.  It wasn't listed anywhere, it was just a big mystery that nobody in chat seemed to know.  How do you get trait XYZ?  What crafting station makes component X?  That's another thing. I hated having a bunch of basic recipes be available on every crafting table. It just made it hard to find what I was looking for. 

But my biggest complaint overall was the "stuck" nature of my situation.  I can't respec, I can't farm anywhere in the campaign to get better gear, I can't win a fight, the other campaigns don't drop the materials necessary to get better gear, so the only choice is to log off.  You don't want your players doing that. 

Thanks!

Edited by Ahhmyface
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ahhmyface said:

Combat - Not too many skills but also not too few, so I liked that.  Enjoyed the combos and the interwoven skills..  It's not really possible to tell what your opponent is doing until he already did it so you kind of spam at each other. I think that could be improved.  Especially in pvp its impossible to tell what is going on.  I feel like you could double damage and slow attacks down and this would make it less spammy. That would provide more room for intelligent application of abilities instead of just trying to spam your rotation.

Crafting - Amazing. Honestly, so good.  The toolkits and belts, the rune upgrading, the harvesting abilities.  The customization of stats on gear.   My only complaint is that drops are much easier to get than gear, and you can't make jack poorly made dergs until you are farming rare mats in dregs.  Which means you need to be a very senior gatherer long before its worthwhile to craft anything.  Oh, and the massive gold sink required to craft, but gold only being generated from NPC spawns is kind of lame.   Because you are trying to craft gear, but you can't until you farm, but you can't farm without gear.

PvP-  I actually really enjoyed the small skirmishes when I was in Infected, but it Dregs I got destroyed (I play Knight - Secutor).  With no ability to respec, and heavily invested into shields, I found that i could literally not damage anyone anymore.  Their healthbar stayed full while mine dropped.  I couldn't see a good reason to block.  It uses my stamina, i still take some damage, and im not dealing any damage back.  Outside of waiting for a healer to heal me back to full I can't see when it would be useful.  My DPS was garbage and it was obvious that healing and life steal work way better than armor in this game.  It takes a long time to kill a knight in plate, but I can't see where this role is not better filled by a higher DPS and some healing.

World -  Even with the tiny number of beta players, that map is tiny.  Especially when you have one or two places to farm gold on the whole map, it's an endless gank fest.  This might have been more enjoyable if I was actually winning any fights, but it felt like there wasn't really any point trying to farm in Dregs because the threat was just too damn high. You'd need to have an army with you at all times to actually get to be able to take your loot home.   That's another thing. I love guild battles and stuff, but if I want to farm ore or make some gold, I really don't have time to wait for a bunch of escorts.  Obviously the highest quality loot ought to be in contested areas, but there was literally no where to go in the campaign to farm safely, even at reduced yields.

Documentation - It was clear a lot of effort was put into getting a new player started, and that's great, but then it stopped. I could NOT find out how to use advanced runestone tools.  It wasn't listed anywhere, it was just a big mystery that nobody in chat seemed to know.  How do you get trait XYZ?  What crafting station makes component X?  That's another thing. I hated having a bunch of basic recipes be available on every crafting table. It just made it hard to find what I was looking for. 

But my biggest complaint overall was the "stuck" nature of my situation.  I can't respec, I can't farm anywhere in the campaign to get better gear, I can't win a fight, the other campaigns don't drop the materials necessary to get better gear, so the only choice is to log off.  You don't want your players doing that. 

Thanks!

Now that you have a basic understanding of the game, would you be willing to create a new character that can be effective in PvP? It only takes a couple of hours if you do it solo, and a few minutes if you group with guildmates.

macdeath_sig.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Now that you have a basic understanding of the game, would you be willing to create a new character that can be effective in PvP? It only takes a couple of hours if you do it solo, and a few minutes if you group with guildmates.

There's really no reason that respec shouldn't be available to everyone for some reasonable gold cost, especially since it already exists and is free for VIP. Can you just re-roll a 30 in a couple of hours? Sure. But asking players to do that is a bigger ask than I think people realize. You're asking players to abandon a character they chose and liked enough to level to 30. You're asking them to repeat the exact same grind they just went through. It's a non-negligible cost, and to many people asking them to just give up on a character they invested time into (even if it is only a couple of hours) is enough to leave a bad taste in their mouth. This is a consistent frustration that is hit on time and time again in new player posts. Enough already, just fix it. Give everyone 1 free respec, and let people respec for a reasonable fee even if it gets more expensive for 31+.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pystkeebler said:

There's really no reason that respec shouldn't be available to everyone for some reasonable gold cost

The reason is that Todd said everything is fine when asked about this, just one in a long line of bad decisions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...