Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there a Campaign Schedule? Can infected be improved?

Is there a schedule for when the new dregs campaigns launch? I found this page https://crowfall.com/en-US/Campaigns , but it hasn't been updated since last campaign.

I have no interest in hunger dome and as a new player I've already progressed in a week to the point where infected seems like a waste of time (Multiple epic level gatherers, making my own advanced tools, 5 characters 30+).  Max R6 gathering nodes and low gold amounts from slower spawning mobs just don't seem worth the effort.  The little pvp I've encountered in infected is alright practice, but seems a little pointless and feels like a waste of gear durability.  

Perhaps I'm missing it somewhere, but any chance we could get a campaign schedule update? Also, what's the reasoning for not always having a dregs campaign up?   It feels like there's nothing to do in the base game right now without it.

If there isn't always a dregs campaign, could infected be made more worthwhile?  Perhaps in-between campaigns there is a zone that opens up past sky point with higher ranking materials/mobs and possibly follows the campaign dropped-inventory rules as a result? I am under the impression that infected is a sort of "beginner pvp zone",  so perhaps there could even be a separate infected server that you need to be lvl25+ to join that uses the campaign pvp rules, has more faction-overlapping zones and better gathering nodes/war camp loot?

Perhaps infected could have daily/bi-daily cards like those in the dregs?  I honestly had no idea how the cards worked or that they even existed after my first 2 campaigns, so this could also be a good way to introduce them more blatantly while encouraging more pvp in sky point.

Also, having to run across 2 zones from the temple to sky point each time to experience lackluster content is pretty rough.  Is there a reason we can't have a gate from the temple that drops us in sky point?

At this point I'm leaning towards shelving the game until the next campaign, which I've heard has been up to weeks or longer between campaigns in the past.  It's heartbreaking to consider and I hope those upper bounds aren't the case currently as I've been enjoying the game to the point that I even snagged a backer bundle after the first week.

Agree with this.

Promoting a game as an MMO which has next to zero pve content and is largely focussed on MOBA style mechanics is one thing.  Wrapping the whole thing in an NPE that looks and feels like an MMO is stretching the friendship.  Closing down the high end content to encourage people into a BR is, well, you know, let's say there will be some disappointed folks.

2 hours ago, Alejandro_James_Renaldo_Moon said:

If there isn't always a dregs campaign, could infected be made more worthwhile?

Definitely agree, Infected could be improved. Some changes already coming with 6.52 on TEST, including runegate directly to Skypoint and a new map design for Skypoint so I'm looking forward to testing those out!

tiPrpwh.png

14 hours ago, Xbenedict said:

Agree with this.

Promoting a game as an MMO which has next to zero pve content and is largely focussed on MOBA style mechanics is one thing.  Wrapping the whole thing in an NPE that looks and feels like an MMO is stretching the friendship.  Closing down the high end content to encourage people into a BR is, well, you know, let's say there will be some disappointed folks.

So right on all accounts