Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vVe

What Knight Promotional Class Are You Going?

Sooo, did we get any clarification on this?

HOW DOES CHARACTER PROGRESSION WORK?

Character progression happens in a few different ways.

At character creation, the player selects an Archetype, and a series of Advantages and Disadvantages.

This is done on a point system; each character (or avatar) has a set number of points that can be spent to improve the character. Additional points can be gained by taking Disadvantages. There is a limit to the number of Advantage and Disadvantage runes that can be added to each character.

After creating the character and advancing your base skills to a level of competency through gameplay, each Archetype has the option to promote to another Class or occupation. We are planning for multiple promotion classes for each base Archetype.

:D The promotion classes enable the player to skew their character in a specific direction. Want to be a Knight who does more damage? Promote to Swordsman! Want to be a Knight who has even more defensive skills? Promote to Crusader! Want to be a Knight who has a ranged weapon and skills? Promote to Sentinel!

I think greatswords are going to be the realm of Templars, honestly. Doubt we're getting them. That being said though, Sentinel for me if I do roll a Knight.

I am very interested in the crusader. I am also hoping for a two handed sword.

I think greatswords are going to be the realm of Templars, honestly. Doubt we're getting them. That being said though, Sentinel for me if I do roll a Knight.

don't let your temper get to you, if you do your research <_< , like i did :D we will be able to wielded 2hand weapons but we will see when the game is done

Edited by GeistBaoh

Thing is my preference has always been heavy melee for PvP.  I love wading into the thick of it.

Now with this game and choices actually has me a bit worried.  With the stated intent of building a good class and building a bad class I am stressed on how permanent your choices are.  I have no issue if there is a large amount of work, but I hope I can rebuild to a better build...  and I am not talking about the perfect flavor of the month, I just want a good build.

This stress is because I prefer the hybrid tank/melee.  In SWtOR I rocked the guardian and in Hutt Ball I would go tank and in anything else I would AOE DPS for massive damage.  So the questions I have are how much is permanent and how much may be switched?  Do I need to be tank *or* DPS, or may I build a good hybrid?

These are rhetorical questions at this point but I put them here if any more knowledgeable folks out there can share wisdom or point me in a good direction I would be very appreciative... /bow.

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

I thought Crusader and Swordsman were the other way around...

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54e9501e93fc8d634e4d690c - Want to be a Knight who does more damage? Promote to Swordsman! Want to be a Knight who has even more defensive skills? Promote to Crusader! Want to be a Knight who has a ranged weapon and skills? Promote to Sentinel!

Tbh, kinda bummed that they don't have a promotion to simply continue the way you are with your knight. What if I don't want to be any of the promotions and I like being a Knight? What's wrong with having a balanced approach to things? I understand that these "balanced" or "hybrid" stat distribution classes tend to be underpowered in most games, but still, having the option would be nice and coherent.

Edited by RKNM

don't let your temper get to you, if you do your research <_< , like i did :D we will be able to wielded 2hand weapons but we will see when the game is done

They have mentioned that we will be able to equip different weapons onto arhcetypes beyond what is currently portrayed, with all the Archetypes having access to different thematic weapon sets. For example, the Warrior has been portrayed with a Bow, as has the Frostweaver. 

- No, the weapon choices are not locked to the archetype.  If you pick up a sword, and you have the pre-reqs, you can use it.  Want to use a bow?  Equip that, instead.  A few weapons are specific to particular base or promotion class (like the Icecleaver, above) but that's the exception, not the norm.

Todd

ACE

I supremely wish they would talk about weapons the way they discussed armor. Would clear so many things up for me (I want to be a mad axe wielding Druid...is that too much to ask?!)

Tbh, kinda bummed that they don't have a promotion to simply continue the way you are with your knight. What if I don't want to be any of the promotions and I like being a Knight? What's wrong with having a balanced approach to things? I understand that these "balanced" or "hybrid" stat distribution classes tend to be underpowered in most games, but still, having the option would be nice and coherent.

You still have all of the Knight's capabilities regardless of which promotion you choose; the promotion just adds some additional potential power to one area or another.

If you don't feel a need to increase your melee power or your defenses from what the baseline Knight has, then you can choose Sentinel which adds new capabilities; that's your "diversify" choice where the other two are more "specialize".

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully