Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archmage - the class with no weaknesses

Just now, Makuza said:

I dont know..you still didnt play that class, stick to brainless stuff ala Alphawarrior and stuff got explained to you very well a few posts above..I guess you should end it here my friend

When you dodge the substance of my speech and attack me for being bad you just prove my point. Indeed I am a subpar player. Not sure what that has to do with my notes above. Surely if I was that wildly inaccurate you could just point that out.

Just now, Wilbur said:

Yumx gave you a rebuttal and you went "No u"

He did, the only one of you who did. I rebutted his notes and he left. That post was most definitely not a "No u" post. Either you didn't read it or didn't understand it.

I saw you rebutting with a buttload of conjecture and a complete lack of experience of playing the class.  Give it a try if its so OP, you'll win ez.  Or maybe you are just full of crap?

Put a good player on any decent DPS class and they'll do some amazing things. 

Fanatic, Titan, Arch Mage, Alpha, etc. 

Arch mages are squishy and lack the escape of say a fanatic but have better aoe dmg. Seem fine to me.

The only class that seems to have maybe one too many tools in their toolkit is the Warden atm. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Put a good player on any decent DPS class and they'll do some amazing things. 

Fanatic, Titan, Arch Mage, Alpha, etc. 

Arch mages are squishy and lack the escape of say a fanatic but have better aoe dmg. Seem fine to me.

The only class that seems to have maybe one too many tools in their toolkit is the Warden atm. 

Whatabout Warden... sigh.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I saw you rebutting with a buttload of conjecture and a complete lack of experience of playing the class.  Give it a try if its so OP, you'll win ez.  Or maybe you are just full of crap?

Please be specific. Where in my post is the conjecture/inexperience. I am playing when my team needs me to play which atm is alpha trust me I'm not thrilled about it either. I'm more of a titan player myself.

Edited by Balathan

8 minutes ago, Balathan said:

When you dodge the substance of my speech and attack me for being bad you just prove my point

This flat earther mentality is killing me. you won. I will even give you a like for your superiority :)

Just now, Makuza said:

This flat earther mentality is killing me. you won. I will even give you a like for your superiority :)

When they debunk flat earthers im pretty sure they show some evidence. You know like pictures and video and stuff. Maybe a strongly worded essay? I think we skipped that part here and instead just said gitgud. Can we go back to that other part? If you can show/tell me where and how I am wrong I will gladly concede.

50 minutes ago, Balathan said:

All right, thanks for playing. If I am wrong, and you seem to think I am, I would think you of all people could articulate why. Maybe post some video where you break down your play or something. I guess discussion is frowned upon in this game. No wonder nothing ever gets changed.

He did articulate why he thought you were wrong, you've just dismissed it. Is it only a discussion when everybody agrees with you?

15 minutes ago, Balathan said:

Whatabout Warden... sigh.

Yeah I'd say Warden has one too many things. Great Damage, sustain, some mobility, some range, great CC, great debuffs. 

Compared to the arch mage the warden is stronger. Arch mage has more damage (mainly single target burst that warden doesn't have) but lacks sustain, crowd control, mobility and CC all of which the Warden has. 

That's my take anyways. Everyone has their opinions. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

10 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

He did articulate why he thought you were wrong, you've just dismissed it. Is it only a discussion when everybody agrees with you?

Its not and I did not. I disagreed and gave counter arguments. That's how discussions work. I say something, someone disagrees and counters then I review and counter. Dismissive would have been if I just said get good. Like many of the people on this thread have. I know this is the internet but you all have had a debate before right? In real life when someone counters your opinion you are indeed allowed to give a counter to their counter. I understand were all on Yumx's nuts here. But were getting a bit off track. He countered and I countered his counter. If any of you would like to tell me where in my counter I am incorrect I am glad to discuss. At no point did I call anyone out with this thread, V decided to insert names here. This is not personal this is a thread about a class. I'm not sure why people take this so personally.

10 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Yeah I'd say Warden has one too many things. Great Damage, sustain, some mobility, some range, great CC, great debuffs. 

Compared to the arch mage the warden is stronger. Arch mage has more damage (mainly single target burst that warden doesn't have) but lacks sustain, crowd control, mobility and CC all of which the Warden has. 

That's my take anyways. Everyone has their opinions. 

Indeed we are entitled to them. Archmage lacking CC is an interesting take but at least you didn't just ell me to get good.

20 minutes ago, Balathan said:

Indeed we are entitled to them. Archmage lacking CC is an interesting take but at least you didn't just ell me to get good.

Slows are nice but aoe stun traps every 4 seconds are better. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Don't get one class nerfed because one person plays it well. You know good and well the other people we've seen playing it are not on that level.

I think the bigger issue here is that they did this cc and retaliate change and didn't balance any classes for it. All of the classes need a retouch with the retaliate changes, hard cc needs to be removed from non cc classes, and non cc classes should have no more than one or two non hard cc abilities. It's not fun when 50% of the fight is spent on your back. So I can see why it's frustrating that a kite class can spit out multiple ice bombs that root and knock down.

57 minutes ago, Balathan said:

Its not and I did not. I disagreed and gave counter arguments. That's how discussions work. I say something, someone disagrees and counters then I review and counter. Dismissive would have been if I just said get good. Like many of the people on this thread have. I know this is the internet but you all have had a debate before right? In real life when someone counters your opinion you are indeed allowed to give a counter to their counter. I understand were all on Yumx's nuts here. But were getting a bit off track. He countered and I countered his counter. If any of you would like to tell me where in my counter I am incorrect I am glad to discuss. At no point did I call anyone out with this thread, V decided to insert names here. This is not personal this is a thread about a class. I'm not sure why people take this so personally.

I personally don't equate "discussions" with "debates", but that is probably a bit pedantic. If this was a discussion I'd expect there to be more questions proffered.  Seems more like a debate where you're demanding to be proven wrong. 

Also, Personally I don't give a poorly made dergs either what happens to archmage. In my experience playing with, observing, and listening to Yumx, he seems like a very intelligent, generous, and a reasonable guy. If he is not interested in "debating" you, it might be a worthy call for introspection on this approach.

Anyway, pls ignore I have not much of value to contribute here, obviously, lol

1 minute ago, DocHollidaze said:

I personally don't equate "discussions" with "debates", but that is probably a bit pedantic. If this was a discussion I'd expect there to be more questions proffered.  Seems more like a debate where you're demanding to be proven wrong. 

Also, Personally I don't give a poorly made dergs either what happens to archmage. In my experience playing with, observing, and listening to Yumx, he seems like a very intelligent, generous, and a reasonable guy. If he is not interested in "debating" you, it might be a worthy call for introspection on this approach.

Anyway, pls ignore I have not much of value to contribute here, obviously, lol

From the company I see him keep his unwillingness to debate the class he uses does not surprise me. I never said he was unintelligent or personally attacked him in any way. His company is unquestioningly a reflection on him however. They leave much to be desired.

10 minutes ago, Staff said:

Player AM for a few rounds, it isnt Op 

Since you did not even attempt to kite me when we killed you this conclusion does not surprise me.

3 minutes ago, Balathan said:

From the company I see him keep his unwillingness to debate the class he uses does not surprise me. I never said he was unintelligent or personally attacked him in any way. His company is unquestioningly a reflection on him however. They leave much to be desired.

Since you did not even attempt to kite me when we killed you this conclusion does not surprise me.

Perhaps youre just wrong, you can try am tho and prove us all wrong

hoayaga2.jpg

You have no idea how good AM used to be. Before DS nerf and then before mana shield nerf. Oh and before chaos orb crit nerf. It's in a good spot now, it's gotten nerfed too many times. I have plenty of videos of me playing it pre nerfs. 

Now they're paper. Yeah they do lots of DPS, but they go down quick. Mana shield is a whole 1K barrier maybe littler more.

Been playing it since Day 1. 

Funny thing is I used chaos orb for months. It was underrated until 15 of us blew up 30+ in a fort fight with chaos orb. Plus dropping it in choke points in defensive sieges. 

Edited by yianni