Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We need an auction house

An auction house would boost the economy greatly, create a new dynamism allowing starting players to access items they otherwise wouldn't be able to get. An auction house is also transparent, it regulates prices and creates an equal playing field for all sellers and buyers.

I know we have EK's that are supposed to be marketplaces with vendors but this way of buying /selling doesn't contribute to the economy as an auction house would. In fact the current closed system is detrimental to the game as a whole.

How are starting players supposed to know which EK sells what? How can they compare prices fast? The current system is made for the veterans (who knows who and who knows where) and gives those players a huge advantage. We need an open economy.

clearly the economy need a boost and really need to be easier to find for new player. 

the easiest way for that is an auction house, even if i love the EK idea with vendors, unfortunatly it doesnt work specially cause we can let them open all the time.  

Agree that the economy is too difficult to interact with currently. Even if the EK system can get on its feet, it's still cumbersome, painful to search, and not really inclusive in actuality.

I think there are alternatives to a full auction house that don't abandon the vendor system entirely. One would be a persistent, non-player-owned world that is up 100% of the time and allows player vendors. Basically the free-city on steroids. This would probably need to be paired with the addition of a market building that allows you to search vendors within a single EK/world. In effect this is like creating an auction house, but using the existing infrastructure instead of scrapping it. Putting taxes on sales could still encourage player-driven markets, but would also allow a localized, low barrier to entry space for trade to happen. Such a space also has the benefit of providing a place to advertise player-driven markets.

Spoiler

On 4/25/2021 at 5:52 PM, royo said:

i love the EK idea with vendors, unfortunatly it doesnt work specially cause we can let them open all the time.  

They need to fix quality of life issue with EKs like uptime and searching/sorting first.  EKs are a great concept and have so much future potential, killing it by adding an Auction House seems shortsighted to me.

tiPrpwh.png

13 hours ago, miraluna said:

They need to fix quality of life issue with EKs like uptime and searching/sorting first.  EKs are a great concept and have so much future potential, killing it by adding an Auction House seems shortsighted to me.

Like i said i love the concept but launch a game with the current system (ek overhaul is long term in road map) is a big mistake which make give up many ppl, population retention is a bigger issue for that's why i prefer something quicker and easier, waiting they work on something better 

14 hours ago, miraluna said:

There isn't any reason only one form of trade has to exist. If EKs would be "killed" by making an actual accessible trade feature, EK aren't all they were originally hyped to be.

While I don't expect ACE is going to do an AH until after launch, a QOL improvement could be an universal search feature to see what all vendors have be it EK or Campaign. That would be a huge saver of time.

That would actually put some value/reason into players wanting to have a vendor stall on a particular EK that is popular. Would allow players to see who is crafting and selling the best items which could lead to requests. Supply/demand of vendor spots is a good reason to tax players for EK owners. Sort of do that whole "kingdom" aspect of EKs instead of glorified yawn worthy player housing.

Still prefer something like Albion's model with multiple markets with independent auction houses, tracked economic stats, buy/sell orders, and a system that actually puts player crafted items onto mobs which would go a long way with the issues with crafted vs dropped gear. For the initial social economy hype ACE had, they have not come anywhere close to matching what else is out there and if anything their lacking model is far worse then most MMOs.

EKs are a great concept, the whole mercantile empire idea is inspiring and really visionary. The devs vision is a player-driven economy where the best items in the game are created by other players. But how many trading EK's are currently living up to the expectations? Do we find the best items in these trading EK's? Is it really a player-driven economy if the majority of the players are left out? My impression is that there is almost no economy in that regard, it's limited to a few experienced players. Joe Public has no clue how to sell his goods and is missing out on that aspect of Crowfall which is a great game in the game.

The chance that the initial idea of an auction house will be implemented by the devs is small indeed, it's a pity because it would simplify many thing and mean access and openness of the economy for ALL players. 

There definitely is a player driven economy with the current system.  We have multiple people working off commissions, and lots of people throwing gold around.  QoL is definitely needed, but all an AH does is drive prices down to the point the profit is gone on lower end gear.  EKs work, it just takes effort, and there are a few bugs that are definitely in the way of some people finding more success with them.

Things that need to be done:

• Fix the ability to interact with stalls so EK owners can move them or eject them.
  • Improve EK sorting, Vendors seem like a good identifier
  • Increase EK timeout duration when there are active vendors
  • EKs need the ability to add points of interest markers, as it is now, you need to name several parcels the same name and hope you can manage to line up the words where you want it.

No-EK changes i feel that need to happen

• Allow Vendors to be brought into DREGs so free city sees some life,  Vendors need to be marked on map inside Free city, only if they have items in their inventory.
  • Free city Vendors who go Negative need to be ejected from their slot after a set negative amount.
  • Address the issue of concurrent NA and EU Dregs.  There still isn't enough population to warrant both campaigns up at once,  If you look at point of origin and play times, you will find a significant portion of players based in NA hours from NA, taking advantage of EU only having 5 people in campaign, and taking advantage of the lack of third partying happening for large objectives.  They can farm resources mostly conflict free, and they can place on divine favour and conquest pretty easily.  If its not possible to have EU timers on 1 or 2 maps and the rest NA timers, then perhaps alternate between the two timer sets from one campaign to the next.  Probably best to host on the East coast for this since West coast/EU players will have similar ping