Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 4/26/2021

Update Notes

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

On the ranger: 

Ranger range is below 25 m starting.  I am basically in melee range before I even fire (or it feels that way).  Relative to other games with bow combat I've played recently, that does not feel good.  My advice is to give starting bows/rangers at least 5 more meters (maybe as much as 10).  I noticed that a skill down the line (in Archer) gives +31m to range.  That's great, but I would suggest making the starting range 30-35 and then reducing that ability by 5 to 10m to compensate.  

Also, while the green charging effect on the basic shot is fine, but the the green effect on the arrows doesn't look good.  I assume that is there to be able to track your shots better, or for others to recognize they are being shot by a bow--which makes sense.  However, the arrow effect on the basic shot looks like your shooting balls of ponderous green stuff, and that doesn't really say speedy, impaling, projectile of death. 

“... [T]he pure light of chivalry... distinguishes the noble from the base, the gentle knight from the churl and the savage;... rates our life far, far beneath the pitch of our honour, raises us victorious over pain, toil, and suffering, and teaches us to fear no evil but disgrace.” --Walter Scott

A lot of the strife with EKs as trading poonts might be solved if swapping between EKs was actually easier. You have your one character thats just stands in front of a vendor in an EK you like, but a feature where you could you open your bookmark menu of favourite EKs online. You hit the button to go to that next EK and it’s 1 second loading time to flip your char right to a spot where you last logged out in this other EK, with the same character.

So something I’ve been mulling over.

Is ACE opposed to moving Siege Engineer from a combat discipline to a crafting/harvesting disc?

I ask because at the moment it isn’t really utilized outside of crafting the equipment because it’s worth comes in crafting the equipment, then buffing healing it. After the siege equipment either does its job or a s destroyed it becomes useless in pvp and that character is forced to fight with a handicap.

Seems like there is 2 types of Stealth in this game.

The hard to use we see on Brigand. Basically a one time thing, you get caught by someone with reveal and it is pretty GG.

The easy to use. Classes like Sins who can ult 3 times in the spam of 30 secs. Rats that can tunnel halfway across the map.

This sorta of difference makes it impossible to balance it out. My base reveal on Ranger only works against Brigand basically. The cooldown is too damn big to get any other stealth class. Hell, yesterday I actualy managed to hit a sin without reveal (tracking where he would have gone) after he ulted the second time and he STILL got away with a third ult. That is just BS.

Sadly it seems anyone hoping to be able to kill stealthers need to either use heads up or be an Elken. That is dumb. The day before yesterday all we met roaming was Sins. If you want people to use anything beyond stealthers to gather then you need to balance this. Remember this is a PvP game, people should be fighting, not running away.

Forts should go live every 3-4 hrs. Maybe that way people would log more out of primetime. As it is today it is not viable. Only people who log during the day are those that dont mind doing "PvE" stuff, we know those are a small minority.

Here am I, hiding from 3 val because there is nobody else online to fight them. I almost killed one of them in a 3v1 (altho the healer prolly still had some skills saved) so all I need is ONE extra person to share their aggro. Quite literally one extra person just needs to be there and we might kill them, but there is nobody on at all.

We need objectives through the whole day, man. This is the kind of thing that is a given. I shouldnt have to make dozens of post asking for such an obvious thing.

Edited by BarriaKarl

10 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Forts should go live every 3-4 hrs. Maybe that way people would log more out of primetime. As it is today it is not viable. Only people who log during the day are those that dont mind doing "PvE" stuff, we know those are a small minority.

Here am I, hiding from 3 val because there is nobody else online to fight them. I almost killed one of them in a 3v1 (altho the healer prolly still had some skills saved) so all I need is ONE extra person to share their aggro. Quite literally one extra person just needs to be there and we might kill them, but there is nobody on at all.

We need objectives through the whole day, man. This is the kind of thing that is a given. I shouldnt have to make dozens of post asking for such an obvious thing.

Random spawning supply-drop style chests, like in Albion Online

AI caravans that move the loot throughout the day from Forts to an owned keep

Outside of keep colonies, like the farm and other buildings outside keeps in ESO, that can be looted and stuff

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

If you want people to use anything beyond stealthers to gather then you need to balance this. Remember this is a PvP game, people should be fighting, not running away.

Remove stealth and even more folks will farm in other campaigns. If you think this is bad, wait until there are more dregs campaigns running concurrently, then folks harvesting will goto the empty ones. 

Remember harvesting is a PvE activity and as such people will avoid anything that could reduce efficiency, loosing your last hour or two of cheese reduces efficiency. The only way to change this is to change the risk/reward paradigm. One could go full loot or no loot, not this half arsed risk/reward way of effectively giving no risk to the ganker. Once you have looted a good target dont you have that thought to squirrel away those nuts? So at that point you would want to avoid pvp until you empty lootable inventory since you now have all the risk in encounters. Now if you could loot someone's gear, then there would be a reward that would effect the amount of risk one would take. Hence, the natural reaction to avoid risk with little to no chance of reward.

The following commentary is all about the infected campaign:

I do like the recent changes where there is a portal directly to skypoint and the seed costs are lowered to 15,000.  These are good changes.   However I'll say that Despite this PVP on infected even in Skypoint continues to be very sporadic and keeps are almost never taken on infected because nobody has seeds and PVP basically does not exist before Skypoint.  It's not enough.  New players won't have much money and people leveling crafting won't have much money since leveling crafting is an insane money sink with zero profit potential so a significant fraction of the playerbase just doesn't have the money for seeds even with the reduced costs.  I've been part of several small groups interested in taking a keep but nobody ever has a seed or money to go get one.

So between the timers and the seeds most PVP objectives are a no go and everyone just ends up farming mobs or taking outposts until they get bored and stop.  Forts similarly tend to never switch hands with each faction keeping their two forts and nobody showing up during their siege timers.  I do see group sizes out in the world capable of taking forts at lest even without seeds but they are busy farming mobs. 

The current setup of infected does not seem to encourage engaging in PVP over PVE even with the increased access of the new skypoint portal or the reduced seed costs.  PVE will advance your crafters and your character whereas PVP simply will not.  So it's hard to blame people for wanting to PVE over PVP since that is what they get rewarded for.  This is not the case in other PVP games.  Dark Age of Camelot, Guild Wars 2, and Elder Scrolls Online all reward you significantly for participating in PVP.  Not only via reasonably decent rewards but from PVP only progression systems that cannot be obtained via PVE. 

This is compounded by the fact that in crowfall your gear has durability and currently PVE is the most effective way to get PVP gear.  There is no crafter economy.  Crafted gear SUCKS compared to PVE gear for most of the crafting leveling process AND to progress crafting to the end game where it gets better than PVE gear finally one has to grind a ton of PVE since that is the only relevant way to earn the gold you'll need to pay for crafting.  And for anyone who doesn't know a max level crafter PVE mobs is the best place to get geared and get more geared.  I don't think this is because mob gear is too good.  This seems to be because crafted gear is not only not good enough for the vast majority of the craft leveling process but indeed that low to mid level crafting is unreasonably resource intensive for the level of gear it produces.

So this appears to be a multi-faceted problem where the answer to most questions is PVE instead of PVP and you only really do PVP during the downtime from doing everything else....because to primarily PVP means getting left behind by those who primarily PVE.  PVP only progression, increased rewards from participating in PVP, the removal of timers, PVP currency that could be used to buy things like seeds, the massive lowering of seed costs in zones intended to be inhabited by leveling people (seriously, people who are leveling and working on getting full green/blue prolly don't have more than 5k to spare...if that...and that's most of infected), increasing the quality of low to mid tier crafted gear to reliably be better than PVE dropped gear, reducing the absurd resource costs of crafting low to mid level crafted gear so that one full set of armor doesn't take like 8 hours of farming, reasons to PVP before Skypoint so you're not just training new players to only PVE, etc. 

I don't think this problem is going to be solved with any one change.  There are many impediments to PVP.  That's my opinion at least.

Edited by Ralathar44

A couple campaigns ago, when you ran pack pigs through certain elk or auroch spots, a gryphon would spawn.

This is doesn't work anymore, but I really liked it as a cool bit of gameplay that felt emergent and world a bit more interactable.

At the moment, when you lose your keep or castle, the loss in Conquest points only calculates how many points that keep/castle generated for that particular season.

It used to calculate your loss in points based on the entire length of the campaign that you had held your keep/castle, so that felt more impactful and that you could change the game at any time better, make big plays.

2 minutes ago, Thon said:

At the moment, when you lose your keep or castle, the loss in Conquest points only calculates how many points that keep/castle generated for that particular season.

It used to calculate your loss in points based on the entire length of the campaign that you had held your keep/castle, so that felt more impactful and that you could change the game at any time better, make big plays.

That has been flagged as a bug.

1 minute ago, Dakoth said:

That has been flagged as a bug.

It doesn't look like it, or at least anymore, QA flagged it as working as intended.

@Ralathar44jeep in mind that a lot of the population is in dregs at the moment.

the problems with Infected arise when it’s the only campaign option.

at that point you see the guilds that normally are active in Dregs migrate to the only campaign that allows pvp. It’s at that point you’ll start to see larger better geared more organized groups running around, which unfortunately places the new players at a disadvantage also.

11 minutes ago, Thon said:

It doesn't look like it, or at least anymore, QA flagged it as working as intended.

Didn’t realize a response had been given. That’s just dumb as there isn’t a big enough set back to taking a keep.

Just got access, creating character. Would have expected CLASS to be the first choice, then it shows me the RACE instead of the other way around. It just forced clicking through each of them until I could see which could be Clerics... only then did I see the "Primary Stat: Intellect", which then I had to go back and click through all the races again to see which may be best at the primary stat, then again click forward onto Cleric, then "create". 

Name filter with Brassman rejecting wasn't great. Brass is a metal, and despite it's partial word profanity, it's acceptable in 99.9% of other games since about 20 years ago through name filters. If there's a log to review of auto-rejected names, maybe there's an exclusion dictionary to compare against that it can grow the list of excluded words that contain strings of text that are flagged initially.