Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Feedback on Factories

The initial implementation is great! I can see this helping to make crafting for a guild more manageable, and crafting to sell from vendors more feasible.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no Factory table in Keeps/Castles, and no way to put one in an EK. There should be.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

41 minutes ago, Jah said:

The initial implementation is great! I can see this helping to make crafting for a guild more manageable, and crafting to sell from vendors more feasible.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no Facrory table in Keeps/Castles, and no way to put one in an EK. There should be.

Or, make a parcel just for it- out in the world of Dregs. Make people craft in the open with their PRECIOUS treasure. MWAHAHA!

Factories should be a high level building/table in a ranked up keep/castle. We need reasons to build up and invest time in strongholds, so using factories (amongst other things) would definitely fit the bill.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

28 minutes ago, soulein said:

Factories should be a high level building/table in a ranked up keep/castle. We need reasons to build up and invest time in strongholds, so using factories (amongst other things) would definitely fit the bill.

Eventually there will be a time when there are more people that want a keep/castle than there are keep/castles. I don't think this should be kept away from anyone.

aeei5jG.png

26 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Eventually there will be a time when there are more people that want a keep/castle than there are keep/castles. I don't think this should be kept away from anyone.

Yeah, but if they're available on faction campaigns and Infected, then almost everyone has a chance to access them.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

So far our crafters/logistics folks have really liked the factories. We're just now diving into it so we will need more time to give feedback and find more pain points.

I do agree that there should be factory tables in temples, craftable for EK's, and in infected/dregs keeps. This is such a core QoL function that it shouldn't be limited. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

It would be neat to copy some features from Albion Online.

Make crafting type specific factories (blacksmithing, woodcrafting, etc.) instead of one single factory for everything.

Now allow them to place these in Free Cities in campaign, and in Eternal Kingdoms.

Make it so they are a type of table or building that can be upgraded.

Make it so you can allow others to temporarily rent or use your factory you own by paying fee in Gold.

Allow people to set the gold fee.

1 hour ago, Yoink said:

While I agree in principle, why would a solo person need factories? 

2 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Because even solo players need to replace items. Much easier to use factories to duplicate your items than to remake them every time.

Also, a solo player who wants to be a merchant would definitely want to use factories to produce items for selling.

IhhQKY6.gif

22 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I wasn't even thinking about solo players when I said this. Imagine the game with the intended number of players in a dregs. There will likely be more Alliances than there are keeps to go around.

Factories are not a perk of being in a large guild. They are much needed relief for a convoluted crafting, harvesting, storage system

aeei5jG.png

What is the reason that factory items can not proc discs? Is it just a tech limitation? If it is not a tech limitation it does not make much sense why they would not proc discs.

aeei5jG.png

As most of my time in game is spent crafting, i was really apprehensive when i first heard about factories on the QnA.  Playing with the current iteration i found them to be an overall positive experience.  Most issues i see with them is just about balancing material input to output.  There needs to be a cost to convenience, not a massive savings that i've seen in some instances.  While i'll mostly talk about negatives, keep in mind i have 3 keep chests full of gear i use to copy now, and i've used this system quite extensively in the short time we've had it.

Factory Table -  Add this stonemason recipe already, its infuriating to grab a bunch of stuff out of the EK, switch to infected, delete my two apples and two daggers, run to the table, start copying, then run out of lacing sinew or coal, then clean out my bank, then needed to zone back to the ek again, grab more meat and wood, then zone back to infected, delete my two apples and two daggers, run to the table, complete my builds, go back to the ek, deposit the template gear, deposit the factory components, and deposit the gear in the pickup chest.

Dust costs - this needs to be scaled with rarity in the recipe.  Making an epic ring is over 400 dust if you decide to polish every step (6 steps).  a weapon it will be atleast 350 dust for an epic (5 steps).  Armour is the outlier as its only a single polish per piece, so 68 dust for an epic.  This means it should be a unique scale to each craft.  Personally i think adding 75% of the max polish cost to the recipes is a fair place to make it for a template item.  These costs are associated with lego discipline Polishing Expert Passive fyi.

Durability - 15-16 items per template piece still seems a bit much to me.  I'd like it to be 4-5 items per piece, but i'd settle for it to just be halved.  This will force disc procs to still happen and enter the economy since crafters won't be sitting on their template stock as long.

Factory Components - These are well done, i love how it now makes actually balances out resource use.  Every profession always had a surplus of some sort of material due to no current demand, now those resources can be used vs stockpiling them and being disheartened every time your gatherers bring you more of that useless crap lol.

Access to Factories - Please change access so its locked behind Epic Belt, Or Lego Disc.  They both cost similar and are not hard to achieve.  With people being able to take any ones original crafted item and copy it, there should be a restraint on just how many have access to this system.  For original testing i understand the lower requirement level, i just want to see this as a tool for dedicated crafters vs someone who just sits and mass grinds out 9 discs equip it and then copies a weapon they bought.

Crafted by - This needs to never change from the original.  Right now i can take someone elses craft and pretend its my own with a copy.  It opens the door for people to mislead people on their crafting progression for commisions.

Discipline Procs - Good on you for not allowing disciplines to proc for an item made with such convenience.

Jewelry - Needing an alchemist to supply your gem stock for factories and is a bit much when the rest of the crafts can make their supplies directly at the table.  Not to mention you need ground minerals aswell and a couple combines just to make your Prismatic Gems, rest of the trades just use base mats at the table.

Stitching Awl - Treated leather quantity disappeared with this factory implementation.  Now for a single Set of white gear, I'm using 4 out of 5 charges.  While it works for making factory copy stock, I will plow through my stitching awls in no time just to make custom gear for people.  These aren't some sort of vendor item, they are drops from elders, and they are a necessity with how low armour leather has on the lower crafter rarities.  This change is forcing me to make copies of gear that is generally not standard enough to warrant the increased cost.  Without seals in gear, I'm taking a net loss vs crafting normally, just to save awl charges.
People will keep war tribe on vs a green crafted without a treated leather.  If this change is intentional, the charges should be returned to 25, i'd much rather the reverse be true though and the change reverted.  After all things were supposed to be made easier, and losing the ability to use quantity negates that.

Treated Steel - Same importance as above, just not changed yet.

28 minutes ago, blazzen said:

giphy.gif

Smaller rosters help keep the load down ;)  I've crafted for both a small roster guild (aco) and a blob guild (dis), and my opinion on durability still holds true in either scenario

Edited by neven

I was looking forward to factories quite a bit to ease the making of 40-50 Advanced Runetools every day.  The cost increases  I'm not so sure about.  Overall costs per tool have gone up as follows: Stone (discounted rate from discs/belts) 3 -> 6, Dust: 4 -> 7, Wood 0.2 -> 1, Ore 4 -> 16.  This is for what looks like a 2x increase in durability from the quick glance I did.  The quadrupling of the ore price seems overly-tuned, and I'm concerned at what the un-discounted stone rates for the Unmarked Runestones are, as that is the slow and expensive barrier to getting leveled up in the craft in the first place.  These prices won't be too significant for well-established guilds with leveled crafters (aside from perhaps the no import campaigns), but may be quite significant for the smaller / earlier crafters.

Edited by Ravensight

31 minutes ago, neven said:

Discipline Procs - Good on you for not allowing disciplines to proc for an item made with such convenience.

Hard disagree. All the work still went into farming the mats for these items. What is the rational? I didn't earn the chance for procs because I didn't spend 10 minutes clicking per item?

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

3 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Hard disagree. All the work still went into farming the mats for these items. What is the rational? I didn't earn the chance for procs because I didn't spend 10 minutes per Item clicking?

Narratively, you could say that the farmers get their benefit of getting discipline chances from doing that farming.  As a crafter, doing the experimentation and refining of the components is the part that lets you learn your craft better.  Not slapping it in a magic xerox machine.

6 minutes ago, Ravensight said:

Narratively, you could say that the farmers get their benefit of getting discipline chances from doing that farming.  As a crafter, doing the experimentation and refining of the components is the part that lets you learn your craft better.  Not slapping it in a magic xerox machine.

Narratively, I could say it could be a magic disc proccing xerox machine.

I'd like to know the actual reason. I think its just a tech issue. Same reason why making 1x potion is the same chance to proc 1 alchemy disc as making 20x potions is.

If it is a tech issue, I can accept that. If it is suffering for the sake of suffering, that is poorly made dergsty.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png