Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Calling all Skinners - Need some Help!

Errddy

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post but I'm having trouble find flexible hide. I know there from cats but I have not seen them at all. I may be blind but any insight on where they are or where to look.

Thank you for your time! 

Animal spawns are subject to rng (like everything else) but the easiest place to find them is usually right outside your temple in the Infected world.  You be able to find several lairs if you do a circuit around the outer wall.  If you're exploring further out, check your map for the canyon parcels spread around the world.

Two animals currently drop flexible hide-cats and gryphons.  Generally the best places to find cats is in the canyons, or large crevices on the maps. These tend to be where ore and sometimes stone can be found in large quantities. It's also where you would likely find the ore caravan pigs. So look for the canyons on each of the world maps because they are the place to find cats.

Gryphons, on the other hand, seem to be much rarer. They are much newer to the game, only added a couple patches ago. If they are in a zone, they are on a small hill/mountain that is unmarked, so you have to really search for it.  At the base of it, it has an abandoned encampment  with a lot of dead bodies. These are much fewer in abundance. Sometimes they will only have 2-4 spawn at a time, In a canyon you can find many more cats. Cats, and I think gryphons, also drop necromancy additives. I hope that helps! The spawn area(for gryphons) also only tends to be in Skypoint in Infected and Dregs. 

3 hours ago, Doomshadow said:

Two animals currently drop flexible hide-cats and gryphons.  Generally the best places to find cats is in the canyons, or large crevices on the maps. These tend to be where ore and sometimes stone can be found in large quantities. It's also where you would likely find the ore caravan pigs. So look for the canyons on each of the world maps because they are the place to find cats.

Gryphons, on the other hand, seem to be much rarer. They are much newer to the game, only added a couple patches ago. If they are in a zone, they are on a small hill/mountain that is unmarked, so you have to really search for it.  At the base of it, it has an abandoned encampment  with a lot of dead bodies. These are much fewer in abundance. Sometimes they will only have 2-4 spawn at a time, In a canyon you can find many more cats. Cats, and I think gryphons, also drop necromancy additives. I hope that helps! The spawn area(for gryphons) also only tends to be in Skypoint in Infected and Dregs. 

gryphons right now are extinct already at least in dregs they are @ArtCraftQA gryphons back in dregs when?

Hello, 

You can easiely recognise canyons on maps and they are almost always filled with cats and hogs (but  there are cases when elementals or spiders are there, then you have to look for other canons). usually I look around the cat/boar canyons on th surface, because usually there are aurochs and elks aswell, so you can get almost all type of hide there. For durable you go in forrests for bears or find spider infested villages or spider canyons, I usually go for bears because I can get elks there aswell. You can skip wolves, I only kill them if I need wolf meat (from those you can actually make skinning boost kabobs with plentiful +1 if you are not capped yet)