Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Game Update “Carnage” is Live!

28 minutes ago, Jah said:

I think you are mistaken. ACE isn't making Infected into the hub that you and others want them to.

You are probably correct in that they will continue down their path... 

22 minutes ago, Baomaug said:

Wait, wasn't Shadow supposed to be GvG?  So, let me back up, I am pretty sure that it went like this: God's Reach was the 3 faction campaign, the Infected was the 12 faction campaign, Shadow was GvG, and Dregs was free-for-all (which is functionally GvG, but I digress).  I am pretty sure that's correct. 

Yes, back in the Kickstarter days that was the plan.

God's Reach was repurposed as non-PvP starter world, Infected was repurposed as a 3-faction PvP starter world, and Shadow was repurposed as 3-faction Campaigns.

They rarely talk about Shadow, but they've mentioned it as recently as a few Q&A's ago. They said they could turn it on right now but they aren't doing that yet because of low population.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

On 4/29/2021 at 5:54 AM, Jah said:

Infected was repurposed as a 3-faction PvP starter world

Oh, right. Now I recall what they said about the third part of NPE in Infected, focused on PVP (really years ago?).
Obviously NPE should be persistent. 

I can't realize why ACE calls "bands" this worlds which now are meant to be a tutorial zone without need of multiple instance... excepting lore wise.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

50 minutes ago, RikForFun said:

I can't realize why ACE calls "bands" this worlds which now are meant to be a tutorial zone without need of multiple instance... excepting lore wise.

It's confusing. But I'm not sure the Infected is even a "band" anymore. Judging from the in-game lobby, the bands are now called Player Worlds, Starting Worlds, Faction vs. Faction, and Guild vs. Guild.

YIOvSxn.png

I can see why they put Infected in Faction vs. Faction but I think it should really be placed in the Starting Worlds band, because that seems to be its actual purpose. The Shadow campaigns are what belong in the Faction vs. Faction band.

My best guess is that they put Infected in the Faction vs. Faction band because Shadows campaigns aren't available yet, and the Infected kinda fits there.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

34 minutes ago, Jah said:

YIOvSxn.png

I can see why they put Infected in Faction vs. Faction but I think it should really be placed in the Starting Worlds band, because that seems to be its actual purpose. The Shadow campaigns are what belong in the Faction vs. Faction band.

Agreed.  The Faction vs Faction aspect is really window dressing for what it is 90+% of the time, which is a Starting World.

They should move it to Starting World, indicate via UI that God's Reach "Start here if you're brand new to Crowfall."  Then for Infected, "Infected is both an alternate 1-15 leveling experience and a continuation of leveling for those who have Completed God's Reach."

Until Infected can be "won" (which I don't think I've even seen it make it as far as Summer), it does not make any real sense for it to live in Faction vs Faction.

Aye infected is a tutorial world not real faction vs faction.  A bad tutorial world that doesn't teach you 80% of the things you need to know...but a tutorial world nonetheless. 95% of what happens there is people farming mobs/resources and asking questions on how to play in chat that I answer best I can.

Edited by Ralathar44