Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roxfall

Chaos, Order And Balance. One Of These Is Not Like The Others.

From reading on the kickstarter page, it looks like in the three faction war, the third faction wins when nobody else does.

Chaos and Order are duking it out, and Balance is betraying whoever is winning to keep them even.

In order to win, Chaos must defeat both Order and Balance. It's a 1/3 vs 2/3 fight.

In order to win, Order must defeat both Chaos and Balance. It's a 1/3 vs 2/3 fight.

In order to win, Balance must make sure neither Chaos or Order wins. It's a 2/3 vs 1/3 fight.

When you play Balance, you're always outnumbering the enemy.

Can anyone else see the numbers problem here? What is there to stop everyone from playing Balance, and creating a runaway effect where Chaos and Order are getting spawn camped and everyone else is being bored?

So, grab your torches and pitchforks and let slip the dogs of war! And cry nerfs preemptively up and down both hills in the snow back when I was your age.

Ok I'm done. :)

TL;DR: Balance is not. Nerf Balance.

P.S. WTB elf archetype with sword. Serious offers only, no sporks please.

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

I was pondering this myself earlier and almost came to the same conclusion. Then I pondered some more and decided that  A ) Balance will not inherently always outnumber the enemy and  B ) There is another factor, the 3 factions will likely be restricted to their associated Archetypes...representing a natural...balancing factor.

Edited by Anthrage

Oh that's a terrifying idea.

Why?

Because Guinea Pigs man.

They're most popular archetype hands down.

Now imagine an army of them. With beady lil eyes... a sea of fur... and cutlasses... and sharp pointy teeth... a wave of fury and squeals, just rolling over the castle walls... completely unstoppable.

What do you do if 99% of your server population are about two feet fall and ADORABLE?!

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

I was pondering this myself earlier and almost came to the same conclusion. Then I pondered some more and decided that A) Balance will not inherently always outnumber the enemy and B) There is another factor, the 3 factions will likely be restricted to their associated Archetypes...representing a natural...balancing factor.

The factions are based off of the gods..... so I hope that the gods are not race locked! I want to be able to pick a god from either balance, chaos, or order.

From reading on the kickstarter page, it looks like in the three faction war, the third faction wins when nobody else does.

Chaos and Order are duking it out, and Balance is betraying whoever is winning to keep them even.

In order to win, Chaos must defeat both Order and Balance. It's a 1/3 vs 2/3 fight.

In order to win, Order must defeat both Chaos and Balance. It's a 1/3 vs 2/3 fight.

In order to win, Balance must make sure neither Chaos or Order wins. It's a 2/3 vs 1/3 fight.

When you play Balance, you're always outnumbering the enemy.

Can anyone else see the numbers problem here? What is there to stop everyone from playing Balance, and creating a runaway effect where Chaos and Order are getting spawn camped and everyone else is being bored?

So, grab your torches and pitchforks and let slip the dogs of war! And cry nerfs preemptively up and down both hills in the snow back when I was your age.

Ok I'm done. :)

TL;DR: Balance is not. Nerf Balance.

P.S. WTB elf archetype with sword. Serious offers only, no sporks please.

This sounds like the persistent world so many have been pining for if you add seasons changing due to player actions.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Interesting point. Since they always have numbers on their side, maybe linking debuffs to Balance players would be a good way to keep it interesting. Order and Chaos could do certain events (such as capturing a shrine or killing certain mobs as a sacrifice), in order to lessen or increase the debuff status effect put onto the Balance team.

Since the 'winning' team is having to fight 2/3, they could stack events of -10%dmg/hp debuffs until they are -50% total to give them that final edge for victory.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

It's somewhat true for any faction: greatly outnumbered sides have no chance. But Balance suffers less pressure than other two factions, that may eventually attract more people to that side, effectively restoring permanent "balance" to all campaigns.

Because Guinea Pigs man.

They're most popular archetype hands down.

What do you do if 99% of your server population are about two feet fall and ADORABLE?!

I'm not playing furry. Unless you consider centaur to be furry, of course.

That doesn't seem to be the case. let me explain briefly.

The Balance will be fighting against both Order and Chaos at any one point of time.

Simply because Order and Chaos will be doing their best to tip the scale to the extend that Balance won't be able tiled it back.

Which also means, Order and Chaos might/will be fighting for the point of interests and, the resources Balance are holding onto as well to gain the advantage.

Therefore to say that they are facing less pressure might not always be the case. Personally, I feel Balance is the more complicated one to be in.

edited: added info. thanks crowrise, brain fart moment. 

Edited by XephRy

I don't think it's an issue.  Balance has no win condition that triggers their victory, they win if NO ONE ELSE WINS!  So they're going to be the interfering mooks who backstab both sides and are always loyal to the underdog.  My guess is they won't have objectives they need to go for, they'll simply be attempting to stop Chaos and Order from completing theirs.  Organized teams will need to bypass their influence along with fighting off the opposition.

The reason I doubt everyone will play Balance is the lack of win condition.  For players who value efficient use of their time, constantly playing the Border Patrol isn't the best way of achieving victory.  Balance is for the casuals, neutral players, and waylaying bandit robber scum to make their home and profit greatly off the silly war of others.

Lol..., i think that the faction focus are chaos and order, when one gets too strong, then balance take part and make a 2 vs 1 faction battle, but the 1 is stronger in taht moment. If what you say happens and the 2 vs 1 own the other, then its time for balance to change its allied faction. Oh wait... then balance is always 2v1, so they always win :o But they always fight vs the strongest, that must be studied ingame, not fair to argue it here

Edited by crowrise

Lol..., i think that the faction focus are chaos and order, when one gets too strong, then balance take part and make a 2 vs 1 faction battle, but the 1 is stronger in taht moment. If what you say happens and the 2 vs 1 own the other, then its time for balance to change its allied faction. Oh wait... then balance is always 2v1, so they always win :o But they always fight vs the strongest, that must be studied ingame, not fair to argue it here

I hope you read my post.  :wub:

Therefore to say that they are facing less pressure might not always be the case.

Order is fighting primarily with Chaos. Chaos is fighting primarily with Order. So, Balance is facing less pressure. At any time, if Balance have been pressured, their foes are the strongest, so the third faction takes same side as Balance. Balance always fights 2v1.

On the other way, say Order(/Chaos) is winning, it must fight 1v2. It only fights 2v1, when it is losing.

I hope you read my post.  :wub:

I hardly understand that part:

"Which also means, Order and Chaos might/will be fighting for the point of interests and the resources Order are holding onto as well to gain the advantage.

Therefore to say that they are facing less pressure might not always be the case. Personally, I feel Order is the more complicated one to be in."

What does Order have to be diferent from chaos? I think u meant to write Balance, and not Order, maybe?

I hardly understand that part:

"Which also means, Order and Chaos might/will be fighting for the point of interests and the resources Order are holding onto as well to gain the advantage.

Therefore to say that they are facing less pressure might not always be the case. Personally, I feel Order is the more complicated one to be in."

What does Order have to be diferent from chaos? I think u meant to write Balance, and not Order, maybe?

oh gawd, that was my fault.

edited! hopefully you'll get a better understanding!  :D

I can understand better now, look at that:

Order difficulty to win: ascend 1 vs 2 (itself being the strongest)

Caos difficulty to win: ascend 1 vs 2 (itself being the strongest)

Balance difficulty to win: help one side (when it is the weaker) (2v1), fight the same side (when it is the strongest) (1v2). So balance is always in the weak side.

both of the factions have a work, but the only issue is, is it really possible for Order or Chaos to ascend 1v2 and keep in that state? We must wait for the game release

edite: balance might have an strategic play too

Edited by crowrise

The way I see it, Balance is the guy you turn to when you're getting your bottom kicked; either tactically or strategically. They're the wild card.

Yes, they will cause an outnumbering issue; That's the entire point of the faction. However as soon as that starts becoming an offensive advantage, you lose Balance. Balance isn't going to help Order push into Chaos's territory (beyond 50% at least), but they will make sure Chaos doesn't push Order off the map.

If anything, Balance is going to create situations where defending favors the defenders; So at something like a castle, it's not just going to be Chaos manning the walls, it's Balance up there too, with Order lacking the numbers to make a real push. So that siege ends inconclusively, but now Chaos takes the offensive and Balance defends with Order, and Chaos can't make gains either. This situation plays right into Balance's hands, because their overall goal is to make sure both are even and neither makes significant gains.

I guess you could say that Balance is going to be difficult to balance :^)

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean