Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 4/28/2021

Update Notes

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Played last night with my friend from start of Starter Island/Tutorial through it's completion. Then we went to the infected world server (as the last quest in the starter area describes) to get onto

Feedback on Motherlode farming: To be blunt, it sucks.  The motherlode takes forever to kill with many stamina rests and the rewards are rather low % chance of what you actually need. Meanwhile des

i just fall in a trap between stones

Played last night with my friend from start of Starter Island/Tutorial through it's completion. Then we went to the infected world server (as the last quest in the starter area describes) to get onto the actual fun PvP part of the game... and we got put on different factions. We spent 30 minutes trying to log off, log on, ask in general chat, drop group, regroup, etc and we didn't find a way to ACTUALLY CONTINUE PLAYING TOGETHER. I thought that was a key element of fun... playing with your friends against other players, forging great stories and "remember that time we..." type experiences. Whatever goodwill/positive experience was eviscerated away and I've since uninstalled. I hate nothing more than wasting time, so the 2 hours was kind of fun (more on that starter island experience below) but after the forced separation... that was a wrap.

Starter Island - combat and general moving around the world/lands was somewhat fun. Felt a little like many other games but that's not necessarily a bad thing. One of the key things I felt was confusion as to the order of introductions of game pieces... like right from the get-go, we're pushing down trees to make an axe or something. I'm not sure about other players but I know my regular group and I, expecting a Shadowbane/PvP-esque type game... get us INTO THE ACTION, give us intelligent NPCs to mimic doses of their combat features incrementing over time, simulating what we COULD expect once we clear the starting area. I didn't want to push down trees, craft a knife for a crafting component of the game. That just plain felt out of order. That continues for a bit, then there's some fighting. That was fun. Then there's "build a barracks" or something like that where you put up 1 piece of a resource (bars/ore iirc?) and turn the quest in... then there's some "put items for a siege here" stuff... Why would the scope of this be at the world siege level at this point in the game? In my experience, I'd like to first learn how to control my little slice of heaven, my character, gain proficiency with that, know all the skills, buttons, baseline level of prowess to handle things in combat/the world/exploring, THEN add in crafting (or make it an optional side-quest path), THEN team stuff/partying/fighting together using synergies between characters to overcome a thing... that would further refine my understanding of my character, then add the learning of capabilities of the team. THEN i would want to learn SIEGING because, to me, that would be the highest level scope of understanding (ME > TEAM > ALLIANCE/FACTION). 

Hope that helps!

I wanted to discuss some issues I have with the current state of Crowfall.  Topics include (but are not limited to):   Changes made - Crafting - HUNGER DOME and ECS - Infected - Content - Eternal Kingdoms - Alliance.

Changes Made - Two major changes were made in the not so distant past. Passive training tree and Domain choices for character creation are the two that I keep pondering about.

Passive training was a great idea I though.  It did need some tweaks on what was time gated and what was not, but overall I liked it.  Just because I could level a crafter or harvester with out being online all the time.  My skills in Crafting and Harvesting would be on par as everyone else even if I could not log in as much. Yes, a catch up mechanic would have had to been developed.  There could have been easy ways around that, but that is another topic.  Another reason I liked the passive training was because it did time gate.  Now there is no way that a solo crafter can keep up with a guild supported crafter.  So, the only choice I have is to help gather to help the guild crafters get mats so they can level as fast as the other big guilds. Being in a guild is great, but if you like to craft but are not the guild crafter . . . 😞.  So in a big guild you have a small amount of Crafters/people supporting 50 - 100 members.  Just feel this hurts Econ and my feelings.  I want, I want, I want my crafter to be useful. 

Domains were introduced to make harder choices with more options for class creation, is what I thought, but I could be wrong.  I liked being able to make a pistol Dirge and not be stuck using rapier to be viable.  I do like the current system, but . . . I liked the open system where I could equip any disc no matter class.  I wanna make a Bomb Pally.  I want, I want !! !!  I know this would be a balancing nightmare so I understand. 

Crafting - Oh lord, please make my crafter useful, Amen.  Where do I end?  There is to many ways to begin this topic.  War tribes, Cost, and Why is what I am concerned about.  

War Tribes is the best place to get gold and gear at the same time.  War Tribe gear is almost as good as top quality crafted gear.  Going to a fight in War Tribe gear is not something people are worried about because it is good freaking gear at a great price.  The only down side is the durability.  Big guilds will farm War Tribes to Gear up and get gold while passing the gold on to the guild crafters.  Giving larger guilds the advantage, it is really noticeable at end game crafting level.  End game is when the crafters start to shine.  Early crafted gear is trash and people don't even put it on player vendors because it's easier to go hit mobs and get better gear.  If you can't sell it to a Newb then it is NPC vendor trash.

What does it cost to make a crafter? A ton of gold to level the Discs.  A ton of materials to craft gear to get discs to drop.  (insert crafting guide here)  Alot of time, effort, and GOLD.  Price for dom dust is . . .OMFG.  That is alot of time not crafting.  Takes up time gather gold, materials, and time (to finally get some crafting in).  Oh and I forgot . . . time for siege. . . I don't have time for none of that other stuff 🙂 .  Being in a guild can help if your the guild crafter.  All mats and gold should goto the most experienced crafter in the guild until fully maxed.  Then higher level mats will still be needed by the highest level crafter in guild, but then is the time to start others.  Just sux to have to wait cause I like crafting (yes I am one of the crazy ones).  

So why even make a crafter if you are not in a guild and the main crafter.  hmmm  . . . Because I am crazy and enjoy crafting.  As long as I am in a great alliance/guild, gathering mats for the crafters, and showing up for sieges, I do get pretty much what I ask for crafted.  So why make one?  Just to put it bluntly . . . Don't, unless you are ok with being useless till you max out your crafter and catch up with everyone else.  Oh and enjoy wasting the mats that the maxed crafters could have used to make you better stuff 😛 .

Hunger Dome and ECS - YAY! Hunger dome is out.  HOLY SHoT  ECS with Razer tourney.  Oh wait, I can't get in Hunger Dome on Test or Live.  Wasn't it suppose to come out last patch?  Oh they must be having major issues to only let it be played under snap test conditions.  Wow they are still going on with ECS.  Hmmmm . . . I would love to play Hunger Dome when I just feel like killing someone.  Main concern here is snap tests and gaining enough interest in playing it when it is not avail at all times.  Ok I could play during snap test, if I wasn't busy with siege or IRL stuff.  I would love to come in from a hard day work and jump into a few hunger matches before siege or going harvesting.  Wouldn't it be easier to generate hype and players interest in playin in ECS if it was available at all times?  The only thing I can think is that they are having major (MAJOR) problems and are able to hide it in the small scale.  I have pretty much given up on it till they can make it available at all times.  The problem is I think alot of people are thinking the same thing.

Infected - Is this a "Starting Zone" or a "Campaign"?  It has quests so it must be a starting zone.  It has pvp and siege times so it must be a campaign.  Wait, no one can win so this must be a starting zone.  Damn, I am confused.  Who ever said that starting zones can't have pvp or siege times? So why is this current version in the FvF (Faction vs Faction) Campaign area?  OK, I can understand that there needs to be something there as a place holder till ACE wants to run 2 campaigns at the same time (FvF and Dregs).  Is that why that map is in the Infected area?   Still have no clue, but don't make sense to me to release like that.

Content - Current in game content:  Pack Pigs, Keeps, Forts, Outposts, Harvesting, Crafting, PVP, General Chat, War Tribes, Event tab, glory cards.  Seems like quite a bit, if players chose to do it.  I think I heard that somewhere.  Let's examine 😮

Lets start with Keeps.  Not an option if not in a large guild.  A smaller guild could take one once they get the gold to buy a seed, and hold it till attacked.  Once they got it, it's a good bet they will struggle to try to build it.  Especially since all the big guilds are gobbling up the Forts and pigs.  So lets move on to them. 

Smaller guilds will get ran over by the Zerg during a fort battle and might be able to sneak win a few.  This will not be fun for most since the goal will be to avoid all PVP. 

Pigs are a way to go to avoid the zerg as much, but big guilds run in groups to avoid getting run over by other groups and will run over you. And you can harvest more then the pigs will give you with slightly less risk due to event tab. 

OH Event tab, is a good place to look for a fight.  It tells others your location for some actions and spawns of boss mobs.  Don't go unless you have a group.  So that one is content for some. 

Outposts are fought over by big guilds for leader board points.  Sometimes there are glory cards for the small guilds to get in some content here. 

Glory cards are content for all but only competitive for large guilds unless the card mentions Landless guilds or per member.  But even that gets skewed  by large guilds locking down the area. So the larger guilds tend to get the per member ones also. 

Harvesting and crafting are linked due to needing the materials to craft.  Harvesting is best done in off hours if you are able to play then due to IRL stuff.  Can be rough if you don't have a group with you, watch for the zerg. 

War tribes are good place to get gold, gear, glory card items.  That is why they are fought over and usually covered by a larger guild.

General Chat is a good place to help others asking questions.  It can also be quite entertaining on who is crying, dying, or whining!  Over all good time as long as you don't get butt hurt over the silly talk that some say just to try to get a rise out of peeps.

So for content looking at it from a solo or small to medium guild the tally comes in as:  1 General Chat is the biggest piece of content that any size guild can get involved. 

2 Second place goes to PVP.  Never hard to find if you don't expect to live any way.  Event tab could be second also but only as a tool for pvp. 

3 Next is all tied for third place because it all depends on how many large enemy groups are running around on the (what I think is alittle small, seems smaller due to places I can't hide 🙂) map. War Tribes, Harvesting, and Pigs are content but only till you get killed 4 times in an hour or so trying to do each of those things as solo or small group depending on prime time. 

4 Glory cards depend largely on what the card says. Then on being able to gather or fight enough to outweigh the larger guilds.  And stay way from the zerg.

5 Keeps, Forts, and outposts will be mainly only content for Large guilds.

There is no content is a fair assessment from someone that wants to play in a small guild and can mainly play during Prime hours.  The best options for content are General Chat and going to to try to solo gank.  The other options are not there at all if larger guilds own the map. Which makes the maps feel small for some but to big for the other group that doesn't need to hide to have content.  I bet New players feel this more then most and determines if they stay or leave.

Eternal Kingdoms - Damn some of these look great.  Only problem here is that if someone wants to set up a Vendor EK then they tend to run a macro or something to keep it logged in.  There should be a box or something to check to keep it active if it has vendors up.  Something. . . I know it cost ACE to run those servers and the resources it would take to keep everyone ek active at all times.  

There are other issues, but that one really effects the Econ and can't really test it with out every EK running some outside program to stay active.

Alliance -Well that didn't work.  Mega guilds turned to mega alliance back to mega guild due to the lack of a scoring system properly worked out.  An alliance shouldn't be fighting each other for conquest points and is the main reason for the mega Guilds. Blazzen mentioned another UI that showed Alliance points.  At end of Campaign totals are taken from each guild and the points are given to the alliance they are in at end of campaign.  There just needs to be a better scoring system or something in place where the guilds in the alliance don't have to compete for any type of points.  I mentioned Alliance points only.  If the guild is in an Alliance then all points are totaled no matter which guild capped what.  Then there could be a UI maybe that showed the points each guild contributed.  The hard thing is when the alliance is running together, 3 guilds standing in the circle of a fort.  How is the capture determined?  I say the same.  As alliance, the system recognizes if player x is in an ally and capture is done that way.  

Update: So I don't think solo crafters should be as effective as a guild crafter.  With the passive system we had, all crafters started on the same day had equal chance to make the same quality gear.  With both systems the output was based on how much mats the crafter could get ahold of.  Now crafters get left way behind if not supplied by guild.

I am not ACE and going to go through every post ever posted to see if these things have been discussed before.  Just because they have been discussed in forums, DOES NOT mean that they are being discussed by ACE.

I saw a post that mentioned that Nerfing War Tribe would still only helping the large guilds.  I disagree.  I believe that if there are more crafters that are able to make gear better then War Tribe then there should be more vendors.  Thus increasing Econ.  Nerfing War Tribe gear would create more demand for crafters and that gear.  Then a solo crafter could craft items and sell then via player vendor.  The main customer would be new players mainly. This is due to the solo crafter not being as experienced as a guild crafter.  Guild crafters will be giving the gear to the guild as solo crafters will be supplying the Econ.

I got alot of reaction when talking about these topics in Community Discord.  These topics are still on many players minds, but many are tired of repeating themselves.  Thanks four your time.

7 minutes ago, Brossmin said:

Played last night with my friend from start of Starter Island/Tutorial through it's completion. Then we went to the infected world server (as the last quest in the starter area describes) to get onto the actual fun PvP part of the game... and we got put on different factions. We spent 30 minutes trying to log off, log on, ask in general chat, drop group, regroup, etc and we didn't find a way to ACTUALLY CONTINUE PLAYING TOGETHER. I thought that was a key element of fun... playing with your friends against other players, forging great stories and "remember that time we..." type experiences. Whatever goodwill/positive experience was eviscerated away and I've since uninstalled. I hate nothing more than wasting time, so the 2 hours was kind of fun (more on that starter island experience below) but after the forced separation... that was a wrap.

Starter Island - combat and general moving around the world/lands was somewhat fun. Felt a little like many other games but that's not necessarily a bad thing. One of the key things I felt was confusion as to the order of introductions of game pieces... like right from the get-go, we're pushing down trees to make an axe or something. I'm not sure about other players but I know my regular group and I, expecting a Shadowbane/PvP-esque type game... get us INTO THE ACTION, give us intelligent NPCs to mimic doses of their combat features incrementing over time, simulating what we COULD expect once we clear the starting area. I didn't want to push down trees, craft a knife for a crafting component of the game. That just plain felt out of order. That continues for a bit, then there's some fighting. That was fun. Then there's "build a barracks" or something like that where you put up 1 piece of a resource (bars/ore iirc?) and turn the quest in... then there's some "put items for a siege here" stuff... Why would the scope of this be at the world siege level at this point in the game? In my experience, I'd like to first learn how to control my little slice of heaven, my character, gain proficiency with that, know all the skills, buttons, baseline level of prowess to handle things in combat/the world/exploring, THEN add in crafting (or make it an optional side-quest path), THEN team stuff/partying/fighting together using synergies between characters to overcome a thing... that would further refine my understanding of my character, then add the learning of capabilities of the team. THEN i would want to learn SIEGING because, to me, that would be the highest level scope of understanding (ME > TEAM > ALLIANCE/FACTION). 

Hope that helps!

To change faction, go to the area of the Tree of Life inside a temple, look near the tents... You will see 3 faction banners. Click on the banner of the faction you want to join.

macdeath_sig.png

My 2p's worth after playing single player (I know its an MMO) for a few days and finally getting to level 30:

Targeting saplings is fiddly - have to get the positioning to the right of the tree for it to highlight and be targetable.
After losing stamina and mining ore (or creatures for hide), will randomly refuse to use the pick / knife again (does melee attack) until you move away and go back to the thing being harvested.
Got stuck on roof in Eternal world start area one time by walking into the corner. Was eventually able to free myself.
Add option to save login password would be good.
Got stuck in a hole during the pig escort quest on the starter world, requiring alt-P to escape. Also this should be the world you should be encouraged to start with first rather than the Eternal world which has little to do for a new player.
Would be good to be able to add waypoints on the map. Navigation is a bit annoying (open map, check direction you are facing, close map, re-orient, repeat).

Destroying items - have to drag onto Inventory header bar - not obvious and found out by trial and error.
Took boots from a loot chest in a village straight to my armour slot and lost the boots I was wearing.
Nearly every time quitting game pops up an ACR error report prompt, hangs forever on 'Submitting reports. Please wait...' progress bar doesn't go up from 0 (0 CPU used).
Getting given two lowspec axes randomly is a bit annoying every time you enter a new map (though the rotten apples are handy).
Why do you have to dismount when eating?

For SP, it seems very grindy. Its not worth making anything beyond the basic harvesting gear (assuming you can use it - I can't) which needs replacing far too often (one pick will only last around 2 rocks or so). While self-made gear seems to have better stats (for a nice change to most other games) than that from loot drops, it requires far more effort for the slight benefit gained. Would be nice to be able to repair gear that you have spent an age getting the resources for and crafting.

Food prep - takes far too many resources (a lot of which are hard to come by) to make anything beyond the basic recipes and is not really worth the effort as food goes down fairly fast anyway. Also never been able to find foil which most recipes seem to need 😕

Levelling up is pretty good, the way XP reduces to stop you farming low level mobs works well, but you can still sacrifice drops.

Confused about how the whole taking over unclaimed forts thing works (or perhaps you can't do it on your own?).

Would by nice to have an EU Infected server to play on.

Small note, The Duelist ability that causes bleed on hit does not drop the bleed when you die whilst fighting bosses.

Against both a mega boss and a king Ive had instances where my bleed effect was still applied after resurrecting and I was flickering between harvesting mode and combat tray on about a two second interval. This had the effect of me coming within a hundred meters of either boss and them auto locking onto me, even when in stealth, and immediately killing me as we were in the process of resetting. The boss resets otherwise but just continually takes the small amount of damage.

5 hours ago, CurvedVacuum said:

My 2p's worth after playing single player (I know its an MMO) for a few days and finally getting to level 30:

Targeting saplings is fiddly - have to get the positioning to the right of the tree for it to highlight and be targetable.
After losing stamina and mining ore (or creatures for hide), will randomly refuse to use the pick / knife again (does melee attack) until you move away and go back to the thing being harvested.
Got stuck on roof in Eternal world start area one time by walking into the corner. Was eventually able to free myself.
Add option to save login password would be good.
Got stuck in a hole during the pig escort quest on the starter world, requiring alt-P to escape. Also this should be the world you should be encouraged to start with first rather than the Eternal world which has little to do for a new player.
Would be good to be able to add waypoints on the map. Navigation is a bit annoying (open map, check direction you are facing, close map, re-orient, repeat).

Destroying items - have to drag onto Inventory header bar - not obvious and found out by trial and error.
Took boots from a loot chest in a village straight to my armour slot and lost the boots I was wearing.
Nearly every time quitting game pops up an ACR error report prompt, hangs forever on 'Submitting reports. Please wait...' progress bar doesn't go up from 0 (0 CPU used).
Getting given two lowspec axes randomly is a bit annoying every time you enter a new map (though the rotten apples are handy).
Why do you have to dismount when eating?

For SP, it seems very grindy. Its not worth making anything beyond the basic harvesting gear (assuming you can use it - I can't) which needs replacing far too often (one pick will only last around 2 rocks or so). While self-made gear seems to have better stats (for a nice change to most other games) than that from loot drops, it requires far more effort for the slight benefit gained. Would be nice to be able to repair gear that you have spent an age getting the resources for and crafting.

Food prep - takes far too many resources (a lot of which are hard to come by) to make anything beyond the basic recipes and is not really worth the effort as food goes down fairly fast anyway. Also never been able to find foil which most recipes seem to need 😕

Levelling up is pretty good, the way XP reduces to stop you farming low level mobs works well, but you can still sacrifice drops.

Confused about how the whole taking over unclaimed forts thing works (or perhaps you can't do it on your own?).

Would by nice to have an EU Infected server to play on.

You say that the Starter world should be where players are encouraged to start rather than the Eternal Kingdom. I totally agree. Isn't that what the label 'Starter World' tells you?

Also, on EU Infected, from time to time we do have that.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

macdeath_sig.png

I had an idea about cleaning up the buff/debuff UI. Might do a full write up-later, but I felt I should post this now before I forget.

Right now, all buffs and debuffs appear as a list on the right side of with screen with an icon and a name. Because of the amount of unique buffs and debuffs, the whole right hand side of the screen tends to fill up completely and you can't see anything on that side of the screen. It's be much more compact if just the icons of the buffs and debuffs showed up on screen, then you could organize them into rows of 5 or 10. Maybe even separate the debuffs and the buffs for easier readability.

Now, we got rid of the text with the names of the buffs and debuffs. How will I ever know if one of my buffs got applied since I only memorized the name and not the icon?! Well, something that Guild Wars 2 does is that they put both the buff/debuff icon and it's name into their power tool tips. ACE could do something similar and restructure the power tooltips to include the name and icon of the buff/debuff. Here's an example:

Guild_Wars_2_Screenshot_2021.04.29_-_01.

As you can see, this power lists the names and icons of the buffs and debuffs on it's tool tip, and all they show on the UI is the icon for the buffs and debuffs. ACE could save sooo much screen space if the UI/UX team can figure out how to do something similar.

(Hopefully needless to say, but you should still be able to mouse over the debuffs on you to read what it does if you don't know where it came from)

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Feedback on Motherlode farming:

To be blunt, it sucks.  The motherlode takes forever to kill with many stamina rests and the rewards are rather low % chance of what you actually need. Meanwhile despite hitting a "motherlode" you actually end up getting resources much more slowly than you would hitting the small nodes in the same zone.  Additionally the hoop of needing someone else to hit motherlodes with is a real impediment to doing them with any real frequency.  And to make it worse the ore drops and anyone can pick it up so if something valuable does drop someone can be a jerk and just instantly grab it every time.  It just feels bad from every conceivable angle pretty much.

EDIT:  I should be clear that I'm aware of ranked differences in harvesting nodes and I harvested the same rank motherlodes next to the same rank small nodes for comparison.  I could completely eliminate the small nodes solo within a single stamina bar and consistently yielded high amounts of materials with several levels of plentiful drops active (blue exploration + food + potion buff).  The motherlode with someone else helping took many stamina bars and yielded, far less resources for the time spent even if it wasn't split between 2 people.

What I'd like to see:

- Motherlodes health/resistance dramatically lowered and can be done solo.  Anything beyond 3 times as long as a small node is simply too much time watching a stamina bar and makes the loop incredibly tedious. 
- Non-motherlode exclusive resources drop in greater abundance.  A motherlodes should always be more efficient than harvesting small nodes even normal resources.
- More players per motherlode increase the rare material drop rate significantly and normal resource abundance slightly.  So more players is more efficient, but you can still solo them if you need to. 
- If multiple players are hitting the same motherlode each get their own instanced ore drops. 

Edited by Ralathar44
Clarification.

People shouldnt be rewarded for capping and not keeping it, stop capping when a opponent comes and coming back later, nor sneaky capping stuff.

Capping and not keeping it: Just happened with me. I was distracted and didnt see the events, luckly i roamed near and saw the god outpost be capped. "oh poorly made dergs", i thought. Ran there but as soon as i attacked the dude he used the champ run away jumps (a gap closer you say? Not in my experience), mounted and got away. I didnt even bother chasing. That shouldnt be a thing. Dude was rewarded for running away. He certainly took the buff so he doesnt give a damn I took the outpost back.

Proposal to fix it: I have said for months now that god buffs should only be active if you control it, that is basic map control stuff. No idea why it is still not the case.

Stop capping when a opponent comes and coming back later: This was the fight before the one above. Fessor was capping a tower, I got up there kicked his ass and he bailed. Dont blame him (I blame the fact the ladder doesnt work which made me both hesitate AND take fall damage, I blame the fact he ulted 3 times, I blame the fact he managed to bandage thanks to ulting/running away and face tanking because it's not broken by damage). Anyway, the fact is I had no choice but chase him. If I stood there and capped he would just wait till I moved and capped it. So in a sort of way him giving up on the objective and bailing put ME at disvantage.

Proposal to fix it: Create an advantage for the person who won the outpost to cap it. For example, if when a person capped an outpost a pair or Elites spawned, then the advantage changes to the one who took it. Now the person who ran has to either retreat and come back quick OR give up on the objective for good. That way I would have simply taken the easy win and capped the outpost, once i got it I could just keep an eye out. Specially since alerts could be changed to be sent on NPC attacked and not killed (another duh imho).

Sneaky capping stuff: Basically the second option on the scenario above. We all have gone through this, you react to an event, kill the enemies, take back the outpost, and go back to doing your stuff. Last thing you know, when you open the map, said outpost is under the enemy control. Crazy I have to say it but that shouldnt be a thing.

Proposal to fix: Same as above. Once we cap it spawn some mobs. Just so now the owners has a slight advantage. Not the strongest npcs so it becomes one sided, so no Captains and no Rez rangers. In this case their work simply as attack alerts.

Feedback on the time it takes to cap PVP objectives:

Capture timers are excessive atm.  It puts huge amounts of downtime in your play after capturing something.  Even just a random camp that isn't an outpost or fort takes minutes to cap.  Given the long period of vulnerability a captured point has after you capture it, I don't see any real reason to make caps take so long.  I'd much rather see something be capped and then recapped than everyone capping being forced to sit there bored for 10 minutes straight.  All cap times are at least double what they should be and are definitely much longer than other titles in the RVR subgenre.

Edited by Ralathar44

I've been playing for a couple months now and want to provide some thoughts. Up front - I love this game and see myself playing it for a long time. I like the different things it provides and it has a really good foundation to build in more features as it evolves. I have had a lot of solo time in the different worlds and also joined a large guild a month ago.

New Player Feedback:
- The Swift Mount need sucks for a new player joining a guild. When I started with group activities I was always falling behind the pack and missing the fun encounters which made my introduction to the guild frustrating for both myself and the group. Also when I got a recipe to make a swift mount, it was confusing to figure out how to craft it. Maybe make upgrading a mount to Swift as part of the new player experience or just make Swift mounts much more rare?

- Please please please look into creating an Auction House. I think the game could have a good economy if UX friendly tools were in place to provide players that ability to buy/sell/trade more easily. This would also allow solo or small groups to have more success in crafting, harvesting and being merchants. On this note, I would have "account level" and "dregs level" marketplaces since the change to Equippable Only campaigns (great change btw) has impacted the value of certain items in campaigns. This could lend itself to having different campaigns set up with different scarce resources leading to interesting strategies.

- The game needs a built in friend management system. In the beginning it was nice meeting other new players and grouping up, but there was no way to save their name or see their online status. This makes it difficult to work on a group to play with or even seed new guild possibilities. This lent itself to being solo as a new player which is not a great experience for Crowfall. 

- Currently there can be a lot of frustration for new players in the open world PvP experience. The current player base has a large population of experienced players with decent/good gear. In adhoc encounters as a new player you will have a very low chance of being successful. I don't think this is a problem for the game, but could definitely be a problem for new player retention. (sorry, don't have an idea on how to change it)

HungerDome Feedback:
- The timing of the tournament feels weird. Crowfall's bread and butter is the idea of a "Throne War" and I think it has a good foundation of providing that, but HungerDome in its current state doesn't provide anything towards that vision. What if there was a prize pool put behind a Dregs campaign - or a series of Dregs campaigns? I imagine it would provide a lot of fierce competition playing a true campaign where all guilds are invested. There are plenty of competitors in the BR/MOBA space that do it really well, I don't think Crowfall should try to push it's game through HD.

If I were to decide on a pivot with HD, I would integrate it into Dregs campaigns as a type of Middle Ages Tournament - give it some flavor like a Challenge of the <Insert God(s) Name>. Have scheduled events in the campaign where guilds could compete in HD for prizes to help them win the campaign. HD could still be played outside of Dregs as it is done today.

Feedback on In game Social Tools:

Non-existent.  No friends list, no in game guild functions, etc.  This isn't even bare bones, it literally just does not exist in any practical manner.  Even the backend mechanical functionality of these systems barely seems to exist.  Whereas an MMORPG would normally have it's own social UI tab/page and guild tab/page, Crowfall makes has none of this and indeed not only do you have to go outside the game to a 3rd party website to join a guild but currently guilds cannot be created without paying additional $.

This includes alot of QOL features such as seeing party members on the map too.  Though the compass markers are nice.

random comments: (from 10minutes of testing)
- Not very user friendly controls (i'd expect skyrim quality mouse+keyboard+camera controls), and in general, not following "standards" for this kind of games..
- Looting, you need to point at the body to loot, feels cumbersome
- Cannot run..
- camera is too close to player, i'd like to zoom out little bit more
- UI system difficult and too complicated (probably wouldn't be interested to spend time on learning it, compared to some other game where its simple enough to use)
- Huge "lobby" building, never liked those lobbies where you need to run 2km to visit another store or character

but still looks interesting, could play if its easy enough to pickup, without spending time trying to learn how to equip knife..

I really tried giving this game a shot. First, it didnt even start up correctly. Black screen was all i could see. Surprisingly the game started after i tabbed out and in a couple times. Once i was in campaign selection i was lost. Didnt know where to start. Luckily i clicked the right server.. it should not be a gamble to start your game correctly as a new player.

At least in the german version of the game distances are presented in MINUTES ? How is that a thing? How should i know how many minutes my arrows as a bowie are traveling to hit an elk. Really uncomfortable. Same goes for Questing. No minimap. Just a compass. Who thought this was a good idea? To get a sense of orientation you have to open world map which is designed to confuse new players even more...

Once you figured out that the compass is your only way to reach the "?"-symbol for your quest you start to wonder: "What was i supposed to do again?" And there is no freaking live-progress questbar. You have to open up the whole questlog via menu and momentarily break your gameflow.

Im sorry but this is unbearable even when only playing to lvl 5 or 6.

I usually dont complain but my standards for a game that has backers who provided millions of $$$ i expect something more than a school project.

P.S. I closed the game. Crash-handler asked if i wanted to submit the crashlog because apparently closing the game via menu is not correct? Should i Alt+F4? Well nevertheless, the crash-handler crashed and didnt send anything for the last 5 minutes :D Is this an out of season april's fools joke?

I started playing as I saw it had PVE elements but found the PVE quests very 2 dimensional and lacking in substance i.e. lacking in story/progression and essentially being made of fetch quests and then after a few levels being forced into a faction v faction area without any story. Not sure if this is reflective on the final product but I'mma pass on this one I think. PVP MMORPGs aren't my thing.

38 minutes ago, Wardog.x82 said:

I started playing as I saw it had PVE elements but found the PVE quests very 2 dimensional and lacking in substance i.e. lacking in story/progression and essentially being made of fetch quests and then after a few levels being forced into a faction v faction area without any story. Not sure if this is reflective on the final product but I'mma pass on this one I think. PVP MMORPGs aren't my thing.

How did you miss that it was a PvP focused game before you even installed it?

macdeath_sig.png

Hi, long time MMO gamer, rarely dabble in PvP outside of Warhammer Online back in the day, so maybe I'm not your core audience. That said, the PvE content from level 1-12 (which I did this morning) is fine as an introduction, but it feels like just going through the motions. "Take this quest, go to this shrine, take another quest, go to this shrine." Not sure what you could do to improve upon that initial "wow" factor/sense of engagement.

The lore and concept of Crowfall is really cool. Will continue to keep an eye on things!

First thing I noticed was the movement and targeting system, really not a fan of this style and find it quite difficult to manage.

I prefer more of a tab targeting sort of system like WoW or GW2 and being able to move with he mouse is a must, as someone who is less able this is a deal breaker for me

so while the game looks fun and is an interesting premise i couldn't play for more than about 30 mins before i became unable to continue

Edited by Runkies
Spelling