Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 4/28/2021

4 minutes ago, Little_Sunflower said:

If this is implemented all corpses should have lootable skulls, not only those where you behead the corpse.

Or have a % chance for a skull drop normally and beheading someone gives you for sure skull and temp buff.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Played last night with my friend from start of Starter Island/Tutorial through it's completion. Then we went to the infected world server (as the last quest in the starter area describes) to get onto

Feedback on Motherlode farming: To be blunt, it sucks.  The motherlode takes forever to kill with many stamina rests and the rewards are rather low % chance of what you actually need. Meanwhile des

i just fall in a trap between stones

Just now, Ralathar44 said:

Or have a % chance for a skull drop normally and beheading someone gives you for sure skull and temp buff.

decapping does have a small chance to full heal you (This shouldnt be a chance tbh though and be 100% tbh though)

Veeshan Midst of UXA

In the hungerdome your opponents can stop beheading too easily because releasing the crow is instant. Getting the skulls from kills needs to be so that your opponents cant stop it from happening as revenge.

4 minutes ago, Little_Sunflower said:

In the hungerdome your opponents can stop beheading too easily because releasing the crow is instant. Getting the skulls from kills needs to be so that your opponents cant stop it from happening as revenge.

they need to make it so there a 20-30 second delay before u can release tbh aswell so it harder to lock down rezz point just by instant rezzing and this allows decap to occur too

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Feedback on Respc availability:

I know this is a moneymaker point for you guys but I think there should be at least some way for non-VIP to respect.  Even if you have to grind out like 50k-100k.

Also, because of how complex domains are, I think every new character should receive 1 free respec at 30.  Figuring out domains is an absolute cluster for your average player.  Please don't punish them for your design decisions being too complex to properly understand after the very short time it takes to hit 30.  Especially since this creates a quit point in the most vulnerable time window of a new player deciding to stick with your game.

Feedback on specific ability:

Champion move "Neckbreaker" might be a little too overloaded.  Capable of doing 2,200+ damage per cast, twice in a row, AOE, instant, breaks out of CC, etc. 

19 hours ago, Pystkeebler said:

Archdruid still feels a bit... off. I think it's primarily due to the inconsistency of blight bombs, and the under performance of the Archdruid promotions blight upgrade compared to the Earthwarden and Stormcaller. On top of this, all Druid promotions feel like, once they get to the point of choosing a promotion, Essence becomes practically a negligible resource. I would recommend the following changes:

• Change Archdruid Blight to explode NEW life orbs created within the field, similar to the functionality of Shatter Storm.
    • I think this would greatly improve the consistency of the promotion, and still have it function as a stack busting tool that punishes clustered groups that don't pay attention.
  • Add a secondary resource to Druids for Orbs (Life/Storm) that resembles Frostweaver Ice Strores. Orbs should regenerate at a set tick rate that is faster for Earthwarden and slower for other professions.
    • I think this would add an extra dimension to playing and designing the class, giving them another resource that could be used to power-up abilities much like dominance for Champs.
    • This would also drive more skill based decision making around using orbs, instead of just spamming them out.
    • Paired with the first change above, this would ensure that the burst potential on Blight bombs is constrained, and allow for easier tuning of the damage and healing potential of orbs.

Another thought on resources and hybrid damage-healing. It's really hard for a hybrid class to feel playable right now. Splitting stats to get sufficient AP and SP to flex is practically impossible. Even if you try to focus on damage or healing you still feel subpar compared to the Earthwarden or Stormcaller, and lose the 'hybrid' identity.

One concept that has worked well in other games is a seesaw mechanic where your damage powers up your healing and vice-versa. So if you play effectively switching between roles you can achieve the output of either an Earthwarden or Stormcaller for short bursts. For example, using the orbs resource described, healing could grant Storm orbs that yield increased AP/Damage modifier, and doing damage could grant Life orbs that give increased SP/Healing modifier. At any rate, something is needed to allow the class to more effectively fill the "hybrid" niche 

If you want to keep the building materials you earnt during the NPE in the Sun temple area, at the end of your quest there when asked to Recall to Earth temple, you cannot do so since you have building materials in your bank.

I’d recommend putting a bank in the Sun temple town, or disabling this rule on the God’s Reach server.

A lot of the outpost game for Conquest victory seems to be focused on nightcapping instead a focus on small guild engagement. Part of this is, the larger a guild you grow, the greater breadth of characters there are who might be inclined to seek the latest hour of outposts.

It might be a bit tiresome after a while, but I’m not exactly sure the right direction to address the issue common in pvp games.

In dregs, the loss of deeper season effects, like winter’s deeper shade of blue and snow all over the ground, deeper orange in autumn has real contributed to loss of atmosphere in the world.

We did also lose interactivity with the seasons, when Plentiful Harvest lost its determination by season. Our behaviour to the seasons did make the world more believable, but understandably the mechanic had to be removed.

So the graphics of the seasons would be nice to bring back in a world that isn’t so believable by its sparsity (however great work on the water!); but of course, if it was affecting fps, things as they are are much preferable.

UI suggestion: It's much more natural to move items you want to use from the inventory to the character sheet, and not form the inventory to the power bar while having skills tab open. I suggest adding the quickslot bar slots to the character sheet.

Posted (edited)

If you are in a guild, have the kingdom tabs and in a group you cant see the events tabs.

Today a group managed to take out all guards twice despite me being aware of them being in the map. Simply because i was focused on the general and kingdom tabs.

There is no need for the tabs name to need to be a thing. Use symbols instead so all tabs are always visible. Also the events tabs should come before the combat log, so worst case the player cant see that one which is less of an issue.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Guards, specifically Fort guards, seem in a bit of a weird spot.

In the fort guards case they are worth 1 player each so it feels on small scale they they end up overshadowing players.

Playing on infected earlier today i gave the call to meet the enemies away from the guards simple because otherwise itd be no fun.

I think itd be better if guards (all guards) really became support npcs. Really big health (and/or really high armor), low dps, low ish healing, control like pulls, slows etc.

Couple this with events being sent at guard attack and wed be set.

Oh, and itd fit nicely with my idea of quick respawning guards at capture i proposed some time ago.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:20 PM, Nikko said:

@RunkiesTab targeting would ruin the function of alot of damage abilities in the game. The point of non-tabbed targeting is that i can shoot an arrow at you, but your big tanky friend with plate armor and a zillion hit points can jump in front of the arrow and take the damage. With tab targeting that is not possible.

Mouse movement is most likely coming and they do have it on the list.

That isn't exactly true. DDO has a system where if you shoot an arrow, without certain feats, a different enemy may block it but take damage while a friend can block it. With a trait, you will always hit your target, except they can still physically dodge side to side and make the shot miss.

Trying to find out how poisons work and I have been confused on the wording and how buffs and debuffs now work.

Diffusion "deals damage to your target. Damage scales with more than 2 poisons active." Ok, poisons active on whom. Me? The target?

Sap strike applies a poison to the target if you have a toxin equipped, but it looks like it applies a buff to my self and a debuff to the enemy. I honestly can't tell since I can't hover over any buffs to get the details.

I have Poisoned Weapons as well, says it deals poison damage with melee attacks. Ok but that isn't what diffusion is talking about.

I would love tool tips to be a bit more clear. The person who posted about GW2s tool tips has a point. It could save screen space real estate and clarify things and that could go a long way.

1 hour ago, Grithok said:

Trying to find out how poisons work and I have been confused on the wording and how buffs and debuffs now work.

Diffusion "deals damage to your target. Damage scales with more than 2 poisons active." Ok, poisons active on whom. Me? The target?

Really wish they would stick with the nomenclature of 'Toxin' meaning a buff applied to you (i.e. Deadly Toxin instead of Deadly Poison) and use Poisoned Status and Poison Damage to refer to what is applied to the enemy. So Diffusion would then read something like "Deals damage to your target scaling with the number of Toxin buffs you have." Would also very much help the Contagion domain skill that spreads "poisons", which apparently only means poisoned statuses.

1 hour ago, Grithok said:

I honestly can't tell since I can't hover over any buffs to get the details.

You can do this if you bring up your inventory to release the mouse. The buffs should shift over to the left of your character sheet and you can hover over them. You can also bring up your spellbook to see active passives.

Posted (edited)

Siege timer capping feedback:

When capping a point if the siege timer expires the point immediately locks into it's current state.  This is a very poor experience.  IMO if the attackers are actively capping the point at the time siege timers expires then the point should enter a sort of "sudden death".  If the attackers can hold the point then they can still flip it.  If the defenders can push them off the point for at least 5-10 seconds then defenders should win.

But to have completely dominated a point and be actively taking it and just be told nope, you have the suprerior fighting force but it doesn't matter is completely anti-pvp.  It encourages last minute ninjas relying on the response being too slow to push them out in time, even if the attackers would have no real chance against the other group.  Basically it encourages how to best PVE forts/keeps rather than PVP them.

At least in night capping you have the theoretical ability to fight back, populations just vary by time of day.  But in a last minute ninja cap you do not even get the ability to defend if its done properly.

Edited by Ralathar44

Feedback on Stone resource naming:

Currently there is no autosort and so world bank searching or manual personal chest organization (EK) are the primary ways to avoid playing the inventory game where you hunt for things for way too long.

Search function for hide, wood, and ore all work well.  You search "hide", "wood", or "ore" and get all relevant options.  However this is not the case for stone.  Stone needs better naming so it can be searched up easily via the world bank.  And hopefully one day autosort and more inventory categories in your world bank will be available.

Feedback on inventory management:

When placing items into a bag/box/chest items should automatically stack with existing items in the inventory.  This is currently not happening in personal chests and there are occasions it doesn't happen in personal inventory when looting as well.