Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 4/28/2021

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pystkeebler said:

You can do this if you bring up your inventory to release the mouse. The buffs should shift over to the left of your character sheet and you can hover over them. You can also bring up your spellbook to see active passives.

I really need to just sit on a testing dummy a bit to check. Also I have had a new issue. What does suppression do. Where does it tell you this. Do I have to have someone go suppress me to find out.

Google hasn't found me much and I only see it because the vandal promotion class says backstab now causes suppress. If it was on the new backstab tool tip, that would be great. If the crowpedia had buffs and debuffs listed, that would also be great.

Edited by Grithok
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Played last night with my friend from start of Starter Island/Tutorial through it's completion. Then we went to the infected world server (as the last quest in the starter area describes) to get onto

Feedback on Motherlode farming: To be blunt, it sucks.  The motherlode takes forever to kill with many stamina rests and the rewards are rather low % chance of what you actually need. Meanwhile des

i just fall in a trap between stones

Posted (edited)

Feedback on stealth:

Right now I don't feel like there are enough options vs stealth.  Stealth should have the abililty to gank people with good timing and target selection with very little risk,  Even though I dislike ganking and consider it not to be PVP (IMO PVP is only present when both sides have a realistic chance of victory if people are equally skilled) Its a form of gameplay many folks like and should be supported.

However, it should be it's own loop.  Stealth vs counterstealth.  In kind of a rock paper scissors or rock paper paper situation there should be stealth wars.  People roaming looking for ganks and people actively protecting their areas.  Dark Age of Camelot had powerful stealthers as well but in general stealth countered other stealth and certain classes like Reavers and Valkyries worked as good detectors or deterrents.  So stealth gameplay was much more involved and careful than it currently is in Crowfall.

Since Crowfall has opted for complete visibility without an ability counter there is no chance to see stealth before they hit someone, or before I hit someone if I'm playing stealth myself.   Also current counters are very binary.  Heads up vs not heads up is stealth farked vs stealth runs rampant for example.

Back when I was a less experienced gamer I farking HATED stealth in DAOC.  To death.  Now I've matured and grown up I still kind of hate it, but I also greatly appreciate both the design and what it did for that game in how that game was designed and respect it greatly in how it was implemented.  A series of soft counters that still relied on skill vs non-skill vs binary on/off scenarios that largely determine the battle without regards to skill at all.  And it was also hilarious to see stealthers get they butts beat by friars pretending to be cloth casters :D.  Just the fact that sort of deception via gearing/class was possible was great.

I think the perception skill does allow for this and with some smart tweaking of various classes and the perception skill a softer and less binary skill focused balance can be achieved.  Maybe even let SPR/Con have some small perception gains to add value to those stats.

Edited by Ralathar44

Feedback on Harvesting targeting:

An issue I've encountered during harvesting is that I'll be hitting a rock/tree/ore and a nearby mob will wander near the node.  Even though my targeting is firmly in the harvest object I'll then shoot the mob, breaking my harvest flow.  While I support player targets having higher priority than nodes (with harvesting tool out) I don't think mobs having higher priority than nodes (with harvest tool out) is a great idea.

I absolutely love a looot about the game, the only thing I felt was a little annoying was the mounting system. I'm playing as a centaur and the centaur has a passive specific to the race where you don't unmount if you take combat damage. I just find it a little inconvenient when I interact with a store, a npc, or even try to eat food that it unmounts me. For that reason it makes travel in the game a little cumbersome. But other than that, I greatly enjoy this game and hope to see the implemented into the game. Keep up the great work :) !

Posted (edited)

The EK list is too hard to navigate, if the game's economy is going to rely on them, there needs to be a better system for finding EKs that are online and EKs with active vendors. I think it would be much better if you only show EKs that are online in the ALL list:

FFFFFFFFF.png

It would be even better if we took this one step further and made it so there was a selector that told us if the EK has ACTIVE vendors in it. Add a little box like this:

unknown.png

Maybe take it one step further after that and add a box for EKs that have PVP enabled!

TLDR: Remove EKs from the ALL list that are offline. Remove filters for EKs that I am the Vassal or Noble in. I know where to find those and they're already on the "my kingdoms" tab. Remove those and add "Vendors" and "PVP" filters and we'll be golden.

Edited by Bzra

I just started playing last night (5/2/2021) and I really enjoyed a good majority of the ideas and designs but the list of cons is starting to grow by the hour. The combat is fun and the game looks great but the load times are kinda long even with an SSD. The life cycle of the world is a cool idea as well. 

My main complaint is that there is no repair option. I don't want to constantly farm the same materials and keep making new axes and hammers. If I get a god roll on their stats I would want to keep using it for the best farming experience. Not being able to repair just adds chores to the game imo. 

The death timer is way too long. 10 seconds to release and 30 seconds to a minute to revive when the statue is very close to the body. Its not fun waiting to revive and just makes me want to tab out and watch youtube or check twitter. Takes me out of the game completely. 

The character build options are very nice and are fun to play around with but not being able to chance your talents or skill points is just lame. I don't want to make a character and level it up a bunch to find out I picked something useless to its build or find out there is an OP talent that I didn't take. Just add an npc that does this for you for some gold. 

I hope this game makes it out of beta one day but there are clear fixes that need to take place before it would be enjoyed fully. Maybe these are just things that bother me but as someone that plays WoW and ESO I wouldn't stop playing those for this game knowing that I can't even repair. These are common things that all MMOs have and players are used to. Please fix these issues. I would love to play it more but just can't stand these little quality of life features that are missing. 

Powers' description need to be tightened.

"Periodically  does X when Y happen" - How often? What are the chances of it happening? Is there an ICD?

"This attack does increased damage against enemy below 35% health (or enemy with X status effect)." - How much extra damage? +10%? +50%?

i just finished the first island and im gonna be honest , i got bored , there was not enough fighting all i did was talking to random NPCs because the quests said so , at least until level 10 its not a good introduction its just talking with not enought combat.