Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Excellent job promoting ECS

1 minute ago, APE said:

I agree, sports are known for throwing rules away if cheating can't be prevented 100%.

Do you acknowledge there is a possible issue or does making sure everyone can play far outweigh the integrity of the competition?

Not sure what you are talking about. ACE can, should, and does work to protect the integrity of the competition. Nobody is suggesting giving up and "throwing rules away."

Yes, cheating is a potential issue that ACE should continue to take seriously. Your idea happens to be a bad idea, but that doesn't mean nothing else can be done.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

Not sure what you are talking about. ACE can, should, and does work to protect the integrity of the competition. Nobody is suggesting giving up and "throwing rules away."

Yes, cheating is a potential issue that ACE should continue to take seriously. Your idea happens to be a bad idea, but that doesn't mean nothing else can be done.

Besides things like hacks, macros, and exploiting bugs, teaming is likely the largest potential issue in this type of system. Not taking one of the easiest steps to deter teaming isn't protecting integrity as much as possible.

Trying to be objective and accurate viewing 20 players mashed together isn't an easy task regardless of the angle, recording, or viewer.

I disagree with my idea being bad, but you are entitled to your opinion. I believe it is bad making it relatively easy to team in a cash tournament.

31 minutes ago, APE said:

I agree, sports are known for throwing rules away if cheating can't be prevented 100%.

Do you acknowledge there is a possible issue or does making sure everyone can play far outweigh the integrity of the competition?

I think they didnt have enough interest and couldn't fill out the roster. Yes, 450 isnt much for an mmo launch, but it was too much in this case. What choice do they really have but allow any teams no matter how it looks. Better to have the appearance of collusion then the reality of no players.

1 minute ago, mystafyi said:

I think they didnt have enough interest and couldn't fill out the roster. Yes, 450 isnt much for an mmo launch, but it was too much in this case. What choice do they really have but allow any teams no matter how it looks. Better to have the appearance of collusion then the reality of no players.

The tournament is already started, is what it is. Moving forward is what I'm going on about.

33 minutes ago, APE said:

Moving forward is what I'm going on about.

Speaking of moving forward, There is a couple NDA's about to lift. Cant believe 2021 is almost half over and still a desert for mmorpgs. 

Posted (edited)

In reality groups joining from the same guild is irrelevant for as much as both sides want to complain about it ACE is the sole judge and jury. If there is even a hint that the teams did some thing shady they can be disqualified by ACE, and don’t think ACE won’t if there’s a chance those actions may shine a bad light on  tournament.

Edited by Dakoth
13 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Speaking of moving forward, There is a couple NDA's about to lift. Cant believe 2021 is almost half over and still a desert for mmorpgs. 

You really can't believe that a game system that's proved to be a money sink for most newcomers isn't chock full of releases?  When you reaaaaally think about it, is it that surprising?