Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ECS'21 - QUALIFIER EVENTS EVENT DAY - CHECK-IN PROCEDURE

EVENT DAY - CHECK-IN PROCEDURE

• When you arrive and log into the Queue for the ECS event, the Team Leader must ping in Discord, Tiggs#0175 - to communicate that your full Team has logged in and is in the Queue as a Murder of five players. 
  • Remember, all Teams are required to be in the Queue 10 minutes prior to match start; if all 5 Team Members are not in by 5 minutes prior to start the Team is Disqualified. 
  • Teams will all be logging into the Crowfall Tournament Server; if you have not done so, you need to download that server now at Crowfall.com/client.  Do not wait until the time of the tournament to install and patch the client!
  • Make sure that you continually check for updates, up through the day before the event.
  • Watch the HungerDome Lobby chat channel window for any updates.
  • If you have any issues, please reach out to the Crowfall Community Manager, Tiggs#0175 -- you can ping her on Discord if you have any issues at any time during the match.
  • If you experience any technical issues, if someone in your group is disconnected from the match or for any reason does not make it into the queue or game - keep playing - we will review the issue post match with the Team Leader and decide the correct course of action with respect to other options. Matches will be played regardless of issues and any further action is at the sole discretion of ACE.
  • For those that do experience any other issues, the Team Leader should email the Event Director, DebySue Wolfcale//debysue@artandcraftentertainment.com and we will work with you.

RE-APPLYING FOR LATER QUALIFIERS

• Teams that compete in a Qualifier, but failed to place in a position to move on, may re-apply to compete in a subsequent Qualifier (as long as there is one available).  Participation will be subject to the application process, as before.

CHEATING

• Cheating is strictly prohibited.
  • Collusion between teams is strictly prohibited.
  • The use of any tools/technology to alter the game is strictly prohibited as is collusion; for a full list of actions that will result in disqualification please see the Official Rules.
  • Participants found violating these rules will face disciplinary action, which could include disqualification from the tournament, future tournaments, and possible permanent suspension from the Crowfall game service.

EXTENDED PERIOD FOR APPLYING TO TOURNAMENT

The period for applying to participate in the final Qualifier Rounds has been extended as noted below: 

• Qualifiers 3 & 4: Friday May 7 at Noon PDT / 2 PM CDT
  • Qualifiers 5 & 6: Thursday May 13 at Noon PDT / 2 PM CDT

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

10 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Teams that compete in a Qualifier, but failed to place in a position to move on, may re-apply to compete in a subsequent Qualifier (as long as there is one available).  Participation will be subject to the application process, as before.

This is a huge format change to make the day of the tournament beginning. Takes all of the wind out of the qualifiers being important when you can just reapply and get multiple chances PLUS wildcard opportunities.

I have issues in general with the formatting of this tournament leaning so heavily on single match performance, which is counter to how other BR type games run their tournaments. Normally it is an aggregate score over multiple matches (sometimes factoring in kills and stuff) to see who is the overall best instead of a single match performance where someone could get lucky/unlucky.

I hope ACE learns from this to improve future events. Good luck with qualifiers folks!

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, galvia said:

This is a huge format change to make the day of the tournament beginning. Takes all of the wind out of the qualifiers being important when you can just reapply and get multiple chances PLUS wildcard opportunities.

I have issues in general with the formatting of this tournament leaning so heavily on single match performance, which is counter to how other BR type games run their tournaments. Normally it is an aggregate score over multiple matches (sometimes factoring in kills and stuff) to see who is the overall best instead of a single match performance where someone could get lucky/unlucky.

I hope ACE learns from this to improve future events. Good luck with qualifiers folks!

There are more empty slots than teams, so it was a good call to allow folks to re-apply for a future qualifier event.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

2 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

There are more empty slots than teams, so it was a good call to allow folks to to re-apply for a future qualifier event.

I understand that, but does not justify a last second change because their roll out was sloppy and their tournament format is sloppy. I'm a huge advocate for Crowfall, but this entire event has had a ton of issues from the very beginning.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, galvia said:

I understand that, but does not justify a last second change because their roll out was sloppy and their tournament format is sloppy. I'm a huge advocate for Crowfall, but this entire event has had a ton of issues from the very beginning.

I agree that it has been sloppy. Are you suggesting they shouldn't make any attempts to improve on it? That seems silly.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

1 minute ago, MacDeath said:

I agree that is has been sloppy. Are you suggesting they shouldn't make any attempts to improve on it? That seems silly.

I'm suggesting that making a massive stakes change to qualifiers and wild cards completely breaks whatever semblance of competition this event held onto. For any decent team, only the finals matter now.

Naming/Accusing: Openly accusing another player or group of cheating or some other type of misbehavior is not permitted. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not appropriate. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please use the Report tool or send an email directly to support@crowfall.com instead of engaging with the user.

Added to document:

EXTENDED PERIOD FOR APPLYING TO TOURNAMENT

The period for applying to participate in the final Qualifier Rounds has been extended as noted below: 

• Qualifiers 3 & 4: Friday May 7 at Noon PDT / 2 PM CDT
  • Qualifiers 5 & 6: Thursday May 13 at Noon PDT / 2 PM CDT

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 10:55 AM, ACE-Tiggs said:

Teams will all be logging into the Crowfall Tournament Server; if you have not done so, you need to download that server now at Crowfall.com/client.  Do not wait until the time of the tournament to install and patch the client!

Though I was able to log into it in the past, I am unable to log into the Tournament Server, getting a Login Fail, please try again. Do not know if this is a credentials issue or an artifact of the server being down, but am unable to patch as a result. Is this normal? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Anthrage said:

Though I was able to log into it in the past, I am unable to log into the Tournament Server, getting a Login Fail, please try again. Do not know if this is a credentials issue or an artifact of the server being down, but am unable to patch as a result. Is this normal? Thanks!

You can only patch the Tournment Server client IF you have been selected as one of this weekend's Tourney participants.

macdeath_sig.png

4 hours ago, Anthrage said:

You should be able to patch up if you're in one of the qualifiers this weekend. You won't be able to login until your qualifier. 

• ACE-Tiggs locked and unpinned this topic