Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I do not think there is a "feedback" thread set up currently for HD, so thought this was best spot to post it.

Will try to post a couple comments I have had and others have as well.

Name Plates

There has been suggestions to "hide" player names and instead only show their race / promo combination. Additionally some comments about hiding guild plates.

While I can see the purpose for doing so with a small population, i think the need goes away if a large enough player pool. It's a valid idea and wouldn't mind seeing that in the future to see how it plays out.

Hungerdome Itself

1. I think there is a bit too much RNG with the chest amounts. I am not sure if there is a minimum amount per hunger, but would like there to be a minimum of 2 in hunger and 1 every other POI. ("Banks", Forts, Keeps). Additionally I think they should consider adding 1 to the starter village right in front of god statue. Make it a choice to get your 1 easy chest or rush for multiple at hunger at start.
  2. There is a big lull in summer through half way of fall. I feel like some time could be trimmed here and/or the circle could move in a bit faster.
  3. The last circle still needs some work. Some options:
    • Circle should end at about 15-20m Diameter. Want a little room for movement, but not enough that range can kite forever/easily.
    • Once circle is that small should move from one end point to the other. Make people have to constantly reposition.
    • If worried about matching lasting too long, once circle small start giving continuous debuffs. Either PHM (everyone gets healed less) or PDM (everyone takes more dmg). This will cause people to be whittled down without hunger being the RNG decider.

Commentators

I know its harder than it looks, but I would like to hear more about teams comps or the archetypes. Why is that archetype good for HD and for that comp? What are some of the abilities that archetype has and how will that come into play? This could be talked about during down times or at very start. Possibly come up with some pre-written things about each popular archetype and comp. I am sure you could even get teams to help write some stuff as well.

4 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

1. The last circle still needs some work. Some options:
    • Circle should end at about 15-20m Diameter. Want a little room for movement, but not enough that range can kite forever/easily.
    • Once circle is that small should move from one end point to the other. Make people have to constantly reposition.
    • If worried about matching lasting too long, once circle small start giving continuous debuffs. Either PHM (everyone gets healed less) or PDM (everyone takes more dmg). This will cause people to be whittled down without hunger being the RNG decider.

Agree, we need more time from "ppl can't rez" to "4m last circle" to actually fight and kill ppl so result is not determinated by hunger most of times.

- I think you should get random names and Guildtags should be removed to participate until end of the match where it gets revealed. There definetly been some cohesion/favorism with some teams and towards others.
Specifically with guild tags yeah alot will fight eachother however when u have say a 3 way fight betwee n2 team of same guild vs another random one the 2 guilds team will tend to hit the other team first (may be subconsciously doing it but its definite happens more than it should. and this should help reduce this from happened especiallyu in tournament settings.

- the circle definelty need to pause when the size get small say 30m diameters to allow for players some time to naturaly find a winner before the RNG hunger closing all the way.

- There should also be incentive to fight earlier on rather than hide till the end. a small buff say 1% dmg buff per unique player killed to the team would go a long way i feel to balance out the power gap between people playing it dsafe farming and buying lego/purple compared to early agressive team that risk fighting and often misses out on lego gear and so on so the buff would even it out, it would also make watching these tournaments more interesting early on due to more fights happening.

- There realy need tro be longer rezz timers (keep fights can literaly last 10 minutes) had one earliers we killed the other side 20 or so times before the hunger came in and took the spawn away from them otherwise the fighting would of been for eternity dispite one side was constantly dropping. Doesnt help 1 person can block 5 people decapping aswell here so it gets realy hard to take defended keeps even if your killing them only saving grace is you dont have ulti up when u respawn initially otherwise u have a 10 second rezz timer which isnt nearly enough when fight happen close to rezz points. especialy since each death doesnt increase it like inthe dregs

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Just now, FalcoNy said:

Full loot in HD, if you die and ress in a statue, you are naked (like every single BR with gear+respawn system), problem solved.

i think that would make ppl avoid fights more

3 minutes ago, FalcoNy said:

Full loot in HD, if you die and ress in a statue, you are naked (like every single BR with gear+respawn system), problem solved.

have gear break in like 3 deaths could be fine

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

In Winter there should be a stacking team buff for killing players. It can give more damage/defence/max-health/heal-for-kill to all team members. This will provoke players to fight once Winter starts instead of hiding to coin flip the last circle.

Edited by ComradeAma

During a tornament you can t change the state of the game, so we will need to play with this setup untill may 30. 
But i aggree there are a lot of thing that need to be tweked, from map, hunger and archetypes

I'm going to steal @yoink 's idea here because I think it's a possible solution to the no-fighting problem.

12 Teams start

• Spring) Groups can capture forts, gear up, etc.  At the end of spring, the God Statue Respawns go away
  • Summer) By the end of summer, if you don't own a fort (8 forts), you are eliminated.  This would make people fight over the forts.  The respawn timer when you die should be increased so if you own a fort you can't just immediately respawn there after dying. At the end of summer, the fort respawns go away.
  • Fall) By the end of fall, if you don't own a keep you are eliminated.  This would make people fight over keeps.  The respawn timer when you die should be increased so you can't just immediately respawn after dying.  At the end of fall, the Keep respawns go away.
  • Winter) Only 4 teams could be left at this point and they fight over the final circle.

This is just an outline and could be tweaked, but it would provide a flow throughout the match, it would encourage fights, and it would prevent 8 teams from being around for final circle.

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

3 minutes ago, ComradeAma said:

In Winter there should be a stacking team buff for killing players. It can give more damage/defence/max-health/heal-for-kill to all team members. This will provoke players to fight once Winter starts instead of hiding to coin flip the last circle.

Should be throughout the game, like1% bonus dmg per unique player killed, this also means early agression isnt deferential to late game since ur economy wont be as high as the players advoiding fights and theyll often get to the lego vender quicker than people fighting early on aswell so they already be behind and this should even out that gap a little. Also makes it more enjoyable to viewers to watch early game too with fights happening

Veeshan Midst of UXA

One idea i heard on our discord and I think would be interesting to try was every group starting with 5 respawns (all members can rez once or 1 guy can rez 5 times) but each kill increases that by one.

It'd be easy to code too.

An alternative option for increasing incentive to fight is to change scoring. Obviously this won't happen for this tournament, but awarding points for match placement and kills is better than just match placement. For future tournaments, assuming we get there 😛, I would recommend having tournament placement determined by overall scoring, and award the last-man-standing of each round some 'bounty' reward like in-game currency, cash, or swag. Also, anything less than 3 games is basically just decided by RNG for a BR.

But, in the end, this is a marketing event and not an esports event, regardless of what the press releases say. So sit back and enjoy the show folks.

We need to make ppl fight more, so:

PVP in crowfall takes longer than in other MMOs, you cant just burn a player with few seconds, specially on the beggining. That said, fighting on the begginins its just stupid cause you gonna fight for like 5 minutes and will delay all the farming, the killed group will loose anything (cause they have anything) and they will also respawn. So its a waste of time for BOTH. So it cant expect a lot of fights in the beggning.

But we can improve the reward to fight on mid game:

- Bank NPCS sells some vessels (up to green vessels) but only accepting chopped heads as payment.
- Legendary gear aquirable on castle NPC ONLY (the npc inside castle), accepting chopped heads as payment only (1 head = 1 gear of whatever type).
- Purple drops from Bank / Grypho ONLY and they are selled on the NPC on the castle (the one outside), as it is right now.
- Place another vendor on castle courtyard selling ONLY vessels (up to blue vessels), and this one only accept chopped heads as payments (2 heads = 1 vessel).
- Keep chests drops up to blue gear / some white vessels. 
- ONLY THOSE OPTIONS. No lego and purple drops at infected areas or any other random chest elsewhere.

With that, i would expect ppl to fight more for better gear, since some REALLY important items are acquired ONLY by killing players. And there will be extremely hard for a group to get a much better gear than other groups, cause there will be not that much heads available around, making it possible for a group that died sometimes and havent got much good drop, win with a combo of good strategy and a bit of luck.

BUT in order for all this to work, we must change the FINAL of the HD:

- Change the final fog mechanism:

Make those pedestals a kind of a conquestable outpost. Once the game has determined where it gonna ends, the winner will be that group that capture it and holds it for like 3 or 5 minutes. So people CANT wait for the final 30s to fight. You can also make the fog closes on the last 1min on that pedestal, it would be nice too.

About the ECS:

Its running well, organized and have been fun to play and watch, but we need some improvement on how to show it for the viwers: 

- Try to make an overall strengh / weakness of each group before starting. We have 2 minutes once on the HD, before it stars, and once it starts, there isnt much going on, so that time can be used to talk about each comp.
- Do not follow the same group for a long period.

- A little bit more emotion when showing a fight.
- Would be VERY NICE to stream the groups and their coms, but in order for it to workd, it would need all groups to use a tournament discord channel, or something like it.

Making the names the same would help viewers understand what is going on. Right now a team has their registered name and whatever god team name they are given in the HD match. The names on the scoreboard, shield icons in HD, and the death announcement all revolve the god team name. However all the casters and spectators refer the the teams by their registered name. So whenever they look at the scoreboard, there is some pause trying to figure out who is who. Or when a death announcement pops up, you get “Which team just died?” Makes everything more confusing than it needs to be. 

4 hours ago, muffins said:

i think that would make ppl avoid fights more

This is simply not possible. Currently the game is hide until the end and burst healing to survive until hunger kills the competition.