Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 5/3/2021

Update Notes

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Correct me if I'm wrong please, because i want to be wrong. I can't seem to sell any of the gear im finding publicy without a sub? for a beta I already paid $40 for? Is there really no way to sell gear to other players without buying VIP?! For a player that doesnt have much interest in crafting/gathering this is a real killer for me making any progress.

ACE: Hey guys! We got factories!

Crafters: YAY!

ACE: Wait, that's way too easy, here's a bunch of extra mats and a gold sink we'll add after the fact!

Crafters: Booooo!

Would love to know the reasoning behind this change since the changes are a complete kick in the nads.

1 hour ago, Jobin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong please, because i want to be wrong. I can't seem to sell any of the gear im finding publicy without a sub? for a beta I already paid $40 for? Is there really no way to sell gear to other players without buying VIP?! For a player that doesnt have much interest in crafting/gathering this is a real killer for me making any progress.

You can sell loot to NPC vendors for gold. Have you tried that, is that what you are trying to do?

1 hour ago, Jobin said:

You can sell stuff to other players by setting up a vendor in the Free City in a Dregs campaign or in a public Eternal Kingdom.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

My Feedback as a new (druid) player: 

1. The tooltips are very inaccurate.

Example 1: "Shroud of darkness" - [...] giving enemies who strike you a chance to be stunned. - what is a chance supposed to mean? theoretically that can be any value between 0,1-99,9%

Example 2:  "Electrogenesis", and any orb spawning abilities - the orbs are not explained at all, i need to try it basically but resetting points is not easy and trying not available

Example 3: The "smash symbol" which is used as a description sometimes describes timing like "instant" and sometimes something else like "ground aimed"

Example 4: The same smash symbol basically lies to me as it states "instant" (me as player: oh nice instant aoe cast sounds nice) , just realising that there is a (quite long 2-3sec) delay between cast and effect in which my heroe does half a circle dance or something until the ability gets actually casted.

When I'm forced to choose talent trees and not easily can reset or change them, the tooltips should be accurate, otherwise a seemingly good choice and way through the talent tree can end up in a pretty bad or atleast unwanted one.

2.  (This point might be wrong as I just not found out yet how to do it.)

For me there is no obvious way to check and read up the buffs and debuffs that I have on me. There might be ways that I didnt see yet, but I come from "mouse visible mmorpgs" where i can hover over de/buffs and read/understand what they do. Here I just don't know how thats possible, if it is, it's not really intuitive I would guess.

EDIT: I read in the last feedback thread that it's possible by opening ivnentory, so the buffs switch somewhere else on screen and you can hover on it, which sounds extremely counter intuitive and complicated on short buffs/debuffs. The guy in the other thread suggested something like a test dummy which is a GREAT idea, please let that happen, especially with the inaccurate tooltips right now.

Apart from that I like the game idea in general and am looking forward to test and play more, as I am just starting.

The classes, talent trees, the personal "touch" comign with it  are awesome i missed that a lot for a looong time, keep up the good work there!

Edited by Outtacontrol

Top 3 questions I see in infected every day continuously repeated:

- Questions about how crafting works and especially how to level it.
- Questions about what to do, intro quests in infected don't seem to be clear enough to people. (head through runegate quest)
- Questions on how to change faction. 

Should prolly be some in game stuff to guide people through the beginning of infected much much better and especially crafting.

Posted (edited)

Ranger feedback.

SPeSIms.png

What is this bar? The only place it tells me the name of it is on the character creation tool tip that my resource is energy. But that is confusing since I have two yellowish bars and the other one is stamina I guess. This takes too long to figure out.

How do I restore energy?

Rz8VVPc.png

This ability does. For awhile I thought the bar was soul power because of it. But nope, this restores energy. Where does it say that?

MD9vgaa.png

The ranged basic attack also restores energy. Where does it say that at all. Why does this do it and melee does not. Where is that made clear.

EDIT: Turns out, just being in ranged stance returns energy. Where does it say this.

Also I see that straight shot and power shot are different. But unlike other combos, there isn't a combo pop up. So why even have this tool tip looking like a combo. Just have it 3 separate things. Or give it something that doesn't look like a combo.

The only time the charging bar is mentioned in the tool tip is 'fully charged' yet there is no difference between straight shot or power shot. I can not do a single shot without the bar even showing up, so am I only doing power shots? They are the same thing, why are they different here.

unknown.png

Here is the first melee skill you get. Ok, it says it costs energy, but why does it also use the word stamina when it doesn't cost stamina. What does the arrow in a loop mean.

EDIT2: I would list it as a bug that energy does not seem to regen out of combat for the melee tray but I would have to actually know your intent.

Edited by Grithok

I gotta say... I HATE the new guinea idle where they're scratching themselves. I don't know what it is, but I hate everything about it. 😠 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

9 hours ago, Grithok said:

EDIT: Turns out, just being in ranged stance returns energy. Where does it say this.

There's a ranger NPC that gives a quest that explains the mechanics of the class. If you promote to Brigand or Warden, the energy restrictions are removed

giphy.gif

• You should be able to put weapon weights in every weapon, not just Weaponsmithing ones
  • You should be able to make Heavy Shields that increase the Armor they give, or allow Treated Steel as an additive in Shields to make stronger shields.
  • You should be able to make Heavy Runic Weapons
  • Runic weapons need a pass over. Currently, they have 5 lines to experiment on, but you have at most 21 pips to spend. If you choose not to experiment on the Attribute or the Damage Bonus, you're losing out on the benefit of runic weapons. If you do spend points on at least 1 line, you're either making a weapon with less damage or less stats than an advanced, and the increase in Attributes or Damage Bonus isn't worth the loss in the weapon stats. I can maybe see someone using runic weapons with blue or below mats, since then you'd have 4 lines instead of 5, but even then the gems are better worth as jewelry than sigils.
  • Runic weapons should increase attribute cap as well as the attribute.
  • Can we please get the Runic books added to the free vendors on TEST? Very frustrating when you flaw on your only runic recipe.
  • While we're at it, can we also get Stonemasonry and Geomancy components added to the free vendors? Stonemasonry is a hell I'd not wish on my second-to-worst enemy.

giphy.gif

Feedback on cooking crafting flow:

Cooking is too complex and doesn't have a good flow to it.  I'm basically having to write the total ingredients required out on a second document to even cook without tremendous QOL issues.  There is no information to what food does what either so you have to slowly and laboriously go through the too many steps to figure out each food.  Overall cooking is just a cumbersome experience atm.  Kebbabs and juices are really the only thing that feels good to cook atm.  Everyone else is alot of fuss and work for usually very minor gains and I greatly dislike interacting with it because of that.

Also, instead of making us buy 700 cooking pots and foil and etc why don't you have us buy 1 much more expensive one that loses durability with use?  That would keep the gold sink without the ludicrousness of cooking a stew shattering your cooking pot every time.

Similarly, recipes that call for a water flask AND an empty flask seem silly.  We used the water, now we have a clean empty flask.  Did we crunch up the glass into the coffee?  I know the goal there is resource drain but it's not executed well and tbh needing to make empty flasks to make drinks adds to the whole cumbersome process.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, coolster50 said:

There's a ranger NPC that gives a quest that explains the mechanics of the class. If you promote to Brigand or Warden, the energy restrictions are removed

Suggest adding the quest dialog windows for this and many of the other NPE quests and explanatory books to a section of the Crowpedia.

I mean frankly, why stop there? What are buffs/debuffs and their icons? What are the forms of CC and what do they do? How do I level up disciplines/vessels? Where does xyz resource come from? The Crowpedia has the potential to be the best resource for learning the game, and providing players with a helpful in-game FAQ. I hope it gets built out to be far more substantial

Edited by Pystkeebler