Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is there to do if no one is online?

What am I supposed to do if no one is online? Usually when I am on there are at most a couple hundred people on the whole server and even when I go by the raid schedule I cannot find any people. If my character is already max level and there's no one to PvP with do I just gather mats forever? Am I missing something? Are there times when a lot of people are on and the PvP is worth doing?

I enjoyed leveling my character and the crafting system seems interesting enough but I find myself logging on and not having anything to do. Maybe I'm wrong and am just missing something, but it seems to me that unless a LOT more people start playing there just isn't anything to do.

Typically the last day of a campaign is a little bit inactive as players are planning out their exports and exiting the campaign.

There's a new campaign starting up tomorrow and I imagine you'll be seeing quite a few players. Maybe more than you want to see¬†ūüėĄ

Welcome to Crowfall and congrats on reaching level 30. The best way to learn the ropes and get involved in the 30+ gameplay is to join a guild. If you haven't done so already, take a look at recent posts in the Guild Recruitment forum.

There's a new Dregs campaign coming online tomorrow which will give you lots of opportunities to be involved in PvP, advance your character further, and compete for rewards in a Guild vs. Guild campaign:

You may also consider joining the Sun Faction for the upcoming Dregs campaign if you'd rather not commit to a guild.

Generally speaking though, outside of siege windows one can:

• Farm Wartribe camps and PvE PoIs for gold, dust, gear, and sac items which may be used for Divine Favor in Campaigns.
  • Gather materials and Craft items to work on advancing your exploration disciplines.
  • Hunt Thralls at night to find discipline drops to advance your Major/Minor disciplines.
  • Capture outpost to gain Conquest Points during a Campaign.
  • Run caravans for building materials to build up keeps that are owned by your Faction or Guild.
  • Roam around and try to gank other players.
  • Check the events tab for notifications of: Wartribe Chief spawns, Outpost loot chests, and Caravans.
  • Search Player Worlds for active vendors that might be selling upgrades to your vessel allowing you to level up to 31+
6 hours ago, CombatChuck said:

What am I supposed to do if no one is online? Usually when I am on there are at most a couple hundred people on the whole server and even when I go by the raid schedule I cannot find any people. If my character is already max level and there's no one to PvP with do I just gather mats forever? Am I missing something? Are there times when a lot of people are on and the PvP is worth doing?

I enjoyed leveling my character and the crafting system seems interesting enough but I find myself logging on and not having anything to do. Maybe I'm wrong and am just missing something, but it seems to me that unless a LOT more people start playing there just isn't anything to do.

You have a character at level 35 already? Or do you mean level 30? 30 is FAR from max. You start this game in a grey vessel, at level 30 you can upgrade to a white vessel which can then be leveled to 31 at which point you can upgrade to a green vessel, etc. It takes a lot of time and gold invested to get to level 35.

macdeath_sig.png

11 hours ago, CombatChuck said:

It depends on what time frame you are playing. There is quite a difference for players outside of the window.

16 hours ago, CombatChuck said:

This is the fundamental flaw with the game, that the dev's need to address or imo the game will never really gain the traction it needs to be commercially viable.

This is not a moba - where players can join a lobby solo and they are instantly able to pvp.

So the dev's in all of their wisdom gave us mind numbingly boring pve and grindy crafting / gathering with layers of difficulty purposely baked in to keep us "busy" during downtime.

Biggest problem I see is that most pvpers are not interested in gathering or crafting.

Second biggest problem is there is no community within the faction system - players are not grouping up to take on content together in order to build community - because the content is not there (no open world raid bosses / no group content - unless you call running around a large empty map capping outposts group content ūüėõ) and the communication tools for players interacting and helping each other out are terrible.

You need reasons for players to group together in order to build community. 

I should be able to use the chat system in a more intuitive way that invites inclusion and faction mates to communicate and group together.

How come there is no mouse look?

How come I cannot click on another player to invite him to group / chat with him/her?

How come the chat system is so clunky, I rarely can be bothered to use it?

How come all the pve content is geared towards solo or duo's? It's just not worth it to have 3 people or more in a group. The gold is laughable, because levels are gated behind crafting. So I don't get exp, I just grind gold so I can buy a vessal - which requires crafters and gatherers - which most pvpers are not interested in, and let's be honest - this is a terrible way to build community. No one is going to shout lfg or I am forming a group in chat if groups are not needed.

How come there are no major pve content that requires large groups (factions / guilds) to come together to take on for timed buffs and nice loot?

When a raid boss is up - there should be people in chat asking for help, organizing a group to go kill. At the same time the other factions are probably going to be doing the same thing - group pve content = promotes group pvp content.

As I have posted before for Crowfall to unwittingly put in systems and game mechanisms that promote solo pvp is a HUGE mistake. Solo pvp can be part of the game - it just imo cannot be the focus.

Why not solo pvp? Why doesn't it work?

Well for one this is not a moba, this is a mmo. If a games primary focus is on solo or duo content with poor communication channels between players - then the game "feels" dead - when I log in I do not feel like I am part of a faction - the world feels lifeless and boring.

Do I feel like going to a pve camp solo and grinding gold? 9 times out of 10 = NO - so I log out = which means even less players for other players to play with = the maps feel big and empty. Crafting and gathering to me "feels" like a job.

I for one have been sitting on the sidelines hoping Crowfall would get it "right" - they are so close and yet so far.

The vault system / world / inventory system is "clunky" and confusing as hell.

The leveling up system is "clunky" and confusing as hell.

The NPE is clunky and boring.

Loot system does not invite grouping. If I have to rely on someone to be honest to fairly distribute loot / gold / rare drops - why would I ever group with someone outside of my guild or with someone I do not know?

The chat system is clunky - I just don't bother.

Disciplines are a hot mess with little to no synergy between their name and their function and lets face it - their not specific towards a class. So I have disciplines that are not even useful or relevant mixed up with ones that are and as a player I have to "figure it out".

and there is no sense of community outside of guilds.

I like the game and I like the dev team - that's why I took the time to post - I would like to see Crowfall succeed, but as things stand right now - it's a very niche game that will die as soon as something better comes out. 

15 hours ago, MacDeath said:

You have a character at level 35 already? Or do you mean level 30? 30 is FAR from max. You start this game in a grey vessel, at level 30 you can upgrade to a white vessel which can then be leveled to 31 at which point you can upgrade to a green vessel, etc. It takes a lot of time and gold invested to get to level 35.

How do you do that? I have not seen anything in the game that mentions it. Am I supposed to stumble upon it? Did I miss a tutorial somewhere?

2 hours ago, CombatChuck said:

How do you do that? I have not seen anything in the game that mentions it. Am I supposed to stumble upon it? Did I miss a tutorial somewhere?

I believe the vessel system is mentioned in the NPE quests, but more to your point the easiest way to get one is to join a guild.  Second easiest is to look for people selling them in EKs.