Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 5/4/2021

Update Notes

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

New players seem to struggle to get that 'Sprint' in the keybindings menu is a button that modifies combat movement speed, not out of combat speed. They tend to pass over that 'Walk' changes your out of combat movement speed and that you are running by default out of combat.

New players seem to struggle to realise that they can access their quest log at any time from the icon on left hand side of the inventory window.

In the Eternal Kingdom tutorial, there probably should be a lectern text letting them know that if you have parcels and buildings, you Redeem them in your Inbox from the main Lobby.

Campaign Feedback regarding the 6.520 patch:

Disclaimer: Overall Competition feedback is from the perspective as an EU player, playing on the European Dregs(Guild vs Guild) campaigns the last few months and I’m sure that an American perspective exists. I’ll just lay the foundation for a discussion in this thread.

Divine Favor:

Glory:
Making the glory category be primarily about wartribe items makes there be some reason for the PvE content of the game and a reason to do one wartribe over another. I believe the cards revolving Wartribe sacrifice items should be adjusted to be specific Lore/Sacrifice items that only drop during the time the cards are up. Like with Sands of Time or Amber Spiders with harvesting. Additionally, I think there should be a card for glory that ties to killing Heralds, so that guilds that decide to stay landless can get a use out of the statue heads during the dregs. I dont believe such a card should be tied to per member as heralds are limited as they are already.

Wealth: Wealth cards are still incredibly mundane and are either competitive in terms of building a specific building, having buildings of a certain rank, having X god statues, or a level of keep/castle, destroy enemy buildings, Cards like these are incredibly limiting or not perhaps even possible to compete in, in short campaigns. Because you’re not always able to have a siege window up that someone owns or the amount of grind that's needed for some of them are not possible to complete in the given window of time. So a review of what type of cards are selected depending on the length of the campaign would be appreciated for future campaigns.

Power: Power cards are fine the way that they are and their cards are nicely designed and in a way that pushes you towards competing versus other players. Which always makes those cards and seasons become more active than others as more people want the divine favor. But as I’ve stated in the previous threads, the Campaign rewards for winning power is almost pointless, the majority of the things you win in a Power card aren't things you can import to the next campaign. And they are items that you use in Dregs/GvG, I don't see it being a thing for guilds that are competing in dregs to take their cool siege weaponry to Infected to siege down the Castle in sky point. So the campaign rewards need to be adjusted, or the rewards/siege weaponry will need to get an import tag to a campaign, so that you can put them to use in the next dregs you wish to compete in.

Conquest:

So, I’m taking this as an example of the most recent dregs and discussing burnout. I am aware of this possibly not in itself being a problem with an increased population, but I view this as a flaw in the Conquest ruleset in how your activity is rewarded in terms of playing the objectives. None of this is intended to call someone out, it's just clever use of the mechanics that the Conquest system is built on.

I’m going to start with commending the Pirate Gaming community for their activity and strong showing this last campaign and they showed a flaw with how we do both Outposts and Keeps in terms of being rewarded for actively playing the game that the conquest system is supposed to be based around, which is taking and holding outposts, holding outposts and taking Forts and Keeps/Castle(s).

I’m taking outposts as an example here but mathematically the numbers are the same for Keeps and Forts, they’re just bigger. Outposts just makes this mathematically easier to show the problem.
Capturing Outposts in Spring->Summer->Autumn->Winter is worth
1 pt -> 2 pts -> 3 pts -> 4 pts respectively.
This means that coming into a campaign in Autumn means that as long as you remain as competitive and outperforming other guilds then will make any progress and activity that a guild spent in Spring and Summer nearly irrelevant, because by just playing the Conquest game from Autumn and forward, meaning you basically only need to play half of the campaign, is more rewarding and less straining on your guild that dedicating yourself to trying to be as competitive as possible throughout an entire dregs. In terms of playing the conquest game, there is little reason to try to do it for the conquest score in spring or summer right now. You’re more likely to want to do objectives for Building material or divine favor than you are for the purpose of winning conquest and holding down the zone(s) your guild wishes to control.

My suggestion to this would be to increase the amount of points across the board ( I’m aware this makes numbers bigger but as long as it's done proportionally across the board for conquest objectives, it should be fine ). To make a more concrete example of this, I would like to suggest increasing the base value of an outpost by 1 point, meaning the progression goes from
2 pts -> 3 pts -> 4 pts -> 5 pts.
This way if you decide to join the campaign late, you’re not nullifying the progress a guild decided to make in previous seasons because you’re simply making more points than previous seasons put together.
The fact that Winter is worth as much as Spring and Summer I view as being fine, because it's when the last season of the campaign it should be high value to maintain the regional control as nodes and mobs are also worth more then, but it doesn’t take away as much from the effort people put into the earlier portions of a campaign.

Campaign Rewards:

I’ve gone into this a little bit in earlier points that I’ve mentioned under Divine Favor, but there is a decent amount of disciplines in the game, which is a large frustration to some people in the community as it makes some of the difficult to get, while I personally like this aspect of the game. I do believe that the disciplines in the various campaign rewards should be shuffled for each new dregs that is rewarded. Because you can only get so many cloisterers before you’ll need to force legendary discs down someone's throat to clear up bank space in your EK.

Heralds and Kings loot:
I don't know if this is intentional, but in recent patches the loot drop from heralds have been dropped down into the dirt, their level is 40 which makes them feel like they should be rather rewarding as they are very difficult to kill. The only guaranteed drops from a herald is a statue head, but the rest is almost nothing, a few sacrifice items. Compared to a King which still has had the probability of dropping heads too and drops decent loot and some decent wartribe gear. Unless you specifically want the head that head tied to the name of the herald. You’re not really rewarded for killing the only real end game boss that dregs has.

Thank you for taking your time readings this,
Best Regards

CptTryhard

Feedback on the new Targeting System: Love it. Please change every class to be like that. Because it really sucks that you can't dodge anything. There is no way to react to animations by dodging or anything else. It just feels wrong to get hit by a Neckbreaker after you rolled away 2 times to dodge it.

I'm one of those people that don't like to do my walking with wasd, and so i wanted to change my forward key to mouse key 2.  However, the game will not allow me to change that key to anything other than dodge roll.  Changing this would greatly improve the gaming experience for those like me.

Positive

• Having a shared bank right in the starting area is a great idea.
  • Getting a Mount as a quest reward so early is a great idea.
  • Having a class-specific NPC randomly in the quest hubs was a nice find.
  • Starting at level 1 with a high amount of HP makes the character feel heroic.
  • Mob respawn timers are very quick, that is awesome for populated zones.
  • Quest breadcrumbs are easy to follow, and the story is very fluid so far.
  • Not being knocked off the mount with the first point of damage is nice.

Negative

• Not being able to sell items while there is anything in the overflow feels bad. The error message said that it cannot be added to another inventory, aka the shop keeper's.
  • Not being able to access Inventory or any screen while moving is frustrating.
  • There is a lot of walking back and forth for the early levels. Even with the early Mount reward and Recall, it still takes up a bit of time to return where you were just sent from.
  • The cooldown on respawning, after already having to go back to the respawn statue, is aggravating.
  • It took a while before figuring out how to switch between Ranged and Melee and Stealth trays.
  • Having the cursor reset to the center of the screen after leaving a menu is frustrating.

Suggestions / Questions

• Include a way to automatically sort the Inventory, aka Crafting, Cooking, Sacrificing, Name, etc.
  • Why do some classes get their "Learn about your class" NPC later than others?
  • Entrance to the Sun Temple is really empty. It will probably be better once more players log in, but logging into a completely empty ruin was jarring, and not in a good way.
  • On the character selection screen, have both the Class and Race be selectable for the first choice, and highlight the other.
  • What do Lore items do? Cooking, Crafting, and Sacrificing makes sense, but not Lore.

I only have a few hours in so far, but here's my thoughts so far:

• I can't for the life of me see the buff that I currently have active. Trailblazer is pretty intuitive, but maybe have some short descriptions next to the buffs or a way I can mouseover them? 
  • I know it's beta, but the combat seems a little laggy, especially when it comes to damage being displayed/health bars being updated. 
  • Definitely fun overall. Played the rogue guy and duel pistols was awesome. 

So I would like to give some feedback about the Champion and its subclasses.

While I haven`t played Pitfighter yet and only focused on Barbarian and Alpha I think most of the Barb points will apply to Pit fighter as well.

Dominance is a Meme.

Nobody seems to use Domince points in their builds, and while I thought that it`s kind of understandable for Barbarian, since they don`t get the generation on their Class Buff or the the leap, the fact that Alpha warriors ignore it as well was baffling to me. Until I tried to make it work.

After about 3 hours of testing respeccing and testing again I noticed that Either you generate so many points that you cannot utilize them (because only Cleave and Stomp USE Dominance points) or if you try to pick up Spinning Backfist you just do not have enough points to get Alpha Warrior as well to Generate more Critchance to generate enough Dominance points.

And Barbarian won`t bother with it  since you ONLY get them through Crits.

So here some proposed solutions off the top of my head:

-Different Ways to Generate dominance points depending on the Subclass you play like Crits for Alpha, CC For Barbarian and every 1k Selfhealing done for Pitfighter (Just an Idea)

-Rearrange the skill tree with Dominant Smashing as the Keystone (So every Class has Acces to it) and Move Leap to one of the Earlier ones.

- Every Ability should Use dominance in some Way, Like Aegis SLash grants more Shield and Healing or disarming shout has Higher Debuffvalue, More health per rage for IOnsanity and so on.

Those are just some thoughts That could help make the Dominance feel more like an actual Resurce and not just a Meme. If you got other Ideas or Think I`m beeing stupid feel free to correct me.

I apologize for any spelling mistakes and Thank you for putting up with my rambling.

• QOL for the New player experience, Either make chat open by default (some new players aren't aware there are people willing/trying to help them in the beginning) or alternatively make one of the first tutorial tips/suggestions about the chat system and that you have to actively open it every time you log in in order to see anyone chatting
  • Allow customization of the chat window, IE give us an option to see things happening in the Events tab in another tab such as Guild or General. almost everyone focuses on Events because its the best way to see if someone is near you before stumbling across them. OR just have one single chat window or 2-3 chat tabs with a tick box style system to let us decide what chats are shown in each window.

I had to take a moment to commend the outstanding customer service and gaming support the team at Crowfall has. I mean, THIS is what you want in a development team. They want you to play the game and enjoy it, and clearly, they'll do what it takes to make sure that you can.

The Quick: I was dealing with absolute horrid FPS that simply made the game unplayable, and having to wait through incredibly long load times, and I was getting frustrated at not being able to play. So, I turned to the forums that, despite having some valuable information, most posts are just elitists who flex their "rig" and mock those looking for help. We've all seen the, "your computer just sucks," line of commentary. I instead just emailed support.

Now, the long story short that occurred over the last week:
Several team members helped me via data mining my clients and PC set-up. Each step improved the gameplay, but there was one fix that clearly made all of the difference...

ONEDRIVE.

The Crowfall files were both in the documents folders of my computer AND OneDrive. I don't even use one drive, in fact, I had synching disabled, but when I would run the game it would default to accessing the OneDrive files. So, I uninstalled OneDrive and VOILA! Not only is the game fully playable, it also halved the load times.

Takeaways:

If you need help, just contact Crowfall. They will listen, and they will help.
Also, ditch OneDrive. MS and programs that compromise performance!

McKatten

4 hours ago, Drokthalos said:

Positive

• Having a shared bank right in the starting area is a great idea.
  • Getting a Mount as a quest reward so early is a great idea.
  • Having a class-specific NPC randomly in the quest hubs was a nice find.
  • Starting at level 1 with a high amount of HP makes the character feel heroic.
  • Mob respawn timers are very quick, that is awesome for populated zones.
  • Quest breadcrumbs are easy to follow, and the story is very fluid so far.
  • Not being knocked off the mount with the first point of damage is nice.

Negative

• Not being able to sell items while there is anything in the overflow feels bad. The error message said that it cannot be added to another inventory, aka the shop keeper's.
  • Not being able to access Inventory or any screen while moving is frustrating.
  • There is a lot of walking back and forth for the early levels. Even with the early Mount reward and Recall, it still takes up a bit of time to return where you were just sent from.
  • The cooldown on respawning, after already having to go back to the respawn statue, is aggravating.
  • It took a while before figuring out how to switch between Ranged and Melee and Stealth trays.
  • Having the cursor reset to the center of the screen after leaving a menu is frustrating.

Suggestions / Questions

• Include a way to automatically sort the Inventory, aka Crafting, Cooking, Sacrificing, Name, etc.
  • Why do some classes get their "Learn about your class" NPC later than others?
  • Entrance to the Sun Temple is really empty. It will probably be better once more players log in, but logging into a completely empty ruin was jarring, and not in a good way.
  • On the character selection screen, have both the Class and Race be selectable for the first choice, and highlight the other.
  • What do Lore items do? Cooking, Crafting, and Sacrificing makes sense, but not Lore.

Lore items are the same as sacrifice items. Sacrifice at god fires for extra XP.

Mac