Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 5/6/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

When you have a short campaign going on such as for 3 days, it's probably worth eliminating certain cards popping up for Divine Favour, such as 'destroy x many shrines in an enemy's keep': you might have only one siege window to do it in and guilds have only just built their keep's walls by then.

Hungerdome Feedback

We need some sort of at keyboard launch check before each round launches

Three times now i have participated where two players never entered the game and we had to attempt to play as a three player group

also allowing guilds to field more than one group per match encourages collusion

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

it would be helpful to be able to toggle the mouse cursor on and off rather than having to his escape to do so. if there is another way to do this i think the instructions on how need to be made more clear/obvious for the newcomers too. i understand its a survival game but it would be helpful to not run out of mana from doing basic attacks (non-spell attacks). on my druid i run out of mana and then i have to sacrifice my hp for more, but then theres so many mobs attacking at once that i basically kill myself. their agro range is very large...

Day two feedback:

The crafting quality icons confused me, but I liked the system.

Crafting multiple things felt like it should have been easier to do.

Target icons appearing where you cant click them while gathering felt bad, but the system felt fun overall.

Ranged attacks sometimes felt like they would miss for no reason. The channeled attacks dont feel great to use.

The +stat talents doing nothing when you're at cap felt like it could have been better explained.

Targeting players near NPCs or crafting stations for trade felt difficult.

There is a clear problem of have and have-nots in CF.

If you dont have spammable reveal you will repeatedly see Stealth classes just running away from you with minimal effort. Even when I hit sin with Flare arrow 3 times they still manage to escape with my ranger reveal.

If you dont have multiple gap closers like a myrm or champ a ranged class can just kite you effortlessly. Major offender are Fessors that can just reset the fight at will 3 times back to back if you do manage to close on them.

Basically it feels as if you have to pay a price to deal with mechanics that dont require the same price from your opponents. In the sin case even after being caught they still dont pay any price, just ult again till their reveal goes in cd. In the fessor case just run away while hitting like a truck, if things get hairy just ult and restart again.

Just died cuz the game didnt correctly show i was standing in a aoe that was evaporating my hp.

I think it was because my own aoe was hiding theirs. Barbed stake has this dumb washed out red color. No idea why. Red is supposed to mean bad, my damaging aoe is as good as it gets.

I also complained about protection stakes blue filling. That sorta thing just makes it hard for me to see the colors of other aoes.

I inherently know where my aoes are, i placed them. I could do just with the borders.

And if you do keep them as is, enemy AOEs should be obvious, like blood red 'move out of here ya fool'. I honestly am not sure whether the AOE fx even appeared during the fight. I thought i was in control of the fight, the dude is holding parry, let him. As long as he isnt attacking me i got this. Wrong, next thing i know my hp is closing on red. I spent a few secs just confused, but then i remembered their aoe. Couldnt even tell where i should move after that.

I think dropping a AOE and just holding parry is meh gameplay. I took just from it 9k damage. But that is another topic. As it is now it cant just be missed because wacky fxs. That literally decides fights.

I'm not sure if this was feedbacked (is that a word? lol) before, but I like harvesting.  I don't know what it is about a game that has harvesting in it, but I like it.  My only problem with it is that your items go flying and you have to get them.  I'm not sure if others can see what you've harvested or if after you're done it just comes to you and it's really just showing you what you get, but I'll figure that out tomorrow.  I just wanted to put in feedback about it just incase you really want us to strafe back and forth to get flying harvested items.../shrug.

We don’t really test it since we have the Backer testing copies, but buildings and parcel cost should probably be lower to account for the amount of white materials consumed when the crafters begin spam crafting for their initial disciplines. 

Since 6.3, at the beginning of a wipe, we hoard low level materials for our crafters to spend making trash items, with the chance of proccing crafting dsiciplines. I think the resources costs and clicks haven’t been changed since we had the passive trees for crafting.

I know the Eternal Kingdom cash shop is meant to be a major way for the game to generate profit, but it might look odd to new players having no guild bank viable to them if they don’t have a guild whale.

Posted (edited)

1. The map takes quite a bit to load up, something needs to be done about that.

2. The vault needs more filters, crafting materials, foods, disciplines, sacrifice items, etc.

3. Maybe being able to put map pins, to help people know what direction they want to go with ease.

4. I know very well pvp is the main focus of the game, but some more pve would be nice, im not talking about anything too crazy, maybe some public dungeons where people can farm for increased rewards, but they are ofc tougher and need to take a proper party composition, with the always looming danger of enemy players walking in. Could also be a very simple world boss that has a nice gold reward, players would end up fighting over it.

5. Infected is sort of lacking, it should be worked upon. A better alliance pvp mode.

6. Gods reach should be integrated into infected, no point in separating those two, since in the first 3 areas you will never find enemy players unless they are feeling risky.

7. Finally kind of off topic, this game has way too few players, and it hurts the experience, makes it kind of dull if its always the same people you are running across. This should be available in steam and the epic store or something like those, increased visibility and a higher influx of people wanting to trying out the game would be amazing. Also Shadowbane is on steam and it seems to have more players than Crowfall, so i see no reason why this shouldn't be there too.

Edited by Meirill

Really enjoying things at present. Everything to me seems to be rather well put together.

The only thing I'm not to fond of, is the world map. Think too much is being tried to do with it. Just a straight forward 2D map with an indicator for yourself with direction being faced as well as others in your party would make reading this a lot easier, as well as map co-ordinates

Feedback on the Traustyn NA map - it is a poor map for players without a Keep/Castle. The faction temples have minimal entry points into the zones making it very tough to venture into the world and explore due to a single death setting you all the way back to the beginning.

Posted (edited)

It is way more common to get interrupted mid animation and missing powers effects whilist still having powers go in cooldown. My guess is moving the hit from powers to later in the animation is the issue. With how much cc there is around it just feels bad to miss a power cuz you got unlucky.

It inst the same as someone interrupting a combo which requires players skill.

It is specially bad when you miss a high cooldown powers simply because there is a bunch of cc going around. It isnt like CC isnt already strong enough.

For now id make all non direct damaging powers not interruptible this way. If i use an stake power it should go off, if i place a trap it should be placed (sometimes the fx appears but the trap doesnt trigger). The interruption window shouldnt be this big for powers that arent hitting your enemy. It makes sense for a swing to be interrupted if the actual sword hasnt actually hit the enemy body yet, but most other powers need a way smaller window.

Hell, i have missed berserks activation because of cc. Irrc that is a flash cast power.

Just aggro a few bears and you will see how bad that feels. Those mfers have perfect timing to make you waste powers.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Outpost control inside an alliance needs to be looked at. As i play on a different timezone and am able to play early hours i see myself just lacking the opportunity to contribute to our alliance while there is no one from the guilds going for points online to cap them.

I cant cap outposts because worst case scenario when someone does log they wont be able to get that outposts for them. So i just sit there making them neutral and seeing a whole lot of points being missed.

I suggest when being inside an alliance a pop up appears asking if you want to cap that to the alliance head guild or to your own guild.

Points should be gained every 20 min instead of 1 hour. 1 hour is too big a span to make it feel like you are making a difference. For example if i go to an enemy island and cap some of their outposts, unless i do that for hours it is irrelevant. Compare that to holding stuff for 30 min and getting some points out of it and it is easy to see which one is better.

Also about outposts, god outposts should only give buffs while your faction controls it.

Basic territory control logic. Reward people for owning it, punish people for losing it.