Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 5/7/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Switching between ranged and melee is quite literally the most illogical thing ever. Why are 2 hot keys needed...it should just be Z toggle, not Z and U...like why?! Who designed this feature?  

I think you underestimate players intelligence. There is a quite a bit of power gain when you add everything together. If you have to explain in detail how you are not taking advantage over someone, t

I've brought new and improved skeleton feedback. Improved Chat - Edited & added to Chat is an important part of a games social features, and considering how big guilds are, it has a lot

My day one feedback:

I really enjoy the combat system and the talent tree. I've noticed some latency hickups that I can only assume is clientside (playing from Japan) and I understand that it may be difficult to roll out more regions than East Coast US and EU. 

The Pigs:

I did not like this quest, moving stone from point A to point B with pigs... They have quite a bit of issues pathing, and I feel the whistle cool down is a bit high for something like that.

The biggest "nail in the coffin" for me as of right now, while partied I completed the quest to mine a slab of copper. This item dropped for my party member after mining, but I didn't receive one. Went to the next quest step and realized I didn't have the proper quest item.

Posted (edited)

Skeleton Feedback for Crowfall

Respec
My suggestion, I imagine a popular one, is to add either a free full respec for F2P players, or allow them to pay a certain amount of gold/resources to respec. New players are often the ones who need it most, and it feels unfair for VIP players to be able to respec as much as they desire, but free ones can't change a single thing. It could also work as another goldsink, the cost preventing people from switching back and forth with builds. I'd give at least the first one free so new players could still benefit though. It's important to allow players to fix at least some of their mistakes - you could also use a point system to respec the talent tree one skill at a time, costing less to remove one spec'd in and gain the point back, so you can save it or spend it again on another spot. 

=== New Player Improvements ===

Faction Information
Please explain factions to new players. One of the questions I see the most in chat from new players is how to change factions. It's not a priority, but with how slow walking around is, exploring isn't very encouraged, so most people don't bother looking into the tree room to change factions without any prompting. 

World Layout
Starting up a new character and selecting a world is a bit unintuitive for a new player. Well it says "starter world", that's not clearly stating "tutorial" and that they can't do anything if they don't play those worlds first. It would help if the starter world was first on the list, going starter > factions > guilds > players, for a clear direction of progression. Plus a popup for new players simply telling them to enter starter worlds, that it's the tutorial or required, would help. 

=== QoL Focused Feedback ===

Bank Sorting
Dregs currently has no search tool for it's bank, or any sorting, and even infected leaves much to be desired.

Item 1. Categories: You should be able to sort by any of the categories of items - such as "crafting", "cooking", "materials" for ore/wood/leather/etc or other stuff made of it, lore/sacrifice (maybe misc, or junk? Expanding the current armour/weapons categories. One category because they don't seem to differ). That sort of thing. 

Item 1a. Customizable Categories: Runescape-esque sorting where we can have our own individual tabs we sort stuff into, with an "All" tab to overlook everything. This means we can sort everything how we wish, make new tabs when we want to collect materials to craft certain things, etc. 

Item 2. Improved search: A vital mechanic is being able to search the type of material you want, such as 'cooking' or crafting. It's hard to sort through the bank, and being unable to simply search 'lore' or 'sacrifice' to grab all all of that for levelling a new character, or 'cooking' for when I'm grabbing everything to cook, is inconvenient. This would help for grabbing what I need without the tabs. 

Improved Chat
Chat is an important part of a games social features, and considering how big guilds are, it has a lot of room for improvement. Possible hotkeys for each chat, clarity on what a "kingdom" or "zone" chat is, customizing which chats they want open or closed, and an "all" chat showing every chats messages (differently coloured for clarity). 

Edited by GrilledSkeleton
Added new stuff

Hello,

First day playing and I did two quests but did not have anything after that... felt like I was on an island with no enemies and just trees and rocks... I somehow figured out I could attack trees and started crafting stuff but then I noticed my food meter going down. With no further quests and no way to feed myself since there were no enemies not even basic rabbits. Not suyre what to do in this game, find it boring with very little direction after the first two intro quests.

New players and guilds seem to readily overestimate the impact gear has on fight outcomes. I'd recommend that the NPE explain what the common stats in the Details tab mean and even explicitly state the percentage difference no gear to max geared, blue wartribe geared to blue crafted gear percentage difference is, so they can compare it to their past experience.

When the new players die, they see the high stats measured in hundreds and now the new levels from 30 to 15 which seems hard to access. So they are disheartened rather than understanding what went wrong and miss that Crowfall's primary determining factor is situational knowledge: that most stats crafted, whether on vessels or gear, do not matter that much compared to past MMO experiences that they've had.

3 minutes ago, Thon said:

New players and guilds seem to readily overestimate the impact gear has on fight outcomes. I'd recommend that the NPE explain what the common stats in the Details tab mean and even explicitly state the percentage difference no gear to max geared, blue wartribe geared to blue crafted gear percentage difference is, so they can compare it to their past experience.

When the new players die, they see the high stats measured in hundreds and now the new levels from 30 to 15 which seems hard to access. So they are disheartened rather than understanding what went wrong and miss that Crowfall's primary determining factor is situational knowledge: that most stats crafted, whether on vessels or gear, do not matter that much compared to past MMO experiences that they've had.

I think you underestimate players intelligence. There is a quite a bit of power gain when you add everything together. If you have to explain in detail how you are not taking advantage over someone, then normally you are. 

55 minutes ago, Xothos said:

Hello,

First day playing and I did two quests but did not have anything after that... felt like I was on an island with no enemies and just trees and rocks... I somehow figured out I could attack trees and started crafting stuff but then I noticed my food meter going down. With no further quests and no way to feed myself since there were no enemies not even basic rabbits. Not suyre what to do in this game, find it boring with very little direction after the first two intro quests.

is it possible you entered the player worlds instead of the Starting worlds?  I've noticed a couple people end up in my eternal kingdom by mistake just running around Chopping Trees for a long long long time....  With them unable to see General Chat by default (they need to press enter), most don't see me trying to direct them where they should go when this happens.  I might need to start making parchments and trade them the instructions

Day 2 playing!

Keeps/castles dont have options to buy some items, like food vendor, or discipline vendors. This means you have to walk back to a Temple.. which means a very boring 15 minutes of walking. Either add the vendors to castles/keeps, OR just allow a teleport from keep/castle back to temple.

Bonus unpopular opinion: It'd be nice to have more variance in the PvE content that there is. None of the enemy towns really feel any different from each other. While killing a boss is cool as it drops 5x gold, it doesn't really feel any different either. PvP ganking in the PvE is awesome, but only if people want to do the PvE. Better PvE means better PvP too! Don't hate on it! :D

8 hours ago, GrilledSkeleton said:

Hello, the skeleton has feedback. One sort of balance, about respec's, and QoL, about bank sorting.

Respec
My suggestion, I imagine a popular one, is to add either a free full respec for F2P players, or allow them to pay a certain amount of gold/resources to respec. New players are often the ones who need it most, and it feels unfair for VIP players to be able to respec as much as they desire, but free ones can't change a single thing. It could also work as another goldsink, the cost preventing people from switching back and forth with builds. I'd give at least the first one free so new players could still benefit though. It's important to allow players to fix at least some of their mistakes - you could also use a point system to respec the talent tree one skill at a time, costing less to remove one spec'd in and gain the point back, so you can save it or spend it again on another spot.

Absolutely. I'll pay $15 because I can afford it. My buddy who is unemployed and playing F2P? He'll just make a new character. You can level to 30 in a few hours. But he'll hate it, and it'll leave that bad game taste in his mouth

OH OH OH. Sorry for the triple posting, lots to remember from several hours of playing today. 

Loot needs to be distributed from both killing, and from gathering. Super silly its just first come first serve in 2021. This is a standard practice. Yes we CAN group it up and divide it.. but why should we need to? And if I am harvesting, my group mates shouldn't have to dodge, or stand super far away to avoid accidently picking up my stuff.

As a mage fighting from range playing in a group, either a) I don't get any loot, b) I have to trust them to divide it up fairly, or c) I have to be in melee range constantly. None of those are good choices.

1 hour ago, Kardo_Stormsend said:

Absolutely. I'll pay $15 because I can afford it. My buddy who is unemployed and playing F2P? He'll just make a new character. You can level to 30 in a few hours. But he'll hate it, and it'll leave that bad game taste in his mouth

At the moment, Crowfall is only F2P for 30 days of beta. The official plan is that it will be Buy to Play when launched. Might they revisit the monetization plan and go F2P? Yes, they might but it probably won't happen just at launch so, your buddy probably isn't likely to play Crowfall after his Beta taste.

macdeath_sig.png

3 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

At the moment, Crowfall is only F2P for 30 days of beta. The official plan is that it will be Buy to Play when launched. Might they revisit the monetization plan and go F2P? Yes, they might but it probably won't happen just at launch so, your buddy probably isn't likely to play Crowfall after his Beta taste.

$50 one time is way better than $15 a month when you're low on funds. They better add respec for people paying $50! haha

Posted (edited)

unknown.png

1 hour ago, Kardo_Stormsend said:

Day 2 playing!

Keeps/castles dont have options to buy some items, like food vendor, or discipline vendors. This means you have to walk back to a Temple.. which means a very boring 15 minutes of walking. Either add the vendors to castles/keeps, OR just allow a teleport from keep/castle back to temple.

Bonus unpopular opinion: It'd be nice to have more variance in the PvE content that there is. None of the enemy towns really feel any different from each other. While killing a boss is cool as it drops 5x gold, it doesn't really feel any different either. PvP ganking in the PvE is awesome, but only if people want to do the PvE. Better PvE means better PvP too! Don't hate on it! :D

Some forts and keeps DO have food vendors and some keeps and castles have a free food replenishment statue, looks like a dragon in a fountain.. And, you CAN teleport to a temple using ALT+P if you have bound in a temple.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

23 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

unknown.png

Some forts and keeps DO have food vendors and some keeps and castles have a free food replenishment statue, looks like a dragon in a fountain.. And, you CAN teleport to a temple using ALT+P if you have bound in a temple.

I know all of that.

But like a good guildie, I am bound to the keep/castle for defense.

And I wanted to simply go buy a new discipline. 

Lets tell a story! I join the big boy server finally. I'm broke, so I gotta save up to get my discipline. I head out to the guild center point, setup my respawn. Do a little PvP here and there. A couple of farming runs.. I get enough gold! Finally! Am I excited? No. I should be, but I have a 10-20 minute walk where nothing is going to happen.

Even if it does, and I get PvP'd (unlikely) it will be pointless, I'm not going to be carrying anything, so the stakes are 0 on my side. Best case, I win, get a bunch of loot, tp back to store it and have to start the walk over again. Worst case I die, and have to start the walk over again....

Walking for 10-20 minutes with no stakes isn't fun. No reason people shouldnt be able to teleport back to the temple with an empty inventory, especially when they are in the safety of a protected keep/castle already. Just an unneeded pain point.

Literally no harm in allowing it. Annoyance by not.

Hopefully that makes my thought process clear, it's late and I'm apparently being very... verbose :D

Been playing since yesterday. Combat seems fun. Movement seems awfully slow, not sure if it picks up later. A lot of running. Wish the mounts were faster. If you can get faster mounts later on then fine.

This might be my lack of understanding on how to level up, but doing the quests got me to level 17. You're then told to go into the faction vs faction worlds and the lowest level camps I could see were lvl 30?! I feel like I'm currently stuck farming the Urgu camp in the "safe world", it also appears this a popular spot and the lack of NPCs really hurts. Would be good to increase the number of Urgu even just for the beta so it doesn't feel so grindy early on.

Combat is fun, some of the best abillities i've felt in a game for a while. I like the customisation of it. 

Currently I feel your game is hanging on crafting too much. I didn't really know what I was meant to do once I got into the infected area. Some more quests around there might help. PvP quests, pve quests etc. I don't like having to use stamina to mine resources, especially when im alone. I get why its there cause i guess later on I might fight other players for the resource. 

I'm a lvl 21 paladin at the moment btw.

The aim prompt while mining is a bit tricky as its projected at the screen location of when it apeared and not sucky to the model of the resource. Sometimes it is floating way off if im moving while mining.

Not sure i'd buy the game unless its cheap. I'd play if it was free for sure. I love pvp games and I like the campaign sorta thing you have going where you build up forts and stuff. A pitty I have to level to 30 I feel to do any of that. Maybe you should remove the leveling process as your game is really focused on pvp and gear upgrades. The leveling process just is boring atm untill the end game. Though would need another way to introduce all the abillites to the player. Just some thoughts.

Hey,

Just recently bought the game after beta testing

I bought some quarrier discs to get to purple and started hitting some rocks with some guildies, its a lot more satisfying to do in a group and I really like how the loot explodes everywhere, I think you should add some motherlodes to discs that are missing them, which I think is just logging and gravedigging

I've played a few different things now, Archdruid, Blackguard, Archer, a little bit of Barbarian.

I think druid definitely needs some love, all of the druid abilities have stupid long cast times, like I'm trying to drop a slow field to slow the enemy retreat or make it easier for my group to retreat, but it takes like 3 seconds to cast and at that point it's missed it's target, Gaias growth has an okayish cast time but could be faster and blight feels pretty slow, the knockback tornado thing shouldn't even have a cast time, like I'm trying to knock this guy away from me right now, not in 2 seconds, most of the other classes abilities seem to come out instantly or atleast relatively quickly

Also if I'm taking the talent that when people pick up my orb, it explodes and does dmg/heal, I want everyone to be able to pick up my orbs, it's super frustrating in a big raid, cuz I feel like my orbs aren't really being used to full potential, the orbs should just affect anyone who is same faction.

Also I think you need to look at the damage on some of the higher damage moves, I had a cutthroat appear behind me and do 5000 then 3000 damage, in 2 moves in under like 1 second, that's enough to pretty much one shot some classes, luckily I just ulted into stealth and walked out, but any other character and I was just guaranteed dead

On 5/8/2021 at 12:16 AM, Kardo_Stormsend said:

Exactly. You can make a new character, which even has benefits of a new horse, some kebabs, etc. But it just feels very bad to spend all this time and effort on a character, and be unable to change it - and if you've invested in the character, with disciplines, that can be a massive amount of work. 

I leveled two characters through the first campaign world, up to level 8-9. I get he quest to get my mount and then there is nothing telling where I should go next. I ran around for an hour and gave up. I managed to find the entrance to the 10-18 world but there were no quests there either. 

Also I saw someone mentioned chat. The chat UI is not good. Being minimized by default kills the MMO part of the game for new players.

Posted (edited)

I've brought new and improved skeleton feedback.

Improved ChatEdited & added to

Chat is an important part of a games social features, and considering how big guilds are, it has a lot of room for improvement. Possible hotkeys for each chat, clarity on what a "kingdom" or "zone" chat is, customizing which chats they want open or closed, and an "all" chat showing every chats messages (differently coloured for clarity). This all chat is important, because we have chats for zones, groups, alliance, guild, etc. These all have important information when playing with friends and guildmates, but you have to cycle through all the different chats and can't even see when some of them have messages. Additionally, please, have chat appear by default. When part of the chat is visible but no messages appear, people think the chat is just not used, rather than closed.

Even just ordering the existing chats differently would improve it a lot.  Nobody even uses kingdom (which is apparently different than faction), faction doesn't seem to pop up until you join a guild, zone is irrelevant, and alliance is too far from guild. If it was general - group - guild - alliance, it'd be easier to go through them and see when a new message appears. "Me" is primarily ignored, stuffed full of every server message like getting loot, except you also get PM's in there, so I never even see my whispers. Whispers should be their entire own section, or just pop up in any chat. Take a look at PoE's chat - they let you opt-in to any of the chats, whether whisper, trade, guild, or global, and they all appear differently coloured. 

Distance/Compass
Whenever there's more than 1 point on the compass with a distance listed, like 2 group members, the numbers overlap and make them unreadable. It should prioritize the nearest party member or objective if two marks are too close together.

Guild Board
Considering guilds are the end-goal of the game, we really need an in-game guild board. Like a recruitment board, ways to join guilds in-game, inviting players, advertising the guilds. Guild management in general needs better access in-game.

======

Overall, devs, please add more social features. It's absolutely criminal how lacking they are, considering how important they are for a game designed around the concept of large scale PVP. Even for just the beta, we need these features, and it reflects badly when they've been neglected so long for such a large aspect of the game. I cannot stress this enough, please fix chat and add more social features.

Edited by GrilledSkeleton