Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 5/7/2021

Posted (edited)

Guards shouldnt have the same nameplates and crest as players. It makes it incredibly hard to tell them apart if you are attcked while attacking an outpost. Just happened with us. The guy doing them was half dead by the time he realized some of those "npcs" werent like the others. I was still arriving and wasnt in a rush until one of the npcs used a gap closer, then i knew there was players there.

Even mid-fight it can be confusing to keep track of who is who. I have no idea why you guys keep this awful red as name, have complained about it since forever. It is awful to read at the best of times. At least add a border to it.

If you still want to give npcs crests for some reason (who cares what faction they are if they are red?) make it smaller than players. If there is a npc and player side by side it should be obvious who is who at a glance.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Posted (edited)

Im not sure if this applies to other professions but there is a clear lack of good graves outside of alagorane. You are luck if you find one rank 9 per map.

Anything below rank 9 is trash. Why I would waste tool dura on graves that will give me barely any blue even with 5 pips?

Wouldnt be an issue (and i agree this isnt particularly related to gravedigging) if most players didnt gather on stealthers. So I COULD invade Alagorane but if I get the jump on another gatherer they will run away and call reinforcements meaning i gotta bail and if they find me they either try to fight and end up running (and i have to bail) or just straight up call their reinforcements while waiting in stealth which gets me dead.

So, while the idea is good (create a hot spot) other mechanics make that a fools errands.

"But Karl why dont you stop complaining and just get friends to help you?"

I could. But most of the time that ends up being a waste of time to everyone involved. We might as well split up and go do other stuff. I might as well go run caravans, cap outposts, farm gold, do the rounds in some camps and see if i can get the jump in some farmer who isnt a stealther (good luck with that btw).

It is the same reason i ask for outposts point to be given out every 20 min instead of one hour. Aint no way in hell im making a party to go invade a enemy island if we have to be there for 30 an hour on average to get a few points, it isnt worth the squeeze. I do it alone sometimes when im already there but i know that is just me being a small annoyance to the players there.

Anyway either fix stealther gatherer meta or add better farming spots spread out. Not all of us want to play stealthers to be able to do stuff. I wanna pvp for my stuff thank you very much.

Edited by BarriaKarl

You really need to change the way that alliances add or remove guilds. Having that as a part of a player UI is not secure enough. There is no "are you sure" function and guilds can be dropped out of an alliance at the misclick of a key and not able to get them back in for 24 hours.

Hey,

I was having some issues with damage not being correct on my build so I wanted to screw around with talents and discs and test my damage, but there's no dummies in the temples for some reason? Why can you only test your builds if you have access to a castle and why do I have to run all the way back to a castle to see the affects of any changes I make? It seems a bit silly that there isn't an area for that in all the temples

17 minutes ago, MacSlain said:

Hey,

I was having some issues with damage not being correct on my build so I wanted to screw around with talents and discs and test my damage, but there's no dummies in the temples for some reason? Why can you only test your builds if you have access to a castle and why do I have to run all the way back to a castle to see the affects of any changes I make? It seems a bit silly that there isn't an area for that in all the temples

There are training dummies in the camp outside of the market on the Gods Reach servers. You can also build training dummies in your EK.

I also think, unless I've missed something, that if you are grouped with others, that there should be a change in the color of the names of the people you are grouped with.  Will make it easier to see your group mates, when around many other PCs.

ek_guild_pvp.png

3 simple ek's functionalities/options that should help the player retention and add new content provided by the players : 

1) Enable 6-men group or even higher. Variable group size could be experimented in EK's to get a new type gameplay/feedback.
2) Enable Guild PvP. This option existed once but was removed. This would allow guild battlegounds and remove the current limitation of 5v5.

With option 1 & 2, players can choose the group size and guilds can fight each other (12v12 or 20v20 or higher).
a) But what if a single big guild wants to 12v12 only with its players ?
b) What if you want to 20v20 with players from many guilds ?
That's not possible with option 1 and 2.

3) Enable Faction PvP. This option would allow the player to choose a faction/god and solve problem a) and b). This god option would work like the hunger dome god/faction. You choose your god/faction and you can create multiple groups of players from the same god and fight groups of players that have chosen a different god/faction. 

Ek's are Crowfall sandbox part. Ace should invest more time to develop tools for players in ek's. These 3 simple - and easy to implement - options would allow players to create new content.

Thank you for your consideration.

Quality of life feature : allow to stack "unstackable" items and allow bigger stacks. 
In red, 2 identical items with full durability that can't be stacked
In white, 2 identical items with full durability that are stacked because those items are stacked by default from dregs campaign rewards.
unknown.png

Reward from dregs : 

unknown.png

Dregs rewards allow big stacks. Why not give us the ability to create big stack and thus increase our storage
Example : 
- Stack of gold 1,000,000
- Stack of dust 100,000
- Stack of ore/wood/stone/hide 10,000

Posted (edited)

Switching between ranged and melee is quite literally the most illogical thing ever. Why are 2 hot keys needed...it should just be Z toggle, not Z and U...like why?! Who designed this feature?

As a new player, crafting seems such a big part of the game, but it is explained so poorly in the first line of quests. This needs improvement. Where do I find all these traits to equip the stuff I can make? All resources on this game are outdated.

Edited by Dragula

Heya

After 2 day of playing game I can say it have issues with FPS and offer not good enough tutorial quests. A lots of crafting its huge +. What I like the most is combat but in larger scale it wont do good as fps atm are already low for me. Not much storyline quests as well. Overall its very promissing game but won't be good enough due to low graphic details huge hardware demand and few other issues. If these will be addressed then it have huge chance of success.

2nd and 3rd pigs should just copy the first pig path. It is incredibly annoying how the first pig does everything right while the 2nd and third act like idiots. See you big brother here? Just follow him.

17 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

2nd and 3rd pigs should just copy the first pig path. It is incredibly annoying how the first pig does everything right while the 2nd and third act like idiots. See you big brother here? Just follow him.

Really though, can we just get rid of pack pigs?

Consider replacing with something like the following:

• Pig spawn locations (camps) become neutral control point objectives.
  • At times when pigs would spawn, wartribe mobs (elite/captain lvl) spawn in camp, and camp becomes open to capture.
  • Players go to camp, kill WT mobs (objective lights up on map), flip objective ownership (should be relatively fast).
  • Players do some nominal harvesting activity, or even just interact with minecart/boxes, to gather building mats.
  • They get on mount and carry where they want. If you can put a mount speed debuff when characters have building mats in inventory, then great.
  • Reset camp to neutral, start the cycle over again.

So why?

• No pigs = no pathing issues, no spamming whistle, no losing pigs, no pack pig visibility/targeting problems in fights.
  • Maybe easier to have contested objective light up on map (like other objectives)?
  • Players are held at camp for some period of time to allow other groups to more reliably contest.

Do they really only exist because of the "what happens if player logs out" issue? Is it wanting people running pigs to be visible? Give me a giant neon sign on my back, just as long as I don't have to lead those things around. The very marginal flavor they add is not worth the pain.

I've ran the NPE more times than I'd like to admit. I've had an issue with pigs practically every time. I'm patient. How many new players are getting there, watching them literally crawl up the 10% grade while thinking "is this really a core feature of the game", and then quitting immediately.

I have a total of 20 minutes in the game, so I can't comment much.

So far the controls feel really smooth and combat felt great vs some wolves and it seems promising.

What prompted me to come here was the hunger bar. I don't think it belongs in any game outside serious survival games like Green Hell for example. I can see it being very annoying moving forward. I think this is something that should be changed, food is good for buffs and utility in MMO's but making it required to click apples every now and then is a bit tedious and I think it was smart to move away from this in MMO's.

Thanks for reading :)

Posted (edited)

While looking at a Vandal Assassin, I feel that toxin based poison needs to be less obtuse.

Durations should be listed if there is one.

If the buff applies to you, use the word buff.

If it applies a debuff on the enemy, give the duration and actual effect of the poison.

Damage is already listed for skills that do poison damage, but not for effects from toxins.

From the point of view of a Vandal, the Efficient Poisons talent and Poison Mastery talent seem out of place or would work better if reversed.

Efficient poisons gives a 30% bonus to poison damage and 10% more from the cap. So it sounds like efficient poisons would be a good talent.

It does very little due to the vandal class buffs.

You could use 2 of the 5 stacks that you could get from efficient poisons before hitting the cap. Less stacks are useful if you have a toxin with 10% poison or any major that gives more poison damage unless those some how ignore the cap.

Edited by Grithok

Poison Sapper has a passive called Poison Paradise. It says '...you have a Poison toxin equipped.'

It grants you the trait 'Poison Toxin Training' and the slot 'Toxin'

Clean up any instance of 'Poison Toxin' to just 'Toxin'

I am just gonna ignore the whole debate of what is a toxin and what is a poison in real life here, but you need to pick one word to describe something and go with it.

Feedback from playing for the first time:

The default keybindings feel pretty awkward. Y to go through text on the quests is clunky, as you have to take your hands off their default keyboard positions to hit the buttons.

Id like to be able to put other abilities on the right click slot too. Having a second attack there feels preferable to the leap-dodge thing.

Also, I found that I kept not picking up the quest and not noticing as theres nothing obvious on screen to let you know you have it. Maybe a quest accepted noise or a more prominent objective tracker? (I forget to check the compass and I was following a friend, so would often make it some distance before realising.)

5/11 do the respawn times in the Sun temple area and the earth temple area seem a little fast for the Satyr and Sun Elf mobs? I can hardly loot a set and look around before they spawn right back in. Maybe area generated spawning instead of exact site may be more tactile there. 

I haven't gotten very far due to the frequent crashes to desktop since the last update, but I agree with the points already posted.

• Pathing in the PIG quest & slightly shorter cooldown for the whistle
  • Lots of hitching/stuttering in and out of combat.
  • Closing the launcher seems to have an overall positive impact on overall performance & maybe stability. (need to play a little to be sure)
  • Ability to sort/filter inventory would be helpful
  • Separate tab/storage for crafting materials
  • Sprint doesn't seem to work

I've enjoyed what I've played so far. (Only PvE), I don't usually PvP, but I'm actually curious to check it out in this game.

That's all I got for now. 

4 hours ago, AukumsRazor said:

I haven't gotten very far due to the frequent crashes to desktop since the last update, but I agree with the points already posted.

• Pathing in the PIG quest & slightly shorter cooldown for the whistle
  • Lots of hitching/stuttering in and out of combat.
  • Closing the launcher seems to have an overall positive impact on overall performance & maybe stability. (need to play a little to be sure)
  • Ability to sort/filter inventory would be helpful
  • Separate tab/storage for crafting materials
  • Sprint doesn't seem to work

I've enjoyed what I've played so far. (Only PvE), I don't usually PvP, but I'm actually curious to check it out in this game.

That's all I got for now. 

you cant sprint unless in combat