Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I get more import tokens?

grrrrrr

This vault system is really pissing me off.

I know you have to prevent power users from abusing the system and new campaign launches.

But, it also hurts new players like me who just want to transfer a mount given to me by my guild to my character ingame.

Can you not make more import / export tokens a reward for capturing / playing certain content?

Posted (edited)

unknown.png

43 minutes ago, Rudedawg said:

grrrrrr

This vault system is really pissing me off.

I know you have to prevent power users from abusing the system and new campaign launches.

But, it also hurts new players like me who just want to transfer a mount given to me by my guild to my character ingame.

Can you not make more import / export tokens a reward for capturing / playing certain content?

Extra tokens are already in game, BUT they are rewards for being one of the top guilds at end of campaign. That was 14 extra EXPORT tokes for 2nd Place

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

As a new player, you should have had more than enough import tokens to bring in your character's gear plus a mount.

The import allowance is fairly generous.  The export allowance, on the other hand, get be pretty onerous for smaller guilds without a lot of empty alt accounts.

To Macdeath's point though - last campaign, due to guild performance, I had 84 tokens to export which is a significant increase over the 50 gratis tokens.

On 5/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, Van_Zant said:

As a new player, you should have had more than enough import tokens to bring in your character's gear plus a mount.

Yes, you would think so.

Please note - as a new player I do not mean freshly made new - I mean I have been playing for 2 weeks.

I am still learning about all of the game mechanics and tbh it seems like most of them hurt new players because of vet player actions taking advantage of loopholes.

7 hours ago, Rudedawg said:

Yes, you would think so.

Please note - as a new player I do not mean freshly made new - I mean I have been playing for 2 weeks.

I am still learning about all of the game mechanics and tbh it seems like most of them hurt new players because of vet player actions taking advantage of loopholes.

IMO, the vet players are using game features, not 'taking advantage of loopholes'. Features that all players should be using but that new players are mostly unaware off.  This game doesn't communicate it's features very well.

macdeath_sig.png

15 hours ago, Rudedawg said:

I'm curious what about this system you think benefits old players over new?

We are both limited on what we can bring in by the same limitations.  

6 minutes ago, Van_Zant said:

I'm curious what about this system you think benefits old players over new?

We are both limited on what we can bring in by the same limitations.  

I think his references to being a new player indicate to me he used up import/exports with trivial things and now feel screwed?

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I think his references to being a new player indicate to me he used up import/exports with trivial things and now feel screwed?

Well this and what if I want to purchase something in EK?

How do I get it from EK to my character ingame?

My guild gives me a fast mount - and I can't give it to my in campaign character?

Do I have to spend 10 minutes, logging out my ingame character to log in to EK - equip the horse and then log him back into the current campaign?

Not sure if I can do it that way - but assuming I can?

Seems really clunky to me.

Thanks Mysta, when you are new how do you know what is trivial and what is not, what you need and what you don't need?

1 minute ago, Rudedawg said:

Well this and what if I want to purchase something in EK?

How do I get it from EK to my character ingame?

My guild gives me a fast mount - and I can't give it to my in campaign character?

Do I have to spend 10 minutes, logging out my ingame character to log in to EK - equip the horse and then log him back into the current campaign?

Not sure if I can do it that way - but assuming I can?

Seems really clunky to me.

Thanks Mysta, when you are new how do you know what is trivial and what is not, what you need and what you don't need?

You have the mount in your bank, open the vault section at the lobby/character select screen, click the dregs bank you want to import into(important you pick the correct bank, double check and don't import into an old bank). Click your mount and click import. If you have the tokens it will get transferred to the dregs bank. Then you open your dregs bank on your dregs character and equip your mount.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:24 AM, Davammas said:

You have the mount in your bank, open the vault section at the lobby/character select screen, click the dregs bank you want to import into(important you pick the correct bank, double check and don't import into an old bank). Click your mount and click import. If you have the tokens it will get transferred to the dregs bank. Then you open your dregs bank on your dregs character and equip your mount.

Not if you do not have enough import tokens.

As a new player this is not explained - so what happens I am in a campaign and my guild wants to craft gear for me - and I can't use it / equip it because I am out of tokens.

Generally, what we're saying is that doesn't happen.  You would only use 9 tokens on average to bring a person into campaign with all the stuff you need (and if you don't have crafted gear, you could honestly just go in naked with a horse and farm at the first mob camp you see for the rest).

But even if you import a character with all your stuff that leaves you 41 more import tokens.

Assuming your guild is not crafting in campaign, you could easily afford five more tokens for new armor and one to two more tokens for fancy new weapons.

1 hour ago, Van_Zant said:

Generally, what we're saying is that doesn't happen.  You would only use 9 tokens on average to bring a person into campaign with all the stuff you need (and if you don't have crafted gear, you could honestly just go in naked with a horse and farm at the first mob camp you see for the rest).

But even if you import a character with all your stuff that leaves you 41 more import tokens.

Assuming your guild is not crafting in campaign, you could easily afford five more tokens for new armor and one to two more tokens for fancy new weapons.

If that is "generally" not what happens then how come I have no import tokens left?

5 hours ago, Rudedawg said:

If that is "generally" not what happens then how come I have no import tokens left?

Have you imported 50 items into the current campaign?

IhhQKY6.gif

5 hours ago, Rudedawg said:

My guess is that you have entered and exited a campaign several times and thus used up the 50 import tokens. The amount of tokens an ACCOUNT has don't reset until the next campaign. And, yes, it is account wide so if you took several characters from the same account into the same campaign all with items equipped, that can eat up your total imports.

macdeath_sig.png

15 hours ago, Rudedawg said:

Because you imported everything you could instead of the essentials to get you started?