Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The reasons I had quit the game

Hello everybody, I hope you all are well.

Fist of all I created this topic as a constructive criticism. That's because I did enjoy in the game in the beginning, and in the end I hope it succeeds.

The first reason is the obvious one. Everything in this game is not straightforward, and having little to no guide makes is it really hard. In this aspect the guilds help massively, and it's almost mandatory for new players. So, if any new player is reading this join one! With this not being a reason to leave, it puts the player in a frustrated mind set... Obviously you need to grind a lot, alone and with more players to get the stuff you need (that is a lot).

And that takes me to the other reason. The nonsense killing of people. Yesterday before I went to work I decide to grind a little bit... No members of my guild were online because I'm EU, not many people on the server. Perfect time, right? No. I found a guy that was also looking for some grinding also, and we made a party. 5 minutes in the grind comes a guy (he knows who he is) level 31 and kill us both. Some of my armour got destroyed, the party got stopped, and for me that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Why? He got no experience, he got no drops, nothing at all was beneficial to him. Nothing. And on top of that, he was complaining that he had only killed 6 people on the map... In back of my mind, why even one? What's the point? And he's not alone. Sometimes there's loads in front of a portal, just killing on sight...

This guy for me was the really surprising. If there was 4 or 5, then you can get some friends and join a party to kill them. And that actually might be fun. Figuring out who's the healer, decide a strategy, etc... At least for battle experience in group, it might be interesting.

One random guy killing everyone that he could see for no reason at all? I can't understand that, unless he just want people to go away from the game. At least at that time.

In the end, of the 6 people he killed, one quit the other one left the game. Probably 2 or more lost some armour, and I bet that all 6 got more frustrated on top of the normal frustration.

In the end, a message to all solo killers that kill all the other lonely players, consider go easy on them. You might need a crafter for that armour you want, or for that vessel you are using, or maybe to get you the Foreman disc you really want.

I hope you (the guy) are happy about your doings. Keep up the good work.

Again, I hope this will come as a constructive criticism. Let me know what you think, it might gave me an idea of the other mind set of players. And will make me decide if I would came back one day.

PS: I know I'm just one guy, and who cares about one simple guy? The problem is I'm sure I'm not the only one that had quit because of this.

Actually this is the last reason why I would quit a pvp game.

The reason I may quit is a hundred other reasons - but not this.

One day I will take the time to write a long post on all the things I am unhappy with about the game - but there are so many I just don't have the time.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Rudedawg said:

Actually this is the last reason why I would quit a pvp game.

The reason I may quit is a hundred other reasons - but not this.

One day I will take the time to write a long post on all the things I am unhappy with about the game - but there are so many I just don't have the time.

You left me speechless. This community is soooooooo good. Keep up the support! And kill those low level morrons.

Edited by Kvathros
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kvathros said:

You left me speechless. This community is soooooooo good. Keep up the support! And kill those low level morrons.

Actually I am a very new player and I do not gank low levels.

But when I have been ganked it just makes me want to get better, get better gear, try different skills etc...

I guess everyone responds to pvp differently.

Actually I am jealous of you - at least you got ganked.

I love getting ganked, gets the blood moving - I play this game to pvp not to farm mobs.

Edited by Rudedawg
Posted (edited)

Veteran players ganking people in the tutorial world is always going to be pretty crappy.  As things stand right now Infected is the tutorial world and you cannot even really start exploring your build until skypoint because that's where you get your domain and the tutorial quests send you there pre-30.  It's a really terrible experience for new players struggling to figure out builds, how to play, how domains even work, how crafting works, etc.  They're prolly not even comfortable playing whatever first build they have yet and some veteran just comes by and stomps them repeatedly.  Even worse when they are geared and vesseled veterans far stronger stats-wise than the average player.

Even worse there have been some cases of people being ganked outside of skypoint by these vesseled twinks in lower level zones like Yerog and Moosename.

Edited by Ralathar44
On 5/11/2021 at 6:12 AM, Kvathros said:

Why? He got no experience, he got no drops, nothing at all was beneficial to him. Nothing. And on top of that, he was complaining that he had only killed 6 people on the map... In back of my mind, why even one? What's the point? And he's not alone. Sometimes there's loads in front of a portal, just killing on sight...

You cant be serious?

Killing people for no reason at all is normal and to be expected in a pvp game. If its possible to do, expect people to do it. 

Thinking that he got nothing out of it or had no reason or benefit to kill people....he got the experience and enjoyment out of knowing he made your day just a little sh**tier. Thats the main reason why people like that play and why games like this where you lose lose items/progress on death eventually eat themselves and implode from lack of players. The only difference with Crowfall is that it doesnt have any players to begin with so that process should happen in record time.

21 hours ago, Ralathar44 said:

Veteran players ganking people in the tutorial world is always going to be pretty crappy.

It is particularly egregious currently because it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Veteran players know where the noobs will be, and many of us have vessels, gear, disciplines, and badges that new players couldn't compete with even if they had game knowledge and skill

I'll say this again for those in the back: the power disparity between the haves and the have nots is way too high. It isn't fun for either side because there is no satisfaction in winning a fight that takes no effort, and it feels bad to engage in a fight you most likely cannot win. 

Now, a lot of veteran players will attempt to side step the issue by saying that skill disparity is more significant than stat disparity (as if that is relevant), but notice how many of those same players also complain about smaller power gaps in Hungerdome.

@Kvathros There is a time between Dregs campaigns when hardcore players join Infected and roam around for fights.

In original CF philosophy there will be different world with different level of hardcoreness: 

1. God's Reach = newbie area

2. The Infected = faction PvP with low risk/low reward

3. The Shadow =  faction/alliance PvP with with medium risk/medium reward

4. The Dregs = guild PvP with highest risk/highest reward.

The reason why you don't see such split yet is because game is in testing phase, population is small and there is no point splitting it.

Once the game releases you will be able to find the world that suits your needs and play with/against players with the same mindset.

It is definitely frustrating when veteran player comes to area with new players and annihilates them.

9 minutes ago, ComradeAma said:

@Kvathros There is a time between Dregs campaigns when hardcore players join Infected and roam around for fights.

In original CF philosophy there will be different world with different level of hardcoreness: 

1. God's Reach = newbie area

2. The Infected = faction PvP with low risk/low reward

3. The Shadow =  faction/alliance PvP with with medium risk/medium reward

4. The Dregs = guild PvP with highest risk/highest reward.

The reason why you don't see such split yet is because game is in testing phase, population is small and there is no point splitting it.

Once the game releases you will be able to find the world that suits your needs and play with/against players with the same mindset.

It is definitely frustrating when veteran player comes to area with new players and annihilates them.

Veteran players shoud get a massive debuf when entering lowbie areas, WAR turned em into nearly helpless chickens.

macdeath_sig.png