Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.520.0 Live Feedback for 5/17/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Love the game! You guys have really improved it a lot since I last played a few months back. I'd say maybe clean up the UI, doesn't feel as intuitive as could be, I wish I had some references to give you but I can't think of any at the moment. Also having the ability to run and have inventory or other things open would be awesome. 

The game definitely has a good start to it. The crafting seems great and combat seems good so far. One glitch I noticed was that the names and health bars would disappear or would become stationary, I had my friend run around his own nameplate at one point. One thing the game desperately needs is a re-spec system, players may want to make changes to their character's build, right now, the only option is to restart their character which constricts play-style and will drive away players.

Love the game. Made a high elf assassin (almost level 31), really enjoying it so far. However, please add customizable armor. (or at least  be able to look like other sets already in the game) The high-elf set looks down right terrible. I feel like Aladdin's servant and don't look cool at all. I love the assasin but I feel like I need to make a new one just because the high elf set looks so bad, I dont feel like any assasin (anywhere) would ever wear that. The helmet doesnt even make sense. (maybe be able to disable the helm) A couple of other ideas...the game itself is great fun but it feels pretty empty. Adding world bosses who drop cool loot would be great. Might need a little more PVE to keep people interested. You should get XP for capping points. Respec would be great. WE NEED consensual DUELS (where you dont kill each other) so we can practice in town without dying and see what works and what doesn't. A better way to search for player made towns / merchants. (maybe have a review system so people know which one's are worthless) Add cloaks and hoods! They look cool and people love them! Keep up the game, I love it so far! 

Edited by Freyja

Today is my first day playing Crowfall and I really enjoy the overall aspect of the game and the classes seem super fun aswell. I made it to level 24 as a crusader and the starting area was great with quests that were easy to follow and understand what to do. However, once I got to level 18 and had to go into the Faction vs Faction area, there was no guidance on what to actually do from there. One of the biggest complaints I have about the game throughout the entire game is the lack of explaining what to do, how to do things, where to go etc. This became especially true when I tried to get into some crafting. I usually love crafting in games and find it really enjoyable but in Crowfall you guys made it soo complicated with zero explanation on how to get started crafting things past the basic items. After an hour or so of trying to figure it out myself, I decided to ask community and they explained you need to the Domain things in order to even start. So I got the weaponsmith one and wanted to try to make an advanced mace which I thought now that I have this Domain things should go smoothly. However, I start working on making all the pieces only to come to find out I have to now start ANOTHER crafting profession just to get the Grip in order to make my weapon??? Like common that is taking it way to far in my opinion. Now I know you can buy the grip from other players people said but trying to use the player housing trading system is an absolute nightmare. So basically I am now going to have to make another character just to make a leatherworker in order to make a grip for my advanced mace. 

Overall I think you guys have a great foundation for the game but you truly need to work on being able to explain things to new players much better because I can honestly say as someone who has played thousands of hours in mmos, rpgs etc. this game made me more frustrated on just basic items of the game more than any other game I can remember. I do want to say though I am going to continue playing and see if I can work through things and see if joining a guild will help aswell.

7 hours ago, Spiritfinder said:

Also having the ability to run and have inventory or other things open would be awesome. 

FYI, you can do this - it's in Settings > UI and turn Exit Cursor Mode on Player Movement to off

tiPrpwh.png

Duelist Slayer's baseline abilities feel pretty underwhelming to use and their DPS is only moderate with some other classes like Alpha Warrior and Confessor making their DPS feel absolutely poor by comparison, especially their lack of AOE ability.  I'm sure they're being hamster-strung a bit because they are stealth, but ultimately they don't feel near as satisfying to play as other classes do.

The problems I believe contribute to this:

- The core Slayer loop of auto-attacks > flintlock > rapid fire gets old fast and to get any variety you need to use domians.  

- No domains allow you to keep that pistol slayer feel.  Compare this to say, Archer.  You can get additional bow abilities with your domains for Archer to keep you feeling very bow focuses while adding more variety and utility to your kit.  It'd be nice to see some domains that added more pistol abilities that also added the ability to use pistols to other classes too.  Closest you can currently get is Shadow using stuff like Gapfinder and Nightstalker.  Other domains are either adding supernatural effects or doubling down on stealth.

- The concept and playstyle of dual pistols appears to be "generate pips > use long duration sustained damage ability".  However this seems to conflict with the design of stealth's focus on dealing burst damage, hit and run attacks, crippling attacks, etc.  As a result it never really feels like you get to live that dual pistol DPS life.  It feels more like dual pistols has been stapled to a stealth class and you're a stealth class first with dual pistols sprinkled in as flavoring.  This could just be a conflict in expectations between player desire and design reality, but it feels bad and I've now heard of enough people to have this impression I'm willing to write this feedback comment. 

- I wonder if Slayer could be a tree like Archer which sacrifices some of the classes abilities to engage in it's own specialization.  Perhaps Slayer could give up the ability to stealth or to restealth in return for a more satisfying DPS experience.  Or perhaps we just need a gunslinger class :D.

- Primary DPS ability Rapid Fire is incredibly vulnerable to CC.  So your already mediocre (at least compared to dedicated DPS classes) damage is hamster-strung against any wise opponent.

- Reliance on limited Pips resource means that additional attacks you get actually interfere with your primary DPS flow/rotation.  Some like shrivel fit well into a rotation, others like Ghost Army break your rotation and also do not provide enough return for that opportunity cost.  IMO some abilities like Ghost Army need to scale with pips to have any chance of being useful to a Slayer since you're spending so much time channeling and stationary not generating pips and IIRC it only spends 2 pips and gives very modest to minor returns for it.

- Dynamite is useless outside of PVE.  Stealth is just far too powerful to give up for slightly more AOE damage tied to ultimate cooldowns.

I personally ended up giving up on Slayer by making mine a Bard after trying to make the base class work AND be interesting without completely relying on the crutch of stealth (which again feels antithetical to the core DPS loop of Slayer).  I feel like I could make it work well or be interesting to play, but never both.  And even in it's most effective builds that I tried it PALES in comparison to the damage my Confessor can throw down with their base kit while still needing to spend most of it's time visible due to it's rapid fire DPS loop being sustained damage.

Ghost Army is a neato ability but felt very unreliable with any changes in elevation.  I believe I saw this ability missing enemies constantly if they were above or below me on slopes and a few times even on relatively flat ground.  It was hard to even get a feel for it's exact balance due to it's unreliability.

Edited by Ralathar44

It would be cool to be able to look at what vessel you currently have equipped, once you put it on you can't see what it's giving you for stats

Would be great if the "Events" chat tab was its own window. With the notifications driving player movement and behavior, I like to have it active but also want to participate in the game's chat.

Edited by MurphyAKL

Crowfall's guild-level game loops remain broken due to non-existence. The logic of hardcore PvPers who said they would quit if they have to PvE was flawed. We actually quit when there is no PvP. There is no PvP when there is nothing to fight over. There is nothing to fight over when there is no demand for things in the world. 

You cannot have this game work without major city maintenance. Without persistent, massive gold demands...it's just not going to work. And, combine that with needing to get that gold from Dregs, not Infected. We also need rolling guild membership dues.

I wish it would work differently; I wish the way you built the game could function, but it will not. The sooner you accept that and make the necessary alterations, the better. I'm sorry you listened to the people you did, but they were wrong.

If what they said was true, that they would only and all play if there was no PvE demand...where are they? Please note, they are all playing games with much more PvE than Crowfall. Or games that aren't MMOs because they don't have the attention span for the genre. Either way, they aren't here and they won't be back. 

Edited by McTan

Knight could use some love. the armor break aoe is meh archers can do it with barrage from 30meters away. Templar block is way better so not really much going for knight even templar has pull now. I would like to see the 3 button combo obliterate streamlined and oath of will to be a one button ability. Also block needs some work on knight it punishes you for blocking vs templar you get rewarded. the dmg buff from blocking lasts a nano second and should last a lot longer . I shouldnt be punished for taking big hits while blocking esp as a secutor "tank" . Also secutor needs some kind of ability that either reduces enemy damage with a shout or and guard ability instead of full str. Full str seems like an odd choice for a tank and no tank ability other that a short pdm button. Also pursuit needs to be reverted . maybe just increase the cd a little for swordsman but all the other specs suffered a lot from the change . Also why is there 2 tank specs for knight seems odd. I feel secutor needs more ways to take debuffs . I use to be able to take plauge lord and heal debuff a called target as a tank . Secutor gets no way to take a heal debuff now that death isnt an option.   The tankyness and dmg seems very out of wack when literally every other tank pit , frostguard , paladin, fury does it better the both departments. 

We don't have access to Exclusive Full Screen Mode in the Crowfall Graphics options. Generally Unity games run much better with Exclusive Full Screen Mode. In the past, many Developers have opted out of it because it caused issues. I believe that those issues have been fixed quite some time ago. If Exclusive Full Screen Mode works for the version of Unity you guys are currently using, then there's likely a lot of performance being left on the table. If there are still some caveats, perhaps users should have a choice to enable Exclusive Full Screen Mode and deal with them. Maybe just add a big old warning toast before allowing to switch.

3 hours ago, Preclude said:

We don't have access to Exclusive Full Screen Mode in the Crowfall Graphics options. Generally Unity games run much better with Exclusive Full Screen Mode. In the past, many Developers have opted out of it because it caused issues. I believe that those issues have been fixed quite some time ago. If Exclusive Full Screen Mode works for the version of Unity you guys are currently using, then there's likely a lot of performance being left on the table. If there are still some caveats, perhaps users should have a choice to enable Exclusive Full Screen Mode and deal with them. Maybe just add a big old warning toast before allowing to switch.

have you tried using command line "-window-mode exclusive" when launching?

I think there are two major elements still missing to make the campaign cycle more complete and engaging. These are: 1) player progression associated with campaign engagement, and 2) adding more "strategy" to the campaign map.

1) Player progression: with the removal of the passive training system and the migration of the bonuses it provided into the disciplines/vessels we lost several things that are really important to MMORPGs: a longer time horizon progression system to drive continued engagement, an account wide progression system, and a branching system of choices that provides greater distinction and flavor. I think the current vessel/discipline system is functioning OK for what it is, but I would encourage you to prioritize adding another layer to progression to reintroduce what was lost by the removal of passives. I would also encourage you to tie this progression to engagement in the campaigns. I think this is also an opportunity to utilize the rich world building you've done with respect to the pantheon of gods. My suggestion would be to reward engagement in Divine Favor objectives with a kind of currency that can be applied towards an account wide progression tree that is centered on the 12 gods. Progressing in favor with a specific god would provide unique passives, major/minors, and other buffs (tool decay, increased gold/dust rates, etc.). To make this not yield an insurmountable power imbalance between veterans and new players, a player should have to choose to champion only one god at a time, thus activating their unique buffs. I think a system like this that is broad but not too deep would provide a longer time horizon progression system that does not unduly disadvantage new players in PvP competition.

2) More strategic campaign map: Currently, it feels like their is no real difference between POIs on the campaign map, with the possible exception of the Castles. I think it's valuable to think of the conquest strategy game playing out on the campaign map as a kind of boardgame that is taking place on top of the MMORPG. Right now, this boardgame feels extremely one dimensional. There doesn't seem to be particular advantage to holding any one zone, keep, or fort. There is also no real strategy to conquering an area other than: thing is active in this siege window, take thing. Unfortunately, there is no one "fix" for this. I think this requires a host of changes which are probably planned on the roadmap for parcel-to-parcel, caravan revamp, territory control, and handshake sieges. To reflect on this some, and offer some suggestions for elements that I think are important to drive greater strategic options:

• I think allowing for more resource investments in locations (castles, keeps, forts) to significantly increase their conquest point values would help create varying strategic value driven by player choice.
  • I think some loose system of zone control is important. One minimal set of changes that could encourage that is: handshake sieges for keeps, sieging a keep requires control of one fort in the zone, only keeps have respawn locations. The idea being to make it more difficult to contest and siege objectives outside of regions you control
  • I think adding restrictions, disadvantages, and bonuses to POIs is important to drive unique choices. Things like certain keeps are unable to build certain building types, but they have additional advantages to other specific building types.
  • Also, having unique elements that provide alliance wide buffs when controlled are important to create a more rich strategic landscape so that zones and POIs have unique meaning. This could be buildings that are only able to be built at a specific parcels. This could be unique POIs that are associated with a keep. This could be something akin to DAOC relics. Buffs like: if you hold this mine location your guards are more powerful, or if you hold this quarry location your buildings are cheaper, if you control this refinery your forts produce some gold in addition to building mats.
Edited by Pystkeebler

8 hours ago, mystafyi said:

have you tried using command line "-window-mode exclusive" when launching?

I have, but adding command line arguments to the launcher .exe does not help. Also, I didn't see any place in the launcher to specify them for launch. As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to launch the Crowfall .exe directly.

5 hours ago, Epintoch said:

Hi i am playing tutorial and no more quests after the mount quest? seems early end compared to reading it takes to level 17. thanks

The 3rd part of the new player experience is still being worked on. For now, it's mostly done around 16-18ish. From there, you go to infected and continue a very bare bones quest to 30.

There ARE quests after the mount quest. Some folks get stuck there because they forget to talk to the stablemaster again after EQUIPPING the mount. Others get stuck because they already had a mount and didn't know to replace it with the quest mount. Does that help? @Epintoch

ALSO, in patch 6.530 (currently being tested on TEST server) the New Player Experience has been completely redesigned, IMO it's 10 times better than the one currently on Live server.

Edited by MacDeath

Mac