Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HungerDome Live Server Feedback 5/17/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing HungerDome.  This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

I've done my fair share of complaining, so also chiming in to say nice job 😀  - definitely the right direction with this patch/change!

One possible concern here is that it shifts a lot of the positives onto the "last kill". So a team that kills 4 but one gets away doesn't get rewarded, while the team that maybe 5v1s that person later on gets the reward. Additionally, IMO, fighting at the end should have the teams that are still full 5man concerned with other 5man teams primarily (at least if going for win) - not chasing solos around. This change kind of shifts the field a bit and I'm not sure it's in the best direction in that regard. Just something to consider.

In my opinion the change is very bad for new players involved in HD fights cause you know, veterans players of course have more knowledge and more chance to get a kill or eliminate a team during HD. 

It looks a lot like stronger you are stronger you become, imposing a wall in front of the different approaches and gameplay possibilities that are usually used in battle royale games.

Afaik in most br games, teams composed by new players prefer to play with caution, avoiding battles that they cannot win and using strategy to get closer to winning the game, usually that's what makes almost every battle royale based game something accessible to everyone with a little learning curve.

So while the battle royale mode with its original ruleset undoubtedly attracted new players to the game, that change can scare and push to leave many others.

Also if this is implemented in the ECS competition it would even have more downsides other than the unfairness (considering some teams took the place on the final with the old ruleset), like new players having to learn a different ruleset in so little time, totally different strategies and approaches, some comps would become useless and most important an huge change like that should never happen in the middle of an esport competition but always before the start or after the competition ends.

Posted (edited)

I dislike a meta change in the middle of an ongoing tournament, it seems unprofessional at best. And I agree, BR has never been based on k:d ratio, BR is surviving to be the last.

Maybe this change is better reserved for a new game mode, battlegrounds or team vs team matchmaking?

Edited by NoSleep

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Groovin said:

This just in, people who are good at game better than people who are not.

People who are good at deathmatches and arenas should be good at deathmatches and arenas, and battle royale mode should not be shaped to make who are good at deatmatches and arenas pretend to be good also at battle royale ;)

Edited by AntraxArtek

I am not a participant in the tournament, but if I were, I would consider this a very good change. As a viewer and Crowfall fan, even moreso, because the matches are so boring to watch currently due to risk aversion. With the opportunity to have 10,000+ viewers (theoretically), improving the rules to encourage more fighting while making the tournament more skill-based is a no-brainer. 

ps. What's up with all of the 1 post warriors and 0 post upvoters? Is this like a concerted effort for faux outrage? Seems weird and pointless.  

Posted (edited)

With the first Wildcard match in 4 days, we need a DETAILED POST with all changes ACE intends to push to the tournament server. 

Given these changes will only be made 3-4 days before the wildcards we do not have time to guess at what ACE has done.  Is the buff granted based on the last blow on the last person alive on a team (i assume this is the case... but thats just an assumption)?  Is it based on most damage done to the team?  What if the last person dies from fall damage?  Hunger?  What is the trigger for adding the buff?  What is the stacking formula? Straight additive? multiplicative?  Are the capture circle changes going in? 

The player base can usually work around ACE's poor documentation on patch notes changes, but we've only got a few hours of hunger dome time between now and the Wildcards. 

We need ACE to actually post full details of whatever the changes they intend to push to the tournament server before the wildcard matches. 

Edited by Angelmar

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Alot said:

ps. What's up with all of the 1 post warriors and 0 post upvoters? Is this like a concerted effort for faux outrage? Seems weird and pointless.  

New player here, around 2 weeks playing the game (Hunger Dome only). Not sure if you mean my feedback is less useful or less valuable than veteran ones.

Edited by AntraxArtek

2 hours ago, AntraxArtek said:

and most important an huge change like that should never happen in the middle of an esport competition but always before the start or after the competition ends.

I am shocked they would change in the middle of a tournament, but to be fair, it was needed. Plus, this isnt like a structured esport/sport tournament, more like a poker tournament with different types of qualifiers. Some folks were 'eliminated' in early rounds and just kept signing up till they made it. In fact out of total teams I think only 2 didnt qualify.

I think encouraging fights is what needs to happen, so this was a good change.
I would be more worried if it was along the lines of the old bolster buff where you just did a ton more damage and had more health. The fact that it just affects your resistance to the environment means a skilled group still wins vs an unskilled group. Just now both groups have more reason to fight, so they have a better chance once the hunger has closed right in.

231e101d88.jpg

Maybe change from 10% from eliminating a team to 1-2% per kill, atm is not that easy to eliminate teams and is unfair most of the time torward the team that put the effort to have initial engage. Usually 1 member manages to escape and gets killed by another team and its unfair that the team that did the least effort reaps the benefits.

That change is really no reason to overreact. If a Team really eliminates 6-7 teams, the match would still not be decided at that point...you just dont want to let the hunger decide at that point AND THATS GOOD

We have seen the snoozefests in the qualifiers and even if it was called "smart gameplay" and what so ever, it was simply a normal reaction to the current state of the gamemode (which is obviously flawed in that regard). 

Comparing this BR to other traditional BR's on the market is pointless, because ACE does stuff really different to them.

I can't name a BR, which supports capturable spawnpoints. Usually you have a mercymode with the option to get rezzed by teammates. Even if I personally feel that the respawn needs a revisit/tuning its also needed because of the 5man requirement for a group (which is a big squadsize compared to other BR's) and the Combat/Classsystem which doesnt allow Soloheros to Steamroll the whole Lobby unlike in Shooter BR's etc.

Fighting with the the "storm, poison, hunger, fog" is also something which is kinda unique to CF and that gets abused to the maximum with chainpull-pushcomps. Bunkersetups had to raise if you dont need to deal DMG to kill others...thats simple...or "smart". So smart that several bunkers end up in the final circle just to RNG-Gamble for the win. There is nothing smart about it and it is simply disgusting to watch. Imagine letting some random and uncontrollable buttonpresses of pushes of multiple teams decide the winner of an "E-Sports"-Event. 

Thanks ACE for doing one small step in the right direction, even if we suggested dozens of changes towards the final circle fight way before the tournament started and you now may end up changing that during the running tournament.

I know Hungerdome is made for premade groups but in the same time I guess it's also meant to be a constant battleground/arena gamestyle which might be implemented as a constant feature in release? Atleast the message appearing ingame tries to aim for all people and not only premade groups, and my deep wish and suggestion here is:

Let people who queue up and go ingame delete from the queue OR implement an accept button before the match starts. I love the HD gameplay but I am a bit lazy to get a group together mostly, so I just join up to have some fun 5vs5. Right now that's not fun though as 9/10 matches will end up with only 2/5 people beeing there and rest of group is afk or joined gvg/inf in the queue time. That just leads to 30-40min wasted time or instant leave and is avoidable in my opinion. It's a great mode and much fun because of set group numbers but as a random player not enjoyable because of the afking.

Its ridiculous to make this change mid tournament.  Teams have been practicing certain comps to the current ruleset for a while now.  I wholeheartedly agree that incentvizing kills is needed(also reducing the number of times a team can respawn), however the timing is awful.  This issue was known prior to the start of the tournament and should have been addressed then or it should be addressed after.  Also there has not been one 12 team HD match in this tournament and just the nature of having 12 team matches will increase the fights in each match.

4 hours ago, Loudeezy said:

Its ridiculous to make this change mid tournament.  

To be fair there was very little tournament or esports or even pvp in their Hunger dome. The brackets are not setup like any tournament instead being more a straight line. Ace determined the teams, placement and match sizes varied from bracket to bracket, Wins are determined not by combating other players, but who can fight the PvE hunger wall the best. 

No, this was a marketing event and is being treated as such, Tournament in name only my friend.