Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall New Player Guide - Starting with Harvesting

Hello All - 

Before I go through the effort of creating a formal new player guide on YouTube I thought I'd start with a PowerPoint presentation to help with one of the most fundamental parts of the economy loop - Harvesting.

Getting Started in Crowfall... with Harvesting: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9ytTxnv_U5xxDUFAC7vdsqZwqRpn2j7/view?usp=sharing

Crowfall community Discord: https://discord.gg/ESr5KPj

Zen's Discord: https://discord.gg/GSwQhSJkqW

Another beginners guide that I found helpful, and is referenced in my guide: -L.F.G.- A Beginner's Guide to Gathering - Crafting & Economy - Crowfall Community 

Great job @AltybearI just took a slightly different approach in this presentation format.

I welcome any feedback that could make this more helpful for new players, and if the community finds this helpful, then I will move forward with videos and future edits as needed.

- Zen (a.k.a. Zenatos/Zenithra)

The "Zen" - Zenithra/Zenatos

KGV_sig.png

Great guide! It goes very well with Altybear's guide.  I would add that for skinning, there are general locations for animals to be found currently. Wolves are most likely to be found around mountains where there are stone motherlodes. You can also find a lot of auroch here, though they are fairly common throughout the world. Cats are found primarily in canyons that have high concentrations of ore and stone. A lot of muskhog are also found in these canyons. Spiders can sometimes be found in these, but now also have their own ruined town locations. covered in cobwebs. Bears are primarily found in large named forests. The forests also have a tendency for a large concentration of elk. Muskhog, elk and auroch are the most common animals to be found randomly spread across the map.

The animals that appear as red(aggressive) will have mature versions that can drop necromancy additives. These are spiders, bears, cats and wolves. Generally the yellow matures(auroch, muskhog and elk) don't tend to drop the additives. 

Just now, Zaldar said:

Can you do one of these for crafting - seems my Gerbil isn't good for gathering (le sigh) 

"Gerbil" is one of the best gatherers and crafters. Good int/dex, an extra ring slot, and for gathering, stealth. 

Oh I see, you think it's not good because of the guide. Those are just the racial bonuses. In the long-term they become less valuable. If you plan to play Campaigns, I would suggest playing either a Guinea or whatever you're most comfortable PvPing on, because it's important to keep what you harvest.

By the way, there's some information about crafting in Alty's Gathering guide, linked above. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Alot said:

"Gerbil" is one of the best gatherers and crafters. Good int/dex, an extra ring slot, and for gathering, stealth. 

That is what I thought would be the case given the description why I choose them.  I especially love the fact that gathering and crafting depends on your stats - that was a breath of fresh air and not something I think anyone has done before.  Guide above though had suggested races for each gathering type and Gerbil wasn't one (I can't remember how to spell the real name sorry not meant as an insult - is there an excepted short hand for the race)?

Looks like Strength important for mining and such (which makes sense) how important is that really?

Also thank you for answering all my questions - you love responding to my posts ;).

Edited by Zaldar
1 minute ago, Zaldar said:

Looks like Strength important for mining and such (which makes sense) how important is that really?

For most/all harvesting professions int and dex are very important for Critical Harvest Chance and Critical Harvest Amount. This is what makes Guineas so strong.

The primary stat for gathering impacts damage, which you can generally get via other means. The racial bonuses are also for this stat, which is why it's less important in the late game. 

On 6/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, Zaldar said:

Can you do one of these for crafting - seems my Gerbil isn't good for gathering (le sigh) 

Hi Zaldar - welcome to Crowfall! Our guild will likely make one of these for Crafting as well - just haven't had time yet. Glad you found the guild helpful for now - will do what I can when work schedule allows.

The "Zen" - Zenithra/Zenatos

KGV_sig.png

On 6/7/2021 at 10:10 PM, Zaldar said:

Also Guines are great for gathering, the stats are mildly important but your tools will make the world of difference, to that effect I suggest you check out runecrafting. If you need crafting help feel free to hit me up either in game or on discord Altybear#1128