Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.530 TEST Feedback for 5/21/2021

TEST Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Posted (edited)

Doing the NPE on Test server, Toolsmith Obsidian asked me to craft a basic knife... I did, and she said:   (a moment later she knew it was a knife again, yes, Crowfall crafting CAN  make you crazy)unknown.png

Edited by MacDeath

Mac

NPE Quest: 'With Patience Come Disipline' givin by NPC Gaius, appears to be bugged. Several of us killed Thralls for 15 to 20 minutes and got no Disc drops. Yes, I AM aware of the irony in telling us to be patient. unknown.png

Mac

General feedback on the new NPE:

It's much better than it was before, so props for that. This new NPE is much longer than before and it brings some new issues with it, as new players will most likely have spent more time playing before getting to level 30 than before.

Major discplines are taught and awarded too late in the quest line. You should be told about them at the same time as you currently tell them to get the exploration discipline (which is a lot less important at that stage). Players need to be thinking about their domain choices early on. I would also direct them to the respec area with 1 single free respec once they hit level 30. My concern is that currently the quest line is pretty long for a new player, doesn't explain domains to them so they don't think about a build early on. Then when they're close to level 30 you drop this on them (most new players will realise they screwed up their build as this point) with no way to correct their mistakes. This will discourage a lot of players thinking that they have to go through the entire questline again to correct a mistake they made. A single free respec awarded by the sentinel would be good here as well as make players aware they can do this more regularly if they buy a VIP.

Gear progression during the questline is too slow. You spend most of it in cloth and it takes away from the feel of progression. Alow players to get leather/mail/plate equipemt around the time they have selected their promotion as it is cool to finally be able to wear plate for example. I would say somewhere towards the end of the sun elf quest would be a good place for that.

I admit to not reading all the quest text so apologies if it is explained, but crafting disciplines and crafting/harvesting toolbelts are not explained, nor are the disciplien drops from higher level resources or advanced crafts. As I'm hoping the current system is still just a placeholder, it might not be worth spending time on this now until the final system is in place.

Last point is just nitpicking, but at the start when you are told to go to the camp to make food, the NPC still says you can starve if you don't eat. Without a chicken ticker this is fake news!

9 hours ago, Eburon said:

My concern is that currently the quest line is pretty long for a new player, doesn't explain domains to them so they don't think about a build early on. Then when they're close to level 30 you drop this on them (most new players will realise they screwed up their build as this point) with no way to correct their mistakes. This will discourage a lot of players thinking that they have to go through the entire questline again to correct a mistake they made. A single free respec awarded by the sentinel would be good here as well as make players aware they can do this more regularly if they buy a VIP.

This is classic tactic of designing your game around sales. 

Bugs?:
- You can't read skills or item desc. while auto-running

- it takes a long time to revive in Moon area especially

quest at brak:
equips the bandage auto so the quest is auto complete,
doesn't help understanding what happened

Muskog quest:
they don't drop meat but at least the quest tells you it's complete
Why do the wolfs drop meat like harvesting nodes?

Dawnchild:
rocks should be in front of Dawnchild not behind since there is no quest marker

Moon temple quest: 
Some names are reused from previous quests

The up/down little arrow for quest markers is a good idea but needs to be bigger or a different color (also the compass direction need to be a different color and outlined cause we lose them in the sky most of the time).

1 hour ago, Spawl said:

In settings go to UI then turn EXIT CURSOR MODE ON PLAYER MOVEMENT to Off. It is on by default. 

I have no idea why they changed it back to On for default when the majority of players prefer this option off.

Good changes:

The pop-up that shows up in the first few minutes mentioning Sky Point and HungerDome as directions to go.

The notice that pops up and sticks, telling you received gear from the NPC quest givers.

Don't have to switch servers/world to Infected to finish the NPE now.

Questionable:

Starting quest to kill wolves, meat drops instantly on kill as doobers, but the next stage to kill musk hogs you have to skin to get meat. Slight inconsistency in how things work.

Why does my fae assassin have Trailmaster?

The map rune gate paths for different temples in Gods Reach looks really confusing at first glance.

Following the quest line into Sun Temple - the mobs go from like level 10 in Earth Temple to level 17 Sun Elves.

Error/Bug

In The Aborium zone in GR, in the Map view, "Juliet's Point" map label has character errors and looks like "Juliet[box]_Point"

Posted (edited)

Currently you cannot hover over items while moving/autorunning.

I feel that the mini-boss/boss creatures in the tutorial should be a little stronger to represent some of the ranks of mobs. The Spirit Elk in the moon canyon for instance is 4 levels lower than the ghost elk that populate the canyon around it. Another thing I think could be good is making the "Weakened Chief" more inline with a captain of the same level.

I really like the more winding path between Commander Ismene and Gaius at the Thrall Village with the Hungrified Bear. It feels so much more natural that the straight lines through many of the forests that feel like artifacts of the parcel system at times.

One final things, I'd like to see a gate that goes straight to Skypoint from the earth temple so you don't need to do 2 loading screens consecutively.

I'm adding things as I go so this may be edited more times.

Edited by TwoLucky

Did the normal progression of making a new toon and going through the quest line with no help from vendors or players. I got to sun temple at lvl 10 and inside sun temple you have lvl 16 mobs. Long story short I got my ass kicked and had to turn around and find something else to level on

n0MnLtK.png?2

Posted (edited)

The Dire Gryphon of Gluttony , and the works to get there is very nice. I enjoy things like that, and it rewards exploration. :) nice touch. Now to find enough people to kill the darn thing.

I Also got to sun temple around level 13, and facing the level 16-18 mobs right outside was a bit rough. The second time coming through made sense, but the captain ( event spawned)  was lower then the local spawns . Id bump him up, and maybe make the sun elves around the tent 16-18. and scale back  the ones on the road going forward to the treb and keep to like 12-14.

-Edit 
I was also level 30 long before making it to the faction quests due to mob density, and respawn rate.

Edited by Zendarith

On 5/23/2021 at 7:33 PM, Spawl said:

In settings go to UI then turn EXIT CURSOR MODE ON PLAYER MOVEMENT to Off. It is on by default. 

you can run with windows open but can't hover on items or skills to read them