Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

feedback after some testing

Hey there,

i'll make it short:

• First, I do like the different classes and races, the many passive and active abilities and the choices for progression all in all.
    • It also makes sense that the classes are race-locked. It's a great tool to make sure no race is underrepresented.
  • I'm playing this with about 40-60 fps and 30-60 ms, but it still feels laggy and clunky as hell. This is not how an upcoming title should control and this problem pretty much affects all other aspects of the game very negatively.
    • while the combat options are quite nice and there's a lot of abilities to use and to combine, the fighting itself doesn't feel impactful or particulary fun.
  • The new-player-experience is a joke. Not only are the quests linear, they are uninspired and do not provide any fun experiences.
    • the mobs are too easy to slay
    • there is no incentive for players to group up or to interact with each other
    • when I imagine repeating this process with multiple characters, to test out classes and talents, it gets even worse. Just does not feel worth my time and money at all.

Based on those things alone, I can't see me playing this game much longer, let alone recommend it to others.

Edited by Spirate

5 hours ago, Spirate said:

Hey there,

i'll make it short:

• First, I do like the different classes and races, the many passive and active abilities and the choices for progression all in all.
    • It also makes sense that the classes are race-locked. It's a great tool to make sure no race is underrepresented.
  • I'm playing this with about 40-60 fps and 30-60 ms, but it still feels laggy and clunky as hell. This is not how an upcoming title should control and this problem pretty much affects all other aspects of the game very negatively.
    • while the combat options are quite nice and there's a lot of abilities to use and to combine, the fighting itself doesn't feel impactful or particulary fun.
  • The new-player-experience is a joke. Not even are the quests linear, they are uninspired and do not provide any fun experiences.
    • when I imagine repeating this process with multiple characters, to test out classes and talents, it gets even worse. Just does not feel worth my time and money at all.

Based on those things alone, I can't see me playing this game much longer, let alone recommend it to others.

This doesn't have to happen (Bold). 

When you play in Dregs and farm/fight over WT drops, you get far more XP sacrifice items than you need to level multiple vessels in a single campaign. Even the ones as short as the current ones. 

You only every have to do the NPE once. 

13 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

This doesn't have to happen (Bold). 

When you play in Dregs and farm/fight over WT drops, you get far more XP sacrifice items than you need to level multiple vessels in a single campaign. Even the ones as short as the current ones. 

You only every have to do the NPE once. 

I don't think you understand that that in itself is a problem too.

What good is it when you can just skip content to level your characters?

The content has to be fun, that is the whole point of a game. Progression should not be a chore.

It is not just the endgame the matters, but the whole experience.

Edited by Spirate

3 hours ago, Spirate said:

The content has to be fun, that is the whole point of a game. Progression should not be a chore.

The "endgame" and "content" is the PvP and character explorations in the form of race/class/talents/runes.  The PvE is a background to that.

It simply would not work if for every vessel you had 5,10,15 hrs of PvE leveling where you were totally ineffective for any sort of PvP, in the same world where PvP between any matchup is possible, and there are no locations where you can't be attacked by people. 

You have to be minimum viable in PvP the very moment you enter the campaigns, and that viability is being targeted at lvl 30. 

This isn't supposed to be a massive MMO PvE theme park. 

Progression is done in the "exploration" runes and belts training, and not so much in the power curve.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

4 hours ago, Spirate said:

The NPE in patch 6.530 (on Test server now) is much more fun and you will level to 30 without ever leaving the Starter Player zone.

Mac

5 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

The "endgame" and "content" is the PvP and character explorations in the form of race/class/talents/runes.  The PvE is a background to that.

It simply would not work if for every vessel you had 5,10,15 hrs of PvE leveling where you were totally ineffective for any sort of PvP, in the same world where PvP between any matchup is possible, and there are no locations where you can't be attacked by people. 

You have to be minimum viable in PvP the very moment you enter the campaigns, and that viability is being targeted at lvl 30. 

This isn't supposed to be a massive MMO PvE theme park. 

Progression is done in the "exploration" runes and belts training, and not so much in the power curve.

This has literally nothing to do with being a theme-park-game or not being one. But, now that you mentioned it, in fact, the leveling-experience feels very theme-park-like. You have one giant quest chain and the game takes you by the hand, so you can't possibly do something wrong or fail. 

If you need to be a certain level to enjoy the game or be competitive at all, but the way to get there is boring as hell, why even have a leveling system in the first place? You can just put the players through a short tutorial and then have them be where they need to be, unlocking further progression by different means as to leveling.

If you add any form of PvE into the game, even if its not the main focus, why does that content have to be so bad?

Sorry, but nothing you told me so far, changes the experience I've had and the things I pointed out. Also, as I've said, the main problem is the bad performance and clunky controls. Animations often don't feel right and fighting is not impactful. There are games that are 20 years and older, that have done this better.

4 hours ago, MacDeath said:

The NPE in patch 6.530 (on Test server now) is much more fun and you will level to 30 without ever leaving the Starter Player zone.

Thanks, maybe I'll go check that out. I don't think that this solves any of the core-problems though.

1 hour ago, Spirate said:

This has literally nothing to do with being a theme-park-game or not being one. But, now that you mentioned it, in fact, the leveling-experience feels very theme-park-like. You have one giant quest chain and the game takes you by the hand, so you can't possibly do something wrong or fail. 

If you need to be a certain level to enjoy the game or be competitive at all, but the way to get there is boring as hell, why even have a leveling system in the first place? You can just put the players through a short tutorial and then have them be where they need to be, unlocking further progression by different means as to leveling.

If you add any form of PvE into the game, even if its not the main focus, why does that content have to be so bad?

Sorry, but nothing you told me so far, changes the experience I've had and the things I pointed out. Also, as I've said, the main problem is the bad performance and clunky controls. Animations often don't feel right and fighting is not impactful. There are games that are 20 years and older, that have done this better.

I was not pointing out errors in your experience, or all the other comments you made. Those are obviously valid.

I was simply pointing out that your very specific criticism on having to do the NPE multiple times was not correct.  You don't have to do it in order to level. 

The purpose of leveling 1-30, is in fact the "short tutorial" of which you speak. It's just long enough (3hrs or so) to give you an overview of all the game mechanics.

Further progression is done by a different means. The runes/belts of professions and crafting of better gear than drops by players. 

What does not progress via leveling is the power curve of your avatar.  

On 5/23/2021 at 3:31 AM, Spirate said:

Hey there,

i'll make it short:

• The new-player-experience is a joke. Not even are the quests linear, they are uninspired and do not provide any fun experiences.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! I hope the Devs pay attention to it -

52 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I was not pointing out errors in your experience, or all the other comments you made. Those are obviously valid.

I was simply pointing out that your very specific criticism on having to do the NPE multiple times was not correct.  You don't have to do it in order to level. 

The purpose of leveling 1-30, is in fact the "short tutorial" of which you speak. It's just long enough (3hrs or so) to give you an overview of all the game mechanics.

Further progression is done by a different means. The runes/belts of professions and crafting of better gear than drops by players. 

What does not progress via leveling is the power curve of your avatar.  

The fact that this misconception occurred points out to potential issues for new player experience.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:13 AM, Spirate said:

You are spot on. The reason it feels bad is because the game was not designed to have leveling. There is no real pve in this game outside of endless grinding of poorly scripted mobs. So the reason for the NPE is to level new players up so they can become the content the game lacks.

45 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

You are spot on. The reason it feels bad is because the game was not designed to have leveling. There is no real pve in this game outside of endless grinding of poorly scripted mobs. So the reason for the NPE is to level new players up so they can become the content the game lacks.

This is the reason hungerdome is fun cause it focusing on the fun part of the game the combat, even tho i hate BR with a passion i get good fights throughout the match and i dont have to slave away to try an get purple crafting/harvesting disc and belts. Gear advantage is so huge. and all tiers outside of legendary crafted blues+ is terrible lol.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

24 minutes ago, krevra said:

This is the reason hungerdome is fun cause it focusing on the fun part of the game the combat, even tho i hate BR with a passion i get good fights throughout the match and i dont have to slave away to try an get purple crafting/harvesting disc and belts. Gear advantage is so huge. and all tiers outside of legendary crafted blues+ is terrible lol.

We are missing the pvp loop where players can gear up somehow through pvp activities. The whole gear/economy loop seems to be missing in action.