Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Discord Links Pinned - Not Valid - Also Population

Morning, 

I have the beta access.. Before I get in though.. Anyone have current Discord Links that are active Main and Community? 

Also, most video's I am watching shows very low population.. Any feedback on if its worth even trying due to no population or low pop? 

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

Official Crowfall Discord:
https://discord.gg/aXWgAR3h

Crowfall Community:
https://discord.gg/vNUSapcF

I know a lot of Youtube videos where you can see bigger fights.
I am currently a lot on the test server, because you can test the builds very easily.
On the live server are usually enough players on the road, which then gank you in PvP :D
Currently we are in the beta phase and there are certainly many players who do not play every single update.
Tonight in ~1 hour there is a Twitch stream https://www.twitch.tv/crowfallgame . Best link your Crowfall account with your Twitch account for Twitch drops beforehand. Currently Crowfall is hosting a tournament.

Edited by Blectorn

8 hours ago, Blectorn said:

Currently we are in the beta phase and there are certainly many players who do not play every single update.

This excuse seems to be the "go to".

No other game that has been successful has any trouble packing its beta with people. People spend oodles of money to play alpha, beta and early access.

1 hour ago, Toadwart said:

This excuse seems to be the "go to".

No other game that has been successful has any trouble packing its beta with people. People spend oodles of money to play alpha, beta and early access.

I think this is a fairly legitimate excuse to be honest. Crowfall is a game where people have to be invested in the outcomes for the game to work. Unfortunately that's hard to do when we've been wiped god knows how many times and the players know it's the beta and nothing actually matters.

Also with how they've had 24/7 testing there's not a lot of urgency to come in and test. If they had limited windows like most games then you'd see quite a bit more concurrent players in these windows.

I'm a super fan of the game and even I've taken a step back at this phase of testing. However I'll be back with a vengeance at launch and I imagine many others will be as well. 

19 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

I think this is a fairly legitimate excuse to be honest. Crowfall is a game where people have to be invested in the outcomes for the game to work. Unfortunately that's hard to do when we've been wiped god knows how many times and the players know it's the beta and nothing actually matters.

Also with how they've had 24/7 testing there's not a lot of urgency to come in and test. If they had limited windows like most games then you'd see quite a bit more concurrent players in these windows.

I'm a super fan of the game and even I've taken a step back at this phase of testing. However I'll be back with a vengeance at launch and I imagine many others will be as well. 

While the low population might have legitimate excuses behind it, there isn't a way to actually fact check things.

In my experience, if a game is fun, regardless of bugs, wipes, development phase, balance, whatever, people will play.

Albion Online was seeing ~23k monthly a year before launch with phases that lasted several months and had wipes, major game changes, and typical development testing pains.

Is what it is, but I've never seen such low interest be it forum chatter or active players within months of launch.

I hope launch sees a huge wave and the game can actually be played as such, but I fear either low turn out or quick drop off and the post-launch excuses will kick in that will then entirely rest on the devs improving the product and not a hidden population waiting to play.

1 hour ago, ZYBAK said:

Now this is a valid rebuttal. Fear of missing out on 'limited' things or 'special' early access.

Posted (edited)

A Kickstarter game is a long and painful process filled with disappointment. I backed Chronicles of Elyria. I'm glad that Crowfall is at least playable and there is still hope that the game will be released.

Albion Online has done a lot of things right. Maybe it's just too early to compare Crowfall with Albion Online.

Edited by Blectorn

1 hour ago, Blectorn said:

A Kickstarter game is a long and painful process filled with disappointment. I backed Chronicles of Elyria. I'm glad that Crowfall is at least playable and there is still hope that the game will be released.

Albion Online has done a lot of things right. Maybe it's just too early to compare Crowfall with Albion Online.

hehe, maybe they will release kingdoms of elyria in a couple years. But seriously, too early to compare to a 3-4 year old game? Considering where we were 6 years ago...

37 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

hehe, maybe they will release kingdoms of elyria in a couple years. But seriously, too early to compare to a 3-4 year old game? Considering where we were 6 years ago...

WTF?

I didn't know that the development was already so far 6 years ago.

Now I also want to have a cape for my tank! :D

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Blectorn said:

Not sure what your full response to me was before editing, but it's all relative. Games are as simple or complicated as the devs want to make them. They had a concept and some funding and working with that to make a quality product is the goal.

Being a "kickstarter" game doesn't mean it has to be low quality, niche, or low interest. Star Citizen raised ~$2 million during kickstarter and has gone on to raise ~$370 million. Which is far more then most AAA MMOs that have been enjoyed for years by tons of players. SC is a unique example, but I don't believe being crowdfunded instantly makes a product have to be lower end.

I use Albion as a comparison as it shares a good deal conceptually with Crowfall. It appeals to similar players and it too has struggled with major game changes during development and post launch. Yet it was more popular during development and going to guess Crowfall will never reach it's years post launch numbers. Being crowdfunded is not that reason for this. Believe their original budget wasn't enough and part of why they were selling early access even though they eventually went F2P. Can't find the actual development cost, but I doubt it was that high as they had a small team (~30), used Unity (like Crowfall), and overall operated like indie crowdfunded studios.

Elyria looked like something put together by a hobby dev on their spare time compared to the experienced team behind Crowfall. ACE hyped up their ability and player expectations early on. Guessing that is why so many backed at the start before anything was playable. Fast forward, would those same people buy the game today?

Edited by APE