Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[-LFG-] Market Days June 12th, 7 PM US Eastern Time

Posted (edited)

AgI2PMT.jpg
Lion Forge Guild is proud to present the first iteration of a marketing and community experiment we're calling Market Days!

This event, to be held Saturday June 12th at 7 pm US EST in US Gods Reach Earth Temple (location will be amended should the servers do another shuffle before then), will consist of a series of auctions for crafted items as well as a collective time and place for individuals to sell their wares outside of the Eternal Kingdoms.

My glorious team of guild members is working diligently to provide a wide array of harvesting and crafting oriented items aimed at new new to mid range level players which will be the central focus of the auction event. Naturally there will also be combat items and combat vessels available for purchase at the event. Most trading will occur in the 'Bar Area' behind the crafting stations in the earth temple. if you are a single player who would like to vend please send me your name and what items you will be selling.

As a capstone item for the auction we will be auctioning a 'Vessel Pack' consisting of a common, uncommon, and rare Guinecian vessels with a dexterity, intelligence, and gathering bonuses focus. Items will included high end crafted tools (intermediate packs and advanced packs), crafted gathering armor, crafting armor, vessels, and jewelry.

Item packs will be available for new players who are unaligned from designated members of Lion Forge Guild at the time of the event to help get you started with the gathering aspects of the game.

Due to the large number of guilds currently exiting the guild in preparation for launch to avoid burnout the guild guide has been suspended for this event. Recruiters are still welcome to attend the event of course.

Now, I make a request for the streamers and those who interact and advertise this game, I ask that you try and get the word out about this event. I'd like to see fields of new players freshly equipped with crafted gear beating each other's brains in skypoint. I'd love to see scores new lvl 30s and 31s sieging in dregs. And this event and enabling the new players to the best of my ability is how I'm choosing to try and pursue this goal.

Finally, Shout out to @RainbowBeanArt on twitter for the fantastic artwork.

m4t4hq6.png

Edited by Altybear
Posted (edited)

dxkc6hE.pngNonhT6g.png

Auction Guide

A primer on conduct and items to be sold

~---------------------------------------------------------------------------------~

• Auctions will currently be held in general chat. (whose ready for a little chaos?)

• Valid bids must include the word 'Bid' and a number correspondent to the starting bid and listed minimum bid increment.
    Example: "Bid 1200"      "I Bid 30K"    and   "Vessel Bundle Bid 40K"
    Examples of invalid Bids: "1200"      "I've got 30K"    "Vessel Bundle 40K"    "I'll pay you 99k to stop this bull#*$&"

• Gold will be the only currency used 'this' Market Days, we have plans to integrate NBR and Dust trading.

• In the event of player default on payment bid the item will go to the runner up for their correspondent bid and in the event of a second default to the third highest bidder.
    Example:    Tonks: "Bid 40"
                     Peter: "Bid 120"
                     Hagrid: "Bid 150"
                     Peter: "Bid 170"
                     Hagrid: "I Bid 2K"

If Hagrid was incapable of producing payment immediately following the auction closure the item would default to Peter for 170 and should Peter default on payment Tonks would get said item for 40. If all three default the item will be re-sold at a later date.

• Any player who defaults on payment of a item is not viable to make further bids on ANY auction item.

• Item distribution Location and player trader will be stated closer to the event

~------------------------------------------------------------------------~

All Items listed are high quality white crafted items (Except for the Vessels of course)
These items are to showcase what benefits common quality goods can grant a player when used by high end crafters.   

10 Sets of Gathering Armor
           Alternating between Leather and Mail, one of each per gathering profession.

5 Sets of Gathering Jewelry
          One set of rings and necklace per gathering profession.

2 Packs of Epic Gathering Boosts, Miner and Logger
          These will include an Epic gathering disc, Advanced Rune Tools, and some potions to help get you going.

5 Packs of Tool Bombs!
          Packs of 15 intermediate gathering runetools, all minimum 15+ with added durability.

8 Sets of Crafting Gear
         Each set of gear includes both Jewelry and Armor

2 Feast Packs
        Each pack contains a plethora of food goods, one set oriented towards crafting and gathering buffs, the other combat buffs.

2 Vessel Packs
        A level 31 and 32 pack and a level 31, 32, and 33 pack. Stats to be posted prior to event. ~------------------------------------------------------------------------~ACwCVzY.png

New Gatherer Packs will be given out at the event. These packs will consist of 3x high end intermediate rune tools, 1x uncommon discipline, 10x Kebabs of the correspondent gathering type, and 10x gathering potions. Only available whilst supplies last. One pack per non-guilded player.

Player Vendors will be selling their own higher quality goods as well. Starting bids, bid increments, and total bonus stats per set will be posted prior to the event.

Edited by Altybear
Posted (edited)

1. Mail Mining Armor
Starting Bid: 500 Gold
Required Minimum Increase: 100 Gold

Armor: 1544
Critical Harvest Chance: +13.76%
Critical Amount Bonus: +1.15

2. Leather Mining Armor

Armor: 812
Critical Harvest Chance: +10.49%
Critical Amount Bonus: +0.87
cJvqxX7.png
3. Mail Quarrying Armor

Armor: 1515
Critical Harvest Chance: +13.02%
Critical Amount Bonus: +1.08

4. Leather Quarrying Armor

Armor: 882
Critical Harvest Chance: +10.42%
Critical Amount Bonus: +0.86

5. Mail Logging Armor

Armor: 1552
Critical Harvest Chance: +13.75%
Critical Amount Bonus: +1.14

6. Leather Logging Armor

Armor: 821
Critical Harvest Chance: +10.49%

7. Mail Skinning Armor

Armor: 1562
Critical Harvest Chance: +13.67%
Critical Amount Bonus: +1.14

8. Leather Skinning Armor

Armor: 838
Critical Harvest Chance: +10.09%
Critical Amount Bonus: +.83

9. Mail Digging Armor

Armor: 1559
Critical Harvest Chance: +13.96%
Critical Amount Bonus: +1.16

10. Leather Digging Armor

Armor: 827
Critical Harvest Chance: +10.41%
OJSvun8.png
11. Advanced Miner Package
Starting Bid: 1000 Gold

Contains 1x Epic Miner Exploration Discipline, Advanced Tools, and Mining Potions.

12. Mining Intermediate Tool Bomb
Starting Bid: 100 Gold

Contains 15x Intermediate Rune Pickaxes

13. Quarrying Intermediate Tool Bomb

Contains 15x Intermediate Quarrying Hammers

14. Logging Intermediate Tool Bomb

Contains 15x Intermediate Rune Axes

15. Skinning Intermediate Tool Bomb

Contains 15x Intermediate Skinning Knives

16. Digging Intermediate Tool Bomb

Contains 15x Intermediate Shovel Rune Tools

17. Advanced Logger Package, Includes Epic Disk

Contains 1x Epic Logger Exploration Discipline, Advanced Tools, and Logging Potions.

18. Alchemist Crafting Set (Armor & Jewelry)

Armor: 946
Alchemy: 8.24
Experimentation: 7.9
Intelligence: 1.32
Experimentation Difficulty Reduction: 1.48

19. Runecrafter Crafting Set (Armor & Jewelry)

Armor: 899
Runemaking: 8.22
Experimentation: 7.31
Intelligence: 2.29
Experimentation Difficulty Reduction: 0.92

20. Armorsmith Crafting Set (Armor & Jewelry)

Armor: 946
Blacksmithing: 7.67
Experimentation: 7.01
Intelligence: 2.46
Experimentation Difficulty Reduction: 1.44

21. Weaponsmith Crafting Set (Armor & Jewelry)

Armor: 1072
Blacksmithing: 10.64
Experimentation: 9.49
Intelligence: 1.98
Experimentation Difficulty Reduction: 1.26

22. Jewelcrafter Crafting Set (Armor & Jewelry)

Armor: 939
Jewelcrafting: 7.98
Experimentation: 7.55
Intelligence: 2.35
Experimentation Difficulty Reduction: 1.42

23. Leatherworker Crafting Set (Armor & Jewelry)

Armor: 924
Leatherworker: 7.84
Experimentation: 6.93
Dexterity: 2.63
Experimentation Difficulty Reduction: 1.66

24. Necromancer Crafting Set (Armor & Jewelry)

Armor: 926
Necromancy: 7.84
Experimentation: 7.51
Intelligence: 2.49
Experimentation Difficulty Reduction: 1.82

25. Woodworker Crafting Set (Armor & Jewelry)

Armor: 925
Woodworker: 7.9
Experimentation: 7.56
Intelligence: 2.63
Experimentation Difficulty Reduction: 1.82

26. Mining Ring & Necklace Set

Strength: 3.35
Damage Bonus: .67%
Mining: 3.12
Attack Power: 11.15%
Harvest Efficiency Bonus: 3.31%

27. Quarrying Ring & Necklace Set

Strength: 3.66
Damage Bonus: .68%
Quarrying: 2.96
Attack Power: 13.32
Harvest Efficiency Bonus: 3.63%

28. Logging Ring & Necklace Set

Strength: 3.60
Damage Bonus: .94%
Logging: 5.21
Attack Power: 11.75
Harvest Efficiency Bonus: 3.32%

29. Skinning Ring & Necklace SetWuG6IO7.png

Dexterity: 2.57
Damage Bonus: .68%
Skinning: 4.44
Attack Power: 11.28
Harvest Efficiency Bonus: 3.5%

30. Digging Ring & Necklace Set

Strength: 3.13
Damage Bonus: .60%
Dining: 2.84
Attack Power: 12.81
Harvest Efficiency Bonus: 4.34%

31. Feast Package, A plethora of food items oriented towards gathering
Starting Bid: 4000 Gold
20 total unique items all with harvesting oriented buffs for a total of 166 individual consumable items!jEpIwz1.png

32. Feast Package, A plethora of food items oriented towards crafting
Starting Bid: 4000 Gold
3 Unique items all with crafting oriented buffs for a total of 12 individual consumable items!

33. Lv32 Vessel Guinecean Package (Common/Uncommon)
Starting Bid: 5000 Gold
Required Minimum Increase: 1000 Gold
iKGvVeA.pngTYjPYM3.png

40. Lv33 Vessel Package Guinecean (Common/Uncommon/Rare)
Starting Bid: 8000 Gold
Required Minimum Increase: 1000 Gold

dw3279x.png1yV1Nw3.pngFTSCA0A.png

Edited by Altybear

This is a great idea Alty! I hope this works out and there is a good showing. I'm going to do my best to attend in either an official guild sense or a non-official sense and if there is anything you want help with let me know and I'll try to help out!

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, with the upcoming release I wanted to assure everyone that Market Days is still on!

However I have a personal request to the veterans of the community! I've done my due diligence for trying to make the crafting and gathering as accessible as possible. And now I need your help for a shallow attempt to do the same to combat!

My reason for putting it on this forum is that come the 12th I'll be directing everyone in game to this forum post specifically. At that time I'd like as much concentrated information in one location as possible. 

For those of you who are experienced with different classes could you answer the following questions/template? Feel free to add your own commentary as well. 

Class Name: 

Races Available:

What role on the battle field does this class fill? (Avoid catch all terms like dps and tank and explain why these classes fit this role)

Is this class better for dueling, small skirmish, or large field battle?

Which stats should I be Investing in as I level? 

Are there any weapon stats that work really well with this class aside from attack/support power?

What are the core abilities for this class (the essentials on the talent tree) before specialization?

Is there any ability synergy that the game doesn't explain well? 

Which specializations work best with a group? Solo/dueling?

Are there any Domains you personally reccomend? Any you lean away from? 

Are there any guides that are currently relevant to this class you can reccomend? 

Edited by Altybear

Class Name: Myrmidon

Races Available: Half-Giant, Minotaur, Stoneborn

What role on the battlefield does this class fill?: Myrmidons are all melee bruisers with decent to great utility depending on promotion. Low-cooldown Net Pull and high mobility and CC defense from the talent tree and promotions allow a Myrmidon to get to where they'll be most effective in fights or pull enemy players out of position with relative ease compared to most other melee choices. Conquerors are the highest mobility promotion available due to Crowd Control immunity from their Berserk modifier and Whirlwind while bringing a lot of control of their own to the table, Titans bring a ton of simple raw damage, and Battleragers are extremely difficult to kill or pressure in most situations while still bringing significant debuffs and decent control to the table.

Is this class better for dueling, small skirmish, or large field battle?: Titans are incredible for dueling or skirmishing, but can be awkward and extremely unforgiving in large field battles. Conquerors are a powerful choice for any situation, though they struggle a bit against builds with large amounts of CC immunity, and Battleragers are average at dueling, but can be strong in small skirmish or large field battles in terms of getting powerful disciplines and debuffs consistently onto hard targets.

Which stats should I be Investing in as I level?: Strength and Constitution are your primary stats. Constitution is important as a high max HP pool helps you not get bursted down between your Berserks, which while they are up offer incredible sustain but have a 4 second downtime very 10 seconds or so as of the writing of this post, and Strength is important because it offers you the best bang for your buck in terms of damage from Attack Power and Damage Bonus.

Are there any weapon stats that work really well with this class aside from attack/support power?: Myrmidons right now can abuse a mainhand heavy weapon quite effectively, getting access to far better weapon damage without having to change your pattern of play really at all since Fury regenerates incredibly quickly and all Myrmidons have several ways to access Power Efficiency if they wish.

What are the core abilities for this class (the essentials on the talent tree) before specialization?: Net Pull and Whirlwind are must-haves in every single Myrmidon build, other than maybe a toon you only intend to duel with for Whirlwind I suppose. The talent tree for Myrmidon is quite well designed other than that, there's an argument to be made for every node but Gift of Blood in my opinion, which is simply too narrow to be truly strong right now.

Is there any ability synergy that the game doesn't explain well?: This one's a doozy for Myrmidon as berserk especially has many bugs right now, but the most readily applicable thing to learn for new players is probably which abilities on your bar to animation cancel. Gore and Serrated Blade especially can be animation cancelled fairly early into their animations with both Berserk and Neck Slash, and you can really increase your effective damage by committing the timing to muscle memory where the hitbox will still come out but all of the recovery animation can be skipped and movement or more damage abilities can be started up earlier.

Which specializations work best with a group? Solo/dueling?: Titan is one of the strongest dueling classes in the game, Conqueror is very strong at that too, but I'd not recommend the Battlerager. It's workable, and has some good matchups against some classes that are usually quite strong against melee duelists like Vindicator, but the way their Berserk crash mitigation works is far easier to game for an opponent in a duel than it is in a group. Battlerager gets tankier the more enemies there are around to hit, in essence, so they lose some of their inherent strengths in a duel setting. All of the promotion classes are workable in small groups, and then in large fights I'd again not recommend one of the promotions, Titan, as it simply has to spend too much time trying to keep itself alive to really leverage its damage effectively against knowledgeable opponents.

Are there any Domains you personally reccomend? Any you lean away from?: I'm going to answer this one in terms of Discs instead of Domains, as there are good and terrible disciplines available in a lot of domain choices. For Titan, Freedom Fighter is king right now, just has so much synergy with the promotion's mechanics. Conqueror and Battlerager are very strong users of two of the strongest area of effect debuffs available right now in Troubadour and Hellraiser as well. Other disciplines I'm a fan of for various reasons on Myrmidons are Bloodletter, Dirty Fighter, Paragon, Blade Dancer, Runescarred Gladiator, Abominable Snowman, and Stalker. The problem with disciplines on Myrmidon tends to be what buttons to give up rather than how to fill the bar out, as the powers gained from the talent tree are already quite strong.

Are there any guides that are currently relevant to this class you can recommend? I don't believe so, no.

Posted (edited)

Class Name: Knight

Races Available: Centaur, Guinecean, Elken, High-Elf, Human, Stoneborn

What role on the battle field does this class fill?: Knight is a very versatile class and can be built to do almost anything. The Swordsman has great damage and even greater executes, as well as good mobility with Pursuit. The Sentinel has a range of Crowd Control abilities and makes a great tank or utility character. The Secutor are the Tank's tank, using Tower shields and having a huge reduction in damage taken, they are very hard to bring down without concerted effort. Depending on your promotion or domain, you can build Knight to be a support, a debuffer, a bursty DPS, or an even tankier tank.

Is this class better for dueling, small skirmish, or large field battle?: Knights are decent in every setting. Their displacement skills make them used in most contexts. Knight does have the least amount of sustain of all melee classes. Knights are disadvantaged against classes with high CC immunity or better sustain. Most of your sustain comes from Endurance, so in 1v1's you should be chaining stuns and knockdowns in a way to have constant heals.

Which stats should I be Investing in as I level?:  Strength for Attack Power and Constitution for Block Bonus and Health.

Are there any weapon stats that work really well with this class aside from attack/support power?: Not especially. You can put stamina on Maces, Axes, and Shields to increase how long you can block for. Swordsman does get 20% lifesteal, so lifesteal bonus weapons would boost it further. Knight can easily cap Power Efficiency, and even has a stat bundle with Weapon Damage, so using Heavy weapons can increase the damage of Valorous Strike or the Onslaught combo. If you find yourself having Energy issues, Restoration Strike is a decent minor to use along side Oath of Will

What are the core abilities for this class (the essentials on the talent tree) before specialization?: Endurance. You will die a slow and painful death without Endurance. Pursuit is also a widely used power and no Knight build is complete without it. Every other power has an argument to be made for it in build design, except Resolve. Resolve works counter to the class design, making it mostly irrelevant.

Is there any ability synergy that the game doesn't explain well?: Block works weird in that you can't block an ability that has already been cast. If you try to time it when an ability lands, you'll still take the full brunt of it.  You need to read your opponent and anticipate their big attacks in order to effectively block the attack and gain the damage bonus.

Which specializations work best with a group? Solo/dueling?: All promotions work well within a group. They all can contribute to the group, either with damage or utility. Swordsman is best at soloing or dueling. Sentinels and Secutors can duel as well, but they have considerably lower damage than Swordsman and mostly revolve around out-sustaining their opponent, rather than outright killing them.

Are there any Domains you personally recommend? Any you lean away from?: Justice is perhaps the worst domain for Knight. There are 2-3 decent majors and minors within Justice, but most of them can be gotten from other domains. War and Battle are particularly versatile. You could probably pick any 2 discs from either domain at random and still have a decent or good build. Music is an all-round, good domain. Unstable Mage from Protection is really strong on Secutor and there's good support and utility discs in Nature.

Are there any guides that are currently relevant to this class you can recommend?: None that I've seen.

Edited by coolster50

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)

Class Name: Champion

Races Available: Half-Giant, Minotaur, Stoneborn, Centaur

What role on the battle field does this class fill? (Avoid catch all terms like dps and tank and explain why these classes fit this role): Depending on your promotion Champions fill a lot of roles. Alpha Warriors deal massive damage but don't have tons of health or sustain and need the help of a healer most of the time. Barbarians are the middle ground, providing good damage while being able to sustain better in a fight without a healer on them all the time. Pitfighters have a massive amount of self-healing but can suffer from a lack of ability to due damage, they usually have massive health pools that are increased by their abilities and heal for thousands of health.

Is this class better for dueling, small skirmish, or large field battle? Pitfighters and Barbarians can be useful at fights of all sizes though are often less useful at the largest size of fights. I've personally found that Alpha Warriors aren't great for dueling unless you can kill your opponent immediately, in small groups with a healer alphas can begin to do well as they can live longer and output even more damage. Alphas truly shine in large group fights where they can jump to the back lines of the enemy and often immediately kill healers and ranged dps if properly equipped.

Alpha Warrior - Strength first for attack power then Intellect for crit damage.

Barbarian - Strength then Constitution is my best guess. (I don't have tons of experience with Barbarian)

Pitfighter - Constitution then Strength for the most tanky builds

Are there any weapon stats that work really well with this class aside from attack/support power?

For any of the 3 classes you probably want to use a mace with crushing penetration but the only essential upgrade I'm aware of is getting a heavy mace for Alpha Warriors. Having a heavy mace increases your damage output by a ton, my neckbreakers do about 3500 damage and the highest I've seen is 5000+ damage on a neckbreaker. As heavy weapons can increase cooldowns and costs it is often better to not run it on a pitfighter as your main job is to absorb damage and your abilities allow you to stay alive.

What are the core abilities for this class (the essentials on the talent tree) before specialization? The abilities I consider "core" are generally "Throw Hurlbat" and "Fast Counter-Attack" these two end up usually including Aegis of Destruction as well which is not a bad ability either. Throw Hurlbat allows you to have a ranged move that can dismount someone from 40m away even as a ranged class, that means that with your leap and rolls someone needs to be more than 92m away to not be in range. Fast Counter-Attack is useful as it allows you to recover stamina after being knocked down and retaliating as your character is often in the front lines being knocked down a lot.

Is there any ability synergy that the game doesn't explain well? I can't think of any major ones but I can say here that the best order for an Alpha to get their rage and dominance points when entering a zone is neckbreaker*2->Ultimate Warrior->Leap. This leaves you with as much rage as possible without draining any dominance points.

Which specializations work best with a group? Solo/dueling? Not much experience with Barbarian but I think pitfighter works better is dueling and small group while Alpha works very well in large groups or coordinated small groups. In dueling especially when someone gets the jump on you pitfighter allows for you to regain balance and get any health they took away back quickly. 

Are there any Domains you personally recommend? Any you lean away from? 

Alpha Warrior - Justice Domain with Heavy Hitter and Kane's Apostle. Heavy hitter hits for a massive amount and continues to with the ring that it creates when on an alpha. Kane's Apostle has an ability to give your whole group an extra 15% armor penetration for crushing, which with a mace is all of your damage just about.

Pitfighter - Music Domain with Entertainer and Troubadour. Entertainer and Troubadour work together along with another song from a minor, usually song of speed, to song twist Requiem which already makes enemies within 15m take 15% more damage.

Are there any guides that are currently relevant to this class you can recommendNot that I'm aware of.

Edited by TwoLucky

Class Name: Ranger

Races Available: Wood-Elf, Minotaur, Half-Elf, Human, Elken

What role on the battlefield does this class fill?: Between the 3 specs the Ranger provides a cookie cutter DPS option for all specs. A ranger or two will fit well into most comps due to its stealth detection abilities. The class as an innate perception skill built into its tree as well as access to the best anti-stealth ability in the game Hunter ( a minor discipline). Rangers should be looking to counter stealth, target low health members in a zerg, or control the enemy with overwhelming traps. 

Is this class better for dueling, small skirmish, or large field battle?: Dueling and small skirmish brigand and warden are hands down some of the strongest brawlers in the game. Brigand which it he melee variant of the ranger gets access to stealth as well as anti-stealth while in stealth make brigands one of the best ganking classes in the game. Wardens excel at both small scale and large scale due to the strength of their traps which can be applied on hit from the trapmaster skill. Archer works decently well in small scale but shines in large scale where it can be used to contain flanks as well as delete low health targets on the edges of a big fight.

Which stats should I be Investing in as I level?: Dex and Str are good options for all ranger classes but if you feel to squishy it fine to put points into Con instead of Str. An important note. Don't spilt the Str and Con. Commit to one or the other. 

Are there any weapon stats that work really well with this class aside from attack/support power?: Archers get access to different quivers and bows. Spellbound bows apply on hit effects from ice or fire quivers. Fire is terrible but Ice quivers are great. Besides that there are slashing quivers which do bonus damage to targets below 35%, piecing quivers that apply a bleed, crushing quivers that stun. These affects are applied on the 3rd charged lmb. To quickly apply them you can tap tap and then charge your 3rd auto to 100% to apply the effects.
What are the core abilities for this class (the essentials on the talent tree) before specialization?: Since they vary per spec I have broken them down:

Archer - Barrage is an amazing AOE damage skill that is flash castable and has an insanely low cooldown. Ricochet shot. T Read and learn it. 65m flash cast root that gives you tons of buffs. Use it to start your burst windows. Rapid fire baby. One of the biggest mistakes I see archer do is use their charge shots too much. Beucase of the cast time its pretty poorly made dergs unless you are finishing someone but Rapid fire is one of your highest damage skills. Use it off cooldown. If rapid fire is up you are doing something wrong. 

Brigand - Surprise strike is one of the most slept on abilities in the game. It can alpha strike upwards of 2.1k and applies a bleed which then synergizes into twin surge which does bonus damage vs bleed if you go down the warden path. 

Warden - Trap master is one of the best damage abilities in the game. The damage potential and control from being able to spread AOE traps is almost a joke.

Forest step is always the wrong choice. Never take it in any of the specs. 

Is there any ability synergy that the game doesn't explain well?:  

Archer - Barrage - > Ricochet - > Rapid fire - > Tap - > Tap - > Charged 3rd shot 

This is you basic archer rotation. If done in this order you are buffing yourself while nuking your enemies. 

Warden - Dots do not apply traps when trap master is up so make sure you use direct damage if you have trap master up. AOEs will proc trap master. 

Which specializations work best with a group? Solo/dueling?

ZvZ - Warden > Archer (Don't bring a brigand its not made for ZvZ)

Small Group - Warden > Archer > Brigand

Solo/Dueling - Warden > Brigand > Archer

Ganking - Brigand > Warden > Archer 

Are there any Domains you personally reccomend? Any you lean away from?: TBH Ranger can really get away with a lot of different builds due to its flexible nature. Dark ranger is where you traditionally have found stronger builds but Frost as well as Music and Shadow based builds can thrive in the current meta. 

Are there any guides that are currently relevant to this class you can recommend? I don't believe so, no.

Class Name: Confessor

Races Available: High-Elf, Nethari, Elken.

What role on the battle field does this class fill?

Confessors in general are designed to be slippery and hard to lock down with the blink-and-stealth from their Ultimate; it is a hit-and-run playstyle, evading the enemy's focus and then counter-attacking from unexpected angles. There is some access to CC with this class, but not a lot, so their aim is to dance around and neutralise threats rather than keep them at bay.

• Fanatic promotion focuses on massive, single-target burst from range with Redemption and Absolution, and thus prefer to play the flank and pick off targets that stand apart from the cluster. They do provide some AoE burst from Tornados and Fire Wave, but only once every 20-30 seconds.
  • Sanctifier promotion has higher survivability, some CC-immunity on channelled spells and a targeted Blink. Its Confessor-based spells are however restricted to shorter-range, and Sanctifiers are generally not quite durable enough to hold a front line; again, they tend to hit and run. Tornados now knock down enemies and this promotion also does quite respectable damage, but with more focus on AoE DPS from stacking Hellfire Aura and Condemnation in people's faces.
  • Inquisitor bucks the trend by sacrificing some damage potential to augment its spells with healing effects; Tornados, Fervor and the Inq-only Fire of Life provide large burst healing on 20-30s cooldown each. Inquisitors then have the option of taking more healing stats and spells to fill the gaps between class CDs and take a primary healing role, or to invest into damage stats and spells to fit a similar role to Fanatic, with respectable single-target damage but the added bonus of potentially saving themselves and teammates with their built-in burst heals.

Is this class better for dueling, small skirmish, or large field battle?

In general this class performs much better at smaller scales, where it is either easier to pick a target to focus as Fanatic/DPS Inquisitor or there is less incoming damage to worry about as Sanctifier. There is however room for Fanatic with their substantial burst in larger open-field fights, where targets might still present themselves on the flanks.

Heal-focused Inquisitor, on the other hand, does quite nicely at whichever scale you choose; they can evade enemy focus in smaller fights and output a lot of AoE healing in the larger fights.

In duels a Sanctifier might struggle with getting kited or being out-sustained by classes with self-healing options, and heal-focused Inquisitors also lack the DPS pressure to take on sustain-based classes or to kill high-damage classes before they themselves run out of self-sustain.

Fanatics and DPS Inquisitors have some rough match-ups in duels, especially against Myrmidons and Champions (Mobility/Sustain); Rangers (Sustain/Stealth detect); Duelists and Assassins (Burst/Reset with Stealth). However, with practice (and maybe your own stealth detect), you can find good success in this area.

On all classes, unless you can respec or accurately calculate how many stats you will gain from levels and your Race and Talent choices, I recommend not applying any level-based stat points at all until you have finalised your Talent choices.

It is also always recommended to ensure you have at least 8k-8.5k HP at max level, before buffs are applied, by putting some points into Constitution.

If your focus is to do damage then Intellect will be the stat you should then max out, granting both increased Attack Power and Crit Amount*. *(i.e. how much extra heal/dmg you gain on your Critical Hits)

As a heal-focused Inquisitor Spirit will be your main stat, to increase Support Power and gain a little extra Stamina for Retaliating and Sprinting. Intellect does also help Inquisitors through granting a percentage-based increase to overall Healing and to Critical Healing Amount, but you get a lot of that from your Talents and not much Spirit for Support Power which is what will increase the base amount of healing.

Dexterity is a great secondary option for any damage-based spec, to increase Crit Chance. Your high Intellect makes your Critical Hits quite impactful, and once you start gearing up you may even get more overall damage from Dexterity than Strength, with the added bonus of Dex granting a little extra Physical Resist.

As mentioned before Crit Hit/Amount stats are quite important to Confessors, for both Healing and Damage specs.

Heal-focused Inquisitors will likely want Crit Heal Chance as their secondary stat to SP, since their base in this stat is actually rather low while their Crit Heal Amount is fairly high.

Fanatic and Sanctifiers will want Crit Hit Chance secondary. Fanatics can easily reach the cap on AP so you may even forgo that AP stat on your weapon entirely and get Crit Chance + Crit Hit Damage.

Fire Penetration is actually not very desirable as a Confessor; you have a high amount of Penetration stats from simply existing, and either you or a group member should provide an Elemental Armour debuff on top of that, so most targets will find themselves having no resistance without you adding Fire Pen onto a weapon.

What are the core abilities for this class (the essentials on the talent tree) before specialization?

• Sin stacks: Hitting a target with your basic attacks stacks a single "Sin" on your target, up to a maximum of 5. Your Absolution, Redemption, and Condemnation spells deal increased damage based on the number of these Sin stacks.
  • Fire Bolt: This ability will apply two Sin stacks on the target. You can also cancel certain animations at certain times with this spell, but the most consistent and relevant use of this is to cast right after your 3rd basic attack has started being cast. This allows you to reach your 5th stack of Sin without spending two extra GCDs on basic attacks.
  • Absolution: This ability will do a large, single burst of damage on the target but will also consume all Sin stacks in the process. If you are using another ability that scales with Sin (Condemnation/Redemption) then generally you will want to cast Absolution after that, unless the target is likely to be killed by Absolution alone.
  • Condemnation/Redemption: These are hold-to-channel abilities that scale with Sin. Condemnation is from a Talent, and casts a cone-shaped flamethrower that is rather short-range; Redemption is from the Redeemer Discipline, available to any Confessor spec, and is a long-range barrage of fire balls at a single target.
  • Fervor: This is a one-tap channel that will root you in place while restoring Mana to yourself, though you may cancel it early by casting Dodge or Ult.
    • Fanatics and Inquisitors are quite vulnerable during this cast, since asides from standing in place they have reduced Physical resistance and are liable to being interrupted out of an important heal/mana regen timing.
    • Sanctifier is actually made much tankier when channelling this: they take less damage from all sources, gain more healing from all sources, are immune to CC and actually gain Physical Resistance during the channel, all while applying Sin stacks to nearby enemies.
  • Hellfire Shield: This ability leads into Hellfire Aura, which itself leads into two options: Hellfire Blast and Fire Tornados. Hellfire Blast stuns in a 30m range, with about 10m or so width, and Fire Tornados fires three tornados in a cone in front of you.
    • Failing one of the previous steps, either by casting Dodge/Ult/Fire Bolt or being hit with a CC that interrupts spell casting, will lock you out of the combo until the previous steps are available again. For this reason you should do your best to cast this combo from the fringes of a fight rather than in the middle of it.
  • Rapture Talent: This talent is a must-take on nearly every Confessor spec: asides from the large boost to Intellect the 12m range bonus is key to staying at a safe range for Fanatics and Inquisitors, and the Elemental Pen and increased damage to Low HP targets are great for any spec that does damage.
  • Righteousness Talent: This talent's Mana restore doesn't sound significant, but you will find that it adds up rather quickly and is especially useful for long-haul fights.

Is there any ability synergy that the game doesn't explain well?

• The cooldowns for the secondary steps of the Hellfire Shield combo (or indeed any combo) will appear above the button.
  • The Hellfire Aura tooltip is a little misleading: all Promotion versions of the Confessor can cast Fire Tornados without losing the damage aura.
  • Casting Fire Tornados will reset the cooldown on Fire Bolt, and you can actually cancel most of the Tornado animation with Fire Bolt.
  • "Stat Bundle" Talents in general are very strong on the Confessor, and it isn't worth skipping one of these for Meteor Purge, Magma Ball, Flames of Truth, or Scalding. Even Conduction, Cleansing Fire, and the extra Minor slot are debatable when compared to what a Stat bundle can offer.
  • Each "Stack" of a mechanic like Sin or Inquisitor's Pureness of Heart has its own individual duration. If you apply stacks with one of these you must refresh or consume it within a certain time period or the first stacks you applied will start to fall off.
  • The "Cleansing Fire" Talent's heal is increased by Support Power, though that's only really relevant to the Inquisitor spec.
  • The "Feel the Burn" Talent's proc will allow Fanatics' Fire Wave to automatically Crit without spending a Discipline slot on getting a Burning DoT spell.
    • Many current Fanatic builds actually skip Fervor talent in favour of this and all 4 stat bundles, since Mana issues can be solved in other ways (especially thanks to Frostweaver's mana totems or Clerics' Illuminate).
  • Casting Ultimate restores 30% of your Maximum Mana: if you find yourself not being focused for a long time you may consider using this ability if you are running low on Mana and Fervor is not available.
  • Nethari's "Walk Without Rhythm" passive will increase your movement speed during the Stealth portion of your Ultimate.
  • High Elf's "Mental Fortitude" passive, which reduces cost of spells, will not stack with either Weapon Finesse or any other source of Power Efficiency stat (like from a mob-dropped weapon): whichever of these sources has the highest value is the only bonus that is applied.
  • Inquisitor's Fire of Life and Fervor heals will go through Line of Sight, so you can hide in safety behind a tree/rock/corner while casting these to ensure they aren't interrupted.

Are there any Domains you personally reccomend? Any you lean away from?

• Fanatic: Justice, Fire, and Music Domains all have useful Majors and Minors without gimping your damage imo; look at what's available and decide what kind of utility appeals to you, but you must at least take Redeemer Major Discipline for the Redemption ability.
    • High-Elf, Nethari and Elken all have good options, but I personally rate High-Elf over the other two.
  • Inquisitor: Light is the best Domain for healing/utility, and Fire for dealing damage. In fact for dealing damage here Redeemer/Arkon's Disciple Majors are the best options, which don't even require a Domain choice, so that decision is entirely based around the available Minors. Storm doesn't have enough good options for healing compared to Light, and overlaps in strong damage-based Minors with Fire while not granting some of the more powerful or unique utility Disciplines that Fire and Light grant.
    • Elken is the recommended Race choice for healing, and High-Elf is the recommended choice for dealing damage because of Glamour Weapon.
  • Sanctifier: Fire provides some good damage/survivability increases, and Music provides some good utility, a bit of survivability, and a couple of group-wide damage boosters. Protection provides some interesting utility/buff options, but generally a Knight carries those Disciplines better than you can.
    • High-Elf, Nethari and Elken all have good options, but again I would recommend High-Elf.

Are there any guides that are currently relevant to this class you can recommend?

Not currently, afaik, but there are examples of each Confessor spec from gameplay on Youtube: Blazzen of LoD plays Fanatic, Mr Erad of SL plays Sanctifier, and Bzra and Xarrayne (myself) play Inquisitor, though us last two don't have many recent examples atm 

You can also find a Talent builder at https://crowcaine.wiki/builds/@me/new?class=confessor&race=high-elf which will allow you to explore Talent, Discipline and Domain choices without any respec restrictions. Be aware that some of the information on the site is incorrect/outdated, so double-check the in-game Crowpedia to verify (open your Talent tree, and there should be a button to access it there).

Edited by Xarrayne
dark mode op

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

Hey Everybody!

If you haven't visited this thread in a while I've gone ahead and updated some of those 'reserved tabs' from prior to include info on how the bidding will operate, a list of items to be sold in the auction proper. Again these are items for new players so their values are top end common quality. Items not currently expanded upon are still being crafted/recrafted or having their bundles completed. The map of the temple will be posted late today or early tomorrow.