Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Assortment of Changes 3: Revenge of the Crafting

TLDR

Add crafting and harvesting xp bar that drops a discipline every time it’s filled - Reduce randomized aspect to exploration discipline progression. 

Have crafting disc procs influenced by experimentation outcome - Reduce randomized aspect to crafting progression.

Crafting and Harvesting Talents - Add a sense of choice and variation to crafting and harvesting similar to combat progression.

Enable adding resistances and damage bonuses across all armor - Add more choice and control to crafting.

Re-Enable experimentation across sub-assemblies and components as a choice in the crafting process -  Add the choice of complexity to crafting.

Exploration XP bars: What if alongside the vessel leveling bar there were bars related to crafting and harvesting. The bars wouldn’t have a max limit, once you filled the bar you would receive the respective discipline. While the xp bar would always require the same amount of xp, the xp gained would be influenced by the rank of node or the quality level of crafting. A rank 1 node would give 50 xp while a rank 10 would give 200 so if the bar required 1000 xp you would need to hit 20 rank 1 nodes to obtain a disc but only 5 rank 10 nodes.

Crafting experimentation drop: When crafting what if the chances of receiving a discipline were influenced by how well your experimentation came out. If you were crafting and experimented and got mostly low increases resulting in 15%  change, your chances of obtaining a disc only increased 15% but if you got high increases resulting in 87% change you would have an 87% increased chance of getting a discipline. 

Exploration Talents: Similar to combat talents what if each crafting and harvesting discipline had a talent tree that enabled variation in your crafting. You could have some crafters that require less resources, some that have higher experiment difficulty reduction, while others are able to have add higher fire damage bonuses to weapons. The higher quality a discipline is the higher the cap would be on possible points to use in the talent tree.

Resistances and Damage Bonuses: I would like to be able to craft a pure resistance or damage bonus armor set. 

Experimentation Choice: Things like stitched leather or metal scales would give you the choice on whether you want to experiment for higher stats or not. Experimentation wouldn’t be necessary to craft but would be considered extra steps one could take.

Sounds good!

Exploration XP bars: +
Crafting experimentation drop: I'm not sure that it will be fair 
Exploration Talents: It makes sense
Resistances and Damage Bonuses: IMBA
Experimentation Choice: It makes sense

Been saying we need an XP bar for crafting/harvingt ever since disc came in but i stopped after it got no where :(

General crafting skill should be able to increase crafting % success rate above 100% when it above 100% the combine has a chance to proc up to the next quality, this keep the general crafting stat useful all the time (Not just 98% success chance cap then becomes useless stats) Kinda means crafting stats are no choice experimentation pips and exp is the only stat to focus on.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Really good ideas. Here is my opinion:

Add crafting and harvesting xp bar that drops a discipline every time it’s filled - Yes the current system is just a pain in the ass.

Crafting and Harvesting Talents - Yes like a mini game.

Enable adding resistances and damage bonuses across all armor - Yes a must have!

16 hours ago, Blectorn said:

Really good ideas. Here is my opinion:

Add crafting and harvesting xp bar that drops a discipline every time it’s filled - Yes the current system is just a pain in the ass.

Crafting and Harvesting Talents - Yes like a mini game.

Enable adding resistances and damage bonuses across all armor - Yes a must have!

They could probaly even do away with disciplines for crafting and harvesting and add them into the talent tree instead as keystones. would loose a gold sink however i think that gold sink should be elsewhere since the gold sink with this was is way to heavy on crafters/harvesters where combat only toons dont realy have that atleast not that bad.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

They could probaly even do away with disciplines for crafting and harvesting and add them into the talent tree instead as keystones. would loose a gold sink however i think that gold sink should be elsewhere since the gold sink with this was is way to heavy on crafters/harvesters where combat only toons dont realy have that atleast not that bad.

Yeah I was personally in favor of being able to craft domination dust from like chaos embers and soul essence of something, upgrading disciplines gets expensive real quick.