Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Delete the devtracker, its embarrassing

We do interact in many ways, and I do apologize for not being on the forums more. I'll try to post more moving forward. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

While on forums you are totally right I can assure you that the connection players-devs has been and still is very close and very strong. 

Props to ACE for that as it takes quite an effort to actually listen and change/add game mechanics based on live feedback.

/salute

Edited by Prometeu

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

It is just highlighting the fact the devs do not interact with their players base at all. 

I don't think this is a fair assessment. Tiggs has been incredibly responsive in Discord.

1 hour ago, Prometeu said:

While on forums you are totally right I can assure you that the connection players-devs has been and still is very close and very strong. 

Props to ACE for that as it takes quite an effort to actually listen and change/add game mechanics based on live feedback.

/salute

It's close for a specific group of people whose feedback has created the current Crowfall. Maybe interacting with others would be better, no?

Edited by BigglyDaddy

33 minutes ago, BigglyDaddy said:

It's close for a specific group of people whose feedback has created the current Crowfall. Maybe interacting with others would be better, no?

I assume by "specific group of people" you mean, people who have taken the time to offer feedback? You too could join this very exclusive group. Unfortunately, so far, you've posted two paragraphs and six sentences. Only a few of the posts have been constructive.  

It's fair to say that responses on the forums have been limited, but they do clearly read at least some of the feedback as it shows up in the changes. They are very responsive via email and Discord, however. 

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

Tiggs is not a dev, but a very good community manager. 

Generally you'd want devs deving and community managers community managering. Is your complaint really that you want the devs to be community managers? 

I don't think that will help the game. 

Edited by Alot

1 hour ago, Alot said:

Generally you'd want devs deving and community managers community managering. Is your complaint really that you want the devs to be community managers? 

I don't think that will help the game. 

I agree 100% with this. I have seen other games where some devs spent WAY too much time interacting with players and the game suffered from it. 

The way ACE is doing it now, since Tiggs came on board, seems about right. She asks us, here on these forums, to tell ACE what we like and dislike. She also has emails sent to the members of each Beta wave to get the same like / dislike info from a newbie perspective. Then she boils it all down for ACE leaders so they don't need to spend hours every day wading thru player feedback.

Mac