Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall is Shipping July 6!

Crowfall is Shipping July 6

Highly anticipated Throne War PvP game announces launch date, and unveils animatic, “Eternal Heroes, Dying Worlds”

AUSTIN, Texas, June 3, 2021—Today, ArtCraft Entertainment announced its highly anticipated Throne War PvP game, Crowfall™, will launch commercially on July 6 and can be purchased from the website, Crowfall.com.   Click here to read more

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crowfall is Shipping July 6   Highly anticipated Throne War PvP game announces launch date, and unveils animatic, “Eternal Heroes, Dying Worlds”   AUSTIN, Texas, June 3, 2021—Today, Ar

Has any MMORPG ever launched been "ready" to launch when it did?  I played through sb.exe, I played through F5ing the Darkfall store for days, I played through DF2 launching without 1/4 of the cl

Posted (edited)

Oof, this is bad news.

- Game feels like it still have like 1+ year of development left to be completed

- Siege timers are still going to MURDER player retention.  Example: ever since the NPE rolled out there are two forts I've wanted to take but they only become siege available once a day for 1 hour and I can't plan my entire life around your stupid timers.  People looking for PVP and given no real reason to PVP either log off or go gank people farming and progressing because they're bored....which is not ideal for either party.

- High geared/vesseled people in God's Reach is still quite a significant issue as they are so powerful relative to the average god's reach player they can easily take on multiple players at once. 

- Speaking of the difference between a fresh 30 and a geared 33+ in general is insane.  Large power gaps is anathema to PVP because the core conceit of PVP is that skill matters.  When someone is literally powerful enough to take on multiple normal players skill does not matter. 

- Despite this being a PVP first game theoretically all progression is actually PVE centric.  With no PVP rewards and lucrative PVE rewards the optimal way to play will always be to avoid PVP as much as possible so you can PVE your way through progression.

- The PVE progression curve grind is long so your average player upon release is going to take multiple months of PVE grinding before they are competitive.  Only no-lifers (of which I qualify) will progress quickly through the ranks.  This means with the large power gaps provided by that grind the game quickly becomes a case of haves an have nots.  Either you have stupid amounts of time to dump into the game or you will be significantly less powerful than someone else.  While some of this will even out after launch amongst whatever population stays via suvivorship bias it also becomes more and more oppressive to any new players/guilds that show themselves after the launch rush since they'll be entering a world of primarily geared/vesseled players and that is a truly dergsty experience.

- Skypoint is now just a harvesting location thanks to the gold drop changes.  Alot of people have moved out of Skypoint because it's more effective to gold farm elsewhere.  The need to constantly deposit to limit your risk and the occassional gank lowers your effective gold per hour significantly.  This is only going to get worse with more population and more players competing for the same amount of resources. 

- The current war tribe camps and harvesting nodes allows slow but consistent progress to the current population.  It cannot handle a massively increased population.  If the game actually gets a significant burst of new people then there will be too few resources spread too thin amongst too many players.

- There are still significant coverage gaps for people who enjoy the dregs ruleset resulting in them being bored for sometimes days at a time.  Meanwhile people who prefer the Shadow ruleset are completely SOL since god's reach offers a severely reduced, nuetered, and inconsequential faction PVP experience.  No rewards, no goals, half the actual keep/etc mechanics, and all timers preventing you from actually playing the PVP.

- Load times after the last major patch took a big hit and that needs to be cleaned up still.  I went and fixed myself a sandwich and came back and it was still loading on an SSD.  That's not great. 

- Many more things .  Man, I know yall have to release eventually and I'm guessing your running out of runway (ability to cover operational costs) but man this is going to be a really rough release even by MMORPG standards.  This feels closer to Age of Conan level of release than it does to even Elder Scrolls Online level of release.

Edited by Ralathar44
10 minutes ago, Ralathar44 said:

- Many more things .  Man, I know yall have to release eventually and I'm guessing your running out of runway (ability to cover operational costs) but man this is going to be a really rough release even by MMORPG standards.  This feels closer to Age of Conan level of release than it does to even Elder Scrolls Online level of release.

I mean, look... you are by far not wrong; 

I've been following this game for a while, as an MMO fan, even now I've struggled with a reason to play. 
Now with this what I'd class sudden launch, I can only think Wildstar was better polished then this. 
Right now, if I was to try and sell this to my friends, I couldn't... SO lets hope in the coming day they suddenly throw out  some amazing update that turns this game into something that looks like its moving forward to release not looking "year or 2 more of hard work left" 

2 minutes ago, kasabain said:

I mean, look... you are by far not wrong; 

I've been following this game for a while, as an MMO fan, even now I've struggled with a reason to play. 
Now with this what I'd class sudden launch, I can only think Wildstar was better polished then this. 
Right now, if I was to try and sell this to my friends, I couldn't... SO lets hope in the coming day they suddenly throw out  some amazing update that turns this game into something that looks like its moving forward to release not looking "year or 2 more of hard work left" 

when was the last time you played?

Just got the announcement in my email, I havn't been in beta in a couple of years so I really have no idea what state the game is in.  Did the eternal kingdoms ever get fleshed out?  That was what I was originally most excited about, having your own world with thralls being your serfs and being able to harvest basic resources and create your own mini kingdom.  From what I've scanned on the boards it doesn't seem like anything was done with that.  I'll just see what the reception is like on launch before deciding whether to jump back in.

Have only one thing to say. Death to the game before it launches. 

At this stake its so stupid to launch this game next month. All the fixes thats needed, balancing of classes and gfx bugs, bugs from spawning ect ect.  and the launch of NW where like 90% of players will run to, then it will be the death of the game. 
You shoot your self in the foot doin this launch allready, cause this game kinda need an overhaul of all sides before its even considered to be playable enough, and the total pvp dream you have is no good for anyone, you need to have a ballance where there is a safehaven for pve players also. 
So atm its not even in the stake to launch

23 minutes ago, UDeadPRO said:

We have examples of MMO's that launched and over time they became big in the market.

Crowfall's big question is, hardly anyone is more willing to play without the release. I think it's the best decision!

Also have examples of MMOs with large IPs, lots of content, and more full experiences flopping and not recovering. Anything is possible.

While I don't agree it is the best decision to launch as is, it will at least finally show how many fans are waiting for launch and if the game can handle them and retain them.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, UDeadPRO said:

Yes they can try to fix as much as possible until launch!

We have examples of MMO's that launched and over time they became big in the market.

Crowfall's big question is, hardly anyone is more willing to play without the release. I think it's the best decision!

We have more examples of games that launched broken or missing essential features and sun setting no so long after. I can't even convenience people to play crowfall. It will be very interesting to see how many people come back to the game and how many of those will actually stay.

Edited by Helix
3 minutes ago, APE said:

Also have examples of MMOs with large IPs, lots of content, and more full experiences flopping and not recovering. Anything is possible.

While I don't agree it is the best decision to launch as is, it will at least finally show how many fans are waiting for launch and if the game can handle them and retain them.

Yeah, it will depend on them until the launch!

1 minute ago, APE said:

Lets be clear here, The games activity doesn't really reap the amount of people watching this games progression; 
Being a long time MMOhuman, I've been watching, gaming what little content it had, then returning to other games that had more meat to the bone; 
In the years I've been watching, the target has change MASSIVELY, I mean they've deleted massive goals and aspects from the game at will. 
Now can't speak for these changes but, overall the retention on "whats the game got to offer" is low. 
Right now BR type games have more to offer then this.... AND THATS A WORRY because I feel like they've changed the game to almost become a BR... which isn't my dream. 

Overall the eyes of western mmos are watching this AND new world; And a launch close to NW... ohh man bad idea

1 minute ago, Charlie_Bronson said:

Not enough content, worlds are TOO SMALL, now "real ownership".

I'll be optimistic.... What would happen if 25k people logged into this game? Resources? Mob Camps? Keeps? Forts?

Gotta feeling this will end badly.

Umm 25k is a low projection... LOTRO right NOW has around 59k players and thats classified a "dying if not dead mmo"; 
MMOs normally on a good launch hit 100k+ if not larger