Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall is Shipping July 6!

1 hour ago, APE said:

Regardless if it is or isn't, at least it's their decision and there can't be any blame of suits up in the tower, publishers, backers, shareholders, any typical reasons why a game is rushed to launch. That was a big part of going crowdfunded, they answer to themselves. So good or bad it is on them and I respect that.

Would be interesting to see a poll of who believes it is ready. Considering it is "our game" after all.

I think 6.530 is ALMOST ready. Depending what they add / fix in 6.540 it can be made even more ready, or it could mess up big time as some patches have.

I'll be here testing as long as the Test server is up and be prepared to poop sock it come July 6.

Whether I'll still be active in September will depend on game QoL and player population.

Mac

Posted (edited)

Tooooo sooooooooon.

Still need seige timers, a territory system and RNG removed from crafting and harvesting atleast. (Crafting and harvesting XP bar with talent tree instead of disc/disc drops :(

in its current state i give it 2 weeks to loose half it population release pop, then another 2 weeks to half it again.

As it stands now i might recommend this game to players in say like 9-12 months when it actually feels ready if im still playing it hahahaha which im probaly wont due to lack of population that wont recover.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

2 hours ago, Retchet said:

I've never seen you playing this game since I've been here and I frequently go on both EU and NA servers. For the few things on there, like "Combat Pets", which aren't in the game yet all I can say is that the foundations are there, it's clear. If you don't want to level, you can play Hunger Dome.

You commented that the game was "almost exactly what they promised" and I pointed out several very significant features that are either missing, removed, promised in the future, or pale in comparison to other game's versions. Combat pets are least important of those items.

I look almost exactly like a super model if you close one eye and squint really hard with the other in the dark. 😉

You seeing me in game or not doesn't invalidate my comment. I haven't seen you in game either so...

I have no issue with leveling and prefer it over the half thought out passive system they threw in the trash can but many people backed specifically because of passive training and no leveling. "Go play HD" is not a trade off. I'll leave HD to people that like battle royales that allow teaming and unfairness in a so called esport.

I agree the foundation is there for many of the items I listed, but 6 years in and launching, foundation should be under the house. Post launch should be about decorating, upgrading appliances, working on the lawn, building a garage, etc. Not, pulling up the floorboards and fixing foundation issues.

3 hours ago, Retchet said:

I'm not "white knighting" for anyone. I shrugged at this game every time I tried to run it since I first backed it until February. The game is almost exactly what they promised on Kickstarter and a lot more. I was saying the game was ready to launch back in March even without built-in guild management tools. It's just ready. Content that comes along after will just make it better. The only thing really missing is a Thief class and/or pickpocketing. Add in locked chests and doors, a few other tropes from the Thief if not just an approximate port of the class from Shadowbane and it's going to shine. It will shine more than Shadowbane did becase the latency problems are fixed.

I don't understand why any of you wouldn't be celebrating this right now. Did you want beta to go on forever? It was clear as crystal to me this month would be the month they announced something huge. How could you not see it coming? It's buy once play forever. You don't have to be so negative. This game doesn't have to be your life.

It's ready. It's time for the developers to expand content and have real people playing a game that will persist in perpetuity. It could take a solo player a full year to max out one character and that's how it should be.

I don't know what's wrong with some of you, maybe just burned out? Be glad you don't have to grind toward your legendary whatevers anymore that were known to get erased. 

Probably because it gets one shot to build a sustainable population that can fund those levels of development. As the game stands, the vast majority of the veteran players think the game is NOT ready. That should tell you everything. 

The fact that most the posts here loudly proclaim the community doesn't think the game is ready should be a big red flag to the devs.  There's no second chances for the launch; look at cyberpunk.  You launch before its ready and you will effectively kill your game. 

This seems on par with some of the other decisions though so lets watch it burn. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

10 hours ago, jasta85 said:

Just got the announcement in my email, I havn't been in beta in a couple of years so I really have no idea what state the game is in.  Did the eternal kingdoms ever get fleshed out?  That was what I was originally most excited about, having your own world with thralls being your serfs and being able to harvest basic resources and create your own mini kingdom.  From what I've scanned on the boards it doesn't seem like anything was done with that.  I'll just see what the reception is like on launch before deciding whether to jump back in.

EKs are pretty fantastic imo.  You are in for a treat.

°☼ Running Dawn ☼°

5 hours ago, APE said:

Not sure what they created that replaces all this?

• Free City Building/Destruction within Campaigns
  • Political Mechanics: Fealty, Bend the Knee
  • Campaign Ruleset and Mode Variety
  • Passive Training
  • Expansive crafting options.
  • Crafted based economy.
  • No Leveling
  • Handshake Siege
  • Conquest/World Control by Players
  • Faction Campaigns
  • Skill Based Combat
  • Character Customization: Quality over Quantity
  • Economic System/Tools
  • Combat Pets
  • Better UI options and functionality

I mean that's something I just had a little look at; 
Currently the public site itself overall lacks any " this is what the game loop is" On-top of that all the old content from 2015-17 has not only changed, but if anything vanished; I mean hungerDOME now has its own FAQ so I'd argue they want that as the endgame a giant BR mode

SO much of the original goals have been either reworded or just... deleted; 
Looking at thralls for an example; 
At one stage *(correct me if I'm wrong) they were going to be player "slave-able" to world management similar to shadowbane but more advanced.. but now they are if anything just reduced world bosses. 

I mean I feel like the list above is even reduced from goals at beta start late last year.. 
I mean yes I get the mantra "this is a look behind the curtain" but I feel like the amount of major changes since 2014 forgo's the idea this is a privileged look but more a hunt for top dollar

Just now, Jah said:

You've concluded they want that as endgame because it has a FAQ?

No because it states it within the FAQ; 

I'm aware of the "current" state of the endgame, but last I recalled the Hunger end worlds were meant to have a deeper loop if anything akin to GOT but guess I'm vastly wrong

37 minutes ago, kasabain said:

I mean hungerDOME now has its own FAQ so I'd argue they want that as the endgame a giant BR mode

Seems like HD was an experiment to see if people would be interested in other modes besides campaigns. Considering the state of HD and interest, I don't see them turning Crowfall into a BR or MOBA or eSport of any kind. ACE might label themselves as risky, but they aren't that crazy.

Despite all the sky is falling talk, I didn't see anything change because of HD existing, just saw resources spent on a non-core mode that could of been spent on the actual core game instead.

I unfortunately missed the KS, but I have been testing/playing the game since December 2016 and I am happy for ACE. I've seen a lot of overall improvement and feel this game has even more potential. I wish everyone there nothing but the best and I truly hope this game finds its niche and audience. 

5 hours ago, mandalore said:

The fact that most the posts here loudly proclaim the community doesn't think the game is ready should be a big red flag to the devs.  There's no second chances for the launch; look at cyberpunk.  You launch before its ready and you will effectively kill your game. 

This seems on par with some of the other decisions though so lets watch it burn. 

Bro, these people built Ultima Online, Shadowbane, and Star Wars Galaxies. I think they might know what they're doing.

2 minutes ago, Retchet said:

Bro, these people built Ultima Online, Shadowbane, and Star Wars Galaxies. I think they might know what they're doing.

No, SOME of these people were very involved in those games, but some OTHER key people are missing. The creative force behind UO and SWG, wasn't Gordon Walton, althought he did good work there, it was Designer Dragon, Raph Koster https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raph_Koster

And although JTodd WAS the creative director on Shadowbane, he too had lots of help. Did all of those key people follow him to Crowfall? No, they didn't

Mac