Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.530.0 Live Feedback for 6/3/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some other things I'd like to see: UI scaling - the UI elements are so big on my screen. They take up way too much space. The ability to move UI elements around Player nameplate (i.e

Auto sort button for inventory and stash please. So far its been a pleasant experience, theres some stuttering and stalling when certain spells are cast but id assume that will get ironed out. combat

Additionally, the Daemon boss spawns are a really good idea that could generate gathering/combat events for a guild to harvest and protect.   However, this one is only rank 7 nodes? Please

Low ranked resource nodes should not exist in the dregs campaign world.

aywQs8U.png

Resources no longer spawn in the bottom of canyons, making that parcel nearly useless. There is only one "okay" place to farm ore on the current map, and all of the nodes seem to be locked at rank 9.

The first time trying the game and I'm getting 35 FPS on the lowest possible settings on a RTX 2060. 

It's not a great first impression if I'm being honest. I might check the game out later on once you have optimised some stuff. 

3 hours ago, Brautigan said:

Low ranked resource nodes should not exist in the dregs campaign world.

aywQs8U.png

Resources no longer spawn in the bottom of canyons, making that parcel nearly useless. There is only one "okay" place to farm ore on the current map, and all of the nodes seem to be locked at rank 9.

Additionally, the Daemon boss spawns are a really good idea that could generate gathering/combat events for a guild to harvest and protect.

unknown.png

However, this one is only rank 7 nodes? Please adjust the quality to make these potential farming spots more worthwhile.

Hey grats on upcoming release, I'm not sure I agree with the move but hope everything works out. I think you'd be better off selling some cosmetic armors, maybe special class based armor xmogs, or somewhat customizable guild xmogs would be cool for armor. Also I'd totally pay like 5 bucks for another character slot or something, but you do you get that $$. Kinda excited to see a reset, but I've only been playing like 2 months. Also pumped for respec not locked to VIP. anyway.

I really like the new dregs map, the swamp, and waterfall regions are pretty cool and looking forward to more new zones, really like infinite exports

I think bringing in wartribe camps is a nice addition, I like that they are kinda vertical and have spots where you jump off a cliff over into a different part of the camp, I think more spots that have little jumping puzzles could be cool. The hotzones are cool, but some of them are really lack luster, like the waterfall area hotzones seems to have super low spawn rates, so you clear the camp and then you need to wait forever for the respawns, and same thing with the ghost hotzones.

I really like the new ghost camps and how they're mixed with other ones, I hope to see more mixed camp types in the future. Since minors don't drop in villages anymore I think the regular thrall souls should be completely removed from dregs, replace them with named thralls to make up for the lack of minor discs and makes fighting them a bit more interesting. I also think it would cool if they ghost spawns went totally nuts during the winter months, like hunger crystals ALL over the map and thralls attacking outposts more often and stuff, make it really feel like the world is ending.

With the new GR, the god shrines are all locked into the different factions zones, so I gotta travel all the way through these outer zones to go get the important buffs, like Kronos and Cybelle, which is somewhat annoying.

ok i think thats it bye

In regards to today's live stream concerning mega Alliances, I have an Idea that would help alleviate those mega alliances while still maintaining the integrity of the guild and alliance system.

Guild Ranking system (NOT a prestige system) 
Ranks indicate guild size

- Rank 1 - 100 Members

- Rank 2 - 200 Members

- Etc, to Rank 5 having a 500 Member Cap

Alliances - 1000 members total.

Alliance composition would be represented by the ranks of each guild.
     - 2- Rank 5 Guilds form an Alliance  (Choosing to be a rank 5 guild with only 100 members is detrimental to an Alliance Composition, this creates strategy for forming Alliances)

- 10- Rank 1 Guilds form an Alliance (Closely filling the 1000 member alliance quota)

- 2- Rank 2(400) 2- Rank 1(200) 1- Rank 4(400)  Guild form an alliance.(combined 1000 members)

(The alliance composition is directly base on a minimum of 2 guilds (rank 5) to a maximum of 10 (Rank 1)

Concerns regarding this system include guilds not being full.

-  The beauty of this system allows for the recruitment of individual players into the Alliance or into any of the Guilds

-  Guilds that meet the Capacity of Rank 5 can form another guild which can become An Alliance meeting composition requirements,  The limitations of this system are bound by the Alliance Capacity.

- This system prevents Mega Guilds from forming Mega Alliances.  This system can also be bypassed by creating alliances that form alliances.  However the system allows for outside members to be targeted in pvp, essentially if you form an unofficial alliance you are bound by the rules of pvp and will incidentally target any player not in the actual alliance.

This would allow an Alliance to essentially hire individual players to occupy slots in the Alliance.  (This assuming the Player to be invited is guild-less (Free Agent))

The Creation of this Composition of Guilds and Free Agents opens  the system in a way that is controlled and prevents the creation of mega Alliances without loosing the sense of importance in having said alliance. 

***Disclaimer : I fully understand the freedom to form alliances as intended by the ACE Team, However my system does not impede that system but serves to provide structure to the system allowing a Composition of Guilds to be created giving the feel of complex systems in simplistic integration. 

The rest of this type of system is dependent on the campaign rules,  Blending Suns/Moons/Earth into an alliance is still bound by Composition regarding the Ranks of each guild.

I hope that the concept described above makes sense.

You simply break your large guild in to several smaller guilds and nothing changes other than the shields people are wearing, and the rewards get assigned on the back side. This doesn't prevent the formation of mega alliances, it just changes whether they occupy the top 3 or the top 12 on the scoreboard.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter if the guild is broken into smaller guilds as the rewards are given to the alliance members,  The numbers in the alliance wont change even if its comprised all members of one guild.  As mentioned above, guilds that have to create other guilds because they are too big are limited to guild size and alliances are usually a combination of guilds (which are probably already sub guilds).  Its purposefully designed to accommodate guilds of all sizes.   only one alliance wins, and the proposed ideas of Alliance scoring fits right in to the current idea.  So long as Alliance size is limited and current pvp settings remain,   two alliances trying to be friends wont work in battle which will result in friendly fire,     Again, the idea is based on the proposed idea of how battles are scored. 

There is no finite solution, as in every mmo there is always a way to work around the limits.  Alts, sub guilds, friendly alliances etc. 

Edited by NeoUSMC

UNPLAYABLE! it says controller support but this is pure unadulturated poorly made dergs, should atleast have had a decent controller support 
ergo because it does not have decent controller support i feel i wont be back for a second try Good Luck CROWFALL :(

4 hours ago, Staxi said:

The first time trying the game and I'm getting 35 FPS on the lowest possible settings on a RTX 2060. 

It's not a great first impression if I'm being honest. I might check the game out later on once you have optimised some stuff. 

Seems highly CPU bound to. I get no difference in fps changing from 1440p to 1080p. Same fps around 50 on medium settings. Cant imagine what it will be like during fights with multiple people. Using RTX 2060 with Ryzen 2600X.

2 minutes ago, psytic said:

Seems highly CPU bound to. I get no difference in fps changing from 1440p to 1080p. Same fps around 50 on medium settings. Cant imagine what it will be like during fights with multiple people. Using RTX 2060 with Ryzen 2600X.

I get the most difference with overclocking cpu. Changing between 1080ti, 2080 and 1660ti while running CPU at 3.2 doesnt have much change. Although the 1080ti does outperform the others when CPU is clocked to 4.6, but that was expected, the 1080ti is a beast for its age.

Would be nice if the button to change between ranged and melee trays could be bound to the same button instead of having to build up muscle memory for different keys.

Posted (edited)

As much as I think individual spells look good in this game I don't think that spell effects need to be as detailed as they are or have as many bright light effects. I worry about how it affects performance for lower-end rigs, even with bloom off and spell FX settings being set low. For those blessed with more recent PC builds I think lower spell detail is still more preferable; the amount of sparkles makes even group vs group combat a bit noisy, let alone larger 50v50 sieges with many dozens of AoE circles stacked on top of each other and other spells being fired through.

We have gotten updates every now and then to many of these circles with adding effect-range circles or making bolder edges and I think that helped a lot, but other spell effects still compete heavily with the need-to-know information (e.g. where is the edge of this spell, and do I need to avoid/get into it).

• Many circle-spells still have very thin lines (e.g. Naiad's Fountain of Life);
  • Some spells don't telegraph accurate info, if any at all, regarding effective range (e.g. Archdruid Orb explosion);
  • Some spells tell you neither their effective range nor whether they will hurt you or not (e.g. Fessor Nados from Inq vs non-Inq, or Nados/Chaos Orb from ally or enemy).

TL;DR I'd like for spells to be much more clearly-defined regarding area of effectiveness, and to have low-spec options to be less detailed in the cool extra stuff that can obscure the combat-relevant information.

Edited by Xarrayne
formatting

P.S. Grr Winterblades 🦌

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

Posted (edited)

Hey! New player here, been playing for ~2 weeks
Before I get started, let me just say that I love the game. You will see from my review that I think there's enormous space for basic improvements, but I enjoy the game nonetheless.

TLDR:
- Put the emphasis on joining a guild when you get to Skypoint
- Guild management should be possible entirely in game
- Balance the Skypoint map, all the villages are around the Earth gate
- Put numbers on skills, "Restore some life" or "Increase your critical strike" is useless information. It could be 1, or 10k, who knows.
- Explain the game mechanics, in game. What does support power do and how do my heals scale with it, what does armor do, etc.
- Minimap!
- Clarify which profession crafts the parts you need
- Opening the map, and other things, lag the game. Super annoying.
- And much more (Read on!)

Let's get started!
I remember my first thoughts when entering the game. I created a character, a cool centaur cleric. Going heals, as I always do in MMO if I start with friend. But then I didn't know what to do. It didn't take me that long to click on "Select World" and get into God's Reach, but I think some directions would be good there.

The tutorial, or new player experience (NPE) I think is fun. Me and my friends went through it with ease. The talent tree I really like and gear wasn't hard to get along the way.
However, we got to level 30 and into Skypoint and we had no clue what to do next. As it is advertised as a PvP game, we engaged with the mechanics and went outpost capping in Skypoint. That felt really pointless since you get no reward. As a side note, it was very frustrating to fights the archer guards as melee characters. Getting onto the platform, while possible even without a movement ability, is incredibly hard for what seems no reason, and the two archers are by far the strongest guards. I think it should be clearer how to get onto the platforms or at least allow knocking back the guards or allow pulling them.

We then tried to capture a fort, and got wrecked by the guards. At that point, I should mention, we didn't even have all our disciplines equipped and had not chosen any domain. Reasons are it's super hard to understand that you can remove a discipline by destroying it in the temple since when you try to move them in your inventory or override them it just does nothing. Also, without re-specs, choosing a domain is a risky business when there's so many options and you don't know the game. That being said, I really like the domains and disciplines now that I know how they work.

After getting wrecked by the fort guards, we went camp farming. As a healer I couldn't get any loot since I was always staying back. I was playing with friends, so it wasn't really an issue because we'd call out the gear we found and split the gold, but it really doesn't incentivize playing with people you don't know.

Then, we got killed by high level players several times, even when we outnumbered them. Sure, our skill level was probably low and our builds were terrible. But the fights did not even feel close. 3v1, with a healer on our side and we barely dropped our opponent's health. It felt really bad and left us with so many questions. Are we just bad? Are our builds bad? Is our gear bad? How are they even over level 30??? Now, the level thing has been addressed, it now says on your experience bar that you can unlock level 31 with a common vessel, which is nice. Now figuring out how to craft a vessel is another thing, but I suppose you can find the vendor and buy a bad one.

All this to say that at the end of our second night, we were quite disappointed, feeling like we were powerless and also not really knowing what to do to progress.
Our group disbanded, two went offline, one went leveling another character since that was fun, and I tried to learn how gathering and crafting works.

So here was the second hurdle. Gathering. I had a common discipline and it's written on it that you can now craft intermediate tools. So I did just that. Then on the tool it says I can find an uncommon discipline by gathering with it. Nice! And so I go back to Skypoint and start skinning. And skinning. And skinning. The material drops are terrible, I quickly go through my 2-3 tools and still no uncommon discipline. I gathered for at least an hour. I thought maybe I was just unlucky, I'd give it another try later but I was bored with gathering for now. With the few materials I had, I decided I'd craft myself a leather set. Did not have nearly enough for the set and to my great disappointment, the crafted chest piece was a lot worse then the one I had. Also, it took me so long to find how to craft each piece, figuring how to make buckles and rivets (which are from armorsmithing, not leathersmithing) since it's not explained anywhere. To me that was the end of night two. Having spent an hour skinning deers for a few materials without improving my discipline and then spending another hours figuring out how to craft a chest piece that's a lot worse than the one I wore.

(Story is getting long and I have so much to say so I'll cut short)

I ended up looking on the web, finding the Crowfall Discord. I read the gathering guide, which explained the node ranks and why you should not gather high rank nodes at first even if you can if you want to find more disciplines (which I find very unintuitive)

I asked around and everyone just told me to find a guild, that the game would be a lot better with a guild, etc, etc. To my surprise, no guild UI in game, you have to apply through the website. That I think is a very important aspect to fix since as the people on the Discord mentioned, you'll do nothing without a guild. The game simply stalls without one, it's pointless.

So I join a guild they set me up with some better crafted gear and I hop into the new dregs (Synestra)! Ahhhhh. Now the game is fun. Capping outposts makes a lot more sense now that the score actually moves! In Skypoint, the score just doesn't move, which leaves you wondering what is going on. Also the season doesn't change, and it took me until Dregs to understand the UI for seasons. I thought it was a class thing. We do forts, we do sieges, now I'm hooked!

In the end it took me a week to learn the game, get a guild, hop into dregs and start having real fun. In that time, my friends did not play because the game just felt bad. I brought them back to the game with my newly accumulated knowledge, but had I not been stubborn, we would've stopped playing on day 2.

Now that I know the game, I want to make a build. However, I find that the game doesn't help you understand what is good and what is not. Some skills don't even have numbers on them! The Cleric's Crusader promotion says that "Flash of light heals allies adjacent to the enemy target". How much does it heal for? How close must you be to be considered adjacent? This to me is terrible and must be addressed. The vocabulary must be fixed, and numbers must be put. For example, Magic the Gathering has a very solid terminology. The words "destroy" and "exile" are distinct, and always used properly. When your read "target", you know that you chose a target. "Scry" is not the same as "look at the top card", "put a card in your hand" is not the same as "draw a card", and all those mechanics are explained and have their use. In a game like Crowfall, damage and heals should always have numbers associated with them CCs should clearly state their duration, distances should be in a common unit (like meters), etc.

How Support and Attack power interact with heals and damage should be stated, because otherwise you can't compare % damage increase and weapon damage with attack power increase and it becomes very hard to make good choices.

And that's true not only for combat. For instance, the intermediate pickaxes should state the % chance of dropping a discipline when fully harvesting a node and the the node rank does not affect that number.

Other miscellaneous suggestions because this post is already way too long:

- When you get to Skypoint, please put the emphasis on joining a guild
- Minimap, please!
- Fix the tooltips not showing while moving bug
- Re-spec for gold, alleluja!
- When crafting, state which profession produces the parts that you need
- Allow swapping disciplines (and maybe also domains) for free. The could be soulbound/restricted so that we can't abuse it during a fight, but toying around different options would be very nice.
- Some reward for capturing outposts in God's Reach, maybe? And a clarification that Faction vs Faction is not really a fight since the scores and seasons don't move?
- A balance of Skypoint. I find that most villages are around the Earth Portal, while Sun and Moon get 1 each. Also right north to the Earth portal, you find an incredible spot for mining, and I haven't found a better spot so I run for 15 minutes through the map (which is boring) just to mine over there.
- Some kind of in game wiki, so that you can come back to the information you haven't read in the tutorial because you spammed 'Y' like your life depended on it. (I never understood how to mine a motherlode until a guildmate showed me)
- Being able to search in vendor stalls. Finding a specific discipline is hard (although I realized that they were ordered alphabetically. Helps, but still annoying.)
- Being able to search in the dregs bank from the keeps and castle
- Explaining what import and export tokens are
- Explaining what "unlock" does. All those red buttons make it look like you're deleting your character, while in fact all it does is strip you naked and allows you to get out of dregs.
- Opening the map, moving items into the bank, hovering an item and other things lag the game. Very annoying.

Let me finish with: Good job on the game! I really like it, there's great potential, I don't think you're ready to launch, but I hope it goes well!

Edited by Guike
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NeoUSMC said:

In regards to today's live stream concerning mega Alliances, I have an Idea that would help alleviate those mega alliances while still maintaining the integrity of the guild and alliance system.

Guild Ranking system (NOT a prestige system) 
Ranks indicate guild size

- Rank 1 - 100 Members

- Rank 2 - 200 Members

- Etc, to Rank 5 having a 500 Member Cap

Alliances - 1000 members total.

Alliance composition would be represented by the ranks of each guild.
     - 2- Rank 5 Guilds form an Alliance  (Choosing to be a rank 5 guild with only 100 members is detrimental to an Alliance Composition, this creates strategy for forming Alliances)

- 10- Rank 1 Guilds form an Alliance (Closely filling the 1000 member alliance quota)

- 2- Rank 2(400) 2- Rank 1(200) 1- Rank 4(400)  Guild form an alliance.(combined 1000 members)

(The alliance composition is directly base on a minimum of 2 guilds (rank 5) to a maximum of 10 (Rank 1)

Concerns regarding this system include guilds not being full.

-  The beauty of this system allows for the recruitment of individual players into the Alliance or into any of the Guilds

-  Guilds that meet the Capacity of Rank 5 can form another guild which can become An Alliance meeting composition requirements,  The limitations of this system are bound by the Alliance Capacity.

- This system prevents Mega Guilds from forming Mega Alliances.  This system can also be bypassed by creating alliances that form alliances.  However the system allows for outside members to be targeted in pvp, essentially if you form an unofficial alliance you are bound by the rules of pvp and will incidentally target any player not in the actual alliance.

This would allow an Alliance to essentially hire individual players to occupy slots in the Alliance.  (This assuming the Player to be invited is guild-less (Free Agent))

The Creation of this Composition of Guilds and Free Agents opens  the system in a way that is controlled and prevents the creation of mega Alliances without loosing the sense of importance in having said alliance. 

***Disclaimer : I fully understand the freedom to form alliances as intended by the ACE Team, However my system does not impede that system but serves to provide structure to the system allowing a Composition of Guilds to be created giving the feel of complex systems in simplistic integration. 

The rest of this type of system is dependent on the campaign rules,  Blending Suns/Moons/Earth into an alliance is still bound by Composition regarding the Ranks of each guild.

I hope that the concept described above makes sense.

Should be a guild talent tree based on levels with 2 paths down it 1 increases your members/numbers and the other path offers guild wide buffs for power.

This then allows players to allow for large guilds however the smaller guilds can spend more points in the power line so there stronger than an indicidual of a mega zerg guild member this can allow them to compete a little better with the zerg alliances.
Aka zerg vs protoss kinda deal. Protoss units cost more and longer to build however stronger than zerg which are cheap and quick to produce

This also give value to smaller guilds in alliances aswell where somone might take smaller/mid range guild over a super large guild cause they get the extra bonuses in combat power to get them more inline with having a load of members.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Realy need more keeps/castle designs, my suggestion for this would be allow players access to all parcels and castle/keep items so walls, build slots tree of lifes and wards and so on. Allow players to use all these thing to submit there own made forts and keeps and if you like it add that setup to the dregs.

Although pretty sure u do want to have free build in dregs however this would be a relativly easy short term solution.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Feedback on alliance size/caps and choice.

I think you should add guild levels these guild levels will access a talent tree where you have a choiuce to increase guild/alliance size and Power of the guild

You get 2 paths (You can add more) to spend your point in this talent tree

1st path is all about increased numbers in your guild/alliance you will get talents like these
- Increase guild # cap by x amount
- Increase your alliance cap by x (You can either have this as an alliance leader thing or each guild increases alliance cap based on there each individual alliance cap stat)

2nd line of these talent trees would be things like this
- AP/SP and AP/SP cap increased by 50
- Stats + 20 (One for each stat)
- HP increased by 1000
- increase dmg reduction by 25% if there are twice as many enemy players in you parcel than allied players.
and so on.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

On the Subject of Performance my system runs fairly smooth,  For those with issues i have provided the basic settings.

You can compare and contrast your performance (not overclocked)

Average performance 55-65 FPS

System Specs
R9 3900X

AMD 5700XT

1TB NVME (games)

Graphics

Resolution 3440 x 1440

VSync OFF

Overall Quality Medium

Shadow Quality  2

Blood Mode  All

Post Processing

Ambient Occlusion On

Anti Aliasing FXAA

Bloom/Motion OFF

Edited by NeoUSMC

First night playing and loving the experience so far.  My only complaint would be that when you loot with F, it brings up all of the UI and while middle of a fight its kind of frustrating a bit.  Besides that, I honestly haven't had this much fun in a beta in a long time and glad I was able to jump into something like this!