Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ArtCraft please make a stress test

Every MMO launch I know has had performance issues. Games were unplayable for the first few days and the game got bad reviews.

I've been in IT for years and performance problems can be prevented in advance.

It's simple:
1.) Create a great ingame item.
2.) Pick a good test time (e.g. weekend 9pm CEST like the HD livestreams).
3.) Write an email to all account owners.
4.) Each participant will receive the great ingame item if they log in during the time period. I assume that here already the first bigger problems arise.
5.) Test Day: sit back and learn.
6.) Eliminate content errors and acquire additional server capacity.

I expect 50k to 100k players to play the game in the first few days (look at https://mmo-population.com/r/crowfall).

You can only achieve a good first impression once!

Just my 2 Cents

Posted (edited)

I imagine the test server will be popping. It will be the only server available prelaunch.

At launch, I imagine they'll be making 10-20 gods reach campaigns. Should help.

Edited by Audin

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Audin said:

At launch, I imagine they'll be making 10-20 gods reach campaigns. Should help.

It is not the campaign servers that will cause the main problems. It is usually the login servers that cause the problems. All your friends can play and you can't even log in...

Have you ever seen a campaign with 1225/1225 players? I haven't yet. What kind of problems will arise there?

What happens when there are 400 players in the Starter Zone? Will individual clients crash? Do the login servers then have zombie sessions?

Will this result in players not being able to log in again?

Edited by Blectorn

Please. With how common it is to online games to poop themselves on launch day Devs have no excuse for not being aware of it.

"OMG, we didnt expect so many people." - Multiple devs, after seeing game after game having these issues.

11 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Please. With how common it is to online games to poop themselves on launch day Devs have no excuse for not being aware of it.

"OMG, we didnt expect so many people." - Multiple devs, after seeing game after game having these issues.

With the state of the game there releasing with atleast the server problems will only last like a week :P hahaha

Veeshan Midst of UXA