Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some things I dislike.

I'm gonna preface this by saying I know people are going to take issue with my feedback, but the game asked for feedback and I honestly don't care what people who choose to argue with my opinions have to say, they are my opinions on a game that I played. First, I'm not a fan of the controller esq control scheme, I feel like you should have an option on whether or not you have to use that DC Universe Online type controls or classic mouse controls. I hate that I have to go into a menu to see what my spells do, I'm new, I'd love to just mouse over the spell or ability and see what it does, but the mouse controls the camera only. Second, not a fan of gender locked races, I feel like that just alienates half your player base. Maybe some women wanted to play a minotaur, or an elken, or whatever, but they can't unless they choose to play as a male version. I'm sure there will be people crying that it's harder or costs more to make female models, but guess what? Women play games too and want to be able to see themselves in the characters as much as men do. It'd be different if they were planning on updating the models and adding female models for the gender locked races, but they aren't as far as I can see. Third, not a fan of the repair system or lack thereof. I don't want to wear something until it breaks just to spend money and materials to have to craft a new one. I'm happy to spend money on repairing an item, but I don't want to have to craft a whole new one should it get damaged.

I think this game looks and feels cheap. This would have been acceptable if it were 2004. This cheap Fortnite art style kills me. I'm sad I backed this game so many years ago. None of the controls are intuitive. The abilities aren't fun to use. I think this is a giant racket and this game will fail immediately. Sounds harsh but it's how I feel like the OP said. I wanted this game to succeed just as much as anybody.

It's following the Cyberpunk business model. Massive hype, Take years to release a product that sucks but it's better to release it because you can't string on your player base anymore. Immediately give up on the game post launch and suck out as much money from it as possible.

Edited by Arilon

The no mouse pointer vs mouse pointer thing is a killer - pretty much makes me not want to play, it feels so clunky and out of place. You should AT LEAST have an option to toggle it on or off. You shouldn't need to go to an interface or menu to bring up a cursor, it just makes 0 sense. I can't even target players from afar to see who is who. 

I feel like they tried to be like Guild Wars in this game, but I will have to say at least Guild Wars gives you the option for PVP, whereas this game throws you right into it once you hit level 30.  It was almost like they were confused about going pve and last minute was like, hey we are going PVP fellas!  Also the in game menu is so cringe.  There should be a way to where if you wanna do something that involves your cursor it doesnt bring up your menu. Anywho goodluck in the future with your game and ty for letting me test it out.

Edited by Remesis

• 2 weeks later...

@Remesis This game is 100% a PvP game. Its labeled as a throne war simulator with winnable campaigns. The PvE in the game prior to lvl 30 only serves as a means to show you how to play the game as it is pretty complex in regards to class development. Without some sort of PvE oriented tutorial players would be lost.... I see people in general chat who did not read any of the Tutorial quest text asking questions answered in those quests. The PvE post 30 is PvPvE as players and guilds fight over World bosses and NPC camps to obtain loot/gear. This in no way shape or form a PvE game outside of players who enjoy crafting and resource gathering to sell to players and guilds, in an player based economy. 

Edited by footofgork

4 hours ago, footofgork said:

Without some sort of PvE oriented tutorial players would be lost.... I see people in general chat who did not read any of the Tutorial quest text asking questions answered in those quests. 

I think there are some people that simply wont read instructions or tutorials. More then 'some' to be fair. I dont think one can justify a PvE NPE based on the fact many people dont read the F'n manual for anything, let alone a game. 

15 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I think there are some people that simply wont read instructions or tutorials. More then 'some' to be fair. I dont think one can justify a PvE NPE based on the fact many people dont read the F'n manual for anything, let alone a game. 

Oh trust me I know. I can't even get grown ass adults to read emails at work LOL so I dont expect it to be anything different in video games 🤣